• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (God of War) vs Arthas (Warcraft)

Ok, I'm editing my post. Ok, so after playing through god of war 1-3, I can assure you that arthas stomps. Infact, kratos isn't really jack shit toward em. Arthas wins this 9/1,unless kratos gets a power boost. Otherwise, kratos is dead.

Not just that but he has resistance to soul manipulation, and some soul manipulation of his own. Arthas is stronger, but Kratos has enough going for him to turn this in his favor. If Arthas can land at least a few hits, he'll win, but i'm not sure if he can close the gap unless Kratos bumrushes him. Kratos takes this mid diff due to his various haxes. High diff to a possible loss if he lets his anger get the better of him.

So uh....Kratos 60/40.

Preds43 said:
Also, he has been able to fight death gods beforehand anyway, all way more powerful than arthas.
I don't think he's fought a death god as powerful as Arthas. Arthas is vastly superior to Thrall who managed to hurt someone who could bust planets.

@Aldrecht, it's full gear for both.

People sure don't know a lot about Kratos and Arthas..

GoW's gods are quite weak and frail themselves. Kratos is not much compared to higher level characters. He couldn't beat Dante, Bayonetta or even high tier human characters from other media.

According to VS Wiki:

Kratos is Large Continent +. Arthas has faced people who are potential Planet Busters. Illidan is far superior to Kratos in every way, no matter how you see it, and he was beaten by a weaker version of Arthas ( Death Knight ). And even IF Kratos passed through everything, far superior magic, durability, strength and stamina, as a last resort, Arthas would use Fury of Frostmourne, and considering Kratos' greatest strategy is attacking without thinking, he'd be done in 10 seconds, and would fail to outrun Fury of Frostmourne due to it being as far as the top of Icecrown citadel, which is quite big. Kratos is dead before the battle starts, and don't even get me started with the fact that Arthas' armor is made of metals far superior than anything that Kratos has ever seen.

Arthas godstomps. 9/1, being kind. Maybe adding Deimos might give him a slight chance and make this 8/2, but considering they beat Thanatos with difficulty and losing Deimos, I doubt it.

EDIT: I played through GoW 1 all the way to GoW 3. I have no idea what hacks you are all talking about, Kratos is fairly weak. Please look at stats and research before creating topics with senseless spite.

Stefano4444 said:
When Illidan (or even everyone who had face Arthas) was been show or suggest to be a planet buster?
Illidan is comparable to Thrall.

Thrall managed to hurt Archimonde, who was going to completely "destroy' Draenor.

Aparajita said:
Stefano4444 said:
When Illidan (or even everyone who had face Arthas) was been show or suggest to be a planet buster?
Thrall managed to hurt Archimonde, who was going to completely "destroy' Draenor.
Wasnt that disproved or something here?

WeeklyBattles said:
Wasnt that disproved or something here?
It wasn't disproven or proven and this thread was made after the orginal thread was agreed by a majority of the staff.

Deathwing is multi contential via feats and it's stated that the leader's of the legion (meaning Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, hince the plural) are "greatly beyond the powers of all the aspects."

Furthermore, it states that Archimonde's power "Would rival Sargeras" if he would have devoured the magic of the World Tree. Either they're closer in power than we think or the World Tree is a... what, 4 tier-jump amp?

Aparajita said:
Deathwing is multi contential via feats and it's stated that the leader's of the legion (meaning Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, hince the plural) are "greatly beyond the powers of all the aspects."

Furthermore, it states that Archimonde's power "Would rival Sargeras" if he would have devoured the magic of the World Tree. Either they're closer in power than we think or the World Tree is a... what, 4 tier-jump amp?
What feats Deathwing has show for been Multi Continental?

For Archimonde, you even said that his power would rivel Sargeras if he would have devoured the magic of the World Tree, so normally he is not at the level of Sargeras.

Aparajita said:

Just because he said that he was going to destroy Draenor, doesn't automatically make him a planet buster, as it could only mean that he is just a life wiper (and even that, it doesn't automatically mean that he can do it with a single attack, as he could do it over time).

And about the GoW to be a weak verse, i don't think so, not when he had are Large Continent Level and Massively Hypersonic+ characters (with a good amount of hax), they're far from been weak.

Stefano4444 said:
I'm going to assume that you don't know very much about the verses in general. I'll explain.

