• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strong-Willed Mage VS Vengeful Scientist (Asuna Kamakura Vs Cobalt) (Bakuhatsu VS VeneficaVerse) (0-0-0)

I mean don’t you have something to say about cobalt’s abilities? It seems like you’re knowledgeable enough already
Yeah, but I feel that’d be too much to reply to. Besides, it wouldn’t be very fun if I wanted the thread to end as quickly as possible

Also Makes sense, but that wouldn’t mean asuna’s efforts would be completely useless. If cobalt was forced to use that, it’s description says it also drains stamina like some of her moves do, which, while I don’t think would do much if it was just once, it would definitely add up if the fight lasts long enough.

I think the stamina thing is something I should also mention. Cobalt is heavily implied to have limited stamina, since using some of her powers drains it, whilst Asuna doesn’t have that problem. Asuna could fire a huge blast into the sky for 24 hours straight, and she’d have no problem maintaining it, the only real exhaustion she’d have is the sheer amount of boredom she’d experience from just standing there. Using Magic Doesn’t really drain any stamina in Bakuhatsu, the only way they can get worn out is through physical exertion, which would take an extremely long time in Asuna’s case, given her already fairly crazy feats of fighting at full capacity whilst incredibly injured, for example (Volume 1 Chapter 3) and also supernatural willpower if that matters.

^ So, if it came down to who would last longer, I think Asuna could outlast cobalt if it came to a good ‘ol endurance test

If there’s no way cobalt can slip up when using it, it’d probably work against fortune, but that won’t do anything to turn off turbocharge, since it doesn’t really have a time limit (Doesn’t drain stamina) and cobalt can’t just defend forever, so she’ll have to come out right where Asuna wants her. Even if she can use this and attack at the same time, there’s no reason to believe Asuna can’t find a way to disable it through Power Creation if she’s unable to break through it with brute force. (In which, her go-to method would probably be nullify, since she’s seen it used twice before, but I don’t find it far-fetched she could come up with something more crazy than that. Nullify is literally just turning off abilities, lol)

Funnily enough, Asuna has fought just as well in complete darkness as she can in broad daylight. Twice, in fact, if you interpret the dark forest as being dark enough. (Volume 1 Chapter 1 + 3) This was on asuna’s resistances:
  • Perception Manipulation (Was able to fight a golem despite not being able to see it due to the darkness, and even predict it’s actions. and as such, can fight on instinct and senses alone.)
You get the point. Asuna ability to fight won’t really be affected even if cobalt outright put a blindfold on her, and those false energy signatures are, well, not really cobalt, so combined with danger sense being able to detect the real cobalt if she lunges at her, as well as the fact Asuna can easily just predict her moves like she did with something as difficult to predict as a raging golem with little-to-no light, I don’t think plutonium bend will be much of a problem. Even if those don’t work, Asuna can always gain distance with a quick riftway, or even reverse time to stop her from using such a move before she even does it. Plus, if she has turbocharge (Or supercharge if she’s really desperate) activated when this happens, she’ll have way more than enough time to think of a plan against this.

It’d be a little unfair if I pulled an akumo level response, and also because I don’t wanna get too overly technical 👍
Cobalt is only gonna be using that if she finds her natural regen unable to recover herself fast enough. Her regen might not be very excellent but it is quick, and Asuna doesn’t seem to have much methods for doing damage that severe, at least not fast.

Cobalt’s stamina is not to be underestimated. This is Awakened Cobalt, but she isn’t allowed to use her Max Aura. As you can see on her profile, this opens up far more attacks. Those were the attacks she was using against Marx, and her stamina is noted that she didn’t really get tired until an extended time had passed. This cobalt, due to being unable to use superior abilities, ironically is able to conserve far more stamina than regularly. It is still true that some moves are notably stamina draining, but that wouldn’t be noticeable for a significant period of time

Seems a bit OP of Asuna to not have much in the way of draining stamina even with all her great moves, such as Turbocharge. Cooldowns can only mean so much if she simply won’t ever get tired. Even so, I already mentioned why Cobalt can hang in there

So turbocharge has no stamina drain, no end point, and I assume no cooldown? And her speed is now ten times as fast? How does that work out exactly 🗿 that feels nigh-unstoppable in the context of any normal vs battle where extreme hax aren’t present. But what would happen if Cobalt twisted her energy outwards (which would basically force Asuna to turn around when attacking physically)

Asuna can’t use brute force in any way to break through Plutonium Barrier, seeing as her reactive evo appears limited to High 7-A and can’t reach 6-C, which the shield can block fairly well

There’s actually a problem with that whole perception feat. Is it impressive? Yes. Good? Yes. But there are a few things which sort of derail the feat. 1. You’ve gone out of your way to describe it as ‘raging.’ This implies The Golem would have been making TONS of noise. 2. The Golem likely wouldn’t be moving with much skill or finesse due to rage. 3. The Golem is apparently huge naturally, making for a far larger target (therefore easier to hit). 4. The Golem hardly has any decent defensive ability 5. The golem also isn’t exactly very smart.

