• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

But wait!!! What happened to the Kt and M3x agenda!!!

Miguel ~ Gojo >>> Naobito

Unless they wanna start saying ******* Gojo >~Naobito >~ Miguel

We got even more reason to think there’s exceptions to the “fastest jujutsushi” TITLE, which is never confirmed by anyone

It’s a title he possesses. Even Kamo in the raws says “Naobito is ‘the fastest’ with projection sorcery”
Yeah.
The sorcerer clans literally manipulate shit all the time and now we see another exception. The agenda needs to stop.
It's more like the popular guy in a school is known to be a fast runner, but there are unknown students who are faster than that popular guy. General people would believe that the popular guy is the fastest runner in that school. This is just blind belief by people who want to cap Naobito as the peak speed for characters.

It's more like the popular guy in a school is known to be a fast runner, but there are unknown students who are faster than that popular guy. General people would believe that the popular guy is the fastest runner in that school. This is just blind belief by people who want to cap Naobito as the peak speed for characters.
This is misanalogous because there would also be known people that are just not as popular and widely known for their speed

@Guacamolefletcher is gonna lead the revolution💪
"Throughout heaven and earth, He alone is the revolutionary one."
batman-dark-knight.gif

After last week's rather anti-climactic chapter, I found myself very happy with this chapter. At least not all of the previous fighters are down for the count, and they can contribute together in a tag-team so it's not just another rinse and repeat of before. Miguel was a real treat, outing Gojo for his indirect discrimination.

I'm also glad that there was explicit evidence now that Sukuna made a binding vow with the World Slash he used against Gojo. It makes it a bit more believable that Gojo was caught off-guard by it since Sukuna only had one hand to use it, which he'd been led to believe made it impossible for Sukuna to use any advanced techniques. But it also leaves me kinda confused: why did the binding vow change when Sukuna transformed? And what sort of limit is there to the binding vow? Could he not just make another binding vow to use the world slash with just one hand? I'm sure I'm missing something here, so an explanation would be nice.

But overall, my interest has now been piqued again.

The inding vow didn't change
New dismantle can be used with hand signs, Sukuna had only one arm at that instance (I really doubt he would've been able to do anything if he turned into his heian form because that Gojo was amped and Sukuna's output was really low, I'm sure Gojo was even so close to getting back his domain)
So Sukuna made a binding vow to use that slash without hand signs
In return from that moment, he will need to recite chants and direct it with his hand to activate it

The inding vow didn't change
New dismantle can be used with hand signs, Sukuna had only one arm at that instance (I really doubt he would've been able to do anything if he turned into his heian form because that Gojo was amped and Sukuna's output was really low, I'm sure Gojo was even so close to getting back his domain)
So Sukuna made a binding vow to use that slash without hand signs
In return from that moment, he will need to recite chants and direct it with his hand to activate it
Ok, so in exchange for that brief opportunity to catch Gojo off-guard by using the World Slash with a single hand with no prior requirements, he's more limited with the rest of his chants and needs to direct the slash with his hands to activate it? So it was just like a one-time deal? I'm fine with that, just as long as Sukuna doesn't make another vow or something that allows him to repeat the same thing.

Ok, so in exchange for that brief opportunity to catch Gojo off-guard by using the World Slash with a single hand with no prior requirements, he's more limited with the rest of his chants and needs to direct the slash with his hands to activate it? So it was just like a one-time deal? I'm fine with that, just as long as Sukuna doesn't make another vow or something that allows him to repeat the same thing.
Yeah in order to kill Gojo while Gojo is vulnerable (a surprise attack on the one assured of his victory) Sukuna nerfed the new dismantle forever

Because Naobito's the cap, making someone faster than the cap means they can be whatever they want em to be

He was weak by current standards but not every current character is a speedster like Maki
You claim this like there's significant lore making Maki way faster than anyone in the big 3 heavy hitters

Like the secret lore only M3x and KT know says Maki is faster than Yuta and Hakari by an insane degree... but not faster than Naoya w/o stacking! Still subsonic

Like the secret lore only M3x and KT know says Maki is faster than Yuta and Hakari by an insane degree... but not faster than Naoya w/o stacking! Still subsonic
Could you please, like, ignore me and Tempest? Do not interact with us at all. You're annoying. We don't like you. All your claims are stupid as ****.

