• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Boros' Ship Durability

I've been thinking the moon should be recalced for a while. But I guess this change is fine.

Izreldan said:
So if Boros' Ship has Continent level durability, and Tatsumaki damaged it, does that mean she should be upgraded to 6-A?
No, unless she made a hole in its shell

She made extemely miniscule damage to a the ship. Not enough to scale to it.

Ryukama said:
I've been thinking the moon should be recalced for a while. But I guess this change is fine.
I know it's too rough but here it is

Moon diameter - 1050 px: 3474 km;

Yellow line - Shockwave radius - 382 px: 1263 km

For comparison minimal distance between South Pole and Antarctica coast is 1276 km. 6-A looks really accurate

Bandicam 2018-05-28 20-51-29-227
Bandicam 2018-05-28 20-53-28-574

Alright good. Maqybe get some calc members to check it too.

Maybe let's have some other staff comment here first.

Pretty sure the moon on OPM was outright shown to be much smaller than normal and only one out of 4 different moons

That comes from this thing.

I kinda agree with LegDayBoros. "Those probably arent moons, and its a throwaway shot from the anime, We've never seen any indication that there are 10 moons orbiting the planet, only evidence for one moon existing because Saitama was kicked there."

This shot makes it pretty clear the Moon is smaller. It's extremely close to the Earth. If it was as big as the real thing, it would fall to the Earth.

Izreldan said:
So if Boros' Ship has Continent level durability, and Tatsumaki damaged it, does that mean she should be upgraded to 6-A?
She only destroyed the canons, not the actual ship itself.

Ah. Maybe that shot. But I highly doubt OPM has 10 moons.

And by the way

Striking Strength: At least Multi-Continent Class (His punches are capable of causing extreme damage to his spaceship, which endured Saitama's moon jump), possibly Planet Class

That's no longer an adequate justification for Boros' striking strength

The only other space shot in the manga is when the meteor is coming to destroy City Z. Overall I think the size and distance are supposed to be the same as the IRL stuff. It's just that the spread in the manga was drawn the way it was for more impact.

I still don't get why Saitama's lending on his ship is 6-A,his Jump is 6-A but not lending.It was just a human body falling at relativistic or sub relativistic speed.

Jump is Ok,but his lending on the ship is also rated as 6-A,that is why Boros's ship is 6-A in durabity.

As i said earlier he just lended at the ship at high speed.

From memory, the reason is that his impact power shouldn't be any worse than his launch power which was calced to be Contient level.

> Actually, that shot proves the Moon isn't anywhere near as far away or as big

I was thinking the same but the other shots in chapter 36 of the collected volume seem to indicate its a similar distance. Could it be a weird angle like this?

It looks like a real moon w/ the same distance. The moon is visible during the day depending on where you are IRL, and looks even closer with altitude.

As for Earth appearing super close, it could be the same effect as whenever Superman is near the sun in any movie/animated work, it looks like the sun is almost always directly behind the Earth.

She only damaged the guns and lower hull to my memory. She didn't cause large scale or significant damage to the ship like Boros or Saitama.

They penetrated the shell of the ship. Even on the sides of the ship where the canons we'rent located. Tats was the only S class to cause any damage to the ship. She should scale.

It would also be consistant with the series considering she was also able to restrain monster garou for a few seconds while weakened.

She restrained Garou with an explicitly durability negating technique, for a few seconds until he gained a resistance. Plus if you want to assume her ability was strength based, then her doing this to Garou is PIS since she was explicitly weaker in this state than when she did nothing to Golden Sperm, who is far weaker than Garou.

Therefir said:
Saitama's jump moved the entire ship, Tatsumaki could never do that.
Also the sheer kinetic energy of Boros's speed was melting large parts of the ship.

Back