• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infamous downgrades 2: Electric depression with no bogalooing in sight

DMUA said:
Well the thing is that Cole even remarks that he feels stronger after the Ray Sphere incident in the first game, noting that he "got what he wanted". There's also some comments from Kessler and Dr. Wolfe, the two leading experts on Ray Field energy, that stat the RSB and Blast Cores multiply/boost a Conduits powers with each use.

Just getting stronger doesn't apply a multiplier

Though if they specifically say that the blast cores multiply their power, that's something, but it's still a bit inconsistent with what we see (Class M getting completely restrained by a dude with Class K feats at his peak)

Well isn't the Beast lifting strength feat based off his ability to walk around with his massive size? Seems possible that he could lift higher given that he causally threw a metal statue several blocks away.

Though, if we want to throw the RSB statements away, I'm fine with that too. We've kinda already set it aside with EoG inFamous 2 scaling anyway.

I think we can just go with the established calcs and say they're "at least this" via one of them being done just by walking and the other having been done by a person whogot several power ups

If there are no objections by like tomorrow, I'll go ahead and apply everything

The blog post links not being properly internally linked bugs me, but otherwise yeah the thread's done

Well, for safety's sake we should probably also completely remove lightning math, as the whole thing may not even be valid as a science whatsoever

I'll do so while Schnee opens fire

alright that's done

Either way, time for everyone to flood the 7-B matches, I guess

Darn it still one shot range even with the upgrade coming up....So that match would still be incon...then again if cole didn't oneshot itd be a stomp... sigh

There was a specific calc for the inFAMOUS storm, here, but it's kinda redundant so I myself didn't really bother

Discussed that above

The calc that derived its values from was based on the idea that the storm was purely localised to Empire City (something I don't think was ever specifically cited), which was assumed to be the size of New York (probably justified since it was based on it). It also draws the storm's radius by taking the area of New York and assumes the storm is square in shape, for some reason, rather than a circle, effectively getting the radius from half the squares diametre rather than getting the radius from a circle of the same area. Doing so nets a radius of 19.65 km, which is just under the standard radius for storm calculations. As such, I didn't see why it couldn't just link to the standard calculation. Even if it's redundant, that doesn't mean it's not nice to have. Hell, the Beast's profile has a number of similarly "redundant" links. Sorry, it just irritates me when there are calculations perfectly servicable for supportative evidence only for them to not be shown in the profile itself.

Whoops, sorry, didn't read the whole thread.

Also, just noticed your complaints about the giantess calculator in your lifting strength calcs and, I have to say, you do realise that you could have just used the square-cube law, that being:

mass*(new height/original height)^3

As far as I've seen, the giantess calculator is only used to find both the mass and the speed of character of a given size for kinetic energy results. You were only trying to find the mass; you didn't need it.

Poiesis Element said:
Also, just noticed your complaints about the giantess calculator in your lifting strength calcs and, I have to say, you do realise that you could have just used the square-cube law, that being:

mass*(new height/original height)^3

As far as I've seen, the giantess calculator is only used to find both the mass and the speed of character of a given size for kinetic energy results. You were only trying to find the mass; you didn't need it.
Probably,

Fork I could have done that and divided by density of humans and multiply by concrete and such

Well that's existence for you

ZephyrosOmega said:
They don't scale? huh.
Why would they

Not only do second son conduits have very distinctive traits that make them seperate from the original conduits (All of them can turn into their element and can have weirder powers like Neon or Video instead of something more grounded like lightning or tar), but Delsin also vores several blast cores throughout the game to become stronger, while Cole just gets stuck with being used as a battery and collecting shards with leftover RSB radiation

That is a lovecraftianly infintismal portion of the things about me you should be concerned about

It is sad that even though the more meta reason the powers get so weird has more or less to do with the creative teams expanding outwards, there's no in universe reason so not much that can be done.

Imagine Cole pulling a Negi and becoming lightning itself, roiling and powerful storms coming wherever he went, thunder striking into the ground as he would appear at the impact point, lightning incarnated like a demi-god.

... Hmm, this could make a cool fanfic.

DMUA said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
They don't scale? huh.
Why would they
Not only do second son conduits have very distinctive traits that make them seperate from the original conduits (All of them can turn into their element and can have weirder powers like Neon or Video instead of something more grounded like lightning or tar), but Delsin also vores several blast cores throughout the game to become stronger, while Cole just gets stuck with being used as a battery and collecting shards with leftover RSB radiation
In my defense, i have literally only played second son

Back