• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is secretly a metafiction

Hey, some of you probably wouldn't have clicked on this if it said "Jotaro Kujo Minor Revisions", would you?

Basically, Jotaro Kujo should have 4th Wall Awareness, since during his fight with Wheel of Fortune, after he seemingly killed Jotaro, well, I'll let the scan speak for itself.

GQLiOQA
Jotaro directly acknowledges himself as the main character.

Sonic has 4th wall awareness and I think he only displayed it twice (Once in Sonic CD and once in Sonic Colors, I might be missing a few). But if it can't be added it's alright.

1. It's not explained HOW Jotaro even understands he's in a manga

2. It's not consistent, Jotaro or any character never uses anything remotely similar ever again.

3. This is coming from one of the most forgetful manga authors in history, I honestly think he doesn't even remember writing this scene.

This is just like Jotaro flying, it doesn't make sense and it's never touched upon again. I'm going to say Jotaro absolutely does not have this ability.

Our standards regarding what counts as "canon" Breaking the Fourth Wall are quite random I might say.

But this really feels just like a one-off gag than an actual ability. This should only really be given to characters who can regularily do so. Otherwise we'd give this "ability" to tons of undeserving characters, especially video game ones.

Back