• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's try something different (God of War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thread about Yggdrasil didn't do so well, so this time I'll talk about something different that may or may not support a Low 1-C upgrade. Now I will talk about something from the greek saga.

Chaos was both the primordial goddess and the primordial void, both of which existed before the creation of time. It's in this void that all the realms in the greek GoW universe would be born.

These greek realms not only possess infinite space (the mortal world and the underworld have multiple statements of being infinite, with the other realms being just as large) but also infinite time (time in GoW is often described to stretch into eternity, which is supported by Word of God), which flows differently in each of them just like the norse pantheon's 9 Realms.

Just like the previous thread, this would indicate that Chaos is a realm with an additional dimensional axis when compared to the lesser infinite realms/spacetimes that were born inside it (it's stated the war lasted an eternity, so it's likely it possessed it's own unique form of a time axis that preceded conventional 4D time). This superiority might as well be transcendent, as time has been stated to be a meaningless concept to Primordials like Gaia and, by extension, her mother Chaos (both the goddess and the realm).

Should this accepted, the scaling would go like this.

- Uranus conquered and brought order to the realm of Chaos, and also won the primordial war, which would also include defeating the Primordial who was embodiment of this realm.

- Ourea was strong enough to draw blood from Chaos (and apparently also tear a chunk of her face). Moments before, Chaos was strong enough to tear off his arm with her own punch.

- And of course, we already know that Primordials < Titans < Olympians =< Kratos

Last edited:
This is even worse than last time.

The last thread about Yggdrasil didn't do so well, so this time I'll talk about something different that may or may not support a Low 1-C upgrade. Now I will talk about something from the greek saga.

Chaos was both the primordial goddess and the primordial void, both of which existed before the creation of time. It's in this void that all the realms in the greek GoW universe would be born.
At best this just grants Chaos Void Manip (Which I agree with) and grants the Primordials Advanced NPI, but that's it. That's all you'll get out of it. That and it's been relegated for an upcoming GoW CRT.

These greek realms not only possess infinite space (the mortal world and the underworld have multiple statements of being infinite, with the other realms being just as large) but also infinite time (time in GoW is often described to stretch into eternity, which is supported by Word of God), which flows differently in each of them just like the norse pantheon's 9 Realms.
These are completely irrelevant to obtaining Tier 1. This is not how you obtain higher existential superiority.

Just like the previous thread, this would indicate that Chaos is a realm with an additional dimensional axis when compared to the lesser infinite realms/spacetimes that were born inside it (it's stated the war lasted an eternity, so it's likely it possessed it's own unique form of a time axis that preceded conventional 4D time).
Yeah no. Not even one bit. That's not how we do Tier 1 shenanigans. At best the Primordials would get 4-D HDE due to being the incarnations of the fundamental aspects of nature that dwarf entire universes (Another topic which has been relegated to the aforementioned upcoming GoW CRT), but that on its own isn't enough to grant Tier 1 in the least bit. Why? Because none of this implies existential superiority, which if you forgot in the last thread, you need blatant statements for.

Also the only person in all of GoW ever acknowledged to even come close to reaching proper higher existential superiority is Athena, who exists above and beyond the Greek Pantheon due to her selfless sacrifice that made her ascended to a higher level of existence which is also a level of higher power which corrupted her as per Cory himself, and even then it wouldn't grant her Low 1-C without further details on said transcendence and its mechanics.

This superiority might as well be transcendent, as time has been stated to be a meaningless concept to Primordials like Gaia and, by extension, her mother Chaos (both the goddess and the realm).
This is in reference to their Acausality and them predating time itself, and being unbound by its laws. Doesn't mean that it indicates existential superiority tho, that they exist on a level of existence infinitely higher than time itself. Nothing here shows that.

Overall, I reject this CRT in its entirety. At this point I am tempted to make a discussion rule for GoW preventing further discussion of attempting to upgrade it to Tier 1 until and unless we have proper solid evidence that implies higher existential superiority, and until and unless we get further elaboration on Ascended Athena and the Green Rift in Ragnarok.

@Planck69 @Theglassman12 @GilverTheProtoAngelo You can handle this on your own.

Last edited:

True. This'd likely give her Void Manipulation and Nonexistent Physiology but little else.
True. But this is just reiterating that the Greek Primordial Realms are their own space-time continuums.
Just like the previous thread, this would indicate that Chaos is a realm with an additional dimensional axis when compared to the lesser infinite realms/spacetimes that were born inside it (it's stated the war lasted an eternity, so it's likely it possessed it's own unique form of a time axis that preceded conventional 4D time). This superiority might as well be transcendent, as time has been stated to be a meaningless concept to Primordials like Gaia and, by extension, her mother Chaos (both the goddess and the realm).
Yeah, no. Time and space explicitly didn't exist during that war. Even if they did, you'd have to prove that the Greek Realms are embedded in said timeline as objects.

Now that it's been rejected, any thoughts about making a rule prohibiting Tier 1 GoW threads until and unless we get further evidence for it? Any suggestions as to how to word it?

Now that it's been rejected, any thoughts about making a rule prohibiting Tier 1 GoW threads until and unless we get further evidence for it? Any suggestions as to how to word it?
I'm mostly neutral on it. We've seen the Yggdrasil attempts, what 3 times since the downgrade? And this is admittedly the first Greek one we've had. It doesn't seem to be too spammed to me.

This is even worse than last time.

At best this just grants Chaos Void Manip (Which I agree with) and grants the Primordials Advanced NPI, but that's it. That's all you'll get out of it. That and it's been relegated for an upcoming GoW CRT.

These are completely irrelevant to obtaining Tier 1. This is not how you obtain higher existential superiority.

Yeah no. Not even one bit. That's not how we do Tier 1 shenanigans. At best the Primordials would get 4-D HDE due to being the incarnations of the fundamental aspects of nature that dwarf entire universes (Another topic which has been relegated to the aforementioned upcoming GoW CRT), but that on its own isn't enough to grant Tier 1 in the least bit. Why? Because none of this implies existential superiority, which if you forgot in the last thread, you need blatant statements for.

Also the only person in all of GoW ever acknowledged to even come close to reaching proper higher existential superiority is Athena, who exists above and beyond the Greek Pantheon due to her selfless sacrifice that made her ascended to a higher level of existence which is also a level of higher power which corrupted her as per Cory himself, and even then it wouldn't grant her Low 1-C without further details on said transcendence and its mechanics.

This is in reference to their Acausality and them predating time itself, and being unbound by its laws. Doesn't mean that it indicates existential superiority tho, that they exist on a level of existence infinitely higher than time itself. Nothing here shows that.

Overall, I reject this CRT in its entirety. At this point I am tempted to make a discussion rule for GoW preventing further discussion of attempting to upgrade it to Tier 1 until and unless we have proper solid evidence that implies higher existential superiority, and until and unless we get further elaboration on Ascended Athena and the Green Rift in Ragnarok.

@Planck69 @Theglassman12 @GilverTheProtoAngelo You can handle this on your own.
Let's add what you said fits first, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back