Please do not make me ask a staff to block you for me.

Why are people so fanatical when it comes to make characters faster than Naobito? Like, is it just because bro died in the earliest arcs and now you think he’s weak as ****?
Besides the fact that I think JJK speed should be higher (I know there's bias, I know). There are a few things about the Naobito cap that haven't found addressed to the best of my knowledge.

Naobito's feats were done when he was lazing around beforehand, presumably inebriated and at the age of 71. He did pretty good in his fight w/Dagon but wasn't in his physical prime.

Also, there's vagueness to that statement. Did Naobito gain that title from an unknown feat in the past that was much higher then his current showings? Is there some yearly competition or assessment for that title? Is it purely rep? Is it only official/graduated sorcerers or are students also taken into consideration? And Gojo is a noted exception (I mean he is Gojo). If Gojo is an exception, then there can be some room for other ones, especially ones hyped up being special grade and/or having potential to be on Gojo's level.

Maybe this was sufficiently addressed earlier and missed it but that's how I see the Naobito cap situation. Hope this makes sense!

Another issue is the claim is just by being faster than Naoya, the scaling chain would at least be this:

Naoya < Naobito < Stacked Naoya < Stacked Naobito

So it results in Naobito being at least slightly faster than Naoya aka at being slightly faster than mach 1. Then they extrapolate the minimum scaling for Naobito to say that he's not supersonic without stacking because he isn't inherently via the connective scaling to Naoya. Then somehow because of it he's faster than anyone w/o being supersonic, which is just a big non-sequitur.

Naobito could just be supersonic without stacking or whatever, but even if he isn't, it doesn't matter because his title doesn't matter.

Naobito's feats were done when he was lazing around beforehand, presumably inebriated and at the age of 71. He did pretty good in his fight w/Dagon but wasn't in his physical prime.
What I will say might even be an anti feat for Naobito > Naoya is how one arm Naobito ~ Maki and whatnot. He's not that fast with only one arm, and his own reactions and whatnot.

I will say that it's weird Naoya can dodge Choso's piercing blood if so.

Also for the 24fps movement "anti feat" and whatnot, I'd say it's more a hole in the story, because the premise of the ability doesn't even make sense. Moving at mach 1 can't be animated at 24fps unless there's some shenanigans we don't know about. I guess it's possible, but not with the complexity that Naoya does it, and the sharp turns and the number of movements that he does it in.

I think the biggest thing is we're super caught up in calcs and whatnot and discussing and debating when the author hasn't thought this shit through. We saw it with the black flash shit, the author is just a yapper and doesn't understand the implications of certain things

Half of the characters fighting right now are weaker than Dagon in his domain
How and who

Tbf, Naobito was only a Grade 1 and was < Dagon in his domain. Sorta weak by current standards.
That's in domain though. A domain that spawns big fish biting into you and held out for several minutes and got caught off guard to make it happen. Most couldn't survive that without popping their own domain or having good rct.
Naobito is also faster than most, no one has the perception, senses or reflexes to keep up. We see Choso needs FRS just to perceive Naoya not at top speed, Naobito > Naoya. Kamo still confirming Naobito to be the fastest even with knowledge Maki got better, Hakari joined the fight, Yuta in the game and SUKUNA.
His ap isn't bad either. He's breaking Dagon's fingers, punching through his water shield, something Nanami couldn't. And this is all ignoring how hard his ct will be to deal with, all the easy hits he'd get on people. I'd say Naobito in the Culling Games is a problem for all who aren't Yuta and Maki.

Naobito is only known to be fastest Sorcerer not that he is the fastest Sorcerer.