Deathwing shattered Azeroth and nearly destroyed it simply by moving out of Deepholm into Azeroth itself. He re-shaped the entire world simply by tearing out of the ground. This feat was calculated at Multi-Cont.

Yes... If. That's what i said, i'm confused to what you're saying. Is the World Tree a 4 tier AMP? (From Multi-Cont, the lowest rating you could give Archimonde) to Galaxy level?

It has stated in novels that "The strongest of Eredar have destroyed planets." and just because it took the meteors "time" to land doesn't change the destructive capacity of the meterors. That's like saying the Nuclear Stockpile isn't where it's at because the missles won't all land at the same time.

I never said GoW was weak.

Aparajita said:
- I'm going to assume that you don't know very much about the verses in general.

While i'm not the bigger expert, i have play the original Warcraft III and his expansions and more or less i know the lore of the verse (even though i'm far from been an expert).

- Deathwing shattered Azeroth and nearly destroyed it simply by moving out of Deepholm into Azeroth itself. He re-shaped the entire world simply by tearing out of the ground. This feat was calculated at Multi-Cont.

Isn't tear a part/devastate the surface of the planet more like a Continent Level feat, than a Multi-Continent Level feat?

As for been Multi-Continental, Deathwing should have completely destroy the entire surface of Azeroth with a single attack, which wasn't the case as it was still intact in good part.

- Yes... If. That's what i said, i'm confused to what you're saying. Is the World Tree a 4 tier AMP? (From Multi-Cont, the lowest rating you could give Archimonde) to Galaxy level?

In the way you're explain, it seen like you're imply that just because the World Tree would AMP Archimonde and make him as strong as Sargeras, it must mean that normally Archimonde is a planet buster, which don't make so much sense.

- It has stated in novels that "The strongest of Eredar have destroyed planets." and just because it took the meteors "time" to land doesn't change the destructive capacity of the meterors. That's like saying the Nuclear Stockpile isn't where it's at because the missles won't all land at the same time.

Again, you cannot just speculate that they were trully busting those planets without more to back up, as they could have just life wipe those planets with the meteors, as standard asteroids (if this is what the Eredar were using) are not able to destroy a planet.

- I never said GoW was weak.

I was actually respond to the comment of Anderson2003.

I'd hand it to Arthas.

Stefano... Azeroth is multi-continent and it was torn apart, so... it is a multi-continental feat.Arthas is stronger than some planet busters. He wins here.

Azeroth wasn't be complete torn apart, what are you talking about?

He waster the surface, but he hasn't even trully destroy one single continent.

This was Azeroth before Cataclysm:

http://gallery-slides.mmoguildsites.com/img190177.png

This was Azeroth after Cataclysm:

http://www.quizz.biz/uploads/quizz/766493/orig/1.jpg?1402076645

I don't see anything that suggest Mult-Continental level of power for Deathwing.

And again, you cannot just said that they were going to bust the planets.

Not without evidence to back up their supposed planet busting capacities.

And currently it's looks like only the Titans could be able to trully destroy planets and more.

No? This was casual destruction that ranged across the multiple continents.

Only Titans? Here's a neat thing, a neat fact... there are titans in WoW, in fact Arthas has a few. They are miles beneath him. (Look up Storm Titan).

- "This was casual destruction that ranged across the multiple continents. "

It was still Deathwing's best feat for what i know, as then he hasn't show anything else.

- "in fact Arthas has a few."

Yeah no, i think that you're talking about this guys. Which are not actually titans.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Titanic_watcher

Stefano, let me try to explain.

Deathwing was trapped under the ground in Deepholm. So picture it like this. Just as you go out of a hole, you completely destroy the Golden Bridge just of the strength of you getting out of said hole. Deathwing is WAY more powerful than that. If he were to go full on into the planet, he would destroy it no doubts. He tore it apart with ABSOLUTELY no effort. Like a kid playing around with some toys and crushing them.

Now, Illidan is WAY stronger than Thrall. Illidan in his peak is comparable to Death Knight Arthas who was shown to be able to defeat one of Azeroth's greatest mages, Kael'Thas, the greatest Paladin to have ever lived, Uther and many others with astounding power. Many of which are equal or superior to Thrall who hurt Archimonde.

