• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It's Been Real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ngl, this is heartbreaking.

You are one of my favorite Mods.

Also, I do understand where you are coming from. In my few months here I have seen it too. I hear a lot of stories about the chaos that has happened.

The upgrade threads, The downgrade threads. Even though I am one of the goons that upgrade verses, I admit they are frustrating and annoying, especially dealing with a ton of stuff that has already been discussed extensively. And the toxicity that comes will never make sense to me. Yes, I upgrade characters, but I don't care about the praises, All I care about is the satisfaction that my favorite verse is where it needs to be in my perspective. When I see a verse that is too wanked, I want to make the "downgrade" thread, but the fear that I will be cursed out (I never knew I could also be threatened until now ://) persists but I will overcome that fear eventually cuz I'm starting not to care what anyone says. If i'm hated cuz of it, so be it. If I'm loved so be it. This is my hobby among many others, not a job and it's fun.

I have no idea what being staff feels like. It's probably 10x worse than what I experienced. But from watching what @DemonGodMitchAubin and @DarkDragonMedeus, just dropping their opinion and just leaving is actually a good move. But you, a staff making the threads, yeah... it's probably hell.

Guess I can still contact you on Discord to know your opinion on stuff from time to time. Especially now that I am watching One Piece.

Till next time.

Have I felt the exact same emotions as you described in the OP?

Yes, many times.

Whatever you have described is mostly true. There is bias. On both sides. Changes you made will eventually get changed. People will sometimes praise you. And the same people will sometimes hate you too. They will ask for help, and they will also talk behind your back.

I've always personally felt that if you are going through these things, then you are doing your job right. Because the only way you can make everyone happy here is if you do it wrong. This is a site where people have different opinions about virtually everything, it's impossible to please everyone. You can't stop people from hating you because you had a different opinion, but you can feel good about not being a people pleaser, standing your ground, and doing what's right. Being in a position of responsibility is not easy here. And the greater the responsibility, the more you have to deal with these sort of things, and the more you learn, to the point where these things stop bothering you. At the end of the day you realize that there is no 100% agreement on anything and that's how it is, you just learn to deal with it.

From personal experience, taking a short break, to detoxify yourself, works wonders in these situations.
I largely agree with this. Even I have received massive amounts of hatred despite being the staff member who has easily worked the hardest in sum total over the years trying to be helpful to other members here.

If I am helpful and considerate 999 times in a row, almost nobody will particularly care, but if get stressed out and impatient and make a mistake a single time, and then quickly apologise and try to make up for it, I will still get a vicious attack video on YouTube viewed by 50,000 people, just to make one of many examples. The old troll regiment also treated me far worse than what I just described, but they eventually lost interest a few years ago.

Basically, do not expect other people to be perfect in either a positive or negative direction, i.e. do not idolise them or condemn them instead of trying to put things in perspective with the good and bad contributions weighed against each other, especially if you are not placing any remotely similar demands on your own behaviour.

I largely agree with this. Even I have received massive amounts of hatred despite being the staff member who has easily worked the hardest in sum total over the years trying to be helpful to other members here.

If I am helpful and considerate 999 times in a row, almost nobody will particularly care, but if get stressed out and impatient and make a mistake a single time, and then quickly apologise and try to make up for it, I will still get a vicious attack video on YouTube viewed by 50,000 people, just to make one of many examples. The old troll regiment also treated me far worse than what I just described, but they eventually lost interest a few years ago.

Basically, do not expect other people to be perfect in either a positive or negative direction, i.e. do not idolise them or condemn them instead of trying to put things in perspective with the good and bad contributions weighed against each other, especially if you are not placing any remotely similar demands on your own behaviour.
It was said millions of times in the past and even the philosophers said it.
perfection does not exist, and the world, the stars, the galaxies and the universe are fine.
without perfections, all imperfect, because in any case if everything is imperfect it will be worth something to differentiate it

Well, to be fair, most of the members here are perfectly nice and well-behaved, and seem to appreciate when I help them and politely thank me for it, so take my last post above with a grain of salt. As I said, I am far from perfect, and get in annoyed moods at times.

I do think that people in general should try to look at if their own behaviour is even worse than the people they condemn though. It is a good rule of thumb at least.

Well, to be fair, most of the members here are perfectly nice and well-behaved, and seem to appreciate when I help them and politely thank me for it, so take my last post above with a grain of salt. As I said, I am far from perfect, and get in annoyed moods at times.

I do think that people in general should try to look at if their own behaviour is even worse than the people they condemn though. It is a good rule of thumb at least.
Well, some people do get noticeably worse when faced with the anonymity of the internet and fact that they will never have to meet the people they interact with there personally as far as I'm aware. A person behaving horribly because they presumably won't have to suffer any large personal consequences in their real life doesn't really imply good things about that person and I doubt that any normal person would want these kinds of implications to apply to them though I doubt that most people who act like that even bother with trying to think about things like that.

Last edited:
Damn, I was not expecting this.

Sorry to see you go King, but I completely understand. Sucks you had to go through all of that. You were actually one of my favorite Mods here and a lot of the things you got accomplished for the One Piece verse might not have ever happened if it wasn't for you. Take care man.

This is sudden. but dang right I can feel you about that can't play a game without thinking "Can he beat goku?"

I always see you on well-known shounen verses which I'm a fan (Mostly One Piece) of but refrain myself from being involved due to how big of a group those popular verses are even in powerscaling.

When it comes to being rational and fair in these verses I see you as someone that is respectable. Sad to see you go but at the same time Glad that you're free from the torture that is powerscaling.

It's funny how my recent interactions with you are about King in One Piece against Xiao from Genshin. Truly a King coincidence

Best Wishes to you

Another one leaves, another window for the wiki's own introspection passes with no self-awareness...

Goodbye. It's a shame to see you go, but I understand. Take care of yourself.
I hope you're able to accomplish something you're passionate about and find a much happier place.

Goodbye. It's a shame to see you go, but I understand. Take care of yourself.
I hope you're able to accomplish something you're passionate about and find a much happier place.
I agree, but I hope that he and others who get severely worn out from versus discussions simply start to always avoid them to focus on the positive parts of of this community instead. I hope that KingTempest will be able to come back after he has mentally recovered and detoxified himself, and then avoids all threads that he considers too toxic after that.

I agree, but I hope that he and others who get severely worn out from versus discussions simply start to always avoid them to focus on the positive parts of of this community instead. I hope that KingTempest will be able to come back after he has mentally recovered and detoxified himself, and then avoids all threads that he considers too toxic after that.
Fully agreed.
I've actually started avoiding VS threads for the most part a while ago, and I've been happier for it. Focusing on indexing and more fun topics/threads is much better for me personally.
I hope that Tempest takes the much needed break, and hopefully finds the desire to come back in the future.

Yes, me as well.

Everybody please remember that we have plenty of fun and games and general forum threads that are just for relaxation and discussing the latest events in verses that you like, and that our content revision threads provide an appreciated service for our over 1 million monthly visitors.

I can understand your frustration and sentiment, KingTempest. I myself feel rather discouraged with several discussions that feel they aren't going anywhere, as well as verses constantly being changed due to different calculations or people trying to change the structure of the verse, which makes creating matches extremely vexing. I've felt you've been a rather level-headed individual when I've seen your posts and contributions, and I hope you can just chill and enjoy TV series without having to freak out about powerscaling or the dimensions of explosions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back