Now compare with Cobalt, who is not angry, possesses lots of finesse in her movement, very skillful with her abilities, a rather small target, and a noted extraordinary genius as one of the smartest humans in V. Verse (regularly working with Dr. Hecate and such). She clearly does resist perception manipulation in some form, but the circumstances here are practically polar opposites and Cobalt would be substantially harder to harm under the same circumstances (plus it general doesn’t look as good as you imply)

Cobalt was able to repeatedly outsmart Marx Gemini, another extraordinary genius, even after only just obtained her awakened power by using maneuvers such as this. I should point out that Cobalt is much smarter than Asuna, even in battle iq, because of her feats beating up on Marx. He’s got all this advanced tech and still can’t tell what Cobalt does when it comes to fake signatures, that’s how close they are to the actual Cobalt (his scanners are scarily advanced, so far beyond Abliter for instance that he might as well be scrap). I don’t know about Asuna’s danger sense having the ability to point out specifically which one isn’t the real one, but I can see it giving her hints (plus all the other defensive options Cobalt has which she can use in unison with bend).

I should also point out that Cobalt has only just unlocked her power and she’s instantly this good with them and basically improving drastically throughout the fight when it comes to her understanding of her own energy, to the point that she invented all the much more advanced abilities in Max Aura on the spot when she needed them, so it seems she has much greater skill and especially the mental prowess to due so when facing off with someone who abused her for years (in addition to his fear manip and basically ignoring it). She’s also dealt with his speed amps via things such as Rocket Mode, which becomes much easier via her ‘power up’ which she should be using real fast in this fight. Her speed increases proportionally to her power, so the gap of turbocharge doesn’t seem quite as bad as I initially thought.

Cobalt’s stamina is not to be underestimated. This is Awakened Cobalt, but she isn’t allowed to use her Max Aura. As you can see on her profile, this opens up far more attacks. Those were the attacks she was using against Marx, and her stamina is noted that she didn’t really get tired until an extended time had passed. This cobalt, due to being unable to use superior abilities, ironically is able to conserve far more stamina than regularly. It is still true that some moves are notably stamina draining, but that wouldn’t be noticeable for a significant period of time
Okay, that makes sense, but that’d still be a department Asuna would have an edge in if neither of them can defeat each other in a small enough period of time for that to factor in
Seems a bit OP of Asuna to not have much in the way of draining stamina even with all her great moves, such as Turbocharge. Cooldowns can only mean so much if she simply won’t ever get tired. Even so, I already mentioned why Cobalt can hang in there
So turbocharge has no stamina drain, no end point, and I assume no cooldown? And her speed is now ten times as fast? How does that work out exactly 🗿 that feels nigh-unstoppable in the context of any normal vs battle where extreme hax aren’t present. But what would happen if Cobalt twisted her energy outwards (which would basically force Asuna to turn around when attacking physically)
Well, it does mean Asuna would have to focus more if she wants to use more skills at once. You can’t use as many skills as you want at the same time in Bakuhatsu unless you have godly concentration, and while there haven’t been any limitations other than that (At least, shown so far) I don’t think it’s some automatic “I win” card, like causality manipulation or sumthin. If speed amps were that broken, they’d probably be banned. Cobalt has stat amps of her own, anyway, so I don’t think it’d be a winning move, even if Asuna would still be considerably faster.

(I don’t quite get what you mean by that for sum reason lol)
Asuna can’t use brute force in any way to break through Plutonium Barrier, seeing as her reactive evo appears limited to High 7-A and can’t reach 6-C, which the shield can block fairly well
I did mention this earlier
There’s actually a problem with that whole perception feat. Is it impressive? Yes. Good? Yes. But there are a few things which sort of derail the feat. 1. You’ve gone out of your way to describe it as ‘raging.’ This implies The Golem would have been making TONS of noise. 2. The Golem likely wouldn’t be moving with much skill or finesse due to rage. 3. The Golem is apparently huge naturally, making for a far larger target (therefore easier to hit). 4. The Golem hardly has any decent defensive ability 5. The golem also isn’t exactly very smart.
Noise doesn’t exactly mean you can still predict it very easily, which is why it’s a notable feat in the first place. It’s not like Asuna was using echolocation midfight or something 🗿 It is pretty big, but Asuna’s was dodging it’s blows when she was in range before she leapt back to get distance, and once again, couldn’t see it, and still dodged on instinct alone. It does make it a big target, but being big also means your attacks are also pretty big, too, and the fact that the golem is not smart at all only makes it less predictable, therefore more a feat, since it doesn’t really have the mental capacity for a specific attack pattern, it just attacks at random, which is also why it’s a feat lol
Now compare with Cobalt, who is not angry, possesses lots of finesse in her movement, very skillful with her abilities, a rather small target, and a noted extraordinary genius as one of the smartest humans in V. Verse (regularly working with Dr. Hecate and such). She clearly does resist perception manipulation in some form, but the circumstances here are practically polar opposites and Cobalt would be substantially harder to harm under the same circumstances (plus it general doesn’t look as good as you imply)

