• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kagura Bachi General Discussion Thread

I hear mixed opinions.

Some say Kagurabachi is not doing well in Japan but others say it is actually doing good.

Well, if Manga Plus by Shueisha is trustworthy in reporting trends, then Kagurabachi is currently comparable to Boruto and My Hero Academia in popularity, and is only behind Chainsaw Man, Jujitsu Kaisen and One Piece.

Most impressive for a new manga with only eleven chapters.

(I shall post the imgur link for the trending page 0:00 SGT 30 November 2023)

Last edited:
1. One Kamunabi Special Cloud Gouger Battle Squad member has his name shown as Ikudo Hagiwara (the braided guy with glasses and the team captain).

2. So if what Sojo said was right, the raising of Chihiro Rokuhira as the son of Kunishige Rokuhira is a secret known only to the top government agents and mafia bosses and terrorist leaders. Not even Sojo knows the secret of this until his first encounter with Chihiro.

3. Sorcerers working secretly with the government seems to be borrowing plots from Demon Slayer. We shall observe longer.

4. Did Chihiro Rokuhira transform into a flying goldfish then infiltrate into the new base of Sojo and reappear?

5. There seems to be some findings of the experiment with Char and the Datenseki. But I need to watch the official manga for more accurate information - seems like Sojo's partners killed some enemies of Sojo but Sojo's partners got casualties as well, and when the big proprietor claims for compensation he got killed as well.

4. Did Chihiro Rokuhira transform into a flying goldfish then infiltrate into the new base of Sojo and reappear?
I think it's too vague to give anything, it could be that Chihihiro was already there and the fish was something sensory like an aura that they felt, it could be a threat for them to cooperate, it could be to analyze the area, it could be what you said and it could be that he can teleport to his own attacks.

Well we know why the goldfish itself appears, its because of the high density spirit energy that's being built up in a persons body by the blade is flowing out and its just such a high density that its able to take the shape of a goldfish.

The goldfish themself are literally just masses of energy.

I'm pretty sure especially since we saw blood right there Chihiro came from he's just been fightning and killing goons the goldfish itself is there for the reasons above

Also Sojo's 8-B calc got accepted but like how are we scaling that actually? Like would we scale Mei above it since he tried to use the swords full output in mei to destroy the area or are we just saying he's just 8-B with ketsu even though it seems like Mei is being implied to be stronger

Also Sojo's 8-B calc got accepted but like how are we scaling that actually? Like would we scale Mei above it since he tried to use the swords full output in mei to destroy the area or are we just saying he's just 8-B with ketsu even though it seems like Mei is being implied to be stronger
At least X, Possibly 8-B is probably the best thing to do.

At least X, Possibly 8-B is probably the best thing to do.
Not at all he just does the 8-B feat he should have it outright its just whether or not we're actually gonna scale mei to it or leave it as ketsu only

It'd either be "high 8-C, 8-B with Ketsu" or "8-B, higher with Mei"

Not at all he just does the 8-B feat he should have it outright its just whether or not we're actually gonna scale mei to it or leave it as ketsu only

It'd either be "high 8-C, 8-B with Ketsu" or "8-B, higher with Mei"
I don't know, doesn't that mean he can use the entire output with any attack? Like, "8-B, higher using the sword's entire output"

I don't know, doesn't that mean he can use the entire output with any attack? Like, "8-B, higher using the sword's entire output"
Idk either but I suppose it would mean that, we have no evidence for it ig so for now I guess we'll go with High 8-C, 8-B with ketsu

Is Ketsu stated to be the strongest attack?

If no, then it would actually be safer to say "8-B, likely higher"

Is Ketsu stated to be the strongest attack?

If no, then it would actually be safer to say "8-B, likely higher"
Calculation wise yes, narratively Sojo really seems to want to use mei as his go to attack but I'll wait a couple weeks to see how these next few chapters play out these fights with Sojo

The official translation for ch 12

I feel mixed.

The manga honestly starts to pick up honest praises. The different fights start to get more and more interesting.

But the reactions at Japan seem... average. I do not blame it the competition in Japan is huge.

Oh new manga just shows up it takes more than memes to keep the popularity up.

Off topic: Shadow Eliminators now somehow raises memes to become the new Big Three along with Kagurabachi. (And is also memed to be axed too soon for being too generic and suspected to be plagiarising Bleach, Jujutsu Kaisen and Phantom Seer)
Yes (yes it is a bit off topic but) Shadow Eliminators Chapter One just dropped.

