• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It came from one of the mangas. As to which one it came from I am not sure. But judging from it's URL, I'm sure we could find it if we dig around enough on the website.

The Everlasting said:
Super Sonic is a planet buster, so he can take Kirby's attacks.
Correction, Sonic is a LARGE planet buster and tanker, bordering on star busting. The only reason he's not Star Busting is because we have no idea how much stronger Dark Gaia had gotten after maturing into Perfect Dark Gaia, as Dark Gaia his sheer strength allowed him to effortlessly move the pieces of the earth, he constantly destroys the planet in a cycle.

Also the feat with Kirby of the Stars is considered a "joke" feat, so it shouldn't be taken seriously, the game feat is what Kirby is truly capable of.

Saying Kirby is solar or star level with Hypernova is kek worthy. Nothing has been shown to put him at that.

Still, what's the time-limit for Super Sonic again? It changes so frequently across mediums and games, that I have no clue. Rings are argued to be game mechanics, but the invincibility granted by the super-forms is argued to be the same as well, on top of a NLF.

Kirby has a shot, if he can outlast it.

Yep.

Doesn't really matter, Sonic would Speedblitz the hell outta Kirby anyway.

He won't outlast Super Sonic, Super Sonic is made for Speedblitzing.

Davy0 said:
Yep.
Doesn't really matter, Sonic would Speedblitz the hell outta Kirby anyway.

He won't outlast Super Sonic, Super Sonic is made for Speedblitzing
No he won't, Kirby's FTL due to being able to keep up with Meta Knight.

Yes he would, Kirby's strongest Copy Abilities can help. Besides, Super Sonic is no different from the things Kirby has faced.

The thing is, the scanning ability that I mentioned above practically guarantees Kirby being able to outlast Super Sonic. If Kirby can scan and copy Sonic in his super form, then Kirby himself can essentially become Super Sonic.

If we really want to be very realistic about this. Super Sonic is a huge jump from Sonic who was already many times FTL before the transformation. S. Sonic is potentially MFTL due to being that much stronger than Sonic as every parameter boosts in power.

He's very different, he completely speed blitzes him and wins, that's different.

Otakuzoid said:
The thing is, the scanning ability that I mentioned above practically guarantees Kirby being able to outlast Super Sonic. If Kirby can scan and copy Sonic in his super form, then Kirby himself can essentially become Super Sonic.
He won't be able to do that, as becoming Super Sonic requires knowing how to manipulate CHAOS energy. Kirby has never been shown in any medium doing such a thing. Try again.

Davy0 said:
Otakuzoid said:
He won't be able to do that, as becoming Super Sonic requires knowing how to manipulate CHAOS energy. Kirby has never been shown in any medium doing such a thing. Try again.
But here's the thing, Kirby can copy Sonic's chaos energy as well. When Kirby copies something, he automatically has knowledge and skill with the thing that he copied (such as sword and fighter). What you're saying is the equivilent to saying "Kirby can't use his plasma ability because he doesn't know how to use plazma."

No he can't. You can't give him abilities he hasn't used in canon, that's an NLF. If he had manipulated something akin to it, I would have agreed with you. But all you're doing is acting desperately and grasping for straws. Well here's the straw you picked with your own hand: Kirby. Gets. Speed. Blitzed!

You saying that about plasma makes no sense. Manipulating a different type of energy in itself is something beyond just gaining weapon magic and whatnot. Even in Smash the only thing he copies from Sonic is his ability to use is his ability to become flexible enough to fight with his Spin Dash and Spin Jump abilities.

And why exactly can't Kirby copy Sonic exactly? Kirby's main ability is to copy the beings and envirornments around him. On top of that, Kirby's arsenal of copy abilities only continues to grow by each game, meaning that we have not seen the maximum limit of his copy abilities.

So tell me, why can't Kirby copy Sonic?

Hypernova warpstar combo would easily be enough to at least BFR the blue (...yellow?) blur. However, since Kirby doesn't have the warpstar in this fight, I doubt he can keep up.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Hypernova warpstar combo would easily be enough to at least BFR the blue (...yellow?) blur. However, since Kirby doesn't have the warpstar in this fight, I doubt he can keep up.
Sonic is fast enough to EASILY outrace Black Holes, escaping from the interdimensional rift of worlds wasn't a problem for him at all in Rush.