Cobalt was able to repeatedly outsmart Marx Gemini, another extraordinary genius, even after only just obtained her awakened power by using maneuvers such as this. I should point out that Cobalt is much smarter than Asuna, even in battle iq, because of her feats beating up on Marx. He’s got all this advanced tech and still can’t tell what Cobalt does when it comes to fake signatures, that’s how close they are to the actual Cobalt (his scanners are scarily advanced, so far beyond Abliter for instance that he might as well be scrap). I don’t know about Asuna’s danger sense having the ability to point out specifically which one isn’t the real one, but I can see it giving her hints (plus all the other defensive options Cobalt has which she can use in unison with bend).
Cobalt is way smarter, yeah, but I don’t think she’d expect someone to be able to fight in complete darkness, especially when she believes Asuna is some ordinary threat at first when she rushes in. It’s true that the circumstances are way different, but I don’t think Asuna would be completely overwhelmed when she can fight just as well in total darkness.

As for the signatures, it’d depend if they are actually sentient or not, which, judging by their name, they are basically just fake aura’s, so they can’t really have a killing intent that Asuna’s instincts would pick up to confuse one of them with the actual cobalt. You’ve said yourself that it could, at the very least, give Asuna hints, and while Asuna obviously isn’t as smart as cobalt in battle iq, she’s not dumb either, so she’ll probably manage to take advantage of said hints even if the signatures as sentient and could confuse Asuna (Which I don’t think they are, once again, judging by their name)

And even if all of that somehow doesn’t work, you haven’t mentioned that Asuna can always use playback to stop her from using the move in the first place, preventing her from being in such a sticky situation entirely, or even using fortune to correctly guess the real cobalt from the fake signatures. Fortune isn’t a guarantee, but Asuna can always try again.
I should also point out that Cobalt has only just unlocked her power and she’s instantly this good with them and basically improving drastically throughout the fight when it comes to her understanding of her own energy, to the point that she invented all the much more advanced abilities in Max Aura on the spot when she needed them, so it seems she has much greater skill and especially the mental prowess to due so when facing off with someone who abused her for years (in addition to his fear manip and basically ignoring it). She’s also dealt with his speed amps via things such as Rocket Mode, which becomes much easier via her ‘power up’ which she should be using real fast in this fight. Her speed increases proportionally to her power, so the gap of turbocharge doesn’t seem quite as bad as I initially thought.
Asuna is in a somewhat similar spot as cobalt, since she became very skilled even after just being reincarnated, though she did have a lot of prior experience with dangerous situations beforehand, which is how her danger sense kinda came to be. That and Fighting is all in asuna’s instincts and nature at this point.

Asuna Also has reactive evolution, which has been shown to allow her to close pretty significant skill & experience gaps (Volume 1 chapter 3 against Kedron in the dark forest) and also helps with pushing her soul to the very limit to improve strength and speed to a certain extent (XP still limits it to only going to a certain extent, but it’s still a fair gain) so even if cobalt is more skilled starting off, Asuna can close the gap and make them 50/50 in that department

Marx’ speed amps seem to be at or close to blitz ranges considering that skate/rocket mode is described as “easily” surpassing cobalts’ speed, at least at first. Depending on who you ask, speed blitzing is 3-5x, so Asuna would still be twice as fast with turbocharge activated (Not counting supercharge if Asuna finds herself getting desperate later on) which, while still gives her an advantage in this regard, shouldn’t be a game-ending move like I’ve mentioned above and in another thread before I think

I once again don’t have time for a big reply since it’s basically time for bed, but I do wanna get a few minor things out of the way before my next real one
(I don’t quite get what you mean by that for sum reason lol)
What I mean by this is that Cobalt uses her energy to force Asuna outwards, disallowing her to use her speed advantage by simply blitzing towards cobalt and slicing her up or something similar. It would basically forcefully twist her to move the opposite direction. It does this for ranged attacks too but isn’t absolute, and like some other moves of hers it’s difficult to attack while defending with it

