• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of Hell vs The Blue Lightning of Vollachia (Roronoa Zoro vs Cecilus Segmund)

Battle between two of the strongest swordsmen in their respective series. Both have ambition to achieve the title of strongest swordsman.

Cecilus Segmunt vs Roronoa Zoro

Speed is equal.
Battle has no prep
Cecilus has both the Dream and Fiend swords.
Zoro has Enma of course.
Battle takes place in an island.
Both are 5-C and Zoro's key is his latest key
SBA otherwise.

Cecilus scales to about ~45.025 Exatons

Zoro scales to about ~33.6 Exatons

Who wins the battle of the swords???

(2) Pirates King Right Hand: CurrySenpai, Monkey, OriginFox

(2) Divine General First-Class: Hiiilt, VortechsTG, Robo432343, Nierre, Arken, SeijiSetto, SatellaTheWoE, Zabazab, The_man_with_the_Midas_touch, BestMGQScalerEver, MasterOwOgay
Incon:

Last edited:
I did this match with Zoro from Pre time skip, while Cecilus was 7-B, and he win in that one, i think with a Zoro even more buffed he would also win this.

Idk if Zoro has changed a lot, but Cecilus has changed MASSIVELY recently so another match with different keys is fine.
Well, the original reasoning for Zoro winning is that he would speedblitz with a speed amp. But also, they start 4km away, so that may be more difficulty, when Cecilus just start spiting clouds for a distance to harm Zoro with better AP.

Well, the original reasoning for Zoro winning is that he would speedblitz with a speed amp. But also, they start 4km away, so that may be more difficulty, when Cecilus just start spiting clouds for a distance to harm Zoro with better AP.
We have Julius managing to block Cecilus's perception blitz via instinctive reaction so I really doubt that the previous arguement even works anymore

so, who's more skilled between the two combatants?
Cecilus i think
He would instantly know Zoro's weaknesses due to his info analysis upscaling from Theresia Van Astrea and Prime Wilhelm. In straight sword fighting Cecilus would be superior due to the fact that his dodging skills are based enough to dodge rain. Since the starting distance is also 4 km he can just start slashing from that distance though Zoro probably will be able to dodge that quite easily with haki

Since the starting distance is also 4 km he can just start slashing from that distance though Zoro probably will be able to dodge that quite easily with haki
1. Can he sense and see Zoro from that far? 2. Didn’t you say he barely ever does that?

3. Zoro can spam ranged attacks from that distance as well (which can be infused with haki and Goken) and can also see and sense him (which if Cecilus can’t, will be at a quite big disadvantage)

1. Can he sense and see Zoro from that far?
Easily
2. Didn’t you say he barely ever does that?
I have never said that no. In fact, Baleroy is a sniper and he was worried that Cecilus would range slash him from kilometres away
3. Zoro can spam ranged attacks from that distance as well (which can be infused with haki and Goken) and can also see and sense him (which if Cecilus can’t, will be at a quite big disadvantage)
Cecilus wont be getting hit with any ranged attacks btw, à nerfed kid version of him dodged multiple sniper shots without sensing them at all and just based on guesswork alone

Proof?

Cecilus wont be getting hit with any ranged attacks btw, à nerfed kid version of him dodged multiple sniper shots without sensing them at all and just based on guesswork alone
I mean if it’s a big aoe ranged attack I think it will, especially when it can be spammed with multiple swords

Dodging bullets also isn’t comparable to ranged slashes even if he was 10 years old doing it
I have never said that no.
Oh wasn’t you 🙈
In fact, Baleroy is a sniper and he was worried that Cecilus would range slash him from kilometres away
Scan?

Last edited:
based enough to dodge rain.
That's nothing in comparison to Kuma's air pad spam and King's AoE.

In terms of mobility I'd also say Zoro is the better dodger given he has all forms of acrobatics to an insane degree. He'd also have more feats in that field via having feats you can visualize.

Look at his page.
I mean if it’s a big aoe ranged attack I think it will, especially when it can be spammed with multiple swords
He can also just reflect the attack, counter with his own attack, or cut the point of his attack and nullify it or yk since its coming at him from a range. dodge it.

