• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kagura Bachi General Discussion Thread

It's out now. PEEEP
Char Kyonagi regrew one entire limb. She is deemed to have low-mid regeneration.

God knows of she can take on zombie idols now.

Sojo mentions that he cannot fully master Cloud Gouger at the moment. Likely another key is to be prepared for him.

Also, Sojo evacuated likely because he was outnumbered - himself vs Chihiro plus a 5-person Kamunabi squad plus Azami and Shiba. He just believed his Cloud Gouger almost depleted mana and would not want to fight for longer when he was at a disadvantage.

But him not wanting to fight against Azami and Shiba does mean he consider Azami and Shiba to be his equal.
And Sojo unable to actually defeat Chihiro also means he is not so much stronger than Chihiro is.

As a reminder:

This thread focuses on talking about materials relevant for building, modifying and maintaining the profiles for VBW.

I think we talk about the actual story and anything else here

As a reminder:

This thread focuses on talking about materials relevant for building, modifying and maintaining the profiles for VBW.

I think we talk about the actual story and anything else here
Seems kinda counter productive to have 2 threads regarding this when either way we csn just spoiler tag the post either way and especially since they're both general discussion, I'd say we should just have the other one closed

Seems kinda counter productive to have 2 threads regarding this when either way we csn just spoiler tag the post either way and especially since they're both general discussion, I'd say we should just have the other one closed
I say the same. We can powerscale and talk about the story on the same thread.

I like the reinforced idea that the Enchanted Blades are the top dogs in terms of sorcery in the verse. Really sets a good precedent for how strong Chihiro's Dad was but also just how strong people could become as the story progresses.

Regardless, we're at 10 chapters, anyone got a sandbox?

I like the reinforced idea that the Enchanted Blades are the top dogs in terms of sorcery in the verse. Really sets a good precedent for how strong Chihiro's Dad was but also just how strong people could become as the story progresses.

Regardless, we're at 10 chapters, anyone got a sandbox?
I can put some stuff together a bit later

I can put some stuff together a bit later
I can make a sandbox later But I would like to evaluate the feat calc below first.
(This may actually affect how the profiles are drafted and we may have a High 8-C+ instead of just High 8-C main cast)

Not sure it was calced before or not but I tried calcing the ice creation feat here.

Im working from mobile but I got started with Chihiro's profile if ya want to tackle Sojo
I think the justification for energy projection should mention that it is a characteristic of the enchanted swords so the same justification can be used on future bearers and energy condensation should also be stats amplification.

Will add those however
Accelerated Development (scans)
You'll imo need more than this to qualify for AD especially since it was over 3 years of training

Also lightning manip is just a product of Red's absorption so eh I don't think it should be added outright

You'll imo need more than this to qualify for AD especially since it was over 3 years of training
It's been explicitly stated that 3 years isn't enough to wield the Enchanted Blade as well as Chihiro so I think it should qualify as AD.
Also lightning manip is just a product of Red's absorption so eh I don't think it should be added outright
Lightning Manip via Red maybe? Listing it under Attack Absorption would probably work as well tho.

It's been explicitly stated that 3 years isn't enough to wield the Enchanted Blade as well as Chihiro so I think it should qualify as AD.
They say its not enough to "Master" it not that its not enough to wield it otherwise all they say is that he's trained really well and honed his mind and body good.

But yeah literally they're saying he's trained well for 3 years although he hasn't mastered the enchanted blade yet which is something we know, chihiro hasn't unlocked the full potential of his blade yet

Lightning Manip via Red maybe? Listing it under Attack Absorption would probably work as well tho
I'm gonna list it under absorption unless we're gonna do things weird and also give him explosion manipulation for absorbing and reflecting daruma's attack

They say its not enough to "Master" it not that its not enough to wield it otherwise all they say is that he's trained really well and honed his mind and body good.
Yeah i think i kinda misinterpreted that but Shiba still states that it's impressive how far Chihiro has come so I think that should be something.
But yeah literally they're saying he's trained well for 3 years although he hasn't mastered the enchanted blade yet which is something we know, chihiro hasn't unlocked the full potential of his blade yet
I just realized I said the same thing you said lol
I'm gonna list it under absorption unless we're gonna do things weird and also give him explosion manipulation for absorbing and reflecting daruma's attack
That might help us specifying his Absorption ability tbh but considering how he can only absorb both lightning and explosions which shouldn't really fall under "manipulation" (absorbing it would but we already have that) so just listing it under Attack Absorption is fine ig

Yeah i think i kinda misinterpreted that but Shiba still states that it's impressive how far Chihiro has come so I think that should be something.
Should be noted in his intelligence rating and he could maybe given skilled swordsmenship on his P&A under weapon mastery

So btw if we're treating Sojo's lightning as real lightning (which its kinda implied to be) then Chapter 10 gives us Mach 652 (MHS) Kagurabachi as a high end for the calc I got and for a low end a Subsonic+ support feat

We definitely should give him skilled swordsmenship. It's not like he randomly swings his sword around lol.
Chihiro is level-headed sure.
Analytical during and outside combat.
He is definitely gifted in intelligence.
Genius? We will need to observe for a while.
He is far from extraordinary genius just from the current performance tho.