Noise doesn’t exactly mean you can still predict it very easily, which is why it’s a notable feat in the first place. It’s not like Asuna was using echolocation midfight or something 🗿 It is pretty big, but Asuna’s was dodging it’s blows when she was in range before she leapt back to get distance, and once again, couldn’t see it, and still dodged on instinct alone. It does make it a big target, but being big also means your attacks are also pretty big, too, and the fact that the golem is not smart at all only makes it less predictable, therefore more a feat, since it doesn’t really have the mental capacity for a specific attack pattern, it just attacks at random, which is also why it’s a feat lol
I still have a problem with this. No, just no, you can literally hear where it’s coming from 🗿 that basically destroys the fact that she can’t see it being super impressive and makes it just mildly impressive. You don’t need echolocation to literally hear this massive raging monster right near you, lol, I bet even I could find a way to dodge it in real life if I could hear it (obvs simply running the opposite way of the sound). Being less intelligent doesn’t make for less predictability either. I mean, what would it do that isn’t predicable by any fighter who’s even a little bit capable? It’s a raging beast, all it’s going to do is kick or punch you and because it’s intellect is akin to an animal it’s just going to use the fact that it’s big to try and overpower you this way. Very easy, no, extremely easy to predict even without a set pattern. Being random doesn’t mean much when he has less options of attacking than you can count on a single hand

Last edited:
What I mean by this is that Cobalt uses her energy to force Asuna outwards, disallowing her to use her speed advantage by simply blitzing towards cobalt and slicing her up or something similar. It would basically forcefully twist her to move the opposite direction. It does this for ranged attacks too but isn’t absolute, and like some other moves of hers it’s difficult to attack while defending with it
Okie dokie, since cobalt can’t really attack with it, at least as much as she can without it, she wouldn’t be able to make much progress with it, if at all, since Asuna can see pretty much all of her moves coming ahead of time, anyway, but that’s also something Asuna could potentially use nullify on if she gets the idea to replicate said skill through power creation if she wants to deal damage.
still have a problem with this. No, just no, you can literally hear where it’s coming from 🗿 that basically destroys the fact that she can’t see it being super impressive and makes it just mildly impressive. You don’t need echolocation to literally hear this massive raging monster right near you, lol, I bet even I could find a way to dodge it in real life if I could hear it (obvs simply running the opposite way of the sound). Being less intelligent doesn’t make for less predictability either. I mean, what would it do that isn’t predicable by any fighter who’s even a little bit capable? It’s a raging beast, all it’s going to do is kick or punch you and because it’s intellect is akin to an animal it’s just going to use the fact that it’s big to try and overpower you this way. Very easy, no, extremely easy to predict even without a set pattern. Being random doesn’t mean much when he has less options of attacking than you can count on a single hand
I refreshed myself briefly on the encounter in chapter 1, and I found some stuff that should work against the noise thing mainly. First off, the golem doesn’t even have a mouth, so it can’t exactly roar, and it never did in the brief fight Asuna had with it, lol. If it could, then anyone wandering there would be able to see it coming a mile away, and adventurers could gang up on one for free XP 🗿 It can cause the ground to shake with it’s sheer movements, but it can hide in place to take humans by surprise, like it did to that one victim Asuna found. And, plus, earthquakes aren’t really something you can feel the source direction of either. Basically, a golem doesn’t just walk around and make itself a beacon, it takes people by surprise before they can react, and that’s why they are only seen at night. And is exactly what Asuna sensed.

In fact, this is literally on the golems’ profile:

Stealth Mastery (Golems are skilled at hiding in their respective environment despite their size.)

As for its predictability in an actual battle, its limited abilities is fair, but you have to remember that that’s why it sneaks up on people to get extremely close where it wants them and can use it to it’s maximum, it’s like it’s basic hunting instinct. And the way it uses those swinging attacks is entirely random when it attacks. It’s not something that you can just predict.

Think of it like this: There’s 10 different possible ways it can move its arm (Slam the ground, swipe, straight punch, diagonal slice, horizontal slice, palmslap, etc), and it chooses 1 at random. You cannot dodge it, and you must make the right movement to block it, similair to Asuna’s situation. How do you predict the movement it will choose? Answer: Guess 🗿 (Unless you have precog or similair like Asuna did) it’d be like trying to guess how many marbles are in a jar… BUT YOU CAN BAREKY SEE THE FREAKING JAR TO BEGIN WITH

^ Asuna did see it a split second before it attacked her (Which says a lot about it’s tactic about hiding to get in close, especially since Asuna noted just before that she “Couldn’t see very far” in front of her. Which would be, like, a couple of meters.) but it was still clearly dark, so she couldn’t make out much of it’s figure, yet she could still predict it’s movements in what’s described as nigh-pitch darkness. I don’t think total darkness like cobalt would induce here would be much different when Asuna was practically blind anyway when that happened, lol.

