• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Unless it gets expanded upon as a system its just a get out-of jail card for Gege to do whatever. What are the lower and upper limits? Are there any?

Basically, I dont want "Why didn't X use Y binding vow during Z" to be on my mind post series, it should be answerable in all/most contexts.
Pretty much my sentiment. Should've never added it to the story and just went about it all in different ways. For example Hakari's binding vow was losing his arm in exchange for putting its curse energy to protect the rest of his body. Why? Sorcerers can consciously move their curse energy around, binding vow isn't needed. Why would Sukuna make a binding vow with Yuji to allow himself to take over his body? Yuji got fed numerous fingers which let Sukuna take over, Sukuna could've used that time to switch with Megumi instead of fighting Jogo, and his main reason was that he needed to regain strength, 15 fingers could've been that.

Some binding vows just weren't needed.

You think he should get a higher ranking on Martial Arts due to being able to somewhat match Sukuna?
Not really, its a weak Sukuna who’s been fighting back to back and with Yuji his physical capabilities are being reduced every hit. Plus Sukuna isn’t far superior to everyone else in martial arts, everyone can fight with him they just lose from dismantle most the time.

Yuji got fed numerous fingers which let Sukuna take over, Sukuna could've used that time to switch with Megumi instead of fighting Jogo, and his main reason was that he needed to regain strength, 15 fingers could've been that.
don't gonna jump into the other bits cuse I don't have a solid opinion on binding vows, but are you really just gonna forget the whole explanation in 213? where sukuna outright says megumi could've been a cage like yuji hence he was waiting for the right moment where his soul and resolve would be at its weakest to hop in? like come on my good man story beats happen don't just skim over them.

don't gonna jump into the other bits cuse I don't have a solid opinion on binding vows, but are you really just gonna forget the whole explanation in 213? where sukuna outright says megumi could've been a cage like yuji hence he was waiting for the right moment where his soul and resolve would be at its weakest to hop in? like come on my good man story beats happen don't just skim over them.
Ya keep doing this thing where you bring up a part of the story to try and dismiss or "debunk" what I say but forget I am always talking about this stuff in context to a story developing not developed. Gege could've easily made Megumi's moment during Shibuya from having a moment with his dad, or his sister dying or hell Gege could make a different reason or simply remove that even being an obstacle in the plan.

Ya keep doing this thing where you bring up a part of the story to try and dismiss or "debunk" what I say but forget I am always talking about this stuff in context to a story developing not developed. Gege could've easily made Megumi's moment during Shibuya from having a moment with his dad, or his sister dying or hell Gege could make a different reason or simply remove that even being an obstacle in the plan.
Yeah and that is an absolutely awful decision, not only would it get rid of one of the best fights in megumi V regi, it would also make the previous plot points worthless as well, yuji being revived? ah well just for the **** of it, enchain well who needs it right?

Honestly your story takes are awful man, you want the quickest and dumbest solution which invalidates chunks of the story for no reasons and you simply wave away these F tier takes by "well It should've been written this way" but here is the thing, your tastes in story writing sucks man, I can't even sugar coat it or try to be more snarky about it, your story takes are bad 98% of the time.

“ABSOLUTE PERFECTION”…!

This is the kind of tweet that no one asked for, but I'm going to bring it up because there is something very interesting about Kashimo's observation, when evaluating Sukuna in his true form.

In the Manga Plus translation (the one on the right), you can see that the definition Kashimo arrived at was “Absolute Perfection”.

Which is relatively correct with the original, usually brought into English.

But the meaning of the original, 完全無欠 (Kanzen-muketsu), is further contrasted with the context delivered by the observation of Kashimo itself.

You see: “perfection” and “absolute” are intimate synonyms. Concepts that define something that has no room for improvement. It's the pinnacle. The state of something definitive.

完全無欠 (Kanzen-muketsu) is something that brings the meaning of something full. Complete. Perfect. And its second part, “無欠 (…muketsu)”, denotes the sense of impeccable. In other words, something that does not sin, that does not lack anything.

This is because Kashimo evaluated Sukuna's true body in relation to Jujutsu, that is:

- Four arms; perfect for conjuring his cursed technique, while two others were free for hand-to-hand combat;

— Two mouths; perfect for chanting your verbal conjuration, while you can breathe freely in a fierce fight;

— A larger body with more arms gives you an advantage in melee, and despite a huge body, none of this compromises your bodily functions.

