• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It's Been Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So I'm done. Resigning, quitting, whatever, everything. I'm done powerscaling altogether. Also resigning from my staff position.

I revoked this decision before but now it's certain. This shit not for me.

Powerscaling went from a hobby to a job to torture so fast, and it's only been a few years but it's been a combo of highs and lows.

This has become an opinion based bias ran site that although screams at accuracy, has a large percent of the community go towards what they want.
A large side is pointed towards upgrades, and a large side is pointed towards downgrades. Everybody's neutral.

And frankly, powerscaling has made me hate some of my favorite series. Things I used to love are now shat on cause of powerscaling. Can't play a video game without thinking "can he beat Goku?" Can't read manga without thinking of the diameter of explosions.

Working on verses here is like playing Jenga. You build up a verse then they tear it down to start over. Everything you do doesn't matter. Double standards everywhere through anyone. People will praise you because you made their character strong, then curse you when you make them weak.

I've debated people who don't know basic math. No bull. They didn't know what regular multiplication. And they're the ones dealing with the powerscaling.

If I see another megaton again Imma spaz.

I've gotten threats from people because I disagreed on Bleach threads. People have bashed me cause I didn't throw One Piece to a certain tier. People would spam me if I think that something was an outlier. I've witnessed people talk behind my back when they're against me, then ask me for help for a verse they wanna downgrade. It's a bunch of corruption and bullshit.

I apologize for the verses I couldn't finish, the threads I couldn't wrap up, the verses I even said I would start that I couldn't even start, but whatever. Someone else will do it.
There's always gonna be an expert for a verse. Doesn't need to be me.

I don't have anything here I can say "this is my piece of work I love", cause everything's tainted. Nothing I like that's still here that's untainted.

I'm not gonna name all the people who've made this experience one to remember, cause there's too many, and Imma forget some and they're gonna get pissed.
All the servers I own will remain owned by me. I just won't be too active in there. Yall would probably get our shit banned.

But thanks. It's been real.

Discord is KingTempest#2671

Last edited:
I am very sorry to hear that. For what it is worth, I think that you have been a good and helpful staff member, and that you have done a great job with One Piece. Goodbye, thanks a lot for all of your help, and please take care of yourself.

url(1).jpg
Goodbye.gif
Thank you.png

Last edited:
Christ, this has come out of the blue.

Sorry you had to go through all that shit. The feeling's mutual. I know what it feels like to get all that hate for a verse you really love just because the powerscaling went to shit, and then people had to lambast you just because you made them go through tiers and all that. Nobody should have to go through that, period. I feel that this hobby that was once made for fun has slowly descended into complete total chaos because people made this into an obsession that pretty much takes over much of their lives instead of being able to enjoy the medium once in a while without getting bombarded by powerscaling-related messages about it every 5 minutes. Also kind of the reason I don't quite like CRTs anymore, much like DaReaperMan here, often times you'd be just going in circles without achieving anything meaningful.

You have been one of the few staff members that have been friendly and co-operating with me, even sharing in on the fun sometimes which made the ordeal all the more enjoyable. It's a shame we don't have enough staff members like that who can engage with the community, sympathize with them and even have fun with them every once in a while. Take care, Tempest, and thank you for all the contributions you have provided to the community as a whole.

Same bro, i keep seeing things in manga and anime and just going
fetchimage

every time i see a feat.

You need a break...actually, no need to use 'break'. Just have fun. You've graduated from this hobby, you outgrew it and saw it for what it was. I kinda quit before too but i ended up coming back because it was fun to do calcs, something i couldn't do prior to that. If you have nothing to enjoy here then just quit, its just how life is.
Powerscaling is a hobby and if you can't enjoy it then quit it. Can't collect stamps if you hate stamps amirite?

Go enjoy life, i hope you find a better community where you can feel comfortable and feel warm in. I send you the bestest of wishes one piece man, good luck.

I'm sad that you're leaving but I respect and am proud that you can take steps towards increasing your happiness, and if stopping powerscaling helps that, then by all means good on you. You're one of the best friends I've made on this site and you (and few other mrks you know) largely contributed to changing my mindset and attitude on this site. I've got 1 too many fond memories with you in Naruto threads (even if I think we were gooning at that time), while this site doesn't seem to have treated you the best lately, you're by far one of the major reasons I enjoy participating on this site today. Thanks for everything you've done to help me man, I'll always appreciate your help as staff and as a friend.

I'd say I'll miss you, but I won't let you escape interacting with me in PT.

KaTag.png

Christ, this has come out of the blue.

Sorry you had to go through all that shit. The feeling's mutual. I know what it feels like to get all that hate for a verse you really love just because the powerscaling went to shit, and then people had to lambast you just because you made them go through tiers and all that. Nobody should have to go through that, period. I feel that this hobby that was once made for fun has slowly descended into complete total chaos because people made this into an obsession that pretty much takes over much of their lives instead of being able to enjoy the medium once in a while without getting bombarded by powerscaling-related messages about it every 5 minutes. Also kind of the reason I don't quite like CRTs anymore, much like DaReaperMan here, often times you'd be just going in circles without achieving anything meaningful.

You have been one of the few staff members that have been friendly and co-operating with me, even sharing in on the fun sometimes which made the ordeal all the more enjoyable. It's a shame we don't have enough staff members like that who can engage with the community, sympathize with them and even have fun with them every once in a while. Take care, Tempest, and thank you for all the contributions you have provided to the community as a whole.
I agree about that this community has recurrently turned too hostile and toxic over ultimately trivial issues. We should all strive to try to make it more friendly, respectful, and collaborative again. If we have to ban a few trolls to achieve that, so be it.