^^ She made a big deal out of danger sense in there because she had to rely on it, which should put into perspective how little she could see, which is why I’m describing it as being basically blindfolded.

Last edited:
Btw Sleep well 👍 and also
Have nightmares about javen soloing aerneia one day hehehe 😈

I refreshed myself briefly on the encounter in chapter 1, and I found some stuff that should work against the noise thing mainly. First off, the golem doesn’t even have a mouth, so it can’t exactly roar, and it never did in the brief fight Asuna had with it, lol. If it could, then anyone wandering there would be able to see it coming a mile away, and adventurers could gang up on one for free XP 🗿 It can cause the ground to shake with it’s sheer movements, but it can hide in place to take humans by surprise, like it did to that one victim Asuna found. And, plus, earthquakes aren’t really something you can feel the source direction of either. Basically, a golem doesn’t just walk around and make itself a beacon, it takes people by surprise before they can react, and that’s why they are only seen at night. And is exactly what Asuna sensed.

In fact, this is literally on the golems’ profile:

Stealth Mastery (Golems are skilled at hiding in their respective environment despite their size.)

As for its predictability in an actual battle, its limited abilities is fair, but you have to remember that that’s why it sneaks up on people to get extremely close where it wants them and can use it to it’s maximum, it’s like it’s basic hunting instinct. And the way it uses those swinging attacks is entirely random when it attacks. It’s not something that you can just predict.

Think of it like this: There’s 10 different possible ways it can move its arm (Slam the ground, swipe, straight punch, diagonal slice, horizontal slice, palmslap, etc), and it chooses 1 at random. You cannot dodge it, and you must make the right movement to block it, similair to Asuna’s situation. How do you predict the movement it will choose? Answer: Guess 🗿 (Unless you have precog or similair like Asuna did) it’d be like trying to guess how many marbles are in a jar… BUT YOU CAN BAREKY SEE THE FREAKING JAR TO BEGIN WITH

^ Asuna did see it a split second before it attacked her (Which says a lot about it’s tactic about hiding to get in close, especially since Asuna noted just before that she “Couldn’t see very far” in front of her. Which would be, like, a couple of meters.) but it was still clearly dark, so she couldn’t make out much of it’s figure, yet she could still predict it’s movements in what’s described as nigh-pitch darkness. I don’t think total darkness like cobalt would induce here would be much different when Asuna was practically blind anyway when that happened, lol.

^^ She made a big deal out of danger sense in there because she had to rely on it, which should put into perspective how little she could see, which is why I’m describing it as being basically blindfolded.
Sure, this is all fair, but the larger point is that it’s not a comparable feat at all when it comes to fighting a golem to fighting Cobalt Gemini who might as well be a deity next to one

I’ll accept the loss if Javen comes up with reeeeaaaallllyyy good lore reasons as to how he has a character able to surpass her
True creator is a side character in Stick Shenanigans and created the Stick Shenanigans multiverse and is more dimensions above Face who is 5D, true creator was once a lonely spirit waiting for entertainment when he found out he had creation powers he didn't know how to make a universe let alone entertainment for himself so he had created Face to do the process for him which led to the creation of the SS multiverse and everything along side it at first he loved the process of humanity but soon he gone tired of it and decided to replace them with Stickfigures and soon other creatures, Anthropomorphic animals, soul swapping creatures, and star people, soon he made more universes with them resulting to more universes by the secobd and made multiverse after multiverse, He had helped in Defeating the xono king who caused the Xono infection, aswell as killing azathoth who is comparable to Face in power, True creator then learned there was more waiting for him in other multiverses he didn't create and gone there to seek more adventures.