As a better way of explaining it, Lich King, the entity of Lich King, was created to kill someone stronger than Archimonde, that is Kil'Jaeden. Kil'Jaeden is easily a planet buster since he is around the same level as Deathwing.

Also, this is source questionable, but I remember reading in the forums of WoW that if Arthas was to use the full power of the Lich King, which he had to some extent, he wouldn't have fought the heroes of WoW. He'd have lifted his hand and the world would be doomed. Arthas IS comparable to Deathwing. The only reason he isn't 100% stronger than Deathwing is due to Deathwing's durability and agility being far greater than his. It is possible that if Arthas were to use his greatest attack on Deathwing while being close, he could've defeated him.

TL;DR: People in WoW are planet level. People in GoW are continet max level. Arthas wins. Quite a spite, actually. Check this if you need to: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/401132

Deathwing was trapped under the ground in Deepholm. So picture it like this. Just as you go out of a hole, you completely destroy the Golden Bridge just of the strength of you getting out of said hole. Deathwing is WAY more powerful than that.

Even if that was the case, the feat himself is still nowhere near Multi-Continental busting level, as no continents on Azeroth were trully be destroyed in the process.

Unless you want to pretend that wasting a thing = busting a thing, so i guess if i'm able to shake and/or damage a car, it means that i'm able to destroy a car with one strike?

Now, if Deathwing at his full power could trully be able to destroy the entire surfice of Azeroth (as there is no indication that he is a true planet buster), then Arthas would be probably around that level.

But remember that also Kratos is also rank at that level, as he should be able to physically match Atlas (the titan that could support the entire GoW world without too problems) and he is above gods like Poseidon (which death had cause a world wide flood).

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/atlas-lifts-the-world-gow.35595/

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Basilisk1995/The_flood_that_drowned_the_planet

This without take account that all his weapons and magic that he had, which would give him far more versatility and that he would be able to resist Arthas's soul absorption.

If he were to go full on into the planet, he would destroy it no doubts.

And again, what factual feats and/or statements do you had for be sure that Deathwing could trully bust a planet and not just destroy (or just life wipe) the surface of the latter?

What you said is just mere speculation based to nothing.

Also, this is source questionable, but I remember reading in the forums of WoW that if Arthas was to use the full power of the Lich King, which he had to some extent, he wouldn't have fought the heroes of WoW.

And those heroes are also Multi-Continental?

He'd have lifted his hand and the world would be doomed.

What evidence do you had to prove that this quote should be take literally?

And even that, how you can be sure that the quote is trying to imply planet busting level capacities for Arthas?

OK, it seems you won't EVER understand. Deathwing caused the Cataclysm, reshaping the planet and its continents, not busting them, through NO EFFORT AT ALL. Imagine causing the separation of the Pangaea through zero effort.

Yes, they are planet busters as Deathwing is tons of times superior to Murmur, a planet buster that is defeated by the Heroes of Azeroth.

The feats we have for Deathwing are easily defeating the 4 other Dragon Aspects, each that control a certain factor ( Magic, Time, Life and the Emerald Realm ) and stealing their power. Now note, that these dragons can, for instance, make you instantly old and decadent if they want and Deathwing overpowered them as if they are nothing. Deathwing was also shown to be completely immune to any physical or magical damage if not for weakening him with the Dragon Soul and Arthas could be compared to Deathwing.

Yes, these heroes are possibly Multi-Continental. Our troop of heroes in WoW are shown to take tons of enemies such as Murmur, a planet buster, Ragnaros, a casual Mountain Buster while he sneezes ( Ragnaros woke up casually destroying tons of mountains and he is stronger than Murmur ) , Illidan ( a rival to Arthas and far superior to Thrall, a Multi-Continental being who hurt Archimonde, a planet buster ) and the Lich King himself.

Also, if I recall, Atlas isn't even that strong. Also, holding the planet is nothing since Zeus defeated Atlas if I'm not mistaken and Kratos managed to defeat Zeus in the end of GoW3, noting that Zeus isn't even close to Planet buster level. Please, check their pages.

I have evidence reading it on a forum where people actually know what they're saying about WoW. I won't dig through the depths of the internet finding that one specific thread again, but if you want to know more about WoW and it seems you do not know anything, then check this and try to find more info about Warcraft chars and powers: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/984270/

For more info on the power of WoW guys, check this AGAIN since you apparently didn't read it: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/401132#29

Back