• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby Star Allies Revision Thread

Yes, this game recently came out, so maybe it's too soon for a revision thread, but seeing how a mere datamine was enough to create a discussion here, I guess people don't mind. I've been playing this game basically non-stop, and as far as I'm aware have seen everything the game has to offer other than one thing (I'll explain what later so spoilers can be avoided without a warning label. EDIT: oops, guess I didn't, but it doesn't matter anyway, as it was covered on the wiki already.)

This thread will naturally contain spoilers, but the first few bosses have been shown off quite a lot, so I don't see much reason to give a spoiler warning to them just yet. But read at your own risk if you haven't played the game, I suppose.

Whispy Woods
As expected, Whispy Woods returns in this game. However, not exactly much is new in terms of abilities, as plant manipulation, explosion manipulation, size manipulation, etc is already shown on his profile. Whilst it may be summoning (which he already has), it could also be creation (which he does not), so I'll bring this up. According to his pause screen description:

"Kirby's familiar foe Whispy Woods is back- bright eyed, bushy headed, and dropping more apples than should even be possible!"

What stands out is he is dropping more apples than should ever be possible. Considering the attack where he showers down a ton of giant apples (shown off in the trailers), way more than his shrubbery should be capable of holding, I believe this holds water and could count as him creating the apples.

Also, whilst possessed by the Jamba Heart piece (in giant form), when he puffs out those clouds of air, they're actually dark clouds. They seem a bit amped compared to the standard, but... no idea what that would count as. But that's about it for new stuff. (also, new classification: Guardian of the Forest).

King Dedede
Buff Dedede... that's all that's new though. He shows athletic skills whilst in this form, which I have seen noted on this wiki before, but otherwise nothing new. As for his Dream Friend role, well... he already has Electricity manipulation, so that's not new, but Sizzle Hammer grants fire manip, Blizzard Hammer grants ice manip, Splash Hammer grants water manip and Bluster Hammer provides air manip.

Meta Knight
Fire Manipulation can now be achieved by wielding the Sizzle Sword, so we could add that. (I say this because his Fire Manipulation states it's "by himself & with Superspicy Curry Boost Orb). Talking of Swords, he now gains Water Manipulation and Ice Manipulation from the Splash Sword and Blizzard Sword respectively. He also appears to have Rock Manipulation in his battles, but that's all that's new. Considering he was possessed by a Jamba Heart piece whilst doing so, not sure if we'd have to specify that.

SPOILERS AHEAD
Yeah, not sure what counts as spoilers, but thought I'd leave stuff to do with Kirby's moveset, the available helpers, etc to be something people might wish to find out themselves, so I'll put it under a warning.

Kirby and the Star Allies
Kirby, first and foremost, has a new ability which works as a core mechanic of the game: The Friend Heart. He can throw them whenever he wishes and however many he wishes, but he seemingly got bestowed this move at the start of the game, so it's not truly natural to him. He's never implied to lose the ability at the end, but he isn't able to throw them in the credits. Considering he still has the allies in the credits, however, it's likely he didn't lose the ability, just restrained so you can't start befriending loads of enemies (it would ruin the challenge). Whilst in-game he can only use it on three allies, a cutscene when you first start the game shows him befriend at least four at once. Maybe you could slap a "Non-canon" on it, but... conversely you could slap a "game mechanic" on only being able to befriend three allies due to the cutscene. I'll leave that up to the community. But Friend Heart should do under standard equipment.

What does Friend Heart do though? Well, in certain boss battles, your allies can be turned against you to attack, almost like they're hypnotised. Throwing a Friend Heart at the again will bring them back, but... that brings up the question: Is Kirby hypnotising them too? Before you throw a Friend Heart at them, they seem very happy to attack you, but as soon as you hit them with it, they'll faithfully join you. In fact, your first target is a Poppy Bro Junior who gains heart eyes and hugs Kirby when the Friend Heart is used, which implies even more these are hypnotic in nature. Now you'll probably not believe me... but in Kirby's huge list of power and abilities, hypnosis is not yet one of them!! So, wow, such a simple ability is now under Kirby's name. "Hypnosis/Mind Manipulation via Friend Heart" should do.

But it's not just Kirby who can use them. In the "Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go!" mode, the Star Allies can use the Friend Heart too. Characters with profiles here who can use this ability are Waddle Doo, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Blade Knight, Bio Spark, Gim, Burning Leo, Knuckle Joe, and Bandana Waddle Dee. Gooey and Marx may be able to use it when they are added to the game, but so far this is unknown. I would list other characters capable of using it, but... I don't see us making profiles for them, so I won't bother with such a long (yet seemingly pointless) list, haha.

