• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infamous downgrades 2: Electric depression with no bogalooing in sight

Then you haven't met that many people, basically everyone on this site considered every other inFAMOUS game better.

Schnee One said:
Then you haven't met that many people, basically everyone on this site considered every other inFAMOUS game better.
Oh, i thought from the way you said it, that you only liked this one and disliked the others. that makes more sense.

Second Son has good gameplay but the writing dropped hard

The game play of second son was rather solid the parkour and pseudo flight are a lot of fun, there's something satisfying about voring blast cores and shard (some reason the shards awoke my collectathon instincts) the story overall is meh. The evil routes delsin has some fun ideas though the true evil ending seemed off.

The evil route is actually kinda worse than the good one

Cole had an evil route because he was in a isolated, gang controlled city full of people who blame him for his problems cause he has powers, and he eventually had to go out and save the whole world in the second game

Meanwhile Delsin just wants to save his grandma and then immediately jumps to wanton slaughter and nuking them when they aren't cool with it

Oh yeah him turning into All For One is pretty cool, but the path there is inherintly pretty dumb

Definitely like I said some cool ideas but overall the routes inherently flawed...Im also not really clear why good delsin wouldn't do the same?

Question if we can't scale second son conduits to old conduits (I agree lot seems to have changed) Where does there resistance to bio manip come from?

Well, they're still made from the same RSB that the first generation was made from, so they shouldn't be hurt by rads and whatever comes as a consequence

Im not so sure about that logic, resistance to rads is well...radiation resistance. Im more wondering about there resistance to bio manip, cause I don't remeber anything in second son involveing bio manipulation.

I'd say this is a simple discussion on the shortcomings of fiction

Im not hating it was a solid enjoyable game I and many others felt the writing was lacking but the fact of the matter is it was still an enjoyable experience

Im just trying to figure out the source of bio manip resistance when these conduits are already so vastly different.

Well basically, they don't get resistance to rads cause Conduits can naturally absorb Ray Field radiation, a special inverse radiation that gives normal people the Plague and enhances a Conduits powers/awakens their Conduit gene/mutates them.

The bio resistance comes from the fact that Conduits (with an active Conduit gene) are immune to the Plague. Said disease was so terrible that it spread along the west coast like wild fire, could kill people the same day they started showing symptoms of having it, had no cure, could effect people with non-activated Conduit genes, some of which have signs of superhuman abilities and iirc could work on people with mutated physiology.

Oh

I actually forgot Ray field energy was a thing

It's been quite awhile since I've consumed this series whole

Although iirc its speculated in Cole's Legacy by Dr. Wolfe's brother (who has access to Wolfe's work) that the Ray Field Plague mutated so that instead of giving non-Conduits the Plague it instead turned them into Conduits. But it's never really explored any further than speculation.

So there's that.

DMUA said:
Oh

I actually forgot Ray field energy was a thing

It's been quite awhile since I've consumed this series whole
But like, it's the only reason why Evil Cole has such an impressive list of victories

Back