Reading this is truly painful, I have always considered you one of the most consistent people on this site, and in many ways you were the person I most admired before I joined and actively participated in this forum just under a year ago, because of your accomplishments in One Piece. However, I cannot say that you are not right. Powerscaling and Crossbattles in general cause intrigue and conflict on a scale that has no right to exist, it is a hobby that affects nothing but people's personal agendas.

People curse at each other, belittle each other, threaten each other, and treat others as beneath them because of an arbitrary value based on factors that change absolutely no more than a subjective "X beats Y". How many people have lost their days, their good mood, and a smile derived from a good day because of some Powerscaling-related event? It is literally a useless activity that is meant to be done for pure fun. There is no precision in Powerscaling, objectively.

No one has to go through stress over something so inconsequential. I bid you farewell in the hope that you will be happier away from this madhouse of egos for doodles and fantasy, of egos for fictional universes and authors who don't give a damn what you think. Good luck to you off the site, we'll still be friends beyond Powerscaling, obviously, but I still wish you good luck.
You know I think a lot of you, and I wish you the best.

So I'm done. Resigning, quitting, whatever, everything. I'm done powerscaling altogether. Also resigning from my staff position.

Powerscaling went from a hobby to a job to torture so fast, and it's only been a few years but it's been a combo of highs and lows.

This has become an opinion based bias ran site that although screams at accuracy, has a large percent of the community go towards what they want.
A large side is pointed towards upgrades, and a large side is pointed towards downgrades. Everybody's neutral.

And frankly, powerscaling has made me hate some of my favorite series. Things I used to love are now shat on cause of powerscaling. Can't play a video game without thinking "can he beat Goku?" Can't read manga without thinking of the diameter of explosions.

Working on verses here is like playing Jenga. You build up a verse then they tear it down to start over. Everything you do doesn't matter. Double standards everywhere through anyone. People will praise you because you made their character strong, then curse you when you make them weak.

I've debated people who don't know basic math. No bull. They didn't know what regular multiplication. And they're the ones dealing with the powerscaling.

I've gotten threats from people because I disagreed on Bleach threads. People have bashed me cause I didn't throw One Piece to a certain tier. People would spam me if I think that something was an outlier. I've witnessed people talk behind my back when they're against me, then ask me for help for a verse they wanna downgrade. It's a bunch of corruption and bullshit.

I apologize for the verses I couldn't finish, the threads I couldn't wrap up, the verses I even said I would start that I couldn't even start, but whatever. Someone else will do it.

I don't have anything here I can say "this is my piece of work I love", cause everything's tainted. Nothing I like that's still here that's untainted.

I'm not gonna name all the people who've made this experience one to remember, cause there's too many, and Imma forget some and they're gonna get pissed.
All the servers I own will remain owned by me. I just won't be too active in there. Yall would probably get our shit banned.

It's really sad to see you quiting, but its understandable, we will miss you, take care!

Reading this is truly painful, I have always considered you one of the most consistent people on this site, and in many ways you were the person I most admired before I joined and actively participated in this forum just under a year ago, because of your accomplishments in One Piece. However, I cannot say that you are not right. Powerscaling and Crossbattles in general cause intrigue and conflict on a scale that has no right to exist, it is a hobby that affects nothing but people's personal agendas.

People curse at each other, belittle each other, threaten each other, and treat others as beneath them because of an arbitrary value based on factors that change absolutely no more than a subjective "X beats Y". How many people have lost their days, their good mood, and a smile derived from a good day because of some Powerscaling-related event? It is literally a useless activity that is meant to be done for pure fun. There is no precision in Powerscaling, objectively.

No one has to go through stress over something so inconsequential. I bid you farewell in the hope that you will be happier away from this madhouse of egos for doodles and fantasy, of egos for fictional universes and authors who don't give a damn what you think. Good luck to you off the site, we'll still be friends beyond Powerscaling, obviously, but I still wish you good luck.
You know I think a lot of you, and I wish you the best.
I agree with much of the above. Let's make a collective effort to try to shape up in this regard, and be more helpful and considerate to each other, please.

Man, isn't that the most relatable thing I've ever read.

Sucks that you of all people are leaving but it's been nice talking to a cool dude like you.

For what it is worth, I personally think that it would help if people here try to stop focusing on any comparative fighting aspects, and switch to being interested in just providing reliable statistical accuracy for the public at large.

I am almost completely uninterested in who beats who evaluations, and just like to try to accurately index things for example. It has likely helped me to last as long as I have.

Yes, I know that our name is literally VS Battles, but I did not pick it, and would probably have called it something (less striking) such as the "Character Statistics Wiki" if I had been here right from the start.

Just letting yall know

If I ever come back, yall will know. Things can change
Thank you. If you switch focus to skipping all of the fighting discussions, just try to provide accurate statistical information, and discuss the latest events in great stories in our general and fun and games forums, that could probably work. I have never understood the appeal of who beats who anyway.

Goodbye bro, you were one of the smartest and most fun people to see in the threads so you will be missed
Do what will be the best for you and enjoy a life without these stressful debates

Should we provide some kind of warning advice to our members (at the top of our versus forum?) to not overfocus on fighting discussions, as they easily encourage hostility and negativity and drain the joy out of the stories themselves? We mainly focus on character statistics, and have plenty of relaxed for fun threads about the stories themselves as well, for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back