The Dream Rod is a new item for Kirby's standard equipment too, I suppose. This can summon characters to the location where Kirby is, but not sure if it has anything to do with dreams. However, since the one summoned is just as faithful as the Star Allies under the effects of a Friend Heart, I guess that too has hypnosis.

As for the copy abilities:

• Air Manipulation expands beyond Tornado, as Cleaning and Wing are associated with the element.
  • Paint Manipulation can be used by Artist now (as opposed to just Paint), as well as Earth Manipulation (can create a stone block to create a sculpture with).
  • Spider is already covered on the page, nicely.
  • Perhaps Broadway Force via Festival, considering it causes the Star Allies to dance with Kirby too, but considering these are his allies, one could argue they just wish to join in.
  • And more weapons to his name via Staff, which is interestingly Jambastion technology according to its bio. I can't remember exactly, but I think there was some magic to it, and considering Jambastions use magic, this could make sense. He can also manipulate its length and imbue it with elements (fire, ice, water, air and electricity).
  • Other weapons, such as Sword, Cutter, Bomb, Ninja, Hammer, Whip and Yo-Yo also can be imbued with these elements.
Bandana Waddle Dee's spear can be imbued with these elements, so he now gains fire, air, electricity and ice manipulation via each variant.

Jambastion Mages
Well, looking into the profiles, it seems I was beaten to it, but there were a few things I'd like to point out. Flamberge's profile forgets about her cannon, so "Capable of summoning her blade" should be maybe be changed to be "Capable of summoning her blade and cannon", as well as the cannon being added to standard equipment. She's also stated to be weak to water.

As for Francisca, if you lose to her, it is stated she uses ice and water attacks (which we already have labelled), but as a trade-off for this is weak to fire and electric type attacks. So she now has some known, and stated, weaknesses. Also, to expand upon the weakness to fire, and high temperatures in general, in the second match against Flamberge, the pause description states:

"She'd like to invite Francisca to join her but worries she might melt in the heat..."

Now, I don't think she'd literally melt, as she isn't composed of ice, and it was stated she was Flamberge's sister in the Hyness battle pause description, so she should have the same "composition" if that makes sense. I think it's more her ice powers and aura would be reduced or unable to be used and would likely cause stress and the like (basically her ice would melt). So... heat/high temperatures would be another weakness of hers.

Then we have Zan Partizanne, who for some reason doesn't have a profile yet. Well, her main ability is Electricity Manipulation, so that's clearly there. She also wields a spear-like weapon, and exceedingly well, so Weapon Mastery would clearly be there. Naturally Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic and Flight would be there too. She can summon her spears, as well as Raijin's thunder drums, so summoning is an ability too. She can use her 'spear' to create a storm cloud which strikes with lightning, so I guess weather manipulation too would be a thing. She can amp her spear with lightning using Raijin's drums, as well as fire electric orbs and a large laser from it, so Energy Projection. She may also have explosion manipulation or creation of shockwaves, as one of her attacks creates a hemi-spherical explosion when it collides with the ground. AP, speed, etc should be easy to figure out, as it should basically be the same as the other mages, but for weakness: water.

Finally, something interesting is what the pause description says about Zan:

"The dutiful leader of the three Jambastion mages, Lightning General Zan Partizanne seems to energise the fortress itself and uses high speed attacks to render her prey helpless."

She appears to energise fortress, it seems. Now, I am aware this can be used metaphorically at times (such as the mood or atmosphere), but she doesn't quite give off those vibes. She seems a bit more serious than the other two. So... Not sure what to make of that entirely. It's pretty cool though. Plus, she did destroy the fortress with her spear, but... likely overshadowed by scaling to other feats.

That guy in a cloak
To avoid spoilers being the headings, I gotta call Hyness that. But yeah, Hyness. Profile already made for him, but he can summon spears from a large Jambastion emblem, which I don't think was mentioned. Said spears could maybe count towards weapon mastery, but also just natural summoning (i.e. not just summoning the mages). Heck, the way he wields the mages makes it seems a bit weapon mastery-ish... then again, he wields them more chaotically than thought out, and it was stated him using them as such was clear evidence he's lost his mind. Source:

"Tossing the three unconscious sisters around like rag dolls, it's clear he's lost his grip on reality."

So... either possibly, or just ignore that idea. But he can summon the emblem and spears from it, so... that counts. Also, for his AP, should it be noted he uses the Mages as tools!?! I know it says he's superior to them, but that truly sells it! Also, by throwing the Mages around, crystals are formed, which probably counts towards a power. I guess it would go to him, but it could also go to them since their body is the source, I guess. But... that's about it for anything new, unless we believe his icy vortexes count to more than just ice manipulation.

