• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strong-Willed Mage VS Vengeful Scientist (Asuna Kamakura Vs Cobalt) (Bakuhatsu VS VeneficaVerse) (0-0-0)

Plot:

Asuna was chilling in the middle of A-City, Flying at high speeds as she used air magic to propel herself along. Suddenly, Asuna’s instincts pick something up… Someone with bad intentions…

Asuna: [💭”Behind Me?”💭] She thinks, before swiftly turning around as she flew, seeing what seemed to be a woman in bright blue clothing tailing her.

Cobalt: “Stop! You’re under arrest for unsanctioned world travelling!” She shouts.

Asuna: “Huh? Seriously?! I can give you 10 good reasons right now to let me go!” Asuna replies, a little annoyed.

Cobalt: “Too Late, Young girl!” She replies, speeding up.

Asuna: “Tch… 💢” Asuna grits her teeth slightly, ready for a fight.

FIGHT! (Battle Music)

Rules:
  • Speed Is Equalized
  • Fight takes place in A-City (Veneficaverse)
  • Both start 50 meters away from each other
  • Both are trying to incapacitate, BFR, or knock out their opponent, but will kill if absolutely necessary
  • SBA for everything else
Stats:
  • Asuna scales to this (0.585 Gigatons) But can become higher to a certain extent through Reactive Evolution
  • Cobalt scales to baseline 7-A (0.1 Gigatons) Physically, But can power up to baseline High 7-A (1 Gigaton)
Votes:

“Whatever’s going to happen next, whatever's around each corner, I'll be ready for it. Every single time.”:

“My name is Cobalt, and from this moment, I am my own woman!!”:

Both Become Middle Schooler Victims:

I read the incon and dear goodness I only imagine...

So one day me and Rowley were walking around this... weird city were taking a field trip in and saw two women fighting...
“But naturally, since I’ll be rich and famous one day, I oneshot them both before they could react lol”

Aerneia’s losing with this one 🗣📣🔥🔥🔥🔥
Greg when aerneia spams every MAX spell she has but he’s gonna be rich and famous:
tumblr_inline_o9peafno5P1tdf23s_500.gif

Seeing as Asuna doesn’t have a reason to get in close right away (Though she’s a little pissed off) She’d keep some distance at first and open with a skill that’s hard to dodge, such as million streaks, which would cause hundreds of thunderbolts to fire from her staff (Or hand if she ever loses it) in random directions.

Seeing as Asuna doesn’t have a reason to get in close right away (Though she’s a little pissed off) She’d keep some distance at first and open with a skill that’s hard to dodge, such as million streaks, which would cause hundreds of thunderbolts to fire from her staff (Or hand if she ever loses it) in random directions.
Cobalt has experienced exactly this from Marx, who can shoot out much more danmaku at quicker pace too, although his are more straightforward. Regardless, shouldn't be very difficult for her to deal with. She has many things she can do to defend this: Plutonium Shield, Plutonium Hand, Plutonium Guard, and Plutonium Bend should all be viable defenses but I don't see her using Guard right away. Most likely she just uses her barrier to block them all since it was successful against Marx, and as far as I know her attack doesn't have barrier negation properties or the ability to simply phase through. She'll counter with blasts of her own, probably like a couple dozens Plutonium Cannons

She'll counter with blasts of her own, probably like a couple dozens Plutonium Cannons
On cobalts profile, it says it can’t be spammed, so I don’t see how she’s supposed to unleash dozens of them rapid-fire, But, in any case, Asuna’s danger sense will definitely alert her of that, so Asuna will see it coming beforehand and have plenty of time to defend, such as simply evading it, or possibly counterattack and parry it if Asuna decides to do that and send it straight back at her, which I don’t think cobalt has seen before in a fight. (It’s basically video game physics, which Asuna noted in her first ever fight in the new world) so, Asuna should be able to protect herself against this.

Asuna will probably take this more seriously once she see’s that her opponent is no slouch when it comes to combat, and also because she and cobalt are taking this fairly seriously off the bat anyways too. She’d probably activate:
  • Turbocharge: Using Thunder Magic, This skill Increases Asuna’s speed ‘Tenfold’ according to her, or a 10x increase in more standard form.
Or she might try to trip her up with a quick use of fortune, which does this:
  • Fortune: A Basic Luck Magic Skill, That allows the user to give themselves a 75% chance of succeeding at a given task, such as landing or dodging a hit, winning a game of some sorts, etc. Which can give them a general advantage. Although, this cannot cause outright impossible things to occur, has a cooldown, among other limitations, at least for a user of asuna's skill level.
Both of Which could potentially let her get some hits in, and potentially even win if Asuna feels like really taking advantage of the opportunities both of these could give her, which could maybe be a knockout given Asuna’s initially superior AP (Cobalt has to power up to get an AP edge apparantly,) or maybe a BFR through a riftway if she feels like it.

