• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link (Breath of the Wild) Vs. Asta (Pre-Timeskip)

It's the opposite actually, while it's true that Ancient Arrows are more effective on Guardians, that's only compared to normal arrows against them (which do **** all).

An Ancient one used against like, anything else, sends that ****** to the shadow realm.

wait what does this mean?

Yes I've played the game, but I've never used Ancient Arrows on any enemy outside of bosses and guardians so idk how it works on other enemies.

Regadless Asta has powernull so the arrows won't do any damage
He can't powernull weapons imbued or summoned by magic

its called Ancient Technology because it was from the past, but it still fall from Magic.
That like Link using ancient tool staff and shooting Fire.

That like Link using ancient tool staff and shooting Fire.

Don't wanna be that dude but, something shooting fire isn't inherently magic, a lighter or a flamethrower ain't magic.
Also Zelda actually does have some pretty high tech stuff that isn't magic, like Beamos, actual machine guns and missiles and literal robots that run on electricity.

Don't wanna be that dude but, something shooting fire isn't inherently magic, a lighter or a flamethrower ain't magic.
Also Zelda actually does have some pretty high tech stuff that isn't magic, like Beamos, actual machine guns and missiles and literal robots that run on electricity.

let just go with their stats k they met 1 ft away and Slashing down their swords..

Striking Strength of Link is on Island
Striking Strength of Asta is on Large Island

Now it all come down to Durability who will survive from being cut. Island vs Large Island durability..
Speed is Equal so they will hit each other.

Not how matches work lad, also the Master Sword has stupidly high durability.
cuz of game right? then go play Black Clover game. i tell that his sword also have insane high durability. It never needed a repair. where in Breath of Wild u have to repair otherwise ur weapon break LeL!

Master Sword, not the ******* random trash you find laying around.
And no because of feats, Master Sword's durability is way, way, beyond tier 6, pretty sure it's at least High 6-A in the exaton range.

Master Sword, not the ******* random trash you find laying around.
And no because of feats, Master Sword's durability is way, way, beyond tier 6, pretty sure it's at least High 6-A in the exaton range.

If it was Exaton Range the Master Sword. Why is that I have it and everytime I Swing Master Sword it couldn't even dent the ground or grass at that Exaton range u claiming.

Because it's a video game and they're not gonna have you annihilate everything every time you swing, this applies for, literally every game ever made.
Also I said durability, I didn't say AP.

Because it's a video game and they're not gonna have you annihilate everything every time you swing, this applies for, literally every game ever made.
Also I said durability, I didn't say AP.
Exactly its a game that why you claim is Durability is supa strong. I could also say the same thing on game Black Clover its super high durability cuz it doesnt need any repair..see where is this going? but on Breath of Wild the Master Sword have energy and once it depleted you have to stash it on your inventory as its un-usable for 10mins.

Asta Sword never broke in manga or game.

I'm claiming that because it has feats that put it on that caliber, it has nothing to do with gameplay or game mechanics. You do know the wiki works right? There's feat, calcs, scaling, and so on, whether it's a game, manga or what not.

Also the 10m thing is literally a game mechanic.

I'm claiming that because it has feats that put it on that caliber, it has nothing to do with gameplay or game mechanics. You do know the wiki works right? There's feat, calcs, scaling, and so on, whether it's a game, manga or what not.

Also the 10m thing is literally a game mechanic.

lel talk about durability claiming its strong because using game mechanic (The only weapon that does not need repair) so its strong durability.. now i also used game mechanic from Black Clover that sword is also unbreakable it because its same shit doesnt need repair.

Ever since Asta had that sword when he was still a noob and his opponent had a strength city to island level...that sword cant even be scratch.
That would be Elf Arc Asta the key of asta I'm using is before the Elf invasion

I am pretty sure the Elf Invasion happened in Arc 9 was consider as Time Skip as it was stated 6 months later...

And in Arc 8 - Asta Sword was tanking this guy attack. So if this guy cant even Dent Asta Sword, what make you think Link Sword can destroy Asta Sword without using Game Mechanic.

lel talk about durability claiming its strong because using game mechanic (The only weapon that does not need repair) so its strong durability.. now i also used game mechanic from Black Clover that sword is also unbreakable it because its same shit doesnt need repair.
Except I'm not using game mechanics genius, I'm using the fact it can withstand the force of blows without breaking that can damage or contend with attacks that can wipe out countries, if not the planet's surface. Such as being able to get into binds with Ganondorf, being able to clash with him without snapping in half, for example, here. The Master Sword in BOTW may be weaker in offense, but its durability isn't magically so.