Last edited:

Is it real Kagurabachi (Shueisha) actually has its own Tankōbon to launch on 2 February 2024?

Finally, a new big one is rising.

The legendary rating page where Japan Shueisha comic writers' destinies lie on.
(Readers vote their top 3 favorite manga issue for each Shonen Jump issue at the back of the real comic book - and manga series with consistently low ratings are subject to being interrogated by the management and is at risk of having their series axed.)

... How many readers honestly think Kagurabachi is peak and properly let Shueisha know it?

Last edited:
Ch 13 is out

Oh there are two fights simultaneously.

One is the 5+1 Kamunabi squad vs Sojo
Sojo vs Ikuto is evil Storm with Joker brain vs good Magneto

The other is Chihiro vs thugs and some extra sorcerers guarding the lab (which should be at least as strong as Madoka).

The battleground lifting feat by that gansui lady should be worthy of making a calc.

Last edited:
Yeah that gansui thing easily should be anywhere from 8-B+ to low 7-C

We've got another MHS feat

Scans are kinda rough but Sojo, Chihiro, and one other are shown when talking about the endless potential and development of the youtous so we properly have confirmation of AD and it seems they will evolve next chapter

Last edited:

Not strong enough? (Or is the rank not working by how popular a series is?)
And is Weekly Shonen Jump oversaturated with "teenager exorcists"? Like Nue's Exorcist and Shadow Eliminators are two new "teenager exorcists" stories with a mix of Phantom Seer, Bleach, Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man.

Not enough attractive girls and boys to keep the manga relevant among the Japanese?

Last edited:
Chapter 13 is out and gives us confirmation of what we were speculating before, the fully charged output of Mei that Sojo used on Chihiro is confirmed to be its strongest attack so we should be able to upscale it from the ice with Yui

Also yeah apparently the ice is "yui" and not "ketsu" like whatever the other translation I read was ig

Chapter 13 is out and gives us confirmation of what we were speculating before, the fully charged output of Mei that Sojo used on Chihiro is confirmed to be its strongest attack so we should be able to upscale it from the ice with Yui

Also yeah apparently the ice is "yui" and not "ketsu" like whatever the other translation I read was ig
Yui is ice manipulation (p6-7, ch 9)

and ketsu is a yui variation (p4-5, Ch 10)

Short-build light color hair guy: "The ocean's two kilometers ahead"
So does it confirm the gansui lady (the female rock/ground manipulation user) did raise four to six large platforms from ground level up to the sky with clouds? (And is the 2 km estimation accurate? This will save a lot of assumptions for the calc group members - wait I am a busy slackey calc group member.)

Oh yes Ch 13 is out on Manga Plus.

RoberTooooooo
Japanese bro vote this series up! You can't axe this!!!!!!
I love how practical this pal is.

... Anyone starts saving up those pages (or buying manga)? The official Manga Plus will lock up some manga chapters at intervals.

Last edited:
So does it confirm the gansui lady (the female rock/ground manipulation user) did raise four to six large platforms from ground level up to the sky with clouds? (And is the 2 km estimation accurate? This will save a lot of assumptions for the calc group members - wait I am a busy slackey calc group member.)
I think we'll have to wait another chapter to confirm what they mean there but we can at least calc the pillar she raised from the ground, I'll do that one

We should not encourage trolling and blind hatred.
But are they correct all along?

Kagurabachi is ranked 19th.
Below My Hero Academia. Below Jujutsu Kaisen. Below Undead Unluck.
Oh my - below Nue's Exorcist and Shadow Eliminators.

We should not encourage trolling and blind hatred.
But are they correct all along?

Kagurabachi is ranked 19th.
Below My Hero Academia. Below Jujutsu Kaisen. Below Undead Unluck.
Oh my - below Nue's Exorcist and Shadow Eliminators.
Maybe I should retract my doubt.

Also

Chapter 14 is coming... And Kagurabachi got a color page!

Speaking of which... Do we have a Furious Five for modern Weekly Shonen Jump now?

Oh we officially have a Chinese/Japanese kanji name for Kagurabachi now - it is written as 神樂鉢/神楽鉢

Has anyone gotten started on Sojo's profile btw?

I've got my chihiro blog updated but it'd be nice if we Sojo's to go with it
Will work a bit on it after I finished some of my real day jobs and main tasks. (If anyone starts drafting it before 21:00 SGT please let me know - time now is 14:08 SGT rn)

Oh is it the author Takeru Hokazono himself responding to the overseas fans?

