• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Losers R2M1] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Cinner vs Stick Sonic

Cinner has ESP to counterbalance that plus he can get off the ground with extension and jumps. He may take a few initial hits with the speed amp, but he’ll be able to respond soon enough and try and hit/pin Sonic with his superior LS

Cinner has ESP to counterbalance that plus he can get off the ground with extension and jumps. He may take a few initial hits with the speed amp, but he’ll be able to respond soon enough and try and hit/pin Sonic with his superior LS
How will cinner do that when Sonic goes the spindash route? Boosting his speed x8?

How will cinner do that when Sonic goes the spindash route? Boosting his speed x8?
I think by the time that happens, Cinner will be on him with stuff like Shield Piercer and Metal Crush. And I don’t think Sonic can just cut through him since both are 7-A and he doesn’t have dura neg.

Wait that's the spindash even then if cinner goes for the grapple sonic's perception kicks in and he does a Sonic movie and starts to mess around with the guy who cins

Wait that's the spindash even then if cinner goes for the grapple sonic's perception kicks in and he does a Sonic movie and starts to mess around with the guy who cins
So his perception slows when he’s facing a near fatal blow? Also how long since it’ll take some heavy damage to really halt Cinner plus he has regen.

Being >x3 faster is considered speedblitz ranges I believe, and ESP doesn’t seem to be some form of precognition, so as long as sonic boosts right away, he could be good to get hits in. Cinner has prediction, sure, but we haven’t seen him do this against significantly faster opponents successfully (To my knowledge, at least. If the dude he stalemated was faster to this degree, I suppose it’d make sense. If that’s the case, please correct me lol)
There’s also this if sonic gets overwhelmed at all during this fight

So his perception slows when he’s facing a near fatal blow? Also how long since it’ll take some heavy damage to really halt Cinner plus he has regen.
It's 2 minutes long sonic would start doing his frontiers moves before using electricity manip alot of times from there

Zamn

Cinner has his regen for that, but it can’t regenerate organs very fast, so it’d all depend on how willing sonic is to kill Cinner, but this is his dark sonic form which is all about rage, so…

Can Cinner counter the perception?

Being >x3 faster is considered speedblitz ranges I believe, and ESP doesn’t seem to be some form of precognition, so as long as sonic boosts right away, he could be good to get hits in. Cinner has prediction, sure, but we haven’t seen him do this against significantly faster opponents successfully (To my knowledge, at least. If the dude he stalemated was faster to this degree, I suppose it’d make sense. If that’s the case, please correct me lol)

There’s also this if sonic gets overwhelmed at all during this fight
I’m pretty sure it’s like 5x for outright blitzing, plus Sonic only has boost for that which is cited as much faster than the Spindash. ESP can be used for precog as described on the page but Cinner mainly just uses the enhanced sight. Though, Cinner has his analytical prediction plus skill to at least be able to counter some stuff when Sonic isn’t blitzing. As for facing faster opponents, he fought and repeatedly tagged High-Flyer who had a speed advantage and a slowing field, though it wasn’t in blitz tiers. However, Cinner can try what he did there and just burn through Sonic with aura like he did High-Flyer’s slowing field.

Yeah, that’ll be a bit of a nightmare, but aura AOE plus air coverage Sonic doesn’t have should get him through once he starts throwing in craftier things. Also, does Sonic have to acknowledge a threat to slow his perception or is it automatic?

It's 2 minutes long sonic would start doing his frontiers moves before using electricity manip alot of times from there
Cinner has a good resistance to electricity, so Sonic focusing on that should actually work against him since Cinner will just feel some hits/jolts and clap back.

Yeah, that’ll be a bit of a nightmare, but aura AOE plus air coverage Sonic doesn’t have should get him through once he starts throwing in craftier things. Also, does Sonic have to acknowledge a threat to slow his perception or is it automatic?
It's automatic
Cinner has a good resistance to electricity, so Sonic focusing on that should actually work against him since Cinner will just feel some hits/jolts and clap back.
If that's what's going on I think Sonic would know that going back into the fight though when the perception is done he's a careful fighter he'll likely be very far from cinner

It's automatic

If that's what's going on I think Sonic would know that going back into the fight though when the perception is done he's a careful fighter he'll likely be very far from cinner
Since he’s having a hard time hitting Sonic, Cinner would try incorporating some spins with his extension to cover all around him or throwing chunks of buildings to stall for more chances to hit.

Since he’s having a hard time hitting Sonic, Cinner would try incorporating some spins with his extension to cover all around him or throwing chunks of buildings to stall for more chances to hit.
Sonic will probably just run through them and use boost to get to cinner to get around the chunks of the buildings he'll then try to spindash cinner.