I don’t think Asuna could kill her given her regeneration, at least off of the top of my head or off the bat. If Asuna uses power creation and combines it with seeing nullify twice before, she could stop her regeneration? Idk (Although Asuna will only kill if necesarry, and so will cobalt, so I think this could be ignored for now)

Last edited:
I just read through attacks/techniques for cobalt (I know, crazy right?) and I found this, which is very similair to Asuna’s danger sense, except it’s not an instinctual thing:
  • Enhanced Senses: With a similar DNA structure as Blast, Cobalt naturally has advanced senses. She can detect if an opponent will attack before they even make the motions to do so, but that doesn't mean she can dodge what's coming automatically. Her abilities do allow her to see people when they are invisible and to be able to deduce fake energies from real ones giving her a better chance against illusions and afterimages too.
While it would put her on equal footing with Asuna logically speaking, there’s still only so much she could do in defense and offense if Asuna activates her speed amps, or if she’s practically fated to get hit (Fortune isn’t 100% guarantee, but you get the point), or even both, so I thought I should get that outta the way

I have quite a bit to say about cobalts’ other abilities, but I’ll wait until we get to those later on and when venefica is on (y)

On cobalts profile, it says it can’t be spammed, so I don’t see how she’s supposed to unleash dozens of them rapid-fire, But, in any case, Asuna’s danger sense will definitely alert her of that, so Asuna will see it coming beforehand and have plenty of time to defend, such as simply evading it, or possibly counterattack and parry it if Asuna decides to do that and send it straight back at her, which I don’t think cobalt has seen before in a fight. (It’s basically video game physics, which Asuna noted in her first ever fight in the new world) so, Asuna should be able to protect herself against this.
What I meant with that is that the 'higher level' mentioned (At a higher level, it can even be used to force warp her opponent towards her while damaging them with the blast. This requires great focus, and the attack can't be spammed) cannot be spammed, but the base one actually can, but only to a limited extent which us what Cobalt is using here. She hasn't had her attacks deflected back like that but she has experienced similar inconvenience with all her energy stuff being absorbed, but all of her previous defense methods will work just as well for reflected attacks of her own
I don’t think Asuna could kill her given her regeneration, at least off of the top of my head or off the bat. If Asuna uses power creation and combines it with seeing nullify twice before, she could stop her regeneration? Idk (Although Asuna will only kill if necesarry, and so will cobalt, so I think this could be ignored for now)
Plutonium Reverse Dissipation lets her heal what her regen cannot, so it isn't quite so simple as just stopping her regen.
While it would put her on equal footing with Asuna logically speaking, there’s still only so much she could do in defense and offense if Asuna activates her speed amps, or if she’s practically fated to get hit (Fortune isn’t 100% guarantee, but you get the point), or even both, so I thought I should get that outta the way
As for this, I think Cobalt just activates Plutonium Shield again. Unless fortune somehow turns the barrier off Cobalt can protect against her this way due to taking 6-C attacks while her shield was up before. Plus, in addition to this, what about Plutonium Bend? By using Plutonium Bend around many different spots while leaving a false energy signature very identical to her own, she would basically make Asuna believe that Cobalt is everywhere at once and waste the time of both fortune and turbocharge. Asuna doesn't have feats or methods of seeing things if there is no light available, light being required for any being to see anything.
I have quite a bit to say about cobalts’ other abilities, but I’ll wait until we get to those later on and when venefica is on (y)
Why?

