• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jigen's resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
In chapter 38, Sasuke uses amaterasu against Jigen, and then Jigen talks about amaterasu while the flames were in his body, after talking about amaterasu, he absorbs the flames. He looks perfectly fine, amaterasu don't seem to have affected him even after the amount of time the flames were still in his body.

Should it be resistance to fire or just a durability feat?

The fire was on him very briefly before he absorbed it. Couldn't this just be a case of his natural durability tanking it out in the short span of time before he absorbed the fire?

Madara might have it for the wrong reasons too.

But in this case, this is a form of Jigen when he is significantly more powerful than Naruto and Sasuke. Seeing as he absorbed the fire mere moments after it hit him, I don't think it is enough to qualify him for having resistance to fire.

Considering Sasukes amaterasu has been shown to hurt characters far stronger than him throughout the series, it makes more sense that its a resistance feat.

At best I think this should only be marked as a Possibly, considering how briefly it happened and the fact that he immediately absorbed it.

I disagree, every time we see someone get hit by the amaterasu they immediately start screaming in pain. The only ones who haven't are Madara and Jigen.

Damage seems to make sense to me. Jigen being more powerful and absorbing all jutsu complicates this.

So should we go with the "possibly" solution then?

I will unlock the Jige profile. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back