• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kumo desu ga Volume 14 Revisions

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
So, I just noticed that apparently I never did the revision for the last volume. Whoops. Time to take care of that.

Black Bullets​

Not very notable, but a new darkness conjuring technique
Then I speed ahead, and before the robots even come into visible range, I activate a conjuring. Black bullets sail straight toward the robot corps. As soon as they hit, the robots go down, falling apart immediately.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.46). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

BFR​

Self-explanatory
It doesn’t seem like he’s done anything like that yet, but I’ll feel better if I make sure they’re safe before he gets a chance to try. So I arrive in the area where the reincarnations are being held, and pop them all into a separate dimension without a word. I’m guessing they’ll have no idea what’s going on.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.72). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

Portal Shield​

New space magic technique
So yeah. I activate a spatial conjuring. And I pop all those bullets right into a separate dimension. Or rather, I just open up an entrance for them to fly right in of their own accord. Sent into an empty space, the bullets just whiz around aimlessly, never hitting anything.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.95). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

Spatial Slash​

New space manip technique
Dimension Cutter is a special finishing move that uses spatial conjuring to divide up the space that the enemy is occupying, creating an unblockable slashing attack!

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.137). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

Meteor Bullets and Looping Vacuum Dimension​

No new ability, I think, but techniques to add:
powerful bullets are what you might call meteors. Yep. Meteors. Giant chunks that I dropped toward the surface of the planet from outer space. Physically speaking, I made them out of legendary-class monsters. You know, the ones I had Vampy and Mr. Oni and friends hunting to recover energy and level themselves up. I picked some that seemed particularly durable and made them into bullets. Frankly, I didn’t even worry about how they looked, since it doesn’t matter anyway. As long as they’re sturdy, anything goes. They also have to be able to withstand the overheating that occurs when they reenter the atmosphere, though. That ruined a couple contenders. So, I take the bullets that meet those requirements, teleport them into space, and let them drop onto the planet. As long as they’re not so far out that they get caught in orbit, they’ll fall of their own accord once they’re teleported. The problem is how to catch the bullets once they’ve fallen. Otherwise, they’ll just crash right into the ground. So how do I catch them exactly? Well, I beat them to the spot where they’re going to fall, and drop them into a separate dimension right before they land. Specifically, an empty vacuum dimension that just goes in a straight line and loops around in a circle.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.142-143). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

Sound attack​

Impact of the meteor bullets is loud enough to be an attack of its own
The meteor bullet lands a direct hit on the sea urchin! It’s so loud it practically ruptures my eardrums, to the point where I’d even call it more of a shock wave than a sound. Gaaaah! My eeeears! What the hell was that?!

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.188). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

Better Energy Absorption​

Now that LN version finally has the Evil Eyes of Gluttony, she is very close to being WN version in better... honestly, she might already be.
Activate Gluttonous Evil Eye! This is a new Evil Eye I developed after becoming a god. Its ability is modeled after the Demon Lord’s Gluttony skill, hence the naming scheme. Basically, it absorbs energy from the target. Any conjuring that enters my line of sight can be broken down into energy and absorbed. Strictly speaking, the anti-technique barrier around the sea urchin is itself a kind of conjuring. A conjuring that obstructs and dispels other conjurings. That’s all the barrier really is. In which case, you just need to develop a conjuring to erase a conjuring…that erases other conjurings.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.190). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

Attack Reflection via Portals​

One can probably list attack reflection for that? With explanation of course.
One of its corners starts glowing. Is that a w*ve motion gun? ’Cause it sure looks like a w*ve motion gun! Just as I suspected, after a moment, the light forms a dense laser beam and fires right at me. Yeah, yeah, into my parallel dimension it goes. Aaand now I’ll send it right back atcha! A gate to an empty parallel dimension appears right in front of me and sucks up the laser. Then I create another gate right next to it so that the laser comes flying back out toward the pyramid. Any space manipulator worth her salt would think of a move like this! The thing where you connect two portals to fire a long-distance attack back at your enemy! The pyramid’s own laser beams toward it. But, as I probably should’ve guessed, the pyramid has a barrier that deflects the laser in a flash of dazzling light. This one seems to be a combination of an anti-technique barrier with a reflector, maybe?

