• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack is back: Samurai Jack discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matt

Jack going back to the past to stop Aku has been his goal for the entire series, tho. We've always known/reasonably expected him to be "robbed" of his accomplishments in the future (Which I think is still gimping them based on your description).

A friend of mine puts it very well : "the point was to undo all evil ever done - whether or not it meant leaving your future acquaintances to not exist anymore. Not even Ashi remains - a moral win was always valued more than a personal one in the ideal Samurai Jack universe. It ends on a beautiful note - of an uncertain future than a certain evil."

It can be easy to forget (because they don't bring it up a lot), but future Aku is responsible for the deaths of countless beings on a multi-galactic scale. Jack getting back to the past has never been purely for his own gain, but to stop everything Aku caused. Stopping Aku during their initial encounter means saving more lives that can properly be fathomed.

I always thought of it as a greater good sort of thing. Jack undoing Future Aku's actions may have erased some lives. But vastly, vastly more death, destruction and suffering is prevented as a result.

Also technically it's Aku who's messing with the flow of time. Jack's just making things back to how they were supposed to be.

Alright, I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here, I'm glad they didn't give the series the "And they lived happily ever after" style of ending, if it had been, and Jack and Ashi lived together til the day they died, it wouldn't have had the same impact, with Ashi dying, it really shows that to achieve the greater good there will be sacrifice

That is an ending that, while hard to swallow, does make sense. But they waited until their wedding to kill her off for zero reason aside from "muh feels" when she says "I felt him leave me" BOOM she should be gone. He is dead, so are you. But nah, they gotta get our hopes up and wait until Jack thinks he will finally be happy then Nia Ashi right on out of there.

It would have been much more impactful and realistic if either A. Ashi acknowledges she will fade away as they are running from the now-dying Aku and they enjoy a final embrace before the explosion occurs and she disappears, or B. They are running away as normal but when the flash of light from the explosion clear Jack turns to Ashi to congratulate her on their victory over Aku, only to realize that she is gone.

Should Ashi blocking attacks from Aku really be disregarded so simply? It was only after realizing her powers, so it would probably warrant a new key.

Well, in the previous episode, she lost to Jack but he didn't kill her which allowed Aku to disarm him of the sword. So with that said, I think Ashi blocking Aku's attacks can be attributed to PIS which is not unusual for season finales on tv shows.

Idk, I agree with Crop. She was still corrupted when she was fighting Jack, and only truly mastered her powers directly before clashing with Aku.

Aku was not fully serious during the episode and his best feat was only as a meteor.

Again, we've agreed to scale Aku's stats all around feat to the meteor, as that feat is simply just him flying down from the sky. And while much weaker than his current self as that.

And I don't see reason for Aku to be holding back so drastically at the time. Plus he was clearly shocked that she was able to block his attacks.

I guess once could argue it's PIS, but according to Crop and others this was only once she fully mastered her powers.

@Dark Why would Aku hold back? He just got serious and wiped out an army in one shot. He was finally about to kill Jack; he should be going harder than ever right then.

The problem is this, if we try to scale Ashi to Aku's current self, we'd scale her to what we have for when he simply crash landed onto the earth, the question is what tier would his current self be, how fast would he be, we can't scale him to anything unless you want to scale him to The Nameless Darkness by using Vishnu's statement from the episode where Jack got his sword back in which Vishnu stated "Aku is the ultimate evil of the universe" where he is being compared to The Nameless Darkness.

1. We simply have Aku and Ashi be "At least Country level." That's what you do when a character is much stronger than a certain feat but doesn't have any direct higher showings. There's no issue with scaling.

2. Please don't bring up this "Ultimate Evil" stuff again. I already went over with you multiple times why that isn't valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back