• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos vs Dante (16-8-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. So kratos only need to touch dante onces to win which is pretty much impossible given Dante's Instinctive Reaction feats against Void Mundus.

This means Dante has all the time in the world to go through his arsenal until something (sealing/BFR) sticks and finishes the fight

Kratos has his raw power and the divine magics he's amassed from others and held as the God of War, as his main arsenal in this key.

So like, assuming Dante dodges every touch of a god that's fought and killed blanket time manipulators, precognitive telepaths with space-time manipulation and beings far faster than him, what stops Kratos from just stripping him of his powers, just sucking him into another reality and forcing him to fight other Dantes, or attacking him mentally and killing him there via his godly powers?

Something something dodging Omnipresent Void Mundus's attacks via Instinctive Action or something.

Something something dodging Omnipresent Void Mundus's attacks via Instinctive Action or something.
1. That's not as great of a feat as is touted, seeing as it's not as though every square inch of space was actually filled with attacks in that scene. But that's neither here nor there and even if it was, wouldn't impact the fight due to the fact that;

2. Kratos' godly powers either have no travel time to speak of (power mimicry, absorption and nullification), don't care about physical location (mental attacks impacting the physical body) or just aren't something to conventionally dodge (pseudo-black holes to suck Dante that are capable of overcoming Immeasurable lifting strength).

1. That's not as great of a feat as is touted, seeing as it's not as though every square inch of space was actually filled with attacks in that scene. But that's neither here nor there and even if it was, wouldn't impact the fight due to the fact that;
But it was tho, not that it matters. The fact that Dante remains untouched is feat in and of itself.
So like, assuming Dante dodges every touch of a god that's fought and killed blanket time manipulators, precognitive telepaths with space-time manipulation and beings far faster than him, what stops Kratos from just stripping him of his powers, just sucking him into another reality and forcing him to fight other Dantes, or attacking him mentally and killing him there via his godly powers?
Dante has just as much good layers of power mull resistance if not more.

Dante has faught similar if not better precognitive/analytical prediction users. And has similarly faught people who have significant strength and speed advantage over him and still came out on top.

Time manip is useless here as well since Dante has similar layers.

Getting sucked into other reality and fighting other clones is not a problem when he can escape just as quickly using his own dimensional travel, either innate, or DSS or using Yamato Shard.

Psychic attacks will get laughed at by Dante, that's the last thing affecting him here.

And Dante has similarly good info analysis/sensory abilities for gauging strengths and quirks.

Not saying he loses or wins, but he isn't getting walked over lol.

Dante has just as much good layers of power mull resistance if not more.
Kratos has it stacked at the CM Type 1 level. Dante lost all that because of the CRTs, remember?

Dante has faught similar if not better precognitive/analytical prediction users. And has similarly faught people who have significant strength and speed advantage over him and still came out on top.
Nothing for that I suppose.

Time manip is useless here as well since Dante has similar layers.
Expected.

Getting sucked into other reality and fighting other clones is not a problem when he can escape just as quickly using his own dimensional travel, either innate, or DSS or using Yamato Shard.
I'd know, I was the one who found that feat.

Psychic attacks will get laughed at by Dante, that's the last thing affecting him here.
Does he resist anything like that at the CM Type 1 level? If not, Kratos ganks.

And Dante has similarly good info analysis/sensory abilities for gauging strengths and quirks.
No argument there.

Not saying he loses or wins, but he isn't getting walked over lol.
A lot of his shit is getting walked over tho, solely because he doesn't have the conceptual shit required to go toe-to-toe against Kratos anymore, all of whose abilities are now at that level as well as being 100% conceptual at the Type 1 level.

Kratos has it stacked at the CM Type 1 level. Dante lost all that because of the CRTs, remember?
He has CM type 1, cool and all but it doesn't make every single ability or resistance he has conceptual in nature
Does he resist anything like that at the CM Type 1 level? If not, Kratos ganks.

It's not that Dante can tank anything, it's that Kratos is simply unable to touch him
A lot of his shit is getting walked over tho, solely because he doesn't have the conceptual shit required to go toe-to-toe against Kratos anymore, all of whose abilities are now at that level as well as being 100% conceptual at the Type 1 level.
Hope is only stopping what it has shown to stop (those being mind, soul and physical damage and probably something else I'm missing) it doesn't mean his other resistances or abilities will be useful here as he is baseline in everything while Dante has everything at layered 5D powah

He has CM type 1, cool and all but it doesn't make every single ability or resistance he has conceptual in nature
Actually, yes, it does. GoW's magic system works that way. It amplifies all stats, powers, resistances and what-have-you to that specific level. Hope is no different. We already clarified this in the Arceus and Sonic threads.

Hope is only stopping what it has shown to stop (those being mind, soul and physical damage and probably something else I'm missing) it doesn't mean his other resistances or abilities will be useful here as he is baseline in everything while Dante has everything at layered 5D powah
Read above. Everything Kratos has now is amped to 5D as well as Type 1 Conceptual level.