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.251). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

Death Star Laser​

Alright, so this feat:
The laser bounces off the barrier and branches off in all directions, every scattered piece of light vaporizing whatever it hits. …Yeesh, that thing is waaay too strong. Seriously, what’s up with that? It totally annihilated the ground wherever it hit… I’m not even talking craters here; they’re basically just gaping holes. Are you planning on physically destroying the planet now? I thought it was a w*ve motion gun, but it’s basically the superlaser from the D*ath Star. How much energy must it cost just for a single shot of that thing?

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.251-252). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.
I thought we should talk about it.
Personally, I would say that this is probably not really planet level. But one could read it as such.
So I would suggest to not take it into account until we get feats more in the direction... but I could also see how one could argue against that.

Spatial Spiderweb technique​

A crack appears in space above where the pyramid and sea urchins are floating. It spreads out in the shape of a spiderweb, covering the air above the elf village. Then countless eyes peer down through the cracks. Countless eyes, all gazing down at the earth. It’s my clones, using Gluttonous Evil Eye. The creepy-crawly crowd of spider eyes unleashes the attack simultaneously, devouring the energy of the pyramid and the sea urchins. The pyramid and sea urchins all unload anti-aircraft fire, but they’re thwarted by the spiderweb-shaped space, preventing any attacks from reaching the clones. Well, yeah. I used Spatial Separation on the whole setup. Nothing’s getting in there. Their energy drained, the sea urchins drop to the ground. That’s what happens when I go all out. I use my spatial abilities to the fullest, have countless clones hiding out in an alternate-dimension “home,” and suck up all your energy with Gluttonous Evil Eye.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.253). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.
Another space manip technique to add.

Some level of soul resistance?​

The statement isn't as clear as the WN equivalent, but the bigger god souls that can't be easily destroyed still seem to be indicated in a way that should be interpretable as some soul resistance.
I’m using a level 10 Heresy Magic spell. It’s called Rend Soul. Heresy Magic directly affects the target’s soul, and Rend Soul is a spell that destroys souls entirely. And I’m hitting the Omega with it from the inside. The Omega struggles wildly, smacking me in the side. I hear the unpleasant snap of a cheekbone breaking as I’m sent flying away from the Omega. Immediately, I land on my feet, braced for another attack. But instead, it’s keeping its distance too, on high alert. Looks like my attack worked, then. I knew it would, of course. Energy is stored in the soul. Without the vessel of the soul, the energy would leak away. Gods have especially large souls that can hold massive amounts of energy. In order to kill a god, you have to either destroy the vessel of their soul or get them to use up all the energy within it.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.263-264). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.
This is supported by Gülie, the god closest to Kumoko's level, being stated to need several hundred of such attacks to be taken down.
Plus, if he wanted to use it against Gülie, teaching Heresy Magic to one or two elves wouldn’t be nearly enough. He’d probably need several hundred elves to use it together for it to come anywhere near taking Gülie down.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.264). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

Telepathy​

Kumoko aka. White should have it.
“If you’re done, come outside.” A voice echoes directly in my head. A message from White, maybe? I wish she wouldn’t casually do things like that when the anti-technique barrier is still in effect.

Baba, Okina. So I'm a Spider, So What?, Vol. 14 (light novel) (So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)) (S.267). Yen Press. Kindle-Version.

I think I agree with most things here, including the Soul resistance stuff; I think that can be scaled to Gulie based on how god physiology works in this verse.

With that said, I'm really not seeing the wave motion gun thing being planet level. It reads to me more as just being really strong and looking similar to the Death Star, so it just gets name dropped. I don't think that's any reason to scale it to such directly.

Back