So btw if we're treating Sojo's lightning as real lightning (which its kinda implied to be) then Chapter 10 gives us Mach 652 (MHS) Kagurabachi as a high end for the calc I got and for a low end a Subsonic+ support feat
Given we have the distance from Sojo to Chihiro, we can definitely get a very accurate scaling.

... Wait. Did Chihiro conduct and absorb the electric strike through the ground? Do we have relativistic Chihiro by reacting to conducting electricity through solid materials?
Or did Chihiro just absorbs the electricity in the air (therefore reacting to lightning) then conducts it into the ground, vaporising the ground and forming the crater? Then it is still MHS Sojo and Chihiro with MHS+ Cloud Gouger attack speed.

We already have that feat blog so update there and ask me to have a look once done thanks.

About lightning manipulation...

Unless it can shoot lightning directly without previously absorbing, we cannot call it lightning manipulation.

Do we call this attack reflection? That is Red can absorb an incoming energy attack and redirect it to somewhere else. (Chihiro used it on Madoka and on Sojo so attack abaorption and reflection seems legit.)

About lightning manipulation...

Unless it can shoot lightning directly without previously absorbing, we cannot call it lightning manipulation.

Do we call this attack reflection? That is Red can absorb an incoming energy attack and redirect it to somewhere else. (Chihiro used it on Madoka and on Sojo so attack abaorption and reflection seems legit.)
I think it's lightning manipulation. The nature of the cloud sword seems to be of the "sky" I guess by which I mean elements such as Ice, Lightning, and other stuff. And given the nature of the enchanted swords I believe it to be real lightning.

Cloud gouger for sure has lightning manipulation I don't even think that's up for question its only chihiro who shouldn't have it as a regular ability

Cloud Gouger has lightning and ice manipulation sure.

I refer to that Enten has energy spirit summons (with Black form), attack absorption and redirection (with Red form) and statistics amplification (with Nishiki form). And lightning absorption of Enten is just as good as any pointed objects - the story explained itself in Ch 10.

Chihiro is level-headed sure.
Analytical during and outside combat.
He is definitely gifted in intelligence.
Genius? We will need to observe for a while.
He is far from extraordinary genius just from the current performance tho.
this seems like gifted to me

Bit confused here? Are you disagreeing with his clouds being calculated as clouds?
The size of the cloud pal.

Sojo created a cloud to act as a fog to block vision of opponents and escaped.

The size of the cloud now needs to be calculated.

The size of the cloud pal.

Sojo created a cloud to act as a fog to block vision of opponents and escaped.

The size of the cloud now needs to be calculated.
Oh yeah that's what I was sahing with my first comment I already got it ready to go I just gotta do the math now

Something we may just miss until now
Chihiro >> Thug >= Hinao >= Char Kyonagi

A thug is easily manhandled by Chihiro, but one thug can also wound Hinao and capture Char with ease.
Meanwhile Char can survive a "smaller" Daruma Bomb explosion.

Will take a look

But a city block level not far above High 8-C means Chihiro Rokuhira vs Michael Morbius or Frieren is VBW legit now...

Last edited:
1. Am I reading right?
A small stone of "datenseki" weighs 250 kg and Sojo can wield it (while installed into Cloud Gouger as "it is a special mineral which is activated during a fight") while Chihiro pushed around Sojo during their fight?
That is 250 kg lifting strength by default.
(Does Enten sword have this as well? Keep in mind a random telepath can pick it up with ease.)
1.1. Datenseki "generates immense power" but it would kill normal people as its dense energy floes through a human body - Kunishige stabilised such power.
1.2. ... Oh this is heavier than Guts' Dragon Slayer and Pyramid Head's giant saber. Still lighter than a Cosmoem.

2. Sojo wants to replicate it and combine it with the regeneration power of the Kyonagi clan to develop something new.

3. Also, Azami wants Chihiro to cooperate with an elite team of Kamunabi - looks like Chihiro has agreed to cooperate with the team.
The elite 5-person squad seemingly consists of a face mask guy, a half mask guy, a Denji-looking guy, a braided guy and a ponytail lady.

