• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

You definitely shouldn't use popularity to define what is better

But yeah, I'm happy with that success for JJK. Out of every company, Minecraft was the last one that I expected anything

The issue about Call Of Duty getting roasted like this right now is that people won’t believe when they hear that BO2, MW2 and BO3 are one of the best games of the genre.

Okay but like nowadays, which is what I'm primarily referring to, it's kind of a laughingstock

And then the others, FIFA and NBA 2K are just... yeah

Popularity is not equivalent to quality, sorry to say 😭

I don't think anyone would say Call of Duty, or FIFA, or NBA 2K is the apex of video games for instance
Tbf online games are a completly different media. Those games are only alive thanks to the constant hype and online matches. So they are always going to be more popular, since they get a update basically everyday

A better example would be a comparasion of indie games with most of the current AAA out there

JJK won't last another five years for popularity. Something else will come, be written way better (not hard), have an author with more to offer than shock value in his head and make a manga worth the decade (Tite Kubo). Plus JJK really doesn't have much to compete with in new gen rn. Saka still doesn't have an anime, UU's anime just ended and had terrible advertisement, Kaiju 8 just now got an anime last month, Ranger Reject just released its anime, CSM anime isn't coming for another year iirc, and KNY.... is kny.

I mean, JJk is def not the most popular anime/manga outside the internet

I see way more people talking about One Piece irl than Jujutsu

Plus, my entire family know about Goku. Now Itadori? Gojo? Who are these?
JJK won't last another five years for popularity.
I agree but your explanation is not good
I honestly cant understand how can you have so many good takes with bad justification

JJK won't last another five years for popularity. Something else will come, be written way better (not hard), have an author with more to offer than shock value in his head and make a manga worth the decade (Tite Kubo). Plus JJK really doesn't have much to compete with in new gen rn. Saka still doesn't have an anime, UU's anime just ended and had terrible advertisement, Kaiju 8 just now got an anime last month, Ranger Reject just released its anime, CSM anime isn't coming for another year iirc, and KNY.... is kny.
Bet your bottom dollar that now that Arkenis has spoken, the exact opposite will happen. Thank you prophet.

I agree but your explanation is not good
I honestly cant understand how can you have so many good takes with bad justification
Something else will come though. Do you see people talking about Fire Force? Just three years ago FF was huge on the internet more than JJK. I actually can't remember JJK being discussed the same FF was.

Just need a manga that has cool moments and crazy stuff going on and you'll start hearing less about JJK.

FF being on JjK popularity level is sn insane take. JjK has record breaking sales for both anime and manga, anime awards, and has broken into the zeitgesit internationally. Malaysia literally made a nanami statue and several countries has mournings for Gojo. You make the craziest claims to try and downplay JjK lol.

This site seriously needs a neg post function.

A "neg post" function would be horrible...
artworks-llqNpnXfTZYTTvz6-C7Xu7w-t500x500.jpg

FF being on JjK popularity level is sn insane take. JjK has record breaking sales for both anime and manga, anime awards, and has broken into the zeitgesit internationally. Malaysia literally made a nanami statue and several countries has mournings for Gojo. You make the craziest claims to try and downplay JjK lol.
Read what I said again.
Do you see people talking about Fire Force? Just three years ago FF was huge on the internet more than JJK. I actually can't remember JJK being discussed the same FF was.
You just brought stuff when the series got much more popular, Three years ago JJK wasn't even in at the end of Shibuya. The series was not big then.

While I don't think JJK will get to enjoy the same prominence as any pre-big 3 manga, I do think it's done enough to establish itself as a work to both inspire others and just draw from for longer term relevance.

It's stuck around longer than something like Demon Slayer which ended right at its height before its anime could even get out a season 2, it really pulled people in with its anime adaptation with both seasons being popular and well-acclaimed, and while people might hate on the direction the series has taken that infamy actually adds onto the longevity because that makes it stick even more.

If you don't like JJK you should just be like me and own it instead of all this roundabout stuff lol
I don't even dislike JJK. Just think the series went down hill during culling games is all. I put it as B tier in my tierlist otherwise. Shibuya is top 5 war arcs I've read out of mangas. My favorite characters are Gojo and Kenjaku. I love the power system. The art is good when it can be.

What in God's name

I don't even dislike JJK. Just think the series went down hill during culling games is all. I put it as B tier in my tierlist otherwise. Shibuya is top 5 war arcs I've read out of mangas. My favorite characters are Gojo and Kenjaku. I love the power system. The art is good when it can be.
Idk man JJK is just not it for me. Don't care for much of the cast either. I feel like if I speak further, I will simply die

Back