• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucina vs Asuna

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Both are High 8-C, Speed Equalized, Fight takes place in an open field, Lucina does have the Falchion, Lucina has her skills (Since they're not properly explained on her profile I'll copy and paste my explanations here for the skills useful in combat)

Aether: Lucina attacks twice, healing herself with the first attack, and then immediately attacking again with an attack that ignores the durability of their opponent

Rightful King: As a member of a royal family with a great legacy, Lucina has to live up to the standards of the likes of Anri, Marth, Chrom, Emmeryn, and the First Exalt, as well as fighting the people of Ylisse and the lives lost in her future, she must perform her greatest abilities much more often (which just means her skills will activate more often)

aaand now I believe I have the same battle conditions as the other thread(except removing the Falchion, Lucina should be able to heal herself without relying on landing every first hit with Aether)

Asuna - 8

Lucina - 13

I vote for Lucina. Both have healing but Lucina has durability negation, and they are pretty much equal in every other field.

I'm just copying Gemmy's response from the last thread as that was the argument I agreed with.

"Asuna takes it via tactical knowhow (she's the vice commander of the strongest guild in SAO for a reason), capable of out-of-the-box attacks as she learned from Kirito ( closed in and used hand to hand against Yuuki as she was losing out on pure swordsmanship), high manual dexterity that Kirito himself who can swat automatic gunfire is hard-pressed and Sword Skills as an equalizer should the need arise as it is stronger than normal attacks."

Lucina for reasons from the last thread and above. I would honestly say that Lucina should, logically, possess better tactical abilities as far as one on one fights go due to the sheer amount of experience she's had.

"I just don't think durability negation can beat sword skills"

Your vote was accepted for the "For reasons above", but we're talking about an attack healing Lucina and then treating Asuna's durability as half. And Lucina would have definitely seen skills quite similar to Sword Skills (Such as Astra being similar to Star Splash) and she's going to use it quite a bit because of Rightful King.

Please explain how durability negation isn't as good as Sword Skills, you don't just make a claim with the only reason being "I just don't think", I mean, I could just say that I don't think Goku has as much experience as Dio Brando. Is it an argument, no. I just made a claim that Dio has more experience than Goku just because I don't think he does, even if my statement is true, I never backed it up. (and no, I don't think this, it's just an example)

Asuna probably has healing two and also sword skills are at "a speed that is normally near impossible for a player to achieve and dealing much more damage than a regular sword swing." I really only said "I think" because I don't know much about fire emblem. Lastly there are multiple sword skills with independent cooldowns.

Asuna does have Regen on a mid level (guessing it should be compare to Kirito's regen)

Lucina for technically being the smarter fighter, having more experience, and having better durability negation.

Asuna wins.

She has better versatility, and better healing (first aid and battle healing). She's very swift, acrobatic and light in movement making it easy to dodge attacks. She's also highly skilled in parrying so it will be hard to strike her. Also she has a lot of auto combos such as Linear and Star Splash that are with very very low cooldowns allowing her to chain together quite a lot of them.

"swiftness", "sword skills are at a speed normally near impossible"

Speed is equalized....

If it weren't for these speed based votes having any other reasons I would've ignored them entirely, read the OP before making a speed based vote....

Yes, I do agree Asuna has a better healing factor

1. It's at a mid level

2. Since Lucina doesn't have the Falchion, she has to land the first hit of Aether to heal herself, which, I actually think is unfair to out someone without regen against someone who has Regen and then take away their only healing item, I'm changing the OP, Lucina has the Falchion

Also, I should be able to refute arguments as the OP, just not vote, I gotta refute the argument I disagree with the most, "tactical know-how"

Alright, so "2 years in a video game in which most players most likely had hardly any training (if at all) beforehand and even then she was fighting mindless mobs for the most part > Fighting a zombie apocalypse created by an evil dragon for your entire life, said zombies capable of giving trouble to an army and then fighting on par with a lesser of a team capable of defeating the Plegian army and his tactician and has fought trained assassins" I think we know who's better tactically...in fact, I'll outright say that Lucina's tactical knowledge dwafs Asuna's just how Jupitar dwarfs Pluto, Lucina was even able to give trouble to a group led (pretty much entirely) by Robin (because Chrom barely does anything), a tactical genuis.

I mean, unless you want to argue that Asuna is comparable to Robin in tactics

Just had to get the tactics argument out of the way

So all we've gotten is Asuna technically has better healing and is flashier than Lucina. Idk how that makes her win.

Also Lucina trains with the likes of Owain on the daily. So don't come to me with Asuna being speedy and acrobatic being a good reason she should win. The only leg-up Asuna has on Lucina is her healing. Which won't even matter if Lucina keeps beating her down.

