• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

is goku the god of anime

it seems that a lot of anime characters design and character were somewhat inspired by goku

what do you think?

He is definitely one of the most iconic and well known anime characters but personally i would'nt call him the god of anime, maybe the king of anime.

Kkapoios said:
He is definitely one of the most iconic and well known anime characters but personally i would'nt call him the god of anime, maybe the king of anime.
emperor is probably the better word, since iirc the king rules over a country while an emperor rules over several countries

and each anime can be seen as a country

I think of him more as a hero or a legend. An entity that everyone looks up to as a model but no one can reach.

IMO, God, King or anything sounding like a leader doesn't describe Goku but that's just how I see him.

EDIT : just to be clear, I think he is just one among a lot of characters, not only japanese.

Maybe the [Insert Something] of Shonen anime, but other kind of anime are quite different than what DB is.

Tezuka's works (Asto Boy for example) are probably the "Gods" of anime since they inspired decades of anime, but those themselves were inspired by early Disney stuff.

I guess Walt Disney would be the supreme being of Anime, as weird as that may seem..

Back