It has literally nothing to do with game mechanics, you're literally just talking out your ass now, cease, I can see that you're new here but stop before you become a repeat of the last dude who did this shit and got permabanned.

Last edited:
Actually why the **** are we even talking about this, the only reason it was brought up is because you randomly decided that they're going to crosscounter from 1foot away no matter what, needless to say, that isn't happening, they start 15m away, they have other shit they're gonna do, and they're both not so dumb as to enforce an exchange like that without doing anything else or trying to dodge. Hell Link has perception manip so it wouldn't work anyway.

Last edited:
Asta should be able to dodge Link's arrows with ease, unless he goes into the air, then that's a whole different story.

Although once he's in the air, he's vulnerable to Asta who can fly and home into him.

I really do think this match is alot closer than one would think.

In terms of swordsmanship, I think Asta might have the edge. With an ongoing CRT (unless it's concluded) he should definitely be better than Link in that regard. Then again with his reactions, and Time Slow it could really go either way.

For now put my vote for incon

idk skill wise Link is pretty based, dude randomly got selected as a champion because he ***** on the whole kingdom without much effort. He's also defeated dudes like the Monks.

Link having a res if he dies that comes back once like every 20m, forcefields, lightning aoe stuff, and a whole slew of weapons and items which would include things like fairies to heal and stuff might give him an edge imo.

But at the same time I know **** all about Black Clover so I won't be voting regardless.

Yeah

Asta has been able to take in swordsmanship skills from every swordsman he's met and assimilate them into his own style and adapt to better his own, so I wouldn't be surprised if Asta just copies Link's swordsmanship.

Yeah

Asta has been able to take in swordsmanship skills from every swordsman he's met and assimilate them into his own style and adapt to better his own, so I wouldn't be surprised if Asta just copies Link's swordsmanship.
But link can arrow spam and use toruks protection to tank 3 of Asta attacks

But link can arrow spam and use toruks protection to tank 3 of Asta attacks
Asta can also dodge?

Also yeah Daruk's Protection exists, but iirc it doesn't even completely nullify damage + he can use it 3 times before it going into cooldown, so Asta can just hack and slash a few times until it goes into cool down.

Now that you've reminded me of Daruk... Link also has the 3 other beasts huh.. they will all definitely pose an issue for Asta, especially Mipha's Grace

Except I'm not using game mechanics genius, I'm using the fact it can withstand the force of blows without breaking that can damage or contend with attacks that can wipe out countries, if not the planet's surface. Such as being able to get into binds with Ganondorf, being able to clash with him without snapping in half, for example, here. The Master Sword in BOTW may be weaker in offense, but its durability isn't magically so.

It has literally nothing to do with game mechanics, you're literally just talking out your ass now, cease, I can see that you're new here but stop before you become a repeat of the last dude who did this shit and got permabanned.

Posted a video and saying its not a Game Mechanic. Its clearly a game mechanic..

When Asta was just a street level, Asta Sword already took hit from mountain+ character and yet that sword never break or dent at the start of the series..

Again Link Sword would not be able to do shit on Asta Sword. As you can see even Character who country+ level still couldn't dent Asta Sword. Asta Sword doesnt power up through out entire series. It just asta power boosting the sword power.. but before asta was powerless that sword was tanking multiple hits through out entire series and not even once dented.

if you're not gonna participate without downplaying Link and wanking Asta then stfu

im saying this once

How is that wanking Asta when evidence is on Manga? Do you read the manga? His Sword clearly absorb any magic and their energy..

Even Julius stated about Asta Sword.
Vim1mQw.png

Asta could Beyblade himself toward Link and anything Link throw at Asta r useless.. Even Curse could not do anything against Asta Sword.
TSvtTcS.png

How is that wanking Asta when evidence is on Manga? Do you read the manga? His Sword clearly absorb any magic and their energy..

Even Julius stated about Asta Sword.
Vim1mQw.png

Asta could Beyblade himself toward Link and anything Link throw at Asta r useless.. Even Curse could not do anything against Asta Sword.
TSvtTcS.png
Toruks protection will block 3 of Asta attack no matter the strenght

Ok but we've already established that ancient arrows are technology and not magic lmfao

What evidence is there for the four Champions' protections being magical in nature as well?

Ok but we've already established that ancient arrows are technology and not magic lmfao

What evidence is there for the five Champions' protections being magical in nature as well?
That arrow would be useless in this battle.. If you play game you would know those Arrow is only good against Guardian. Ive used it many times against boss.

Did you literally miss where we said that ancient arrows straight up EE against normal enemies? Or did you not even play the game at all

Last edited:
Back