Dodging bullets also isn’t comparable to ranged slashes even if he was 10 years old doing it
Those aren't regular bullets. They are bullets of light. And he has to dodge 5 of them at once
he can also slow down his perception to the point that even light moves at a snails pace
Link doesn't work?
`While being targeted by this terrifyingly precise and agile sniper, Cecilus, while carrying Al, moved his body right, left, up, and down, all the while continuously evading the assault.

However, he did not seem to be looking at his surroundings at all. Then, Al realized. ――It was guesswork. Cecilus was dodging this top-class sniping by sheer guesswork alone.

Cecilus: [It’s not quite to that extent. But don’t you just feel a certain thrill during moments the opponent deems critical? That’s it.]

Al: [You can ignore my suspicions! More importantly, focus on what you’re doing!]

Cecilus: [Very well. But our opponent is of remarkable ability. ――I’ve encountered them a few times before, but they’ve never allowed me to close in on them.]

The ground erupted with an explosive sound that seemed impossible to be caused by a kick from his zori, and as he gained propulsive force, Cecilus began to accelerate. Feeling the proximity of the unseen sharpshooter pursuing them with sniper fire, Al received a two-fold shock from Cecilus’s statement.

Dodging rain is way better since its physically impossible to do so
That's incorrect first of all. He's massively Hypersonic+, given how fast he's capable of moving dodging raindrops is very easily achievable.

It's very much possible if your fast enough unless you wanna argue said drops of rain are like FTL lol.

That's incorrect first of all. He's massively Hypersonic+, given how fast he's capable of moving dodging raindrops is very easily achievable.

It's very much possible if your fast enough unless you wanna argue said drops of rain are like FTL lol.
????
Dodging rain has nothing to do with speed
He could also do this as a child, yk when he wasn't MH+🗿

????
Dodging rain has nothing to do with speed
Rain falls with the speed of 14MPH. And again that's incorrect, rain has a set speed. Said set speed is vastly lower than his movement speed, any character that's fast enough is capable of dodging rain. You can't say it has nothing to do with speed whenever he's much faster than the travel speed of rain.

Dodging rain like that wouldn't require any impressive speed.

`While being targeted by this terrifyingly precise and agile sniper, Cecilus, while carrying Al, moved his body right, left, up, and down, all the while continuously evading the assault.

However, he did not seem to be looking at his surroundings at all. Then, Al realized. ――It was guesswork. Cecilus was dodging this top-class sniping by sheer guesswork alone.

Cecilus: [It’s not quite to that extent. But don’t you just feel a certain thrill during moments the opponent deems critical? That’s it.]

Al: [You can ignore my suspicions! More importantly, focus on what you’re doing!]

Cecilus: [Very well. But our opponent is of remarkable ability. ――I’ve encountered them a few times before, but they’ve never allowed me to close in on them.]

The ground erupted with an explosive sound that seemed impossible to be caused by a kick from his zori, and as he gained propulsive force, Cecilus began to accelerate. Feeling the proximity of the unseen sharpshooter pursuing them with sniper fire, Al received a two-fold shock from Cecilus’s statement.
So the scan completely debunks what you said and says nothing about kilometers away

Literally says he couldn't get close to them in the past and now had to get in proximity of the sniper which he did by accelerating himself to him... Or he was running away from the sniper because he's too close?
Those aren't regular bullets. They are bullets of light.
They still travel like regular bullets, no?
He can also just reflect the attack, counter with his own attack, or cut the point of his attack and nullify it or yk since its coming at him from a range. dodge it.
He can't reflect multiple ranged slashes coming at him at the same time, also any proof he can reflect ranged slashes?

Countering or nullifying it with his own attack will also be useless as zoro can send multiple ranged slashes at the same time with them also moving uncontrollably

Last edited:
So the scan completely debunks what you said and says nothing about kilometers away
Balleroy was above the clouds, and was invisible.

Also he did fear that, with his position exposed, Cecilus could attack him.
The reason for which Balleroy Temeglyph had fled from the “cloud-cutting” technique was because he feared an unexpected counterattack from Cecilus Segmunt; thus, he had wished to avoid pursuing them too far.

