• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack Slash additions

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Maybe I also change the file pic idk

Range: "possibly far higher" or something due to cast page.

Jack Slash ― Leader of the Slaughterhouse Nine, can extend the cutting edge of any blade to nigh-infinite range. Sports a trimmed beard and casual clothing, with only a belt of knives and an icy stare to suggest he is anything but normal.
Jack Slash - Can extend a blade's edge infinitely, as well as able to predict/manipulate other capes
Parahuman spreadsheet, won't let me put it in the quote for some reason
Hookwolf's storm of blades had been augmented to an endless range, the strength of the cuts, thrusts, slashes and stabs augmented a fraction by Jack's power. It didn't make the cuts more severe, but only extended the strength and severity of the cuts to the peak point in the blade's movement. Heavy armor plates were scarred, cut and torn away. The wounds to Golem's face, arms, chest and legs were different, the pain oddly delayed, as if it took time to sink in.
Social Influencing:

The real main function of Jack's power is to communicate with shards. Emphasis on communicate. He's not like Administrator or whatever one of the shards Goddess (Parahumans) has where they're forced into line, he's just sorta unconsciously talking to people's powers. Even without this, remember that Jack isn't consciously doing this and the power is still predicated off of his own skill at reading and manipulating. His interlude has him describe in detail how he's manipulating the S9 to keep them together and focused on what he wants, describing everything in terms of carrots and sticks. He also started the apocalypse by telling Scion he should try out being a villain but Scion's just really impressionable and was only even a hero because some homeless guy suggested that first so this isn't that important, of all things.

Resistance to Pain Manipulation: Just like Bonesaw he can apparently just turn it off.

"I'm not… Darwinist," Jack gasped. "None of that… bullshit. Augh! I'm… I think it is simple-"

He continued grunting. His switch to turn off the pain took a second to activate, took deliberate action, but getting in the rhythm meant he could buy himself one or two seconds of relief with each loop. It was a question of concentration, and his concentration slipped.

Blade range goes on until it hits something, clearly, at which point it cuts based on the size of the blade.

Social Influencing and Pain Resistance is fine by me.

Think it's less first contact and more when it hits a thing that it won't cut through since he can cut through crowds of people but can only cut like a foot deep into concrete with a four foot long sword. It shouldn't be literally infinite because it would be really weird for his explicitly crippled shard to be the 1 that bypasses the restriction to the earth's atmosphere.

Yeah.

Anyways yeah obviously it's not actually infinite

Back