• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito Suffers: The Light Novel - The Sword Art Online Discussion/Q&A Thread #3

Yeah, 4-B seems good to me.

Then again, it's implied, but it's definitely possible. (Cough, cough, a certain redhead and her friend's descendants) Furthur quotes by them even say it was possible for Kirito to have multiple wives, but unlikely, IIRC.

Found this in volume 17. Just something I found interesting:

Asuna sank into the chaos of the moment — Her bewilderment was shattered by the roars of the red troops that had already approached within a few hundred meters.

"Charge ahead!!"

"Give 'em hell!!"

— English!

Those people are all humans from the real world — judging by their accent, they're Americans!

But, why would they be here… This is a genuinely different world, completely cut off from the real world…

No.

No —

Maybe, to the people diving in with STLs, Underworld was actually a different world created through the "Mnemonic Visual" with realism rivaling that of the real world. However, the generic VRMMO template ┬½The Seed┬╗ had also been used to design this world. In other words, as long as one used an AmuSphere, they could dive into this world using a low-end server based on polygonal construction — furthermore, the Ocean Turtle had a large, military-grade bandwidth satellite connection.

Then, if someone were to write a client program that included Underworld central server address and the accompanying account information, and disseminate it in the real world — Not just several tens of thousands; summoning an army of hundreds of thousands was certainly not impossible.

But what shocked Asuna the most was how those crimson soldiers acted; they had started to directly attack their supposed allies, the Dark Land Knights and the Fist Fighter army, without any hesitation.

"Wh, what are they…?!"

"Aren't they supposed to be our allies?!!"

The Knights screamed desperately while trying to defend against the attack, but their numbers were already far too disproportionate, and on top of that, the crimson soldiers' weapons and armor were of much higher specs than the Dark Land army's equipment.

One after another the swords and shields started breaking apart, and together with the agonizing screams from the collision of both armies, innumerable spurts of blood began gushing out.

"Dude that's awesome!!"

"Pretty gore!!"

These Americans were probably completely unaware of the true nature of this battle. They were probably under the impression that their diving in was merely taking part in an open beta test for some new VRMMO. Therefore, she could not blame them for swinging their swords and killing everyone. After all, to them, these soldiers were not conscious beings equal to humans; they were NPCs, mere trifles. Of course, not everyone was atrociously evil; in the real world, they were still VRMMO players who could be friendly and work together with other players on the same server. If there was time to inform them of the true nature behind Underworld and the Artificial Fluctlights, Asuna believed that most of them would immediately drop their weapons.

But they hadn't such leisure right now. Even if Asuna tried to step into the battlefield and explain the situation in English, they would just think of her as an NPC speaking preset lines. If they were told "killing enemies right now will earn you points, which you can exchange for rare items after the official release", even the Japanese players would do the exact same thing.

In short, verbally convincing them was impossible.

The people the Americans were trying to kill were not NPCs, but artificial Fluctlights carrying real souls. After finishing off the soldiers of the Dark Territory, those of the Human World would surely be next. Then, as the only one present inhabiting a transient body, she had to fight.

Also new feats:

All Integrity Knights or people who use Incarnation can sense a specific person's presence, even through long distances or through thousands of people. So probably best to add that as Enhance Senses to all people who are conscious about Incarnation.

Asuna (before becoming Star Queen) could manipulate (create and destroy) terrain that can extend all the way up to the horizon, though it'd put immense stress on her.

Vector (Gabriel) can absorb Incarnation (so basically he has the ability to absorb other people's reality warping... dunno how that works), souls, and basically everything else.

Super Accounts also are automatically 6-C, as Asuna could shake the world and Vector obviously scales to Kirito.

Bercouli has Reactive Evolution though adapting to skills only after seeing them in seconds, even against Vector, whose fighting style basically consisted of him sliding across the ground instead of using any footwork and ignoring a telegraph/anticipation motion and basically immediately teleporting into an attack; basically making his movements nearly impossible to predict. Vector also being faster than him and being able to one shot him at any time doesn't help him too. Despite this, Bercouli still adapted within seconds.

Bercouli also has Mid Regenerationn via being able to regenerate his entire arm with Sacred Arts (no incantation needed. Also needs spatial resources like all Sacred Arts).

Even with an arm cut off, getting a fatal wound on his chest, and a lot of his willpower and mind being absorbed by Vector with every clash, Bercouli still had extreme willpower available and still fought even though he should have been dead. He basically has Lancer's Battle Continuation through sheer will (Incarnation) alone. And he won against Vector (at the cost of his life).

