• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[FINALS] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Leaf Girl vs Asuna

I don’t think they’d be any different fundamentally, I mean, they can literally move things remotely, only difference is they have a different way of doing it. I called it “Pseudo-telekinesis” cause Asuna isn’t exactly doing it with her mind. Yeah, asuna’s main flaw is that she’s comparatively inexperienced compared to the rest of her friends, since she’s an otherworlder, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t skilled with them. That’s why she has accelerated development, after all. I will say leaf girl seems to be more experienced, but that doesn’t mean Asuna won’t be able to do anything either.
Yeah, Leaf Girl seems outclassed here with again, Asuna's superior LS.
Depends on how they work exactly. Can they be physically moved around or sumthin? Asuna probably won’t crush her to death unless she has to, though. (Though, saying that, Leaf girl’s form here is literally a demon, which is what everyone in her world is told is the embodiment of all evil since Demons = Controlled by Jorogumo, so I find it very likely Asuna would want to pull out all the stops right away unless she knows it’s a half-form like in shizu’s case, or something similair, and that she still has her humanity.)
No, they need to be broken to get to Leaf Girl, which is the difficult part. Even in base, Leaf's barriers are shown to block hits from characters 50x stronger than her. The barriers are also invisible, but they turn purple on contact. Leaf Girl in this key likes to hide behind several barriers and spam Hell's Rain and Devil Claw.

No, they need to be broken to get to Leaf Girl, which is the difficult part. Even in base, Leaf's barriers are shown to block hits from characters 50x stronger than her. The barriers are also invisible, but they turn purple on contact. Leaf Girl in this key likes to hide behind several barriers and spam Hell's Rain and Devil Claw.
I'd solo no diff

I see. Well, Asuna has been shown to use gravity magic to influence, well, gravity, to the point where it can become hundreds of times stronger than regular gravity at bare minimum, since Shizu stated that Asuna can crush small objects basically out of existence with it. I think Asuna could probably at least use that to put some pressure on leaf girl to slow her down if she can’t kill her with it.

Leaf girl can keep up with leaf man who is much faster than her, meaning that skills like turbocharge might not mean much, although I think leaf girl could still struggle if Asuna can slow her down, and also considering that Asuna has a much more versatile kit than leaf man, and has a lot of different ways she could attack, which can include omnidirectional attacks if Asuna uses a bunch of Riftways at once, for example.

So, if gravity magic can’t just crush the barriers and leaf girl herself, this definitely seems like something nullify would be useful for here. (Asuna hasn’t been shown to use it yet, but She has seen it Twice Before from Chidori and Shizu respectively, and Asuna had no problem replicating some of Shizu’s skills midfight, such as in chapter 3, and making them better. Which is why I think there’s no reason to believe Asuna can’t whip this out) But basically, the question is, if Asuna gets rid of the barriers that way, would leaf girl be a sitting duck or does she have something else she could use?

I see. Well, Asuna has been shown to use gravity magic to influence, well, gravity, to the point where it can become hundreds of times stronger than regular gravity at bare minimum, since Shizu stated that Asuna can crush small objects basically out of existence with it. I think Asuna could probably at least use that to put some pressure on leaf girl to slow her down if she can’t kill her with it.
Leaf Girl is Class T physically so gravity becoming hundreds of times stronger would go like this.
Leaf girl can keep up with leaf man who is much faster than her, meaning that skills like turbocharge might not mean much, although I think leaf girl could still struggle if Asuna can slow her down, and also considering that Asuna has a much more versatile kit than leaf man, and has a lot of different ways she could attack, which can include omnidirectional attacks if Asuna uses a bunch of Riftways at once, for example.
Leaf Girl is quite the fast learner (it's why Mr. S kept her around). She's used barriers to box in monsters and could could do a similar thing to herself, only for defense, and with multiple layers.
So, if gravity magic can’t just crush the barriers and leaf girl herself, this definitely seems like something nullify would be useful for here. (Asuna hasn’t been shown to use it yet, but She has seen it Twice Before from Chidori and Shizu respectively, and Asuna had no problem replicating some of Shizu’s skills midfight, such as in chapter 3, and making them better. Which is why I think there’s no reason to believe Asuna can’t whip this out) But basically, the question is, if Asuna gets rid of the barriers that way, would leaf girl be a sitting duck or does she have something else she could use?
The barriers don't seem to be effected by gravity, and as I've previously stated, gravity shouldn't do much. If barriers are taken down, she'd try to set up more before spamming projectiles from all around her like a Touhou Project character. How would Asuna do against Devil Claw pain manip? It was enough to incap SMH, who is known for giving people the metaphorical middle finger and powering through stuff.

