• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also has better haxes like heat vision, flight and ice breath
"Better hax"
Mentions ice breath and heat vision
Cecilus can cut the conceptual "point" of something with his weaker sword

Making Cecilus matchups when his profile is so vastly out of date is not a good idea in the first place. Especially not when we don't even know what the dream sword can do yet. Considering the name and its feats it's probably something absurb.

Making Cecilus matchups when his profile is so vastly out of date is not a good idea in the first place. Especially not when we don't even know what the dream sword can do yet. Considering the name and its feats it's probably something absurb.
That hasn't been added to the profile yet and probably will not be for a good while. If you want, you are free to make CRTs and update the profiles though

i see, from what i've seen from their profiles it seems cecilus is more skilled, can slow down his perception of time, can predict superman attacks, can create after images and can diminish damage while superman has higher ap, better range and way more abilities

i'm voting cecilus fra

Last edited:
i see, from what i've seen from their profiles it seems cecilus is more skilled, can slow down his perception of time, can predict superman attacks, can create after images and can diminish damage while superman has higher ap, better range and way more abilities

i'm voting cecilus fra
Counted

i'm voting cecilus fra
How likely would Cecilus be caught out by one of Supes abilities like ice breath? I just wanna know before voting.

How likely would Cecilus be caught out by one of Supes abilities like ice breath? I just wanna know before voting.
Cecilus can dodge every single raindrop in a storm and with his analytical prediction he can predict his opponent attacks by watching the movement of their eyes, feeling their hostility, reading how they breath(according to his profile)

i wouldn't say it's impossible for superman attacks to hit cecilus but i think cecilus is way more likely to predict and dodge

Cecilus can dodge every single raindrop in a storm and with his analytical prediction he can predict his opponent attacks by watching the movement of their eyes, feeling their hostility, reading how they breath(according to his profile)

i wouldn't say it's impossible for superman attacks to hit cecilus but i think cecilus is way more likely to predict and dodge
Fair enough I'll vote Cecilus FRA then

If it's ice breath or heat vision Cecilus could also just resist it (Hell, he should arguably even have resistance to absolute zero because this is his 5-C key but that doesn't matter here).

If it's something he can't directly resist he can just cut it.

By their profiles Cecil seems more skilled, has higher LS, and has dura neg hax. Supes would probably start with the hands, and despite Superman having an ap advantage it isnt big enough to one shot, and depending on what cecil starts with it could be gg

By their profiles Cecil seems more skilled, has higher LS, and has dura neg hax. Supes would probably start with the hands, and despite Superman having an ap advantage it isnt big enough to one shot, and depending on what cecil starts with it could be gg
Can i count that as a vote?

He has only ever done it once I believe
He is probably just gonna go with normal sword strikes
Well in that case
Superman shouldnt be out of wincons with his higher ap, heat vision as hotter then a star, and can become more powerful overtime via the sun. Cecil would still probably be able to get around most of this with his higher skill, damage reduction, instinctive reactions. You can count me for Cecil

He has only ever done it once I believe
He is probably just gonna go with normal sword strikes
That is simply not true. It's not normally highlighted because they are just normal sword slashes for him. When he is a kid, of course his first time picking up a sword and swinging it is highlighted. That doesn't mean his other sword slashes are usually worse.

But he should have his swords of power here which have dura neg anyway.

Cecilus’ range is 20km and even if Superman went out of his range it would just make it easier for Cecilus to indefinitely dodge his attacks. Not that he couldn't do that anyway, considering he can ignore physics to dodge every raindrop in a storm. There would be no way for either to win the match at that point and Supes would just be forced to come closer again.

There's also an argument to be made that Cecilus could just cut Supe's heat vision and make him go blind if he tried to do that.
From the one side of that unfurled cloth, Groovy flicked the magic crystal embedded in his throat, and hit Eugard with a surging roar that rumbled the very atmosphere.

From an unseeable position, with an onslaught equivalent to sound itself, it was a surprise attack that was impossible to dodge.

But, against that sound, Eugard displayed the true ability of the Fiend Sword.

