• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Going by his page this Kaneki has 8-C dura. Since using his 8-C means he's starting with his Kagune out, and his profile implies that he's 8-C/has 8-C dura with his Kagune out (not just with his Kagune) since he can withstand the force of his own attacks and can physically harm 8-Cs with his bare hands.

Regarding skill, Kaneki also seems to have analytical prediction and technique mimicry through skill.

Yeah, even what I said only invalidates the Tanjiro votes/stomp declarations (since they're all predicated on Kaneki having 9-B durability). Nothing I said is really a reason why Kaneki would win.

It's not 9-B Kaneki, it's 8-C. In 1v1 close match Kaneki should be able to take him out, has more options of either eating part of his body or just one shots.

One shots with?

Tanjirou just needs Hinokami Kagura to cut his head off. Kaneki has 9-B dura naturally without his Kagune

Tanjiro ain't going to outskill him here at all. Knowing Kaneki spent a good amount of time reading about multiple Martial arts based books, increasing his combat wise skills. He shouldn't have much trouble dealing with him. Kaneki's profile stats he has high mid Regen, though this isn't 9-B Kaneki.

What do you mean without Kagune? Does he have his Kagune in this fight or not? Because it says in the post both are at 8-C.

As I explained above, his durability "with his Kagune" refers to just having it out, since some of the 8-C feats described are fine with his bare hands with the Kagune out. That's also why it's listed as stat amping under his powers and abilities. He doesn't have 9-B durability.

Tanjirou is going to outskill him there. He has Pillar level skill, he outclassed Akaza who trained martial arts for hundreds of years, has See-Through-World that grants him even better precog than his natural smell based one and he has done even things most Pillars didn't. He did even better against Akaza than Giyu.

If Kaneki has High-Mid regen it gets negged by Hinokami Kagura

Kaneki has copied many different fighting styles and is often seen utilizing different shapes of kagune of what he learned from. Just like I said, Kaneki had read a bunch of different martial art books, He doesn't have one specific fighting style, but many depending on the situation. It's "Mixed Martial Arts". If anything he's more advanced in h2h. His Kagune also act as poisons that inhibit Regenerationn. And shouldn't that only be limited to demons only? Anyway. That doesn't mean much.

If it isn't only limited to demons. I see Tanjiro having a good chance to win this. Though my points still stand.

I just re-read the chapter. Yeah he didn't outskill him but simply beat him via see through world because he couldn't react to him. And now since STW is restricted, Kaneki should have no trouble and Tanjiro won't be able to counter his precognition.

Won't get added, just so you know

Still Tanjirou has Demon Slayer Mark and Breaths to blitz, and he still has precog with his smell.

Tanjiro with Demon Slayer Mark is 8-B which it's not the version that is used here. You can't blitz with Breath arts. You need to move in order to make a successful attack which Kaneki wouldn't just stand still. Especially when Tanjiro too often choose to go h2h fight. And since Kaneki aware of Tanjiro, he would make a plan and follow it. Such as spamming with his Kagune.

Speed being not equalized makes the fight less interesting imo. Even though KnY's lighting feat is iffy.

Back