Lost Sassy child looks like she has toon force there Idk why
This reminds me that if I took what me and my sister do during our stories too seriously all of V. Verse would have toon force 🗿 During non-serious scenes, it's basically like a cartoon. We can be pretty whack lol
Biggest OPM fan, swear
Around the time V. Verse started I was in the midst of a hyper-fixation, so yeah maybe I am (or at least was at the time), of course no V. Verse is pretty much separate from OPM in 99% of ways now

Leaf Girl is Class T physically so gravity becoming hundreds of times stronger would go like this.
Lol
The barriers don't seem to be effected by gravity, and as I've previously stated, gravity shouldn't do much. If barriers are taken down, she'd try to set up more before spamming projectiles from all around her like a Touhou Project character. How would Asuna do against Devil Claw pain manip? It was enough to incap SMH, who is known for giving people the metaphorical middle finger and powering through stuff.
That’s not how nullify works. It prevents them from using a specific ability (Or skill in Asuna’s world) for a brief period of 30 seconds altogether. As for the devil claw, Asuna is no stranger to pain. Asuna has survived getting most of her organs obliterated in chapter 3, and basically shrugged it off almost right after. Plus, she can endure getting beaten up almost daily for her whole life (15 Years) without, y’know, dying because of repeated injuries. I think she’ll be fine. She has “Immense pain tolerance” for a reason.

^ Also, devil claw isn’t an instant undodgeable effect, is it? Asuna’s precog (Danger sense) will let her see it and dodge/counter it otherwise, even if leaf girl tries to sneak

That’s not how nullify works. It prevents them from using a specific ability (Or skill in Asuna’s world) for a brief period of 30 seconds altogether. As for the devil claw, Asuna is no stranger to pain. Asuna has survived getting most of her organs obliterated in chapter 3, and basically shrugged it off almost right after. Plus, she can endure getting beaten up almost daily for her whole life (15 Years) without, y’know, dying because of repeated injuries. I think she’ll be fine. She has “Immense pain tolerance” for a reason.
Ah, okay, so when barriers are disabled, she'd spam Hell's Rain shoot from all around her. Each hit is more powerful than the last because of the ability working kind of like Moxie from Pokémon, only it increases power every hit instead of every K.O. Hell's Rain fires thousands of bullets in a short timespan, so this can get dangerous fast. Stickman Hero is superhuman in stamina and should really also have immense pain tolerance. It should effect Asuna enough to make a difference.

Ah, okay, so when barriers are disabled, she'd spam Hell's Rain shoot from all around her. Each hit is more powerful than the last because of the ability working kind of like Moxie from Pokémon, only it increases power every hit instead of every K.O. Hell's Rain fires thousands of bullets in a short timespan, so this can get dangerous fast. Stickman Hero is superhuman in stamina and should really also have immense pain tolerance. It should effect Asuna enough to make a difference.
Oki dokie, but Asuna has dealt with Danmaku attacks like that before, even when she was much more limited and inexperienced with magic against kedron in the dark forest. Kedron did basically the same thing as this, but with earth magic, which Asuna didn’t have too many problems with dodging.