He should be outspeed by many characters.
Untrue. He is known to be the fastest in a era of prodigies like Yuta, Yuji, Naoya, Yuki, Maki. Realistically the only ones out-speeding him are Gojo and likely Sukuna. And Maki got HR and then could perceive Naoya, something that FRS did only by raising visual acuity. I doubt (besides scaling) you can make good reasoning for why someone like Higuruma or Ryu could keep up or have perception that good.

You claim this like there's significant lore making Maki way faster than anyone in the big 3 heavy hitters
0140-007.png
0140-008.png
0151-016.png

What is Yuta doing here? Holding back his speed cause he wants to kill Yuji? He's just holding back yeah. Maki punched top speed Naoya.
Maki smelling light and seeing sound > Mach 3 God Cursed Naoya The King of Speed Curses > Maki ~ Naoya ~ Yuta

Don't even need lore but here
e19a6c3877904f7c6b5451a03468eec117de6a34.gif

What is Maki? Who is Maki? Why is Maki?
All these questions can be answered through one simple word... HER!

Where does Maki get all her swagger and strength from? Her loser clan? Her old bitter dad? Her friends? None.
She gets it from endless hard-work, immense skill and being herself... unlike that loser Gojo.

"What's Maki's best feat"
What's yours? Maki went toe to toe with the man himself and survived. Name someone else who still alive, running hands with Gege Sukuna?
"Maki not faster than Hakari, he lightning speed"
Read the manga.

Kamo still confirming Naobito to be the fastest even with knowledge Maki got better
he did not.

He said Naobito is "the fastest" aka he brought up the title, and how he was considered fast

Culling Games is a problem for all who aren't Yuta and Maki
Or Hakari or Kashimo or Ryu or Uro

He is known to be the fastest in a era of prodigies like Yuta, Yuji, Naoya, Yuki, Maki.
He has the title, sure, but like being known for something doesn't mean much.

〝最速”禪院直毘人の「投射呪法」……………!!

"the fastest" Naobito Zen'in's "projection sorcery"...!!!

He is talking about the title. It's like they said in bleach " "The strongest projectile user " Jirobo Ikkanzaka" and you tried using that to say Jirobo > Byakuya

〝最速”禪院直毘人の「投射呪法」……………!!

"the fastest" Naobito Zen'in's "projection sorcery"...!!!

He is talking about the title. It's like they said in bleach " "The strongest projectile user " Jirobo Ikkanzaka" and you tried using that to say Jirobo > Byakuya
And now prove the title wrong... through the story if you can.

Ok so this is a concession because then it's not Kamo saying he is indeed the fastest, he's bringing up the title, and it goes against your point.

Holding back his speed cause he wants to kill Yuji? He's just holding back yeah.
He's holding back to the point where ******* Yuji can break his sword...

Naoya badly blitzing Yuji and Choso:

Yuji vs that iteration of Yuta, being basically ******* equal in speed:

Same Yuji clashes with Yuta:

Same Yuji can break Yuta's sword:

So basically, if you think Yuta is going all out here, you think Yuji >~ Yuta in stats and Yuji = Yuta in speed, but guess what.

Here is a slightly manifested Rika completely overpowering that Yuji physically, with Yuta specifying to her "we're playing around":

Same Yuta is ~ Rika in physicals.
Same Yuta who kept up with Geto, who is equal to Kenjaku in combat speed, and who could casually perception blitz 3 sorcerers including pre-awakened Maki. Same Yuta who did this vs Kenjaku:
https://imgur.com/a/P4eOGhR
Same Kenjaku who could casually dodge piercing blood, which is faster than Naoya's best. So basically, it's clear Yuta was holding back to the point where he was physically relative to Yuji and relative to Yuji in speed. This makes sense because otherwise, Naoya would be >>>>>> Yuta in terms of speed, and he'd be stronger than Yuta w/o Rika, as he'd just be able to blitz and wear down, or even blitz + one shot

Miguel ~ Gojo > Naoya. That simple.

Geto is a sorcerer. Geto ~ Kenjaku > Piercing blood

Back