Also, whilst generally these things aren't seen as canon, (we do reference soul bosses and Galacta Knight here though, so maybe it doesn't matter), Hyness appeared to be creating/overlooking a portal in the Star Allies campaign, from which Galacta Knight emerged. Speaking of which...

We should have known!
Remember the butterfly from Kirby Adventure Wii? Or in Triple Deluxe? Planet Robobot? Yeah, it doesn't have a big role, but... it's there. Heck, it even appears in the intro to Star Allies! But yep, this red-and-yellow butterfly all along is one of the strongest Kirby characters!! How so? Well, it landed on Galacta Knight's lance... and ABSORBED HIM! He basically reduces him to dust and then absorbed him. Even looking at the scene where they start to turn white, Galacta Knight turns white first, which basically proves the butterfly is the one absorbing him: the strongest warrior in the galaxy! So.... flight and absorption are the abilities of this insect.

Of course, most people would recognise it (eventually) as Morpho Knight, the result of absorbing GK and wishing to bring back that old design for Meta Knight that never made it! So, I guess Morpho Knight is a better page title that "Butterfly (Kirby)". I assume we'd like to give it a profile, so I'll cover the basics, albeit I haven't been able to fully observe its moveset completely, so may update this. From what I've seen in my examination so far, his moveset is similar to Meta Knights in some ways.

Flight, Teleportation and Weapon Mastery are shown straight away, and Energy Blasts/Energy Manipulation is seen pretty shortly into the fight. He can also build up a dark aura (aura is an ability here, I believe?) around him, and can send form two small demonic auras with faces from his sword (summoning?). He can shield himself with his sword too. In the second phase, we see him empower his sword, creating a second one and increasing there size a bit. He then goes on to greatly increase their size for attacks, so size manipulation and duplication should be a thing. He also teleports about and sounds out these... sound-wave-like things, which hypnotise your allies into enemies, so he too would have mind manipulation. Unfortunately, that's as far as I got, as I died at that point (fighting him in Ultimate Choice) and so the analysis had to end for the time being. I do recall him creating a larger demonic face though from previous battles. Nothing much else I can add, as the pause description doesn't give us anything too new.

Final boss
Well... the giant crown Void Termina summons is only in The Ultimate Choice: Soul Melter. In the main story mode, it appears more like a beat-looking cannon, so maybe we should say that as well? Other than that, the profile seems fine. However, apparently its true form (phase 4) is weak to Friend Hearts, but I haven't tested this yet.

EDIT: Oh yeah, we missed out breath attack! To clarify, they use it on their sword arms to imbue them with an element.

As for the Final Weapon, the Star Allies Sparkler, this is a legendary version of the Friend Star. The Friend Star is the only real ability that has noteworthy new powers, as Friend Train only crashes through enemies, runs up walls and along ceilings, Friend Circle just rams through stuff, and Friend Bridge... is just the Star Allies stacking. Friend Star, meanwhile, is quite noteworthy. It can deal greater damage than Kirby and destroy things he cannot. Like the Robobot Armour, it can use Copy Abilities and can use them in combat. Almost every copy ability can be used, but it appears stuff like Artist doesn't create anything new. I haven't had the chance to check what works and what doesn't yet, but I can test it out an update this.

As for the Star Allies Sparkler, it's an upgrade of the initial Friend Star, but it's abilities only affect its shot type rather than the whole thing. It also can spin around to dodge, charge up shots and fly upwards momentarily to avoid ground-based attacks. In the fifth phase of the battle against Void Termina, it shoots a beam called the Sparkler Starshot, which can be further empowered if needed, as seen by the final button mash.

Existing profiles of riders: Kirby, Waddle Doo, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Blade Knight, Bio Spark, Gim, Burning Leo, Knuckle Joe, Bandana Waddle Dee, Gooey, and Marx.

TL;DR
And that should be it, I believe. For the sake of a tl;dr, I'll just list all the revision.

Whispy Woods: possibly creation, unknown ability concerning dark clouds via Jamba Heart piece. New classification: "Guardian of the Forest"

King Dedede: Buff Dedede shows athletic skills. Fire Manipulation via Sizzle Hammer, Water Manipulation via Splash Hammer, Ice Manipulation via Blizzard Hammer and Air Manipulation via Bluster Hammer.

Meta Knight: Fire Manipulation is expanded upon, Water Manipulation via Splash Sword, Ice Manipulation via Blizzard Sword, likely Earth Manipulation via Jamba Heart piece.