I don’t think stickman hero has been brutalised like Asuna did before though, did he? If that’s put more into perspective (Stuff he can tolerate) I think it’d make more sense
It's more like a homing projectile then just an aura that appears on Leaf Girl's hand.
Ah, Okay, Asuna should be able to avoid that though. She could use the same strategy I suggested before and throw it through a riftway to hit leaf girl herself, or throw it to space or the sun or something and forget about it. Asuna can also parry it or even just deflect/destroy it with a blast of whatever magic type she decides to use as well

Oki dokie, but Asuna has dealt with Danmaku attacks like that before, even when she was much more limited and inexperienced with magic against kedron in the dark forest. Kedron did basically the same thing as this, but with earth magic, which Asuna didn’t have too many problems with dodging.
Would she be able to squeeze herself between the incredibly small gaps between the projectiles? It would definitely be possible if Leaf Girl was using it the normal way (making it come from the sky), but she's firing it from her body as a defense mechanism, meaning the bullets would be much more packed.
I don’t think stickman hero has been brutalised like Asuna did before though, did he? If that’s put more into perspective (Stuff he can tolerate) I think it’d make more sense
Eric's gang basically just bullied him before SMH turns Nightmare, and he could hold back his entire entourage (which includes several enemies he needed a full team to defeat previously) all on his own with several large wounds.
Ah, Okay, Asuna should be able to avoid that though. She could use the same strategy I suggested before and throw it through a riftway to hit leaf girl herself, or throw it to space or the sun or something and forget about it. Asuna can also parry it or even just deflect/destroy it with a blast of whatever magic type she decides to use as well
Leaf Girl could disperse the attack herself if Devil Claw is redirected. With Leaf Girl spamming Devil Claws on top of Hell's Rain, it'd be pretty hard to deal with and I'm sure at least a few would hit Asuna.

Would she be able to squeeze herself between the incredibly small gaps between the projectiles? It would definitely be possible if Leaf Girl was using it the normal way (making it come from the sky), but she's firing it from her body as a defense mechanism, meaning the bullets would be much more packed.
Well, Asuna didn’t have much space to move when she was dealing with kedrons’ danmaku either, which is why her acrobatics are pretty insane. I don’t think this’ll be a problem.
Eric's gang basically just bullied him before SMH turns Nightmare, and he could hold back his entire entourage (which includes several enemies he needed a full team to defeat previously) all on his own with several large wounds.
If by several large wounds, you mean, like, broken bones and ripped flesh and stuff, then that’s definitely some insane endurance, but I’m not sure how it’d stack up to literal organ obliteration in terms of pain.
Leaf Girl could disperse the attack herself if Devil Claw is redirected. With Leaf Girl spamming Devil Claws on top of Hell's Rain, it'd be pretty hard to deal with and I'm sure at least a few would hit Asuna.
That’d definitely be a problem if she can spam devil claws on top of that, even if Asuna can tank the pain if she somehow gets hit. (I find landing a hit unlikely given that Asuna’s precog gives her warning time and also how to dodge through sheer instinct alone) But Asuna still has plenty of movement options to avoid them if she struggles to dodge normally. She can speed herself up with turbocharge or supercharge, She can teleport around with Riftways, and she’s dealt with danmaku like this already, so she already practically knows what to do here, and can continue to fight back whilst doing it too.

Asuna’s range is also far superior (Hundreds of kilometres > Several Kilometers) So it’s entirely possible that Asuna can just TP out of the Danmaku and Devil claw range if she’s getting overwhelmed, and she can still snipe leaf girl from afar without her being able to do anything thanks to superhuman precision, which would definitely put leaf girl in trouble. Asuna also has danmaku attacks of her own, as well as AoE skills too to keep her at bay as well.

Well, Asuna didn’t have much space to move when she was dealing with kedrons’ danmaku either, which is why her acrobatics are pretty insane. I don’t think this’ll be a problem.
It would be a problem if the gaps are too small for her to physically avoid. Acrobatics can be extremely good but she can’t manipulate her size to physically/literally slip between them which I believe is what Leo was asking about

