• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jean Grey (Pre-Retcon) Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just do what we did with TASM Electro. Link the scene, count how many people Jean killed at once and give it an at least rating.
There's this feat, the problem is that it is difficult to count all the soldiers she killed and the amount change in each scene

Is everything else about the new profile fine?

Looking at the calc, something seems off compared to the other subatomic calc. 3.79e12 joules is only 8-A whereas the low end for a human’s destruction is High 7-C.

Edit: Did you take into account the mass of the Blackbird? Cuz the calc only seems to be accounting for a single cc of titanium.

Looking at the calc, something seems off compared to the other subatomic calc. 3.79e12 joules is only 8-A whereas the low end for a human’s destruction is High 7-C.

Edit: Did you take into account the mass of the Blackbird? Cuz the calc only seems to be accounting for a single cc of titanium.
He hasn't calc'd the blackbird. He only calc'd the subatomic destruction of titanium to see if he did it right.

Once approved, then he will calc the destruction of the blackbird.

Yeah, if my calc about the subatomic destruction of titanium is accepted then Jean would be High 6-C (125 Gigatons), I already did the calc but I'm waiting for the former to be evaluated and accepted

Since the only thing left is to wait for the calc to be evaluated, which I hope it doesn't take long, is it fine if I update the profile now with an unknown rating until the calc is evaluated and, if accepted, update it again?

The calc hasn't been evaluated yet, but I have some questions about what this would be:
He attacked the truck directly, but on a subatomic level, refining his perceptions to the point where the world was no longer composed of tangible, readily identifiable objects, but instead flash points of energy, lines of force.
Jean has a similar statement:
Xavier and Jean had long since passed the point of manipulating tangible objects. There were no more walls to see for these two.
And also this:
Inexplicably, she had felt a sudden chill, and reacted with a desire for warmth, drawing in the myriad dots of energy that surrounded her, hoping to draw energy from them to restore herself.

He didn't resist anymore. Charles felt an eerie, almost welcome, calm, and knew that he was shining with light too, by this point, although nowhere near as brilliant as Jean. He also knew that as energy, he could neither be created nor destroyed, although his state might well have changed beyond all recognition.
Although his death is described like this:
And with those words, he cast forth into the heart of her the very best of himself, only a fraction of an unmeasurable pulse of time before she struck what remained of his body with such force that it instantly shattered into less than its component atoms. [...] Of Charles Xavier, there was nothing left but memories.
And the death of Cyclops was like this

I think that would count as a specific Speed Amp, Perception Speed Amp.

Perception Speed

The timeframe it takes for a character to notice an event or reaction. But crucially, this does not grant any movement; at most, it allows the user to activate a thought-based ability.

Speed: X Speed, higher with Perception Manipulation (Or whatever that ability is called)

Yes, what I don't know is what specific speed she would have, or if the feat can be calculated. Jean also has another similar feat:
And with those words, he cast forth into the heart of her the very best of himself, only a fraction of an unmeasurable pulse of time before she struck what remained of his body with such force that it instantly shattered into less than its component atoms.

Fraction of a moment of elapsed objective time - The others (X-Men) reacting to Jean's facial and head movements.

Engrossed for hours (In her own perception) - Jean looking at and studying Storm's rain drop.
Magneto also has a similar feat where he amplifies his perception
Magneto's is him manipulating his perception to where he can see "flash points of energy, lines of force, and atoms"

Basically amping his vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back