• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

List Post crisis Superman's inconsistencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently watched a video from someone(not going to say who but I think some of you might know)and in that videos he said there were more universal feats than there are solar system feats. I would just like to hear a different perspective on this, I have no desire to take this to content revisions or the vsbattles section. I would just like to know more about the discussion behind post crisis's inconsistencies, outliers, canonicity and plot induced stupidity issues.

It's fine, we know exactly who you're talking about. I'd like to know as well because I know another YouTuber said that there are at least 66 universal feats.

K1ngoku said:
Does anyone have consistent showings for his speed?
What do you mean by consistent. Like I would say he gets a casual super sonic feat every two or three issues. He has plenty of hypersonic stuff and MHS stuff (usually flying to outerspace in a couple seconds or covering massive amounts of vround after a gun has fired). If you meant MFTL+ then they're rarer but not uncommon since he has at least a dozen examples of casually flying to other solar systems or galaxies.

But if you mean his current speed rating, then probably not. He has like one WoG statement and maybe some Flash scaling, but those are iffy and still not as impressive as the shattered god feat.

It seems as though our anonymous interloper is correct as far as I'm concerned. No ones shown the tier 4 feats but he showed off most of the tier 3 stuff

Apparently most of his Tier 4 feats are extremely casual and not him at his full capabilities. Coupled with the fact he's held back heavily throughout the whole of post-crisis. There are also over 60 Tier Low 2-C feats.

AKM sama said:
There are a plethora of tier 4 feats and below. They are much much greater in number as compared to universal feats. Ant and Matt might shed more light on that.

Anyway, this should be what you're looking for:

https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/the-great-superman-debate-your-chance-to-weigh-in.1083249/
Honestly this is outdated. The architects of Low 2-C Base Post Crisis Superman literally read 1000s of Superman comics and gave Seth that information on the scaling.

I didn't see Seth's video but the current Superman isn't even post crisis. And that link holds most of the post-crisis Superman's feats that are brought up time and again. It isn't about the current version of Supes.

Also, you can find many of his tier 4 and below feats on his profile and several respect threads if you're looking for them.

He also said that there are only 11 feats of post crisis being solar system level, is this correct?

AKM sama said:
I didn't see Seth's video but the current Superman isn't even post crisis. And that link holds most of the post-crisis Superman's feats that are brought up time and again. It isn't about the current version of Supes.
Also, you can find many of his tier 4 and below feats on his profile and several respect threads if you're looking for them.
yes this is just about post crisis feats

>Taking Seth even remotely seriously Why? Also post crisis supes feats of being universals are outliers,taken out of context and among other things.

EmperorRorepme said:
Again it's not Seth. People gave him info.
And what people gave him info? If it's the thread he got from that AKM listed the link it wrong considering the poster that try to argue supes being there was a massive lying fanboy who other comic book expert on that site debunked his nonsense

Most of the linked numbers are unsourced and Imperiex scaling is always terrible.

Tipper17 said:
>Taking Seth even remotely seriously
Why? Also post crisis supes feats of being universals are outliers,taken out of context and among other things.
i take all perspectives seriously, granted that they themselves are being serious. I just want to know how universal feats are considered outliers or taken out of context if there are over 60 of them.

EmperorRorepme said:
Again it's not Seth. People gave him info.
right, but i still got the infomation from his video and I'm talking about the information itself.

I just want to know how universal feats are considered outliers or taken out of context if there are over 60 of them.

Dishonesty, poor understanding the events surronding the feat, or sketchy cross-scaling can get thst number. Especially with Superman who has over 12,0000 different comics that he's shown up in.

Qawsedf234 said:
I just want to know how universal feats are considered outliers or taken out of context if there are over 60 of them.
Dishonesty, poor understanding the events surronding the feat, or sketchy cross-scaling can get thst number. Especially with Superman who has over 12,0000 different comics that he's shown up in.

can you elaborate on a couple examples?

I'm at work at them moment, however this is important so let's do this. Can you list the various examples or give me a link with them and I'll try to cover as much as I can.

DTG499 said:
can you elaborate on a couple examples?
I would, but I don't know what exmples they're using. If the evidence is all in YouTube videos then it'll take a bit longer since for me its takes longer to listen and watch something then to read an article.

Most of the Supes' supposedly universal feats are generally taken way out of context, misinterpreted, happened in non-canon issues, happened when he's massively amped, PIS, outliers or involve terrible scaling. You would come to know about it if you read the long ass NF thread and watch some debunk videos on youtube.

Even the current World Forger feat for which he is rated as 2-C involved some controversy when the editor said that the multiverse was destroyed not by Superman's strength but due to it being unstable and Superman destroying WF's anvil.

I've been getting ready for this hurricane so I'm not all that available today, might be tomorrow

AKM sama said:
Most of the Supes' supposedly universal feats are generally taken way out of context, misinterpreted, happened in non-canon issues, happened when he's massively amped, PIS, outliers or involve terrible scaling. You would come to know about it if you read the long ass NF thread and watch some debunk videos on youtube.
Even the current World Forger feat for which he is rated as 2-C involved some controversy when the editor said that the multiverse was destroyed not by Superman's strength but due to it being unstable and Superman destroying WF's anvil.
I agree, but whats the NF thread and can you link some debunks to his feats?

I like how you guys are saying that most universal feats are taken out of context but not giving examples. All issues are canon in DC by the way. There are just different storylines and side stories. Non canon would be crossovers by guest writers or something like that. Literally none of his universal feats are when he's amped. Not sure where PiS comes from and the scaling is coherant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back