• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jake English profile creation and God Tier feats

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
I suggest we make a Jake English profile. I don't know about his previous forms, but we have a pretty obvious God Tier feat for him right here, where he's depicted casually overpowering Grimbark Jade after being powered up by Aranea. And Aranea herself stated that the barrier of hope is nigh-impenetrable, which was proven immediately when Jade tried to challenge it. She wasn't even able to space-warp him away because the barrier was just that powerful.

However, I don't remember if he has any notable pre-god tier feats.

Jake's Hope Barrier is pretty powerful, and should definitely be noted, but I doubt it scales to his GT form, normally. Otherwise we'd have Low 2-C Crowbar.

I know that. I was just wondering if we should make a separate key for when he's powered up by Aranea.

Should we scale his regular God Tier form to the other God Tiers, or should we just put him at a lower level because he seems a bit incompetent compared to the rest?

He should probably scale to at least lower-level God Tiers (John when he first ascended, Vriska, etc.), but his incompetence should definitely be a weakness. He left himself wide open during the majority of the Felt fight (despite being superior to pretty much all but one member of the team) and would have died had it not been for Jane.

Part of me wants to doubt that base God Tier Jake should be 5-A. Especially since how much he struggled (But still eventually won) during (S) Collide, but that's probably just lowballing. I don't really know, but I'm just having a hard time believing that Jake would be Large/Multi Planet Level.

But then again, we have Yamcha as Planet Level on this wiki, so I guess I can accept it.

Still don't know about pre-GT Jake, though. Possibly building level to large building level? I do recall him casually fighting ridiculously large monsters on a regular basis for a hobby.

Back