In summary, if 6-C Super Accounts come true, then Bercouli would've defeated a 6-C even though he was an 8-C+. Well, he used his Release Recollection to do it, but he still fought against and out-skilled an enemy that could one-shot him at any time in 10+ minutes. Keep in mind that this enemy also out-skilled pro GGO players, and won BoBs by going unarmed or just using a knife.

Edit: So Vector can basically absorb someone's willpower and mind; affecting their Incarnation in the process since it's made from the user's will and mind.

Btw how good Quinella comparing to the others antagonist? (yeah, this include that trash-bag-fail-antagonist-that-guy-should-die-authormustbeblamedcreatingthistrash antagonist from AFO)

Quinella is a "give no forks" type, which is enjoyable to watch

They don't have the simple depth Kayaba does in a sense, but she's good

Velox can you like

Chill when talking about fiction

Like, instead of repeating trashbag and death threats can't you just not and move on

Just

Man you are ranting about a construct of lines arrayed in a fashion of a humanoid

Be angry at yourself being angry at a completely fictional creation

I finished reading through volume 15 and found some good feats.

AP:

• More than one-hundred goblin soldiers is required to counteract even a single average Perfect Weapon Control Art (called Armament Full Control Art on this wiki) from an Integrity Knight. This is of course backed up by Deusolbert and other Integrity Knights easily taking out more than 50+ goblins casually with their Perfect Weapon Control Arts. This should be calced obviously to see if we can possibly get a higher rating for these characters' APs. This would scale to all Integrity Knights.
    • P.S: Deusolbert was able to take out more than 42 goblins. In that battle, his second attack took out 50+, so maybe that can be calced too since that's actually a feat.
Hax:

• Bercouli's so GAR that he can bend Incarnation's probability manipulation to his will, as seen here:
    • You saw it happen. I swung level at the right. It was an Empty slash—the fastest attack of my life and completely unthinking. My first movement gave me the advantage over Bercouli... However—however. When he put up his sword to receive the blow, which should have rebuffed it, he somehow pushed back my swing instead and chopped off my arm. Can you believe this, Vixur? In the moment, his sword was not even touching mine!... It is truth. It was as if the path of my swing itself was pushed aside by some invisible force. Not arts. Not Perfect Weapon Control. There is only one way to describe the phenomenon. My Empty Sword lost in battle to the willpower he refined over two centuries. He envisioned the path his sword was meant to take so powerfully that it became unshakable truth!
  • Only higher-up Integrity Knights or strong Incarnation users can use Incarnate Arms (telekinesis), and those with extremely powerful Incarnations can use Incarnate Swords (attacking or defending against enemies from a distance, essentially spatial manipulation). The only ones who have been shown to use Incarnate Swords (from my knowledge) are Bercouli and Kirito.
  • Like I stated in a previous comment, high Incarnation users can sense whether someone is in an area, is alive, or just died, even if they're kilometers apart. It's more like a sense than anything, so I believe giving them Enhanced Senses would be fitting. The only ones I believe who have shown this are Alice and Bercouli, though there could definitely be more.
  • Shasta (one of the new characters that will appear in the next arc) has an Enhance Armament that allows him to negate durability by directly severing or piercing the target's Life instead of their body.
  • Shasta's Release Recollection allows him to essentially turn into a tornado of durability negating rampage... literally. He turns into a non-corporeal whirlwind that attacks and durability negates anything in a 20 meter diameter. In addition, this whirlwind "transcended even the system of the Underworld". He does not eliminate the Life value of his enemies. Instead, he literally forces the mental image of death into his enemies, destroying their fluctlights. The description later details this pretty clearly as soul manipulation, so yeah.
  • Gabriel resists soul manipulation because his "soul was dead, even as it lived". I'm not sure whether this means that Gabriel lacks a soul, but either way he completely ignored Shasta's soul destruction Release Recollection, so it's still resistance.

Xmark12 said:
  • Like I stated in a previous comment, high Incarnation users can sense whether someone is in an area, is alive, or just died, even if they're kilometers apart. It's more like a sense than anything, so I believe giving them Enhanced Senses would be fitting. The only ones I believe who have shown this are Alice and Bercouli, though there could definitely be more.
Kirito sensed Alice and another object who were literally on the other side of Underworld (1000-3000 km) before in Volume 18 (IIRC), and in Volume 19 or 20, he sensed a living object 10 km away from his palace.

Then War of Underworld/Star King Kirito would have extrasensory perception. Star Queen Asuna likely would have it too via scaling.

What do you guys think about the other feats? Shasta could definitely get a profile.