――“To get to the point”, there existed such a saying.

It meant to get down to the heart of a matter, but in all things there was an appropriate “point”. No matter the object or phenomenon, or even concept, there existed a “point” that signified its essence.

The Fiend Sword Murasame, was an Enchanted Sword that bisected that perceived “point”.

Murasame hated Groovy, who had melted it down, and reforged it in the past, so in order to prevent his outstanding sense of smell from sniffing it out, it cut the point of its “scent”.

Since then, it has become impossible for anybody to pursue the Fiend Sword Murasame by scent.

And here, Murasame had cut the surging roar that Groovy had unleashed.

Groovy’s eardrums heard the sound of the magic crystal embedded in his throat shattering, and the moment he realized that, the slash of the sword was about to cleave Groovy in twain――,

Groovy: [――――]

A sudden gust of wind had saved the life that should have been severed.

???: [Deary me, that was a real close call. I was just takin’ a stroll and happened ta save yer life, fella.]

With the Curse Tools he had sent forth for an emergency evacuation having all been made powerless, Groovy’s life had been on the verge of eradication; carrying him, the tall figure who had unexpectedly appeared spoke in a laid-back tone.

Groovy was surprised by that sudden interloper, but Eugard could not conceal his shock either.

Not only had he interrupted this fierce battle, but his presence drawing closer had not even been felt until this moment.

Groovy: [Bashturd…]

???: [Ah, pushin’ yerself ain’t no good. It was the technique that got cut, but the effect is goin’ all the way ta yer voice. If ya try force yerself ta speak, you’ll never speak again.]

Responding to Groovy’s voice, which sounded like it was clotted with blood, the person who had perfectly ascertained what had happened―― the wolfman with black fur, let Groovy down.

Theres probably a instances of Superman speed blitzing after a sundip, but cant find one so, at most he'd be a bit faster, but there is Superman gaining a AP pretty big ap advantage
Well, that's still very useful. It's exactly the kind of thing I figured would prevent this from being a stomp match. However, for now I'm still voting Cecilus for vastly superior skill and durability negation and power nullification via concept manipulation.

Well what if supes freezes him during cqc?
I honestly doubt that would even do anything to Cecilus’ weakest key. Even fairly low tier users of the flow method can hold ice that would make a normal person's fingers fall off with no effect and Cecilus’ resistance to extreme temperates is great enough to step on lava and fight an opponent who vaporizes buildings just by existing.

Characters who can generate absolute zero temperatures are so far below him in this key it would make no sense if he couldn't resist it. But he's also comparable with the flow method to Reinhard who stood directly in absolute zero temperatures with no effect in the second trial.

And again, if he can cut the ice breath before it hits him in the first place if would nullify it, prevent supes from using it again, and injure him.

I honestly doubt that would even do anything to Cecilus’ weakest key. Even fairly low tier users of the flow method can hold ice that would make a normal person's fingers fall off with no effect and Cecilus’ resistance to extreme temperates is great enough to step on lava and fight an opponent who vaporizes buildings just by existing.
Scan for instant freeze resistance
Characters who can generate absolute zero temperatures are so far below him in this key it would make no sense if he couldn't resist it. But he's also comparable with the flow method to Reinhard who stood directly in absolute zero temperatures with no effect in the second trial.
We dont know if Reinhard did it with the flow method or not
And again, if he can cut the ice breath before it hits him in the first place if would nullify it, prevent supes from using it again, and injure him.
Supes can do this while simultaneously engaging him in combat

Scan for instant freeze resistance
You're free to read the flow method blog on the verse page, or just the justification on his profile for temperature resistance. But we're talking about a dude who can compete with another who can destroy the very power system that grants people the power to generate absolute zero tempurates.

We dont know if Reinhard did it with the flow method or not
That's where he gets his power.

Supes can do this while simultaneously engaging him in combat
Cecilus can swing his swords while in combat. Or do you mean to suggest that Supes is going to somehow get around Cecilus' skill and swords with ranged slashes in order to somehow get close enough to restrain both of his arms before doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back