Last edited:
What I meant with that is that the 'higher level' mentioned (At a higher level, it can even be used to force warp her opponent towards her while damaging them with the blast. This requires great focus, and the attack can't be spammed) cannot be spammed, but the base one actually can, but only to a limited extent which us what Cobalt is using here. She hasn't had her attacks deflected back like that but she has experienced similar inconvenience with all her energy stuff being absorbed, but all of her previous defense methods will work just as well for reflected attacks of her own
Ah, okay, that makes sense 👍 having your attacks absorbed isn’t really the same as having them shot back at you all of a sudden, but her previous defense methods would be effective I think
Plutonium Reverse Dissipation lets her heal what her regen cannot, so it isn't quite so simple as just stopping her regen.
Also Makes sense, but that wouldn’t mean asuna’s efforts would be completely useless. If cobalt was forced to use that, it’s description says it also drains stamina like some of her moves do, which, while I don’t think would do much if it was just once, it would definitely add up if the fight lasts long enough.

I think the stamina thing is something I should also mention. Cobalt is heavily implied to have limited stamina, since using some of her powers drains it, whilst Asuna doesn’t have that problem. Asuna could fire a huge blast into the sky for 24 hours straight, and she’d have no problem maintaining it, the only real exhaustion she’d have is the sheer amount of boredom she’d experience from just standing there. Using Magic Doesn’t really drain any stamina in Bakuhatsu, the only way they can get worn out is through physical exertion, which would take an extremely long time in Asuna’s case, given her already fairly crazy feats of fighting at full capacity whilst incredibly injured, for example (Volume 1 Chapter 3) and also supernatural willpower if that matters.

^ So, if it came down to who would last longer, I think Asuna could outlast cobalt if it came to a good ‘ol endurance test
As for this, I think Cobalt just activates Plutonium Shield again. Unless fortune somehow turns the barrier off Cobalt can protect against her this way due to taking 6-C attacks while her shield was up before. Plus, in addition to this, what about Plutonium Bend? By using Plutonium Bend around many different spots while leaving a false energy signature very identical to her own, she would basically make Asuna believe that Cobalt is everywhere at once and waste the time of both fortune and turbocharge. Asuna doesn't have feats or methods of seeing things if there is no light available, light being required for any being to see anything.
If there’s no way cobalt can slip up when using it, it’d probably work against fortune, but that won’t do anything to turn off turbocharge, since it doesn’t really have a time limit (Doesn’t drain stamina) and cobalt can’t just defend forever, so she’ll have to come out right where Asuna wants her. Even if she can use this and attack at the same time, there’s no reason to believe Asuna can’t find a way to disable it through Power Creation if she’s unable to break through it with brute force. (In which, her go-to method would probably be nullify, since she’s seen it used twice before, but I don’t find it far-fetched she could come up with something more crazy than that. Nullify is literally just turning off abilities, lol)

Funnily enough, Asuna has fought just as well in complete darkness as she can in broad daylight. Twice, in fact, if you interpret the dark forest as being dark enough. (Volume 1 Chapter 1 + 3) This was on asuna’s resistances:
  • Perception Manipulation (Was able to fight a golem despite not being able to see it due to the darkness, and even predict it’s actions. and as such, can fight on instinct and senses alone.)
You get the point. Asuna ability to fight won’t really be affected even if cobalt outright put a blindfold on her, and those false energy signatures are, well, not really cobalt, so combined with danger sense being able to detect the real cobalt if she lunges at her, as well as the fact Asuna can easily just predict her moves like she did with something as difficult to predict as a raging golem with little-to-no light, I don’t think plutonium bend will be much of a problem. Even if those don’t work, Asuna can always gain distance with a quick riftway, or even reverse time to stop her from using such a move before she even does it. Plus, if she has turbocharge (Or supercharge if she’s really desperate) activated when this happens, she’ll have way more than enough time to think of a plan against this.
It’d be a little unfair if I pulled an akumo level response, and also because I don’t wanna get too overly technical 👍

Last edited:
Asuna when Rowley says Zoo wee mama stomping her: 😐
Rowley when Asuna gives him a middle finger, therefore breaking the whole concept of the franchise being a book for kids, therefore soloing him and the whole verse as their current versions all are now irrelevant: 💀

Rowley when Asuna gives him a middle finger, therefore breaking the whole concept of the franchise being a book for kids, therefore soloing him and the whole verse as their current versions all are now irrelevant: 💀
Asuna when Greg's and Rowley simply censor it: ☠️

Greg and Rowley when Asuna literally transcends both of them cause they are literally just in a diary, completely destroying their credibility: 🗿

Greg and Rowley when Asuna literally transcends both of them cause they are literally just in a diary, completely destroying their credibility: 🗿
Asuna after that statement is completely debunk because the movie version of them exists and they are not in a diary: 😭

Back