Kirby, Waddle Doo, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Blade Knight, Bio Spark, Gim, Burning Leo, Knuckle Joe, and Bandana Waddle Dee: Mind Manipulation via Friend Heart. Summoning and possibly Mind Manipulation via Dream Rod. Standard Equipment additions: Friend Heart and Dream Rod

Gooey and Marx: speculated to be the same as above.

Kirby: Air Manipulation and Paint Manipulation expanded upon, possibly Broadway Force, expansion of weapons and elemental powers. Possibly the Staff is magic.

Bandana Waddle Dee: Fire Manipulation via Sizzle Spear, Ice Manipulation via Blizzard Spear, Electricity Manipulation via Zap Spear and Air Manipulation via Bluster Spear

Flamberge: Details missing on her profile, weakness = water

Francisca: Weaknesses = fire, electricity and high temperatures

Zan Partizanne: Profile proposed, see section for details provided

Hyness: expansion on summoning, possibly weapon mastery. Possibly portal creation. Minor AP reason revision.

Butterfly: Profile proposed, see for details

Void Termina: Weakness found, but so far only a rumour as I haven't tested it. Add cannon, as crown is only in a single mode and not the story. Also breath attack.

Kirby, Waddle Doo, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Blade Knight, Bio Spark, Gim, Burning Leo, Knuckle Joe, Bandana Waddle Dee, Gooey and Marx: Friend Star and Star Ally Sparkler were discussed.

All we gotta do now is hope this gets noticed

Edits
EDIT: Eficiente also brings up that in the two sub-games, Kirby gets some extra standard equipment, mainly a bat capable of hitting Town-level, county-level and planet-level meteors with enough force to have them crash through several planet(oid?)s, as well as an axe.

EDIT 2: So, after playing some more to get to observe a certain boss in the Helpers campaign, I was reminded of the fact that midbosses drop a hat representing their ability. For example, Bonkers drops Hammer, Buggzy drops Suplex, etc. If a Star Ally (not including Dream Friends it appears, i.e. Meta Knight, Dedede and Bandana Waddle Dee, and likely future waves such as Marx, etc) they will transform into the ally the hat represents. For example, touching the Artist Hat turns them into Vividria. However, if Vividria were to touch the Artist hat, for example, she would be healed (as evident by the sound effect). So... these hats appear to grant Transformation and healing!

Would this mean new abilities for Waddle Doo, Blade Knight, Bio Spark, Gim, Burning Leo & Knuckle Joe via these hats?

EDIT 3: For the Morpho Knight issue, I have now fully analysed the moveset. Rather than post it all here, I thought to make an in-depth blog here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LuckyEmile/All_you_need_to_know_about_the_butterfly to demonstrate everything. If you'd like me to do the same for Zan Partizanne, feel free to ask.

I disagree with creation for Whispy, giving characters powers generated by the Heart pieces, "athletic skills" for DDD, empathic manip being mind manip, Friend Heart as an item and Broadway Force (only works on allies).

I didn't saw VT using breath attack.

Everything else seems fine.

Could you elaborate on why not for Whispy? Just so I know why.

Jamba Heart pieces not granting powers is fine, I was just trying to play it safe. So... Meta Knight and Whispy have those abilities naturally is what you're saying?

Dedede was swinging around on pillars and jumps from one to another, so seems pretty athletic.

The Friend Heart wasn't empathic manipulation as far as I know... Could be, but I covered how its likely hypnosis, which falls under mind manipulation. Void Termina does the same thing, as we labelled it as mind manipulation too.

Friend Heart should fall under standard equipment as he can summon them on the fly and nothing implies he lost the power post-game.

And, yeah the Broadway Force was just throwing it out there.

Void Termina's breath attacks were discussed, did you only look at the tl;dr? If so, maybe look at the reasons for why those were put down. (EDIT: just to make it clear, it breaths out ic, fire and electricity.)

As for axe and bat... good point, actually. That's on strong bat too, haha.

I thought creation was a power more difficult to obtain, but it seems to qualify. My bad.

They do grant powers, but it seems unnecessary to mention.

It's unnecessary to mention that for a MFTL+ character.

Empathic manip is a form of mind manip, it's not wrong to say that is mind manip but empathic manip is more accurate.

Everyone still has that power, but it doesn't qualify as equipment.

Ok.

Checked, but he doesn't use it offensively so it shouldn't qualify.

First three I can agree with now, yeah.

I thought of it more like hypnosis because of how it looks and how similar abilities work. Using Void Termina's profile as reference is another reason. But an either/or situation could arise.

I thought it would, but if you say so.

And I see... I have seen abilities being noted to not being used in combat in-univserse, but if you think this shouldn't count, fair enough.

Back