I’m pretty sure it’s like 5x for outright blitzing, plus Sonic only has boost for that which is cited as much faster than the Spindash. ESP also can be used for precog as described on the page and Cinner has his analytical prediction plus skill to at least be able to counter some stuff when Sonic isn’t blitzing. As for facing faster opponents, he fought and repeatedly tagged High-Flyer who had a speed advantage and a slowing field, though it wasn’t in blitz tiers. However, Cinner can try what he did there and just burn through Sonic with aura like he did High-Flyer’s slowing field.
I see. The heat aura doesn’t automatically counter electricity though, does it? Cinner does have a resistance to electricity himself, yeah, but he’s not outright immune to it. Sonic can probably give him a lot more than two strong shocks with sonic perception, especially in two minutes of spamming, which i think can also deliver his AP too? Not sure. Also, the aura is listed as only tens of meters, which sonic has got a shot of avoiding with his way faster speeds with boost, even if he doesn’t know about it.
That could work, but sonic’s perception could kick in there if it’s a deadly blow, which could let him escape potentially. Sonic also has to be in range for that to work, which he might not be if he knows that is.

I think it should also be noted that with rage power, Sonic has a 6.2x AP advantage here, which won’t destroy Cinner instantly, obviously, but certainly enough to significantly damage him to the point where the slow organ regen will become a factor

Cinner would retaliate with his extension, keep in mind his staff can heat up to lightning temperature
Sonic doesn’t have any resistances to heat, so that could work, but I think that would also kick in sonic’s perception if he’s boutta die

I see. The heat aura doesn’t automatically counter electricity though, does it? Cinner does have a resistance to electricity himself, yeah, but he’s not outright immune to it. Sonic can probably give him a lot more than two strong shocks with sonic perception, especially in two minutes of spamming, which i think can also deliver his AP too? Not sure. Also, the aura is listed as only tens of meters, which sonic has got a shot of avoiding with his way faster speeds with boost, even if he doesn’t know about it.

That could work, but sonic’s perception could kick in there if it’s a deadly blow, which could let him escape potentially. Sonic also has to be in range for that to work, which he might not be if he knows that is.
I guess not, but it’s more just for hitting Sonic with something he can’t really get away from if he wants to hurt Cinner. Cinner can resist electricity strong enough to lock muscles up with one go, so Sonic’s stuff while it’d hurt shouldn’t do too much harm. Sonic can’t stay away from the aura forever since that means staying away from Cinner forever unless he just spams electricity which may not be the most helpful thing given Cinner’s reaction timing, non phys, and resistance.
I think it should also be noted that with rage power, Sonic has a 6.2x AP advantage here, which won’t destroy Cinner instantly, obviously, but certainly enough to significantly damage him to the point where the slow organ regen will become a factor
Unless Sonic’s an absolute menace, it should take a while for him to get really angry. His rage power is listed as coming into effect after his friend got knocked out/potentially killed in his eyes. My orange boy ain’t doing all that.

Unless Sonic’s an absolute menace, it should take a while for him to get really angry. His rage power is listed as coming into effect after his friend got knocked out/potentially killed in his eyes. My orange boy ain’t doing all that.
Sonic’s gotta be angry to begin with to enter the form, so if Cinner does something to annoy him (Like a brief taunt) then that could trigger emo sonic

Sonic’s gotta be angry to begin with to enter the form, so if Cinner does something to annoy him (Like a brief taunt) then that could trigger emo sonic
Taunting is more a Streak thing, he’d be more like “neat trick, here’s mine” or just clapbacks to anything Sonic says

I didn’t mean to type “he’s mine” that sounds weird. Does Sonic’s rage build up or just go all the way up?
Presumably all the way up like I said (Although javen needs to confirm that) Cause has to be angy to even get into that form

The rage amp would definitely be bad for Cinner. But he should take notice how much more Sonic’s attacks are doing and adjust. He’d try tricking him by engaging and then coming from a different direction to catch him. At this point, he should have his aura constantly flared up as he’d be fully engaged and would have it as a good option to defend himself and attack. He also has air manip to pull Sonic off his feet and beat him down which Sonic has no way to resist without flight or comparable LS.

I think Cinner can get something going by taking Sonic off his feet and not letting him fight back, kinda like what Toji did to Dagon. The only problem is that perception manip which could just kick in anytime, but enough hits with heat Sonic can’t resist added should net a win.

I think Cinner can get something going by taking Sonic off his feet and not letting him fight back, kinda like what Toji did to Dagon. The only problem is that perception manip which could just kick in anytime, but enough hits with heat Sonic can’t resist added should net a win.
Does Javen have any counter to this strategy?

What if sonic just goes back to hit cins one time then the other then just all together and like I said sonic's perception hits when he's in danger
What like rush him? Cinner can force him to back off with a spin and aura, plus air manip is always there. And how’s his perception being slowed let him get around Cinner’s options? He’ll still be stuck in the air with the pulling from Cinner’s aura being active and of course exposed to temperatures higher than he can take. Cinner will have no incentive to turn off the air pulling given Sonic can’t counter it, so he’ll just keep him in the sky while pulling him in for as long as his aura’s active, so basically until he runs out of stamina which Sonic won’t last for.

Last edited:
I think I’ll just vote Cinner since he has the skill and power set to catch Sonic regardless of his perception manipulation. The AP gap from rage power would be tough but if Sonic can’t respond to the constant flurry of attacks while being pulled, Cinner should win

Back