• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with Canon Composites and levels of Canon

Wrath Of Itachi said:
So can we use secondary or tertiary canon to upgrade a verse if it doesn't contradict anything?
Only if that's how that verse is treated on site. Is it a composited verse or not?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Only if that's how that verse is treated on site. Is it a composited verse or not?
It think it talk about the usage of Databook and Guidebook for a verse like One Piece, Bleach or Naruto.

I can't say as those aren't composite franchises. They aren't franchises with a huge wacky canon or anything.

I tried to improve a bit on the flow of the draft:

"When writing a composite character profile, it should generally be assumed that all sources are equally canon, and as such can be used to contradict each other. When there is equal consistency for both supporting and contradicting evidence, a canon hierarchy should be issued and the primary source take absolute priority."

Its not about the guidbook since those are already accepted as a case by case basis. I wanted to know if video games or LN adaptations are accepted.if they differ from the manga or anime versions of events.

Okay. I suppose that somebody can copy-paste that text then.

Back