True creator is a side character in Stick Shenanigans and created the Stick Shenanigans multiverse and is more dimensions above Face who is 5D, true creator was once a lonely spirit waiting for entertainment when he found out he had creation powers he didn't know how to make a universe let alone entertainment for himself so he had created Face to do the process for him which led to the creation of the SS multiverse and everything along side it at first he loved the process of humanity but soon he gone tired of it and decided to replace them with Stickfigures and soon other creatures, Anthropomorphic animals, soul swapping creatures, and star people, soon he made more universes with them resulting to more universes by the secobd and made multiverse after multiverse, He had helped in Defeating the xono king who caused the Xono infection, aswell as killing azathoth who is comparable to Face in power, True creator then learned there was more waiting for him in other multiverses he didn't create and gone there to seek more adventures.
I mean yeah that’s good, but nothing really like the lore I’ve come up with and I don’t see how this equates to beating Aerneia since she wasn’t ever be used in a 5D fight 🗿

I mean yeah that’s good, but nothing really like the lore I’ve come up with and I don’t see how this equates to beating Aerneia since she wasn’t ever be used in a 5D fight 🗿
Tkdmcmem
GAHHHHH
Also does that mean TC beats her 🤔

Tkdmcmem
GAHHHHH
Also does that mean TC beats her 🤔
Maybe? Depends on how I change magistream up in the update but most likely yes, although they don’t have a chance against any higher dimensional beings of V. Verse

Sure, this is all fair, but the larger point is that it’s not a comparable feat at all when it comes to fighting a golem to fighting Cobalt Gemini who might as well be a deity next to one
Asuna was at a similair level when she fought a golem, and so is she against cobalt in these battle conditions. Even if Asuna can’t escape plutonium bend conventionally (Which I think she probably could) she can always A, reverse time to stop her from using that move in the first place, or B, use fortune to correctly guess which presence is the real cobalt, so I doubt that’s something Asuna would have trouble with for very long either way

Also sorry for the long ahh response before lol

Asuna was at a similair level when she fought a golem, and so is she against cobalt in these battle conditions. Even if Asuna can’t escape plutonium bend conventionally (Which I think she probably could) she can always A, reverse time to stop her from using that move in the first place, or B, use fortune to correctly guess which presence is the real cobalt, so I doubt that’s something Asuna would have trouble with for very long either way

Behehe

I don’t think you understand what I’m getting at, it’s not just plutonium bend, Cobalt clearly is far, far harder to deal with than a golem lol. You are assuming she has the methods to counter Cobalt similarly to the golem, when the opposite seems true. Cobalt >>>>>>>>> golems in all ways.

Fortune could only work so well if Cobalt makes more and more also. Like with shiny hunting, you can raise your odds through some methods, but it’s still all the same if the odds are already against you.

Playback has cooldowns and Cobalt should be able to easily figure out what she’s doing if she uses it, although it’s not something she’s experienced, she’s good at deciphering how an opponent is working with limited knowledge, plus it won’t help with her offense at all based on everything I know (after all, if playback did help with offense, Asuna would’ve been barred from the tourney 🗿)

Fortune could only work so well if Cobalt makes more and more also. Like with shiny hunting, you can raise your odds through some methods, but it’s still all the same if the odds are already against you.
It’s…. Literally a 75% odds of success at any task, lol
Playback has cooldowns and Cobalt should be able to easily figure out what she’s doing if she uses it, although it’s not something she’s experienced, she’s good at deciphering how an opponent is working with limited knowledge, plus it won’t help with her offense at all based on everything I know (after all, if playback did help with offense, Asuna would’ve been barred from the tourney 🗿)
Asuna can’t attack whilst using it to reverse or pause time, yeah, but it’s still something that would be pretty effective with preventing an attack before it happens whenever possible. I don’t think cobalt will expect Asuna to suddenly change strategies before she decides to use it either

Another thing seeming to be a bit stompy… you’re telling me that even if cobalt made a thousand fakes there’s still a 75% chance of getting the right one? That seems a little bit ridiculous
It does have a 30 second cooldown if I remember correctly, and can’t cause outright impossible things to happen (Like cobalt suddenly exploding from the inside, or if cobalt somehow made an astronomically large or infinite number of them), and there’s also the fact it’s not a guarantee. Guessing the right one out of dozens or hundreds with buffed luck like that should be possible though, but I don’t think it’d be game-ending stomp level. It’d be a useful tool like Plutonium shield is with it’s 6-C dura, more like.

But that’s if Asuna for some reason can’t do anything in complete darkness, which she’s basically already done ^^^ Cobalt can solo any golem, obviously, but the fact still remains that Asuna isn’t really affected by darkness much when it comes to prediction. The signatures don’t seem to be sentient judging by how they are named, so Asuna’s instincts will only pick up one presence, and that’d be actual cobalt (Unless the fake signatures are just clones, which they don’t seem to be)

Another thing seeming to be a bit stompy… you’re telling me that even if cobalt made a thousand fakes there’s still a 75% chance of getting the right one? That seems a little bit ridiculous
It does have a 30 second cooldown if I remember correctly, and can’t cause outright impossible things to happen (Like cobalt suddenly exploding from the inside, or if cobalt somehow made an astronomically large or infinite number of them), and there’s also the fact it’s not a guarantee. Guessing the right one out of dozens or hundreds with buffed luck like that should be possible though, but I don’t think it’d be game-ending stomp level. It’d be a useful tool like Plutonium shield is with it’s 6-C dura, more like.