@Davy0 Not unless Sonic were to fly into Kirby as he's inahling. Yes, Sonic can escape Kirby's suction, but that only really means that Sonic can keep a distance from Kirby. Getting close will only run the risk of getting sucked in.

And you still have yet to tell me why Kirby can't copy Sonic

Otakuzoid said:
And why exactly can't Kirby copy Sonic exactly? Kirby's main ability is to copy the beings and envirornments around him. On top of that, Kirby's arsenal of copy abilities only continues to grow by each game, meaning that we have not seen the maximum limit of his copy abilities.
So tell me, why can't Kirby copy Sonic?
Well first off, Sonic is invulnerable as Super Sonic, not to mention faster than Kirby can copy. This scanning ability bullcrap only happens if he can keep up with Sonic. Sorry but he cannot keep up with him. Sonic has enough power to one-shot with a Super Sonic Boost.

"Only happens if he can keep up with Sonic"? Dude, all Kirby has to do is look at Sonic with the scan ability and then he can copy.

Otakuzoid said:
@Davy0 Not unless Sonic were to fly into Kirby as he's inahling. Yes, Sonic can escape Kirby's suction, but that only really means that Sonic can keep a distance from Kirby. Getting close will only run the risk of getting sucked in.
And you still have yet to tell me why Kirby can't copy Sonic
Ahhh, so you think Sonic is dumb enough and slow enough to be caught by Kirby's most mainly used ability? You think that a guy who has outsmarted a genius at times (Eggman has an IQ of 300). Has had to think quick on his feet, has learned the patterns of his enemies to dodge and attack them is that stupid. You do realize Kirby is far less intelligent than Meta Knight or Sonic, Sonic is cocky, he's not a complete dumbass.

You're not understanding what speedblitzing is... How is a slower character even going to catch a faster character IN HIS SUPER FORM which is multiple times above just FTL+ while he himself is FTL only.

That's not the point. Sonic has to get close to Kirby to attack him. Getting close to Kirby means that he is indeed at risk of getting sucked in.

Kirby also has a multitude of "kill everything on screen" attacks such as crash and cook Kirby. There's also ice Kirby which can freeze Sonic.

Also, you keep bringing up speedblitzing, yet you also forget how rediculously fast Kirby's warpstar is. Kirby's reaction speed is on par with his warp star meaning that he can react to Sonic.

Except his inhaling only goes in a single direction, and he can only use Hypernova for a short period of time.

But Sonic is FASTER and superior in durability to Kirby, wanker.

No...

What are you talking about? Kirby's Hypernova doesn't run on a timer >_> And just because Kirby's inhale only goes in one direction doesn't mean Sonic can easily avoid it. In fact, Kirby's regular inhale in the anime has actually demonstrated a very large range.

That doesn't maatter, Kirby still has a multitude of abilities that can harm and wear down Sonic. Kirby also has his Great Sword which can cut through anything. Also, "wanker"? Are you really resorting to insults now?

Why not?

Except said "kill everything on screen" is for fodder, that doesn't even remotely apply to a person of Super Sonics durability. Hell, said "kill on screen" abilities won't work on some mini-bosses.

Kirby being FTL off the warp-star is sketchy, that I can admit. Jet Kirby puts him at Mach 5 in SuperStar ultra, which is a huge lowball, but why would a power-up put him slower?

Excluding that lowball, when Meta Knight fights Kirby, he isn't exactly flying FTL when they fight, it's usually in a contained place. If Kirby could catch up to Meta Knight while he's zipping around through space, then yup he's FTL easily, but he can only replicate such speed with the Warp Star. Furthermore, his Warp Star speed doesn't translate to attack speed or how fast he does an ability or hits. It all comes down to scaling, which is pretty wonky in the Kirby-verse. Hell, Bandana Dee got FTL because of scaling.