Could Asuna fire off her attacks while Leaf Girl's Danmaku turns her into a DDR pro?
If by several large wounds, you mean, like, broken bones and ripped flesh and stuff, then that’s definitely some insane endurance, but I’m not sure how it’d stack up to literal organ obliteration in terms of pain.
My point is, Devil Claw should be at least somewhat effective, especially with consecutive hits.
That’d definitely be a problem if she can spam devil claws on top of that, even if Asuna can tank the pain if she somehow gets hit. (I find landing a hit unlikely given that Asuna’s precog gives her warning time and also how to dodge through sheer instinct alone) But Asuna still has plenty of movement options to avoid them if she struggles to dodge normally. She can speed herself up with turbocharge or supercharge, She can teleport around with Riftways, and she’s dealt with danmaku like this already, so she already practically knows what to do here, and can continue to fight back whilst doing it too.
Like you said, far faster opponents aren't new to Gorlfend FNF (she's had to deal with Leaf Man since the day he was born), so she should definitely have a way to hit Asuna, even with DDR pro levels of arcobatics combined with speed amps. Leaf Man's speed advantage was like borderline teleportation to Leaf Girl.
Asuna’s range is also far superior (Hundreds of kilometres > Several Kilometers) So it’s entirely possible that Asuna can just TP out of the Danmaku and Devil claw range if she’s getting overwhelmed, and she can still snipe leaf girl from afar without her being able to do anything thanks to superhuman precision, which would definitely put leaf girl in trouble. Asuna also has danmaku attacks of her own, as well as AoE skills too to keep her at bay as well.
Leaf Girl tends to make sure her enemies don't escape, especially in this key. She tends to aimdodge for attacks that are faster than she is, which would work especially well at kilometers distance. She can also try to nullify Asuna's attacks with her own.

(By the way, Leaf Girl's profile is in desperate need of an overhaul. It won't change her fighting tactics much, just some ability additions and more explanations, mainly for her intelligence section, so a rematch would be cool after that's done.)

It would be a problem if the gaps are too small for her to physically avoid. Acrobatics can be extremely good but she can’t manipulate her size to physically/literally slip between them which I believe is what Leo was asking about
Well, I did present multiple different other options Asuna could take to get around this if they ARE literally too small, so once again I don’t think she’d be helpless.

Could Asuna fire off her attacks while Leaf Girl's Danmaku turns her into a DDR pro?
She could do that in the middle of her fight with Kedron, so yeah Plus she’s already a DDR Pro from that fight lol
My point is, Devil Claw should be at least somewhat effective, especially with consecutive hits.
It definitely would be noticeable to Asuna, but she has a lot better willpower and pain tolerance feats than SMH, and her body would have been going through the most amount of pain her nerves could register, anyway, and she still shrugged it off. I feel it might be annoying, but again, Asuna has lots of ways to avoid a devil claw hit too as I’ve explained above.

Leaf girl would definitely be in a world of pain if asuna hits her in any way too, though. Asuna has a 4.5x AP edge, which won’t kill leaf girl on the spot, but it’d definitely hinder her too unless she has regeneration I’ve forgotten about.
Like you said, far faster opponents aren't new to Gorlfend FNF (she's had to deal with Leaf Man since the day he was born), so she should definitely have a way to hit Asuna, even with DDR pro levels of arcobatics combined with speed amps. Leaf Man's speed advantage was like borderline teleportation to Leaf Girl.
Yeah, that’s true, obviously, but Asuna will still be much faster than leaf girls’ attacks themselves, so she’s basically be seeing ‘em in slow motion, which, given that Asuna is a lot smarter in battle iq and has a way more versatile kit, she’d have plenty of time to figure out a way around anything leaf girl is throwing at her, and possibly even get around her aim-dodging, which seems to be how she deals with speed disadvantages like this one.
Leaf Girl tends to make sure her enemies don't escape, especially in this key. She tends to aimdodge for attacks that are faster than she is, which would work especially well at kilometers distance. She can also try to nullify Asuna's attacks with her own.
That’s also true, but what happens if Asuna starts attacking omnidirectionally around her through some riftway shenanigans, and leaf girls’ barriers are nullified, for example?
(By the way, Leaf Girl's profile is in desperate need of an overhaul. It won't change her fighting tactics much, just some ability additions and more explanations, mainly for her intelligence section, so a rematch would be cool after that's done.)
Indeed

Back