They still travel like regular bullets, no?
The Magic bullets are far faster than lead bullets, are invisible, and leave no trace other than destroying their target.

Balleroy's bullets are not simply dangerous because they are invisible bullets. They are dangerous because they are fast as balls and Balleroy has such great mobility in the air that you have to defend against them coming from all directions around you.

But let's please not act like they're the most impressive thing Cecilus has dodged 💀

Balleroy was above the clouds, and was invisible.

Also he did fear that, with his position exposed, Cecilus could attack him.
So how were they talking to each other and do you have proof he was above the clouds?

Balleroy's bullets are not simply dangerous because they are invisible bullets. They are dangerous because they are fast as balls and Balleroy has such great mobility in the air that you have to defend against them coming from all directions around you.

But let's please not act like they're the most impressive thing Cecilus has dodged 💀
He might be good at dodging but he'll never be as good at dodging as Toji. Blud literally dodges child support payments on a reg.

soo Zoro has the better ranged attacks which can one shot, has precog and better senses making him be a step ahead in every interaction/moment and if close range (Zoro can travel kilometers in an instant; Pseudo-Flight (With Clear Lance he smacks the air hard enough to propel himself)) zoro can blitz or use huge aoe tornado which one shots

I don't see this key of Cecilus changing much of the outcome

Last edited:
has precog and better senses making him be a step ahead in every interaction/moment and if close range
Cecilus can dodge a rain of invisible sniper-fire from countless angles by sheer guesswork. He is unfathomably superior to Elsa who through sheer intuition can accurately target vitals with projectiles and dodge an explosion as large as the room she was in with her senses cut off by Magic. He is unfathomably superior to Emilia who dodged a rain of arrows faster than her eyes could track by reading the shooters' intent. He is far superior to Old Wilhelm who, invisible or not, can anticipate his opponents attacks by watching the movement of their eyes, feeling their hostility, reading how they breathe as they aim. He is at least comparable to Theresia who can predict her opponent's future attacks from the stance they take, from where their eyes are trained, and from the very air that hangs above them, and feel, see, and read paths of hostility raining down upon her.

And? Zoro's observation haki beats all of those senses feats and more (Zoro on his own without obs haki already has most of those senses that you listed even)

danger sense, presence sense, emotion/intent sensing and precog... How are any of those feats even comparable? Zoro knows what you're going to do next with just reading your presence... Its not analytical prediction

Observation haki can be spammed and also is subconsciously on, which tells you when and where they'll attack next

Cecilus has no counter to that so zoro will always be a step ahead

Last edited:
And? Zoro's observation haki beats all of those senses feats and more (Zoro on his own without obs haki already has most of those senses that you listed even)
danger sense, presence sense, emotion/intent sensing and precog... How are any of those feats even comparable? Zoro knows what you're going to do next with just reading your presence... Its not analytical prediction
Observation haki can be spammed and also is subconsciously on, which tells you when and where they'll attack next
Cecilus has no counter to that so zoro will always be a step ahead

I'm not talking about enhanced senses, I'm talking about Cecilus being able to predict things that he has no way of knowing with sheer intuition. He could accurately aim and dodge without any of his senses at all.

Additionally Cecilus resists ESP.

I'm not talking about enhanced senses, I'm talking about Cecilus being able to predict things that he has no way of knowing with sheer intuition.
So predict via Just using his instinct... His enhanced senses
He could accurately aim and dodge without any of his senses at all.
So he then he just used Extrasensory Perception? Any full context...?

Always saying things that don't make sense and acting like just because it doesn't make sense it's a good skill feat...
Additionally Cecilus resists ESP.
Just the spirit sensing one (even tho the statement doesn't actually say that but says his spirit as a warrior weren't perceptible before which is basically him hiding his skills which is just a form of stealth mastery)

Last edited:
Shamak cuts off ESP too, targets are explicitly stated to be unable to detect anything around them, it's just countered through sheer guesswork.
So the only thing it can be is by using his instinct but your saying all of his senses are gone which would mean he can't guess anything at all...

Guesswork comes from guessing by using at least some of your senses otherwise there's nothing to guess

Back