• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kusuo Saiki Possible downgrade

first: Reality warping is not being used directly in Saiki, but in the universe, where the number 100 is constantly appearing as "coiencidences", so it makes no sense for it to have resistance to reality warping when it has never been used in it.
Second: Why the hell does this give resistance to Plot Manipulation? There is absolutely nothing here saying that the author tried to do such a thing or anything that involves Plot Manipulation. There is nothing that indicates plot manipulation here, no lines or statements that the author changed the plot, used mind manipulation or anything like that, this could very well be just a random event that happens in the verse, just like the looping temporal in which Kusuo Saiki suddenly became trapped.

My point: Reality warping was used in-universe, and not directly on Saiki, so there's no reason for him to gain resistance to such a thing when it was never used on him. And there is nothing to indicate Plot Manipulation here.
Resistance to Plot Manipulation should be removed due to lack of evidence, and Resistance to Reality Warping would be removed for the reasons I mentioned.

Sight energy was accepted as 5D, which escalated to psy energy due to the fact that Saiki "used it to equate the effects of sight energy". There are some problems with that.

Sight Energy, even though it is already accepted as 5D, was used to join two 4D worlds, which is obviously a 4D feat.

Why is this a problem? Simple: The Sight Energy regardless of being 5D or not, just brought two 4D worlds together, Saiki joined forces with someone do exactly the same thing as the Sight Energy, which is STILL a 4D feat, he just created a distortion like Sight Energy, he did not equate them.

“Do you know the energy called ‘sight’?”

I don’t know that word. Though I think I’ve seen “psy” used before.

I look at this world’s Saiki Kusuo, who shakes his head as well.

“You don’t know it, huh? Then allow me to explain! ‘Sight’ is an ability born out of a feeling of distress or uneasiness generated in this world’s supreme observers. In other words, it’s an energy transferred from the reader’s brain to the book the moment they get the feeling that something’s off.”

Huh. I see. I don’t understand a thing.

“It’s energy that exists in a completely different dimension from superpowers. I’m sure it must be hard to conceptualize. A full explanation of ‘sight’ energy would be too complicated, so for now, allow me to answer why I’m here in the first place. As the novelization progressed, this world has been shifting off-axis little by little. I used this ‘sight’ energy to infiltrate this novel and come to this world. Though I was caught and questioned by the police at first. Then I let one year go by, and that’s how we got here.”

This newly-serialized story’s protagonist just admitted that he’s been arrested by the police. Is everyone alright with that?

“That’s right, didn’t you notice several of Asou’s characters sprinkled throughout this world? They were part of a ritual of sorts. I used the ‘sight’ energy to make the boundaries between universes hazy. And then put all of those worlds together once I had gathered enough energy. There might be characters from all sorts of universes hiding in plain sight everywhere!” he says and then laughs maniacally.

“So that’s ‘sight’ energy!”

(You're right... Let's give it a try)

Alright, let's use our "psy" instead of "sight"... Let's do this.

We both open our eyes wide. Saiki Kusuo and I open our arms and combine our powers. This is a power that can connect one world with another. We can create a distortion just like Haganeno did with "sight" earlier. Of course, I've never done this before, and I wouldn't be able to do it normally, even without my limiter.

If I were alone, that is.

However, right now I have me by my side. An esper, Saiki Kusuo. The most reliable person there is. I'm sure we can make the impossible possible together.

Saiki Kusuo and I create a pale blue energy that begins floating in the air, just like the distortion from earlier.

Hurry up. We don't have much time.

At no point does it say that Saiki equated both energies, used one to cancel out the other or anything like that, just that Saiki used Psy Energy to create a distortion similar to what was done with sight energy, which is still a 4D feat.

So I don't see why Psy Energy would be 5D.

Sight Energy, like Psy Energy, does not seem to have a specific scale, we have statements that a certain amount of Sight Energy is needed to perform a feat (being said that it is necessary to have a certain amount of Sight Energy to join several 4D worlds), just as we have a statement that with enough Psy Energy it is possible to create a distortion like the one Haganeno did, which makes it very obvious that both Sight Energy and Psy Energy do not have a specific scale of 4D or 5D, but rather that with a certain amount of any of them it is possible to perform such feats, where they have feats at most 4D.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Sight Energy because of R>F is a 5D Energy which is also the source of Saikis powers. This was already discussed in that CRT linked and this CRT does not add any kind of new arguments, if I am mistaken please specify the new arguments you came up with.

Sight Energy because of R>F is a 5D Energy which is also the source of Saikis powers. This was already discussed in that CRT linked and this CRT does not add any kind of new arguments, if I am mistaken please specify the new arguments you came up with.
Both in the profile, CRT, and in AP's explanation, it says that Saiki uses Psy Energy, not Sight Energy.
And I don't see how these are things mentioned in the previous topic, nothing I'm talking about here was mentioned in the previous topic.
All arguments are in the OP, they are direct and simple.

Last edited:
Both in the profile, CRT, and in AP's explanation, it says that Saiki uses Psy Energy, not Sight Energy.
Psy Energy is equal or superior to Sight Energy.
And I don't see how these are things mentioned in the previous topic, nothing I'm talking about here was mentioned in the previous topic.
All arguments are in the OP, they are direct and simple.
All the arguments were already argued in other CRTs. I dont see anything new here expect this has less information about the Energies.

Psy Energy is equal or superior to Sight Energy.
See what is in the arguments themselves, Psy Energy is being compared to Sight Energy because of a 4D feat, where it creates a distortion to separate the worlds, it is not because Sight Energy did a 4D feat that repeating it with another energy would make it worse the energy equivalent to Sight Energy.

See what is in the arguments themselves, Psy Energy is being compared to Sight Energy because of a 4D feat, where it creates a distortion to separate the worlds, it is not because Sight Energy did a 4D feat that repeating it with another energy would make it worse the energy equivalent to Sight Energy.
Sight Energy would have overpowered Saikis Psy Energy if it was stronger, Our Saiki would have lost if his Psy Energy didnt scale

Sight Energy would have overpowered Saikis Psy Energy if it was stronger, Our Saiki would have lost if his Psy Energy didnt scale
When is energy used directly in Saiki?
At what point does Psy Energy overpower Sight Energy or at what point are they equivalent?

Last edited:
Back