Will work a bit on it after I finished some of my real day jobs and main tasks. (If anyone starts drafting it before 21:00 SGT please let me know - time now is 14:08 SGT rn)
How's this going btw?

Also I got the LS of the verse to Class 5 now

I just want to say that Kagurabachi is genuinely pretty cool so far.
Nice we have more genuine Kagurabachi enjoyers, more real Bachibros.

I already had that one calculated😭😭
I got 8-B+ but I used a different method, simpler and with stone density since concrete ain't gonna be over 70m deep

Yours looks more accurate tho
I will squeeze time to work on the floating platform feat. That may have some interesting findings.

By now we would likely have solid city block level early stage high tier Kagurabachi characters.

Nice we have more genuine Kagurabachi enjoyers, more real Bachibros.

I will squeeze time to work on the floating platform feat. That may have some interesting findings.

By now we would likely have solid city block level early stage high tier Kagurabachi characters.
Not likely we flst out have 8-B for right now as Sojo has his own 8-,B feat accepted and we also have confirmation that a full release mei is his most powerful attack so it scales to Chihiro making him 8-B

Also should wait on more details about the platform thing, I specifically haven't calculated it because we don't have enough info and it seemed like we'll see more of it happening when we get back to that fight

Yo the spoilers are out and omg all I can say is peak bachi

Last edited:
Yo the spoilers are out and omg all I can say is peak bachi
1. Chihiro managed to save Char from a group of guards while weakened. But things get weird: Chihiro still soloed them with some strategy but even Chihiro himself estimated that.he could not encounter with them without some thoughts or "has to wait".
Yeah Char is saved for now.
2. Shiba is on his way of searching for "information" on the enchanted blade or lucky enough the another enchanted blade itself.
3. At Ch013 Sojo is still facing the Anti-Kuregumo Elite Squad.

Last edited:
Yo the spoilers are out and omg all I can day is peak bachi
1. Chihiro managed to save Char from a group of guards while weakened. But things get weird: Chihiro still soloed them with some strategy but even Chihiro himself estimated that.he could not encounter with them without some thoughts or "has to wait".
Yeah Char is saved for now.
2. Shiba is on his way of searching for "information" on the enchanted blade or lucky enough the another enchanted blade itself.
3. At Ch013 Sojo is still facing the Anti-Kuregumo Elite Squad.
[/spoiier]
Eh no need to tag chapter 15 the spoilers I meant were for 16 but anywho
1. The technique he came up with basically deleted the strain of doing one big full power attack and basically made it into many smaller ones at once as to not strain him as much.

He also literally just instinctively evolved past the point he was at earlier so it wasn't something he could do a second ago until well...until he literally just did it. Bro judt legit has a mid battle evolution.

3. We see what happens with sojo in chapter 16, it was worth waiting

Looks like Genichi Sojo can now control his Kuregumo by mind (or with some humidity) that he can use Mei to paralyze the squad and took back the sword.

Ch 017 would definitely be peak combat - with Chihiro Rokuhira and Genichi Sojo both carrying wounds but "just evolved".

Looks like Genichi Sojo can now control his Kuregumo by mind (or with some humidity) that he can use Mei to paralyze the squad and took back the sword.

Ch 017 would definitely be peak combat - with Chihiro Rokuhira and Genichi Sojo both carrying wounds but "just evolved".
Nah brother lol he just blitzed them all 💀💀they legit just couldn't react unless you mean the usual paralysis combo from mei and the water

Nah brother lol he just blitzed them all 💀💀they legit just couldn't react unless you mean the usual paralysis combo from mei and the water
But even if Genichi is using lightning + fog combo to paralyze the squad, he does so while a squad member is taking hold of the Kuregumo and Genichi is falling down from the platform floating "2000m from the ocean".

He must have had some connections with the sword - or he just knows the lightning sorcery by himself.

But even if Genichi is using lightning + fog combo to paralyze the squad, he does so while a squad member is taking hold of the Kuregumo and Genichi is falling down from the platform floating "2000m from the ocean".

He must have had some connections with the sword - or he just knows the lightning sorcery by himself.
No he literally doesn't use a combo at all in chapter 16

Remember the last couple of chapters have literally been about establishing the evolution of these swords and their users development, Sojo literally explains what he does.

He simply just blitzed them. Dude doesn't paralyze them.

ah, I've asked in the previous thread but maybe I was wrong, I want to ask if anyone here knows about the sorcerer's explanation?

Back