4. Back to talking the ch 9 and ch 10 fight of Chihiro vs Sojo... Chihiro looks having his hand severely injured that he needed a five-day hospitalisation to go back to "normal" and wake up and his hand could not wield Enten sword to the "current" potential for another month. While Sojo can just continue his "studies" on Char.

So whatever the tier Sojo is, Chihiro is only "likely" on par with Sojo.

Last edited:
1. Am I reading right?
A small stone of "datenseki" weighs 250 kg and Sojo can wield it (while installed into Cloud Gouger as "it is a special mineral which is activated during a fight") while Chihiro pushed around Sojo during their fight?
That is 250 kg lifting strength by default.
(Does Enten sword have this as well? Keep in mind a random telepath can pick it up with ease.)
1.1. Datenseki "generates immense power" but it would kill normal people as its dense energy floes through a human body - Kunishige stabilised such power.
1.2. ... Oh this is heavier than Guts' Dragon Slayer and Pyramid Head's giant saber. Still lighter than a Cosmoem.
1. nah its saying only 250kg of the material has ever been found in existence

2. Sojo wants to replicate it and combine it with the regeneration power of the Kyonagi clan to develop something new.
2. Yes or rather the kyonagi clan dna is necessary only to the stabilization process of the rock itself, the blade sojo plans to make is gonna something new as ya said

4. Back to talking the ch 9 and ch 10 fight of Chihiro vs Sojo... Chihiro looks having his hand severely injured that he needed a five-day hospitalisation to go back to "normal" and wake up and his hand could not wield Enten sword to the "current" potential for another month. While Sojo can just continue his "studies" on Char.

So whatever the tier Sojo is, Chihiro is only "likely" on par with Sojo.
Really its just moreso Chihiro just took waaaaaay more damage due to taking the full lightning release of mei cause remember Sojo was trying to level that entire area so the destruction we would've seen was going to be massive and chihiro took the full brunt of it and still had the endurance to fight after so quite the opposite he should definitely directly scale or downscale there

2. Yes or rather the kyonagi clan dna is necessary only to the stabilization process of the rock itself, the blade sojo plans to make is gonna something new as ya said

Really its just moreso Chihiro just took waaaaaay more damage due to taking the full lightning release of mei cause remember Sojo was trying to level that entire area so the destruction we would've seen was going to be massive and chihiro took the full brunt of it and still had the endurance to fight after so quite the opposite he should definitely directly scale or downscale there
Sorry for the confusion.
Yeah Chihiro downscales from Ch 10 Sojo.
But what words do we pick when we say Chihiro downscales from Sojo and/or Sojo upscales from Chihiro?

Sorry for the confusion.
Yeah Chihiro downscales from Ch 10 Sojo.
But what words do we pick when we say Chihiro downscales from Sojo and/or Sojo upscales from Chihiro?
I think Sojo upscales from Chihiro personally. It makes more sense given we know that Sojo is a lot stronger than him rather than Chihiro being weaker than him if you know what I mean.|

Also Chihiro is like the protagonist and the big center of who we're scaling off of rn.

I read the Shueisha Manga Plus translation version.
You are right. 250 kg refers to the amount of such rock found in existence.
We shall observe

Haha yeah

Oh speaking of the Kamunabi Counter Cloud Gouger Special Force, we have so little information about them.

Some notable information in battleboarding aspects:
1. One full-face mask guy has giant claws and can wall crawl.
2. The braided guy is the head and seemingly team leader of the 5-people task force.
3. The ponytail lady has rock/ground/earth manipulation. In fact she raised some concrete to block another lightning strike by Sojo on attacking Chihiro (ch 10).
Since she could react to and intercept the attacks by Sojo, she should downscale or even scale from Sojo. And the other 4 task force members scale from her since all 5 members are the top dogs picked by the management and work directly under Azami. They stall Sojo long enough for Chihiro to chase the (bait) car and Sojo (being outnumbered and knowing his other objective has been achieved) has but to retreat.
Also she is tall yet busty by Asian standard if we give a close look. (ch 11)

The ponytail lady has rock/ground/earth manipulation. In fact she raised some concrete to block another lightning strike by Sojo on attacking Chihiro (ch 10).
This was the MHS feat I mentioned, I calculstrd it off-site already I just gotta blog it

This was the MHS feat I mentioned, I calculstrd it off-site already I just gotta blog it
If you have the chance would you also like to calculate the mass of the rock she lifted and the energy required to violently fragment it (which Sojo did)?
This may be a benchmark for the elite Kamunabi members. (Or just say they downscale from Sojo)
...Wait this could be lifting strength of the elite Kamunabi members and Sojo and Chihiro and anyone else comparable upscale from such in lifting strength.

Last edited:
At work currently and I'll have to see if someone can px scale it for me

Back