But that’s if Asuna for some reason can’t do anything in complete darkness, which she’s basically already done ^^^ Cobalt can solo any golem, obviously, but the fact still remains that Asuna isn’t really affected by darkness much when it comes to prediction. The signatures don’t seem to be sentient judging by how they are named, so Asuna’s instincts will only pick up one presence, and that’d be actual cobalt (Unless the fake signatures are just clones, which they don’t seem to be)
Out of topic but when are you two gonna join here?

^ And also, if Asuna is ever reallllllly stuck there and nothing works for whatever reason, she can always teleport away with a riftway

I see, I get it now but I already knew about the whole ‘doesn’t make the impossible occur’ stuff from all the pre tourney discussion, and it’s not like guessing the right thing means that Asuna wins. Would be a shock to cobalt but she can adapt to such things on the fly (another thing seen during Marx match, as his monster form has many brand new and crazy powers). I feel I should also note Cobalt’s great mental toughness since she was able to hold against Marx, who was her abuser ever since she was made.

Also also, even Marx couldn’t really tell the real from not real right away, and he’s an extraordinary genius with scarily advanced scanner tech. Do with that knowledge what you will.
^ And also, if Asuna is ever reallllllly stuck there and nothing works for whatever reason, she can always teleport away with a riftway
I feel like the fact that Cobalt having portals as well not being brought up yet is weird 🗿 like, they basically have the same thing going on when it comes to those, given that these are hyperspace gates pretty much exactly the same as Blast uses (hopefully you know enough about OPM so I don’t need to explain them)

I see, I get it now but I already knew about the whole ‘doesn’t make the impossible occur’ stuff from all the pre tourney discussion, and it’s not like guessing the right thing means that Asuna wins. Would be a shock to cobalt but she can adapt to such things on the fly (another thing seen during Marx match, as his monster form has many brand new and crazy powers). I feel I should also note Cobalt’s great mental toughness since she was able to hold against Marx, who was her abuser ever since she was made.
Yeah, but it would mean that plutonium bend wouldn’t exactly be effective once Asuna knows which one is the real cobalt. Even if she spends the entire fight in that state, she can still fight just as well as she can in daylight in darkness, which is why I was bringing up the golem encounter. Cobalt would adapt, sure, but there’s not a whole lot else she can do against literal luck buffs and time travels unless she can get new abilities on the fly like Asuna can.

Cobalt’s mental endurance is definitely very tough, but Asuna has lived basically her whole life in extreme conditions too, as a total outcast just because she was a Weeb, and could hardly defend herself from almost daily beatings, had parents who hardly gave a crap about her, and even nearly died a few times, and yet she still held on to hope. She didn’t even panic that much when she had a huge hole in her chest after taking a hit for Shizu either in chapter 3. She said it hurt a lot more than she’s ever hurt before, but Asuna pushed through that pretty quickly to the point where she almost forgot about it mid-fight. Asuna’s out here with endurance that would give guts a run for his money 🗿
Also also, even Marx couldn’t really tell the real from not real right away, and he’s an extraordinary genius with scarily advanced scanner tech. Do with that knowledge what you will.
That’s true, which is why I said cobalt was smarter since she’s comparable to him, but Asuna’s danger sense is instinctual, not robotic. It’s not the same situation. You haven’t said whether the signatures are actually sentient or not, which judging by their name I don’t think they should be. Danger sense picks up ill intent for Asuna, similar to how some people in real life, like navy captains in iraq, just ‘know’ when bad things are about to happen, like ESP/6th sense. Even if Asuna can’t tell them apart, once cobalt tries to go for an attack, Asuna will know which one’s the real one, dodge, and counterattack and keep track of it, no guessing or fortune required. And from there it’ll be like fighting as normal unless cobalt can somehow trip her up, but even then, cobalt can’t hide forever,

^ Asuna could also just use AoE Explosion Magic or Danmaku Thunder Magic for example to hit a lot of signatures at once if she’s still struggling even then (And she doesn’t just use fortune to hit the right one with a guess for sum reason) Asuna definitely has a lot of backup plans for this.