So extra items and positive effects to the SAO avatars (and possibly ALO?) would be:

• Cure Status Effect Inducements (Movement Slow, Stun/Fumble/Paralysis, Curse, Dizziness, Poison, Blindness, Body Part Loss Damage, Coma, Bleeding, Panic, Stomachache, Silencing) via Antidote Crystals and potions (though potions are over-time).
  • 100% HP Heal via Healing Crystal and HP Heal over time via potions.
  • Teleportation via Teleport & Corridor Crystals.
  • Either Supernatural Luck or limited Probability Manipulation (considering SAO actually uses probability to an extent for attacking, fumble and tumble chances, drop rate, etc., it's probably probability manip.).
  • Attract Hate (Aggro. Obviously NPCs only).
  • Statistics Amplification (ATK, DEF, & Knockback Effect increase. The Chant Skill gives a bonus to defense, poison resistance, and stun resistance).
The rest of the crystals are non-combat applicable.

As for Status Effect Inducements players can deal to their enemies:

• Movement Slow (Self explanatory)
  • Stun/Fumble/Paralysis (Fumble makes enemies drop their weapons. Stun is 10 seconds. Paralysis is 10 minutes)
  • Tumble (Humanoid monsters only)
  • Aggro (NPCs only)
  • Curse (Probably a general debuff)
  • Dizziness (Self explanatory)
  • Poison (Self explanatory)
  • Blindness (Self explanatory)
  • Body Part Loss Damage (Self explanatory)
  • Coma (Basically a knockout)
  • Bleeding (Self explanatory)
  • Panic (Fear Manipulation most likely)
  • Stomachache (Self explanatory)
  • Silencing (Stops people from talking, thus stopping them from using a Crystal's voice commands)
I also recommend SAO characters to also have type 2 Immortality just like SAO Tabletop, since even if their limbs and such are completely sliced off, there will only be Body Part Loss Damage for a short period of time before it ends. Hell, even in ALO, Sugou survived being chopped in half for pretty long, and so did Death Gun. The only reason why they died was because they were already at such low HP that the Body Part Loss Damage just did its thing. Hell, that one character from SAO Alternative: GGO didn't even flinch seeing both of her legs completely severed, and was just like "meh".

Also don't forget that Quick Change allows the user to switch out entire inventory sets or recall weapons that were disarmed from them within less than a second.

Man, SAO Progressive added a lot of stuff to indirectly buff SAO avatars. Not that I'm complaining though.

Woo, SAO avatars now have hax in the form of Status Effect Inducements!

A lot of them are pretty powerful too, like fear manip, obviously paralysis, poison, blindness, etc..

I mean, I don't think it needs a CRT thread since all of this doesn't seem controversial.

You know, up until I watched Markiplier dual wield chairs and immediately thought of the second OP, I forgot how much of a banger it was

Some of Kirito's VR matches need to be removed due to incarnation.

Kirito vs Link needs to be removed and Redone via kirito now having non physical interaction which was the reason kirito lost.

Some other matches might need removals aswell

"Mukuro Ikusaba (Danganronpa) Mukuro's profile (GGO Kirito was used. Speed was equalized)

Gazef Stronoff (Overlord) Gazef's Profile (Kingdom's Treasures Gazef, ALO Kirito was used. Speed equalized)

Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch) Mr. G&W's Profile (ALO Kirito and High 8-C Mr. Game & Watch was used)

Composite Link (The Legend of Zelda) Link's Profile (Kirito was 4-A and speed was equalized)"

And maybe his two inconclusives since kirito has more stuff now. Though I'm not sure it would change much in the ainz fight.

That's it I think.

Definitly wouldn't change the Ainz fight.

Gazef would still probably one-shot before Incarnation happens, though at the same time Incarnation did allow Kirito to stay alive and kill Heathcliff, so same thing can happen here and lead to an inconclusive.

Link vs Kirito is harder to decide now, so best to remake those.

Same with the others.

I want to do kirito vs Reinhard (From Re:Zero) because there's a huge chance kirito can get into isekai quartet. Though unfortunately kirito isn't City level nor Multi continental.

Any ideas?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm currently overseas and connection is horrible.

Kirito vs Rimuru

Kirito and Heathcliff (SAO) vs Naofumi and Rapthalia (BoS)

Maybe I'll think of some others later. It's quite late over where I'm at.

It would be really funny if kirito beat Rimuru but I thinks that's a stomp.

That's a good match though idk how it would go.

Alright

Naofumi and Raphtalia don't have their LN counterparts yet, though someone's working on them.

They could turn out to be 8-C or High 8-C from killing the giant whale in the wave at Cal Mira, but still not enough AP to take out Kirito and Heathcliff (also why Heathcliff? Asuna sounds like a better pick).

Also, they could also just jump to 7-A or higher after defeating the Spirit Turtle, who's the size of multiple mountains, so...

Back