His reactions would be FTL from not splatting in space from riding the Warp Star, so Sonic isn't blitizing, but it's not like Kirby is going to be easily keeping up with Super Sonic like an afternoon stroll. Kirby's speed of fighting is considerably slower than his Warp Star speed in space.

Hypernova Kirby is the only shot he has at this, but seeing as that's not a legit black hole in the slightest and Super Sonic is FTL+, which means he can outrun it even if it was a completely, 100% genuine one.

The copy ability argument is silly. It's a hypothetical "Super" Kirby that has never been shown and seems like fanfiction. When has Kirby copied the powers of Meta Knight or Sectonia? Besides, how does Kirby copy the powers of the Chaos Emeralds? It doesn't make much sense.

All in all, it comes down to, can Kirby outlast Super Sonic and then proceed to Hypernova his ass?

It doesn't matter the range if the character can OUTRUN it. Stop acting dumb, man... please! Stop it...

It doesn't matter, KIRBY IS A PLANET BUSTER, SONIC IS A LARGE PLANET BUSTER WITH TECHNICAL INVULNERABILITY! ANYTHING LESSER THAN HIS DURABILITY WON'T EVEN HURT HIM!

You would need to prove that, man...

Lawyerr said:
Except said "kill everything on screen" is for fodder, that doesn't even remotely apply to a person of Super Sonics durability. Hell, said "kill on screen" abilities won't work on some mini-bosses.
Kirby being FTL off the warp-star is sketchy, that I can admit. Jet Kirby puts him at Mach 5 in SuperStar ultra, which is a huge lowball, but why would a power-up put him slower?

Excluding that lowball, when Meta Knight fights Kirby, he isn't exactly flying FTL when they fight, it's usually in a contained place. If Kirby could catch up to Meta Knight while he's zipping around through space, then yup he's FTL easily, but he can only replicate such speed with the Warp Star. Furthermore, his Warp Star speed doesn't translate to attack speed or how fast he does an ability or hits. It all comes down to scaling, which is pretty wonky in the Kirby-verse. Hell, Bandana Dee got FTL because of scaling.

His reactions would be FTL from not splatting in space from riding the Warp Star, so Sonic isn't blitizing, but it's not like Kirby is going to be easily keeping up with Super Sonic like an afternoon stroll. Kirby's speed of fighting is considerably slower than his Warp Star speed in space.

Hypernova Kirby is the only shot he has at this, but seeing as that's not a legit black hole in the slightest and Super Sonic is FTL+, which means he can outrun it even if it was a completely, 100% genuine one.

The copy ability argument is silly. It's a hypothetical "Super" Kirby that has never been shown and seems like fanfiction. When has Kirby copied the powers of Meta Knight or Sectonia? Besides, how does Kirby copy the powers of the Chaos Emeralds? It doesn't make much sense.

All in all, it comes down to, can Kirby outlast Super Sonic and then proceed to Hypernova his ass?
You didn't need this much, he's pulling straws.

@Lawerr

I'm not trying to make the arument that his "kill everything on screen" attack would instantly kill Sonic. What I'm saying is that it is one of the things Kirby can use to wear down Sonic without getting close to him.

I have no idea, perhaps Kirby just can't move fast while floating, which would make sense. There are calculations of Kirby's foot speed in this article.

There's also a speed calculation for Kirby's Warp Star in this same article

I never said it would be easy for Kirby, I'm just saying that he can pull it off.

How is Hypernova his only shot? Kirby has a huge arsenal that he can use to wear Sonic down along with the Great Sword which can cut through anything.

Tell me, why exaclty can't Kirby copy Sonic? What exact reason is there that Kirby isn't capable of doing so? "When has Kirby copied the powers of Meta Knight or Sectonia?" Never, because Kirby didn't have access to the scan ability while fighting those two.

It won't affect an invulnerable character as long as it's within his durability range, you have to have either a similar to greater destructive capacity to break a characters invulnerability, a defensive shield, something of the sort...

... We don't use Death Battle here, sorry.

Again ^

8/10 Sonic will win due to him being superior in every way with Super Sonic it is then.