Yeah, but it would mean that plutonium bend wouldn’t exactly be effective once Asuna knows which one is the real cobalt. Even if she spends the entire fight in that state, she can still fight just as well as she can in daylight in darkness, which is why I was bringing up the golem encounter. Cobalt would adapt, sure, but there’s not a whole lot else she can do against literal luck buffs and time travels unless she can get new abilities on the fly like Asuna can.
Honestly? She can. I don’t know if I said it before, but all of Cobalt’s abilities were created by her on the fly even from just her limited understanding of her bodies energy and her DNA. This includes all of her Max Aura moves, like Plutonium Novas, Plutonium Max Hands, Plutonium Disks, and her three extremely efficient shield abilities all of which far outclass those she has access to in this key. She won’t be able to make up something like changing time but you can see how extremely efficient she actually is with her powers even with practically no experience, largely based on intellect alone but also her resolve and great genetics. I think you’re underestimating Cobalt’s ability to overpower Asuna through calculations alone.

Cobalt’s mental endurance is definitely very tough, but Asuna has lived basically her whole life in extreme conditions too, as a total outcast just because she was a Weeb, and could hardly defend herself from almost daily beatings, had parents who hardly gave a crap about her, and even nearly died a few times, and yet she still held on to hope. She didn’t even panic that much when she had a huge hole in her chest after taking a hit for Shizu either in chapter 3. She said it hurt a lot more than she’s ever hurt before, but Asuna pushed through that pretty quickly to the point where she almost forgot about it mid-fight. Asuna’s out here with endurance that would give guts a run for his money 🗿
Although impressive, a bunch of this is physical which is totally different. Put Asuna in Cobalt's shoes for a moment. Cobalt was genetically engineered in a lab with the DNA of Blast, with her sole purpose in life to be Marx’s baby making machine (because their children would all be crazy smart and have Blast’s powers over dimensions) and viciously manipulated and controlled for years and has completely fake memories planted in her head to make her believe everything Marx wants her to. Imagine learning everything about yourself and your life is a literal lie and your existence serves no good purpose to literally anyone. Not only this, but your very existence is technically evil due to all of your actions benefitting someone like Marx Gemini. Cobalt has also technically been pregnant her entire life, and everybody knows that even a single time does awful things for your body and mental health. Hell, she was pregnant when she killed Marx! All of a sudden Cobalt’s resolve seems a lot more impressive 🗿

Plus Cobalt has Plutonium Dissipation, which deconstructs. This could be fixed with her time thing but I imagine having her chest area totally deconstructed rather than stabbed or whatever would be far worse for her
That’s true, which is why I said cobalt was smarter since she’s comparable to him, but Asuna’s danger sense is instinctual, not robotic. It’s not the same situation. You haven’t said whether the signatures are actually sentient or not, which judging by their name I don’t think they should be. Danger sense picks up ill intent for Asuna, similar to how some people in real life, like navy captains in iraq, just ‘know’ when bad things are about to happen, like ESP/6th sense. Even if Asuna can’t tell them apart, once cobalt tries to go for an attack, Asuna will know which one’s the real one, dodge, and counterattack and keep track of it, no guessing or fortune required. And from there it’ll be like fighting as normal unless cobalt can somehow trip her up, but even then, cobalt can’t hide forever,

^ Asuna could also just use AoE Explosion Magic or Danmaku Thunder Magic for example to hit a lot of signatures at once if she’s still struggling even then (And she doesn’t just use fortune to hit the right one with a guess for sum reason) Asuna definitely has a lot of backup plans for this.
I don’t feel like I need to say it, I said at first that they’re literally fake copies, it’s literally just cobalt-shaped energy things hid behind a lack of light, which is what normally makes this strategy effective. So technically I’ve already said so

Her sense is impressive but I have a hard time thinking that it’s better than an extraordinary genius’ intuition, who also has great knowledge on Cobalt’s very specific energy, the way it flows, its general power and special uses with it (he was in charge of the Synthetic Human project which lead to her creation), plus his scanners telling him a bunch of stuff too, and his general careful attitude about the whole thing. Please do not underestimate this 🙈 it’s not as simple as you’re suggesting currently.

Cobalt has more than enough intellect and general prowess with fighting and thinking to ‘trip her up.’

Plutonium Hand also deals with AOE pretty easily. Cobalt can use it from behind Plutonium Bend to make it even easier to handle. Doesn’t seem to matter due to previous arguments though. Cobalt is clearly smart and won’t resort to some pointless strategy after it becomes clear that it isn’t working

Cobalt has 4 children, she was pregnant again when she fought him. Marx made her to be the incubator of an army of super-soldiers all with Blast DNA and extraordinary genius intellect (plus he's just rotten and took advantage of her)
No no no
Cobalt is like 4 y/o me and Leo discovered this in her comments yeye

Back