In other words, this body, in the sense of Kanzen-muketsu is… “Impeccable Fullness”!

“ABSOLUTE PERFECTION”…!

This is the kind of tweet that no one asked for, but I'm going to bring it up because there is something very interesting about Kashimo's observation, when evaluating Sukuna in his true form.

In the Manga Plus translation (the one on the right), you can see that the definition Kashimo arrived at was “Absolute Perfection”.

But the meaning of the original, 完全無欠 (Kanzen-muketsu), is further contrasted with the context delivered by the observation of Kashimo itself.

You see: “perfection” and “absolute” are intimate synonyms. Concepts that define something that has no room for improvement. It's the pinnacle. The state of something definitive.

完全無欠 (Kanzen-muketsu) is something that brings the meaning of something full. Complete. Perfect. And its second part, “無欠 (…muketsu)”, denotes the sense of impeccable. In other words, something that does not sin, that does not lack anything.

This is because Kashimo evaluated Sukuna's true body in relation to Jujutsu, that is:

- Four arms; perfect for conjuring his cursed technique, while two others were free for hand-to-hand combat;

— Two mouths; perfect for chanting your verbal conjuration, while you can breathe freely in a fierce fight;

— A larger body with more arms gives you an advantage in melee, and despite a huge body, none of this compromises your bodily functions.

In other words, this body, in the sense of Kanzen-muketsu is… “Impeccable Fullness”!

JJK fans will either be writting essays for the different translations and naunces of a single word and finishing by dropping some ancient buddhist teaching or they are completely illiterate. There is no in-between

“ABSOLUTE PERFECTION”…!

I thought we all knew this tho
Not the super deep focus on the meaning of the words but allat benefits Sukuna gets

Gege differentiates his drawings. That Cubes of Slashes on Kashimo are definitely WCS. I don't see him drawing normal Dismantle like that.

Supported by Uraume as well (might as well be Gege too)
Uraume who is irrelevant because she doesn't know a guy has soul punching that nerfs Sukuna? Literally she's just going off of by her GPS senses like Hakari is doing without any awareness of his injuries and the like.
Yall should look into the reason as to why it says Sukuna was desperate to use WS.
Or why it says Sukuna was backed into a corner and had to use DE.
he's not holding back 🗿

Normal Dismantle
12-6uABggPgQNryk-m.jpg

Signs & Chants Amped Dismantle
18-h_nqPP0xj40X0-m.jpg

WS
7-gQVl5oHQOZhua-m.jpg
14-eLvmQarY3R2DF-m.jpg

Anyone can see the difference between them. I know people hate Kashimo but can we stop Downplaying WS because of that.
12-BQVbSJAIvc-ms-m.jpg

It is insane to me that one of the biggest manga on the planet currently doesn't have a decent translation. TCB is the closest we've got to an accurate translation of the whole series but even they arent perfect and they definitely aren't official.

Its even more of a shame because Werries translation have also ruined the physical copies of the series

Ngl might just be WS. Also there were no chants. Doubt he'd need signs too for this.
DA and SD can't null WS and If you zoom the image you can see Sukuna making hand signs while he fired Dismantle against Higuruma.
That might have been amped too.
That was when he was using HWB. So no extra signs and Chants to amp it. Also we see Yuji and Meguna using lines for normal dismantle like that

It is insane to me that one of the biggest manga on the planet currently doesn't have a decent translation. TCB is the closest we've got to an accurate translation of the whole series but even they arent perfect and they definitely aren't official.

Its even more of a shame because Werries translation have also ruined the physical copies of the series
TCB also messed up from recent 2 chapters. They are giving out of context stuff.

Ngl might just be WS. Also there were no chants. Doubt he'd need signs too for this.
That entire barrage hit Higu and Kusakabe. If it were a WCS, that would have undoubtedly killed them.

And I doubt the barrage of slashes against Kashimo was a WCS. He had used it literally right before, and we don't even see him setting it up. Moreover, every WCS was shown to be a single slash

TCB also messed up from recent 2 chapters. They are giving out of context stuff.
The goat Lightning could never

DA and SD can't null WS and If you zoom the image you can see Sukuna making hand signs while he fired Dismantle against Higuruma.
No, but it can weaken it. Which might allow them to get away from being turned half like gojo.
That was when he was using HWB. So no extra signs and Chants to amp it.
I'm saying more so that it is a far more serious dismantle usage. It is a heavy reference to the Anime one in Shibuya where Sukuna locks in with that dismantle.
1:06

Back