"Cut through anything" is a no limits fallacy, just like invulnerability, because if that's the case, we will have "strongest spear versus the sturdiest shield".

I already stated this, and if you keep doing this, I'm going to get a staffer to end it.

Silverboy300 wrote:
Davy, you're being a real biased Sonic fanboy right now.......

Yeah, fanboy, a Superior character with Superior Reflexes and Destructive Capacity is lesser than his adversary, you guys pull so many straws from your ass that you might as well be called "Straw Man". Yep, I'm such a massive Fanboy, oh please cleanse me oh beautifully all knowing adversary, teach me the ways of your Straw Man philosophy.

KIRBY : SPEED -Can create an infinite number of Warp Stars to ride that can move at warp/MFTL+ speeds which can cruise through solar systems and galaxies in seconds -Constantly defeats MFTL space manipulators without using his Warp Star -With the Rocket Copy ability, he can cover light years in instants just like on the Warp Star -Thanks to one of the feats in the latest game, the Warp Star's velocity is proven to be even higher than 405,459,877,400,000 m/s which is 1,351,532 times the speed of light

Then we'd go through the Flight Speed vs Combat Speed difference. Has he ever fought with said characters with the Warp Star, if so show evidence and we can get his reflexes upgraded to suit your needs.

Ever, you see what I mean... If you try to talk rationally to guys wearing earplugs, all you're going to get is wide eyes and opened mouths with drool coming down the sides of them. What you want to do is back away slowly, call the police (admins), and let them see the evidence.

Davy0 said:
It won't affect an invulnerable character as long as it's within his durability range, you have to have either a similar to greater destructive capacity to break a characters invulnerability, a defensive shield, something of the sort...
... We don't use Death Battle here, sorry.

Again ^

8/10 Sonic will win due to him being superior in every way with Super Sonic it is then.

Invulnerability. And "cut through anything" is a no limits fallacy, just like invulnerability, because if that's the case, we will have "strongest spear versus the sturdiest shield".

I already stated this, and if you keep doing this, I'm going to get a staffer to end it.

Silverboy300 wrote:
Davy, you're being a real biased Sonic fanboy right now.......

Yeah, fanboy, a Superior character with Superior Reflexes and Destructive Capacity is lesser than his adversary, you guys pull so many straws from your ass that you might as well be called "Straw Man". Yep, I'm such a massive Fanboy, oh please cleanse me oh beautifully all knowing adversary, teach me the ways of your Straw Man philosophy.
No it won't, but if Kirby manages to hit him in his non super form, then it most certainly will harm him.

"We don't use Death Battle here, sorry." But I'm not using Death Battle. In fact, all of the calculations in that article are in fact 100% their own.

Until Kirby copies Super Sonic. You guys still have yet to tell me why Kirby can't copy Sonic. Even without the copy argument, in the article that I linked, their calculations show that a simple slap from Kirby can "send a giant monster flying at 42,857,142,860 m/s, 143 times the speed of light !"

That would make sense if it weren't for the fact that in a Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct, Masahiro Sakurai stated that the Ultra Sword is "capable of slicing through anything." Those are words from the creator of Kirby himself.

What was your explanation then? Because I sure missed it.

Yeah you. Am I really acting in a manner that is unacceptable? ._.

'Cause if I am, I honsestly don't mean it.

Why would he be in his non-super form if he's RESTRICTED to his Super Form.

Good for them... Get someone here to evaulate that then we will talk, if it's not accepted here, we aren't using it.

Um... If he's a Planet Buster, he should be capable of doing SOMETHING along those lines, he should have enough destructive potential to cause said damage, it has nothing to do with him being just FTL in movement speed.

I guess Invulnerability means absolutely nothing to you, because as a wanker, the other characters abilities truly pale in comparison to Kirby's own, even though that's complete BS.

S. Sonic is superior to Kirby in everyway...

Otakuzoid said:
Yeah you. Am I really acting in a manner that is unacceptable? ._.
'Cause if I am, I honsestly don't mean it.
No.

Unacceptable is when members begin typing in all caps and insulting each other. I don't see anything really unacceptable in this thread, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back