Asuna for reasons above.

Her sword skills should be more than enough to handle Lucina. Her Post Motions are so very short than she can basically spam and chain the hell out her skills leaving Lucina no time to catch her breath, especially considering they are auto combos.

She also has boots that boost her jumping ability and mask the sound of her footsteps making it that much easier to land attacks in Lucina's blind spots.

And her healing is definitely better.

Aight imma break it down for y'all.

-obviously they're basically tied in strength, and speed is equalized so let's go over the stuff that turns it in Lucina's favor.

-Experience: Lucina has literally lived in the fantasy RPG version of the zombie apocalypse all her life, and has thus been fighting all her life. After Chrom's death, she came to lead the army against Grima. Lucina's about 20 so she has at the very LEAST 10 years of experience over Asuna. Asuna meanwhile has only 2 years of experience.

- Combat and Tactical Skills: Going somewhat hand-in-hand with experience, Lucina's 10+ years of experience with a sword should be more than enough to deal with Asuna's 2 years of being fast and acrobatic. Which by the way is a bad argument bc 1. Speed is equalized anyway and 2. Lucina herself is acrobatic af (as seen here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaPXlKYoIo).

-Misc: So what Asuna has some boots that let her jump? Lucina can jump too. And if all it masks is her footsteps, I don't see how that'll help much in the heat of battle if Lucina has her eyes on her anyway. So really, all Asuna has on Lucina is, as I've said, her Regenerationn. Which shouldn't matter too much if Lucina can keep taking her down. It'll only delay the inevitable in the long run, and Lucina can heal too.

This has been Dan's Salt Hour. Thank you.

She doesn't have an answer to spamming sword skills and the soundless steps are going to get her off balance and miss time her attacks since if Asuna gets out of her sight, she cant rely on nothing to track her. Anytime that happens, it's a strike for Asuna. Her cool downs will make Lucina lose breath as well.

And she has that nickname for a reason. She's more agile and relies and blitzing opponents meaning that her relentless assault goes nice with them boots since she'll be going all around her. And she can keep up with healing as well.

Also you seem salty.

@Gojira actually has a good point; you can't really spam sword skills on a speed equalized thread. Same with being more agile, speed equalized tachnically makes their agility equal.

Well I called it my Salt Hour for a reason lol.

But anyway, I don't think spamming is a very good reason either. Lucina has flights foes with the skill Astra, which, in essence, is spamming sword strikes. So that's not anything Lucina can't handle.

And Asuna can't really blitz since, again, speed is equalized. I say Asuna gets one good sneak attack in, and then Lucina, being smart enough, wouldn't let Asuna get that chance. And one sneak attack won't take Lucina down in a single hit, since Lucina can tank being stabbed with spears and swords, and chopped with axes. Multiple times.

So I say Lucina takes it, mid-diff

Uhmm no. Sword skills can be spammed as long as they are not on cool down, and Asuna's are almost non existent so she'll be on her face the entire time. And agility and acrobacy are not the same as speed. If they are of equal speed it doesn't mean their ability to dodge is the same.

Well Astra doesn't really have a cooldown, it just activates whenever. It's essentially a blitz attack a la Asuna, just in the format of a turn-based RPG. And in that case, Lucina is still plenty agile and acrobatic, so who's to say she can't just dodge as well?

>Asuna has boots that mask the sound of her footsteps.

Lucina has fought assassins with the same tricks as that. She has enough experience that she can "sense" her opponent without relying on sound. And again, Speed is equalized in every aspect, including Combat/Attack/Dodge speed.

Asuna has combos. Lucina has combos / Asuna has healing. Lucina has healing (albeit not as good) / Asuna is agile. Lucina is agile.

It ends up coming down to Lucina's 8+ years-gap experience, more physics-defying acrobatics and durability negation with Aether's 2nd attack. Even with Asuna's better regen and her "spam skills", Lucina has a spam skill of her own (Astra) and has better stamina. Asuna fought, along others, against the giant skeleton centipede for a few minutes, and was exhausted afterwards. Lucina fought a zombie apocalypse for days and was still going.

@Golden

Lucina doesn't ever learn Astra, her only 'special attack' skill is Aether, which is honestly even better than Astra due to durability negation and healing at the same time.

Well, it's been 24 hours since the last vote, I believe this would fall under Inconclusive?

The only reasoning for Asuna's votes that hasn't been countered is regen

Agh, these votes are all mixes of Reasons above and bad arguments such as blitzing....

Gonna recount to find what includes regen and what doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back