• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lancer(5) vs Oko Yushima(3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that kido literally restraint hand.

If we're going that way then Yushima has way to get close with teleport or even open the portal to dangai to reach lancer's location because that's his thing. And considering the fight in seireitei so he has home field advantage.

I mean, it'll be too OOC for Lancer to just use Gae Bolg on random dude from miles away, and considering in his fight with Assassin in heavens feel movie, he literally chase the Assassin through out the city and only use the spear when it's too late and he can just use Gae Bolg while Assassin is running away from far away. But he doesn't.

That fortress is fortress of energy that absorb surrounding energy to sustain it self and said has enough energy to destroy soul society. And reigai captains literally sacrificed them self to prevent the fortress to complete.

But ehh I digress. Already give my vote and I don't thing I can convice you anytime soon, and I got a class soon anyway so yeah, good day.

Dat Dot said:
he's lancer, not archer.
You sure about that Dot? I mean he could throw that spear from afar.

@Gar

Throwing it doesn't really work if it just gets copied or the magic gets absorbed. Plus going for the throw is pretty ooc for Lancer. The guy wants to have a good fight and isn't being rushed like he was against TA.

going for the throw is pretty ooc for Lancer. The guy wants to have a good fight and isn't being rushed like he was against TA.

Saber, he threw his lance, Archer, he threw his Lance, Gilgamesh he threw his Lance

Literally every servant fight he used his noble Phantasm

Are you sure?

Dat Dot said:
I mean, it'll be too OOC for Lancer to just use Gae Bolg on random dude from miles away, and considering in his fight with Assassin in heavens feel movie, he literally chase the Assassin through out the city and only use the spear when it's too late and he can just use Gae Bolg while Assassin is running away from far away. But he doesn't
Actually both of his hands are behind his back but his wrists are still open so.....

Movie isn't canon, invalid point.

Second, that really doesn't tell me how good it is, it's obviously not a basic shield, but I know nothing of its potency and he doesn't resist causality.

Gargoyle One said:
Saber, he threw his lance, Archer, he threw his Lance, Gilgamesh he threw his Lance

Literally every servant fight he used his noble Phantasm

Are you sure?
When did he use Soaring Spear against Saber? Because I only remember Barbed Spear being used. He didn't need to even throw it against Archer and Gilgamesh was off screen so we don't know what happened for those 12 hours beyond GoB spam and Lancer dying.

If he throws the spear at Oko, it gets copied and BFR'd which is a pretty bad thing for him since all he has left are Runes. Runes which get absorbed. Cu only has one way to win and that is Barbed Spear while Oko has BFR, teleport blitz, Bakudo to restrain and knock out, Hado, and copying attacks.

Soaring Spear is Gae Bolg

Literally the first fight they had he threw it.

And saying "He didn't even need to throw it" only further proves he would throw it, so.

No, Gae Bolg is both the Barbed and Soaring Spear.

It takes on different names depending on which effect is being utilized. The Barbed Spear is what he used against Saber and is the causality-reverser. The Soaring Spear is what he used against Archer and is just an unblockable carpet-bomber.

What Jordan said.

Having been the one to try and add in scans for those of the FSN cast by reading (watching YT vids) of FSN, I can assure that he's only been shown to use one variation of his Gae Bolg against said few of those that Anon explained. At no point have I ever seen Cu ever throwing or using Soaring Spear version against Saber and he never used Barbed Spear version against Archer either although it had to do with Archer being Archer and just being smug as heck to make him use that rather than pierce his heart with it. And Gil ofc is a complete unknown of which he used against him beyond dodging GoB spams with PfA.

Just for clarification or repetition of it here.

Edit/Add: Not saying I'm a smartass or anyone else is not smart or just incorrect on this, more to...well I guess correct something that actually happened in the VN to here.

no chu tried to use barbed version on archer but interupted by shirou. he usually go for the barbed 1st but if his enemy is playing safe(like archer) he gonna go for the throw for sure

Hmm. Don't think I remember that part. When was that at?

As for this fight, looking through here it all depends what Oko does that may make Cu use Barbed Spear or Soaring Spear. If he gets back enough, Cu won't be able to use it or have the necessary range to perfectly pierce his heart through with. Close enough while also pressuring Cu and yes, pretty sure Cu would definitely start to use Barbed Spear then.

Hard for me to say anymore of this here atm, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back