Last edited:
Magic can already reach conceptual levels long before Hope is approached (Zeus and Athena's sealing, Primordials, general soul magic m, Dwarven forging etc.). Hope is no different and would amplify all of Kratos' being and magic to such an extent anyway, seeing as it's not just tied to one's body alone.

Not to mention even his base movements can harm Type 1 concept protected beings (himself for instance), let alone his magics.

Also like, can Dante even seal Kratos independently of Hope itself? He's protected from all harm by and embodies it. Not to mention, Athena, who'd sealed Hope before she ascended (granted it didn't really fight back) incapable of actually dealing with Kratos or sealing it forcibly.

Magic can already reach conceptual levels long before Hope is approached (Zeus and Athena's sealing, Primordials, general soul magic m, Dwarven forging etc.). Hope is no different and would amplify all of Kratos' being and magic to such an extent anyway, seeing as it's not just tied to one's body alone.
Most of that is type 3
Not to mention even his base movements can harm Type 1 concept protected beings (himself for instance), let alone his magics.

Also like, can Dante even seal Kratos independently of Hope itself? He's protected from all harm by and embodies it. Not to mention, Athena, who'd sealed Hope before she ascended (granted it didn't really fight back) incapable of actually dealing with Kratos or sealing it forcibly.
Why wouldn't he? Dante has already sealed bigger 5D shit in the past and his sealing also up scales from Sparda nor does Kratos or Hope have any resistance towards it

It's AoE BFR plus sealing.

Most of that is type 3
I was giving general conceptual examples. And some of it I'd Type 1 so this is a moot point anyway.
Why wouldn't he? Dante has already sealed bigger 5D shit in the past and his sealing also up scales from Sparda nor does Kratos or Hope have any resistance towards it
Something something the fact that it's a Type 1 concept and not just a fat 5-D chungus. Now, we have an on-screen sealing by Athena of a Low 1-C Type 1 concept. An Athena whose transcendental in power relative to when she did that was utterly unable to do the same to Kratos when the latter embodied it and was actively helpless when he refused to hand it over. Its not even a matter of forgetting she has sealing, she tells us that she sealed Hope away 30 seconds before we "try to kill her".

and it would take quite a bit after dante finally realizes he should bfr/seal
Has Dante ever actually resorted to sealing/BFR in a fight in canon? Genuinely asking, it just seems not in his nature.

So uh, someone brought something up that I forgot. Dante's not being tagged because he can basically dodge an AoE/omnipresent attack with his instincts right? Isn't that... basically what Hermes does? He can dodge the ApE light blast from Helios' noggin and Kratos has no issue with tagging him there let alone now.

if dantes layers are greater than kratos's

doesn't that mean fear hax gg
I can't believe I'm late for this bloody party. 🗿

Anyway... I don't think it will work, he is protected by the concept of Hope, and the concept of hope is immune and inviolable against all layered type 1 conceptual attacks. Which means he can't be harmed.

But the current discussing looks a little different.

Hermes can outrun Helios light, prevent any contact in the first place.

Dante dodged entire void while being inside it already, like swimming in water and not getting wet. It's like Chinese OP MC redux level stuff. It's ******** but it is what it is.

Kratos can tag Dante, but helios/hermes is a poor arguement, there's a much better one. But since I can't leave Tony alone argueing for Dante, I will leave Kratos side arguements to you two.

Hermes can outrun Helios light, prevent any contact in the first place.
Considering the blast covered the entire arena he was trapped in, I don't think he'd have room to just run away from the range.
Dante dodged entire void while being inside it already, like swimming in water and not getting wet. It's like Chinese OP MC redux level stuff. It's ******** but it is what it is.
I mean he did but in principle, it's dodging an Area-of-Effect blast. In that example for instance, it'd hold the same whether it was a pool or the Mediterranean.
Kratos can tag Dante, but helios/hermes is a poor arguement, there's a much better one.
Did you mean Heimdall?
But since I can't leave Tony alone argueing for Dante, I will leave Kratos side arguements to you two.
Caught in the middle.

And since when did the word [REDACTED] start getting censored?
For a while now. Yeah, I know but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the blast covered the entire arena he was trapped in, I don't think he'd have room to just run away from the range.
Fair, but realistically there's still blind spots and gaps he would use to avoid it, Setting aside boss A.I.

Same breathing room wasn't available to Dante.

I mean he did but in principle, it's dodging an Area-of-Effect blast. In that example for instance, it'd hold the same whether it was a pool or the Mediterranean.
Size isn't really factor as much as " Blast already went off on him and covered him" but still didn't get tagged.

Did you mean Heimdall?
It's a Primordial. Same situation as Dante vs Void Mundus but on a redux level.

Caught in the middle.
Fr
For a while now. Yeah, I know but it is what it is.
I mean as long as I ain't saying it to someone. I guess A.I isn't advanced enough to recognise grammar and context. Nvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back