• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucius has 4D precognition/retrocognition multiversal and Asta has precognition resistance Divination

Yeah, I essentially created a new staff thread to address a wording issue in the draft. I don't think 4D has any definitive tier, so based on my understanding from @LordGinSama's posts, he is specifically referring to the 2-A range. I don't think you were suggesting this. You were simply proposing a 2-C range ability.

Going back to the discussion itself; if I am not mistaken, or if I misunderstood the intentions, you are simply trying to propose 4D precognition in the sense that he simply foresees thousands of futures. The argument for it or the underlying principle you use for the thread's premise is that you equate “future” to be a timeline.

There is a misconception here. I am not sure why an ability that is solely focused on foreseeing multiple futures (and not any other point in time) requires foreseeing the present and the past. This is not how precognition works. Precognition is only the ability to foresee futures, and not any other points in time.

So here is the trick; your assumption relies on the future(s) in that statement being blatantly different existing timelines, which is not our default standard to follow. Let me demonstrate this. You can see multiple futures on the same time-axis, in the sense that you can see multiple outcomes. As far as the panel here suggests, it is a bit akin to Yhwach's ability – he can foresee multiple futures, except for one (Yhwach could not foresee the arrow coming either).

The line "Of the tens of thousands of futures I foresee... There's just one where they have the advantage" highlights that he is capable to foresee into a multitude of potential outcomes without necessitating the existence of multiple timelines or distinct time-axes.

The key insight here lies in the diversity of these futures—each representing a different set of events, choices, and circumstances. The character's foresight, therefore, is not about traversing various timelines but rather exploring the myriad ways in which events can unfold within the confines of a single, continuous reality.

Also, why exactly the resistance? He is not supposed to see every existing future in the verse, so him not seeing Asta's future could simply be due to a lack of further range or limitations of the range.

If you are trying to give 4D precognition in the sense that he could cover multiple time axes, then you need to provide more shreds of evidence than this, since he is doing what any precognition user does – seeing multiple futures. So, I disagree with the thread.

If your focus is on the quantity (some people may argue that foreseeing 10 futures < 1000 futures), I think this has already been accepted in the profile.

Just when I talk about preco 4D I'm talking about the hax of course not about existence in re-reading it seems like you were talking to me about existence ? @LordGinSama

Oui, j’ai essentiellement créé un nouveau fil de discussion pour résoudre un problème de formulation dans le brouillon. Je ne pense pas que 4D ait un niveau définitif, donc d’après ce que j’ai compris des messages de @LordGinSama, il fait spécifiquement référence à la gamme 2-A. Je ne pense pas que ce que vous suggériez. Vous proposiez simplement une capacité de portée de 2-C.

Pour en revenir à la discussion elle-même ; si je ne me trompe pas, ou si j’ai mal compris les intentions, vous essayez simplement de proposer une précognition 4D dans le sens où il prévoit simplement des milliers de futurs. L’argument en sa faveur, ou le principe sous-jacent que vous utilisez pour la prémisse du fil de discussion, est que vous assimilez le « futur » à une chronologie.
Not only the future tense, since the kanji of the parallel yuno world give us Lucius' notions of the past and the years until the future where he becomes king of Spade in the other universe. So let the whole timeline be.
Il y a là une idée fausse. Je ne suis pas sûr qu’une capacité qui se concentre uniquement sur la prévision de plusieurs futurs (et pas sur un autre point dans le temps) nécessite de prévoir le présent et le passé. Ce n’est pas ainsi que fonctionne la précognition. La précognition n’est que la capacité de prévoir l’avenir, et non d’autres moments dans le temps.
You didn't take into account the demonstration and the Kanji that tells us verbatim that it sees the past and the years, i.e. the timeline in its entirety.
Voici donc l’astuce ; Votre hypothèse repose sur le fait que le ou les futurs énoncés dans cette déclaration sont manifestement différents des échéanciers existants, ce qui n’est pas notre norme par défaut à suivre. Permettez-moi de vous le démontrer. Vous pouvez voir plusieurs futurs sur le même axe temporel, dans le sens où vous pouvez voir plusieurs résultats. D’après ce que le panneau suggère ici, c’est un peu semblable à la capacité d’Yhwach – il peut prévoir plusieurs avenirs, sauf un (Yhwach ne pouvait pas non plus prévoir l’arrivée de la flèche).
Again, you don't take Kanji as an idea when it's the intrinsic thing that shows us that it doesn't just see the future.
La phrase « Sur les dizaines de milliers d’avenirs que je prévois... Il n’y en a qu’un où ils ont l’avantage » souligne qu’il est capable de prévoir une multitude de résultats potentiels sans nécessiter l’existence de plusieurs lignes de temps ou d’axes temporels distincts.
Referring to another world literally shows us that there are other timelines you don't take into account arguments with kanji.
L’idée clé ici réside dans la diversité de ces avenirs, chacun représentant un ensemble différent d’événements, de choix et de circonstances. La clairvoyance du personnage ne consiste donc pas à traverser différentes lignes temporelles, mais plutôt à explorer la myriade de façons dont les événements peuvent se dérouler dans les limites d’une réalité unique et continue.
Again, no, the parallel Yuno world demonstrates the opposite.
Aussi, pourquoi exactement cette résistance ? Il n’est pas censé voir tous les futurs existants dans le verset, donc le fait qu’il ne voie pas l’avenir d’Asta pourrait simplement être dû à un manque de portée supplémentaire ou à des limitations de la portée.
Well, not just that Asta has too much influence on Lucius, which Dorothy will claim on the fact that it is impossible to see into the future of Asta, and that Asta affects the future of his timeline.
Si vous essayez de donner à 4D la précognition dans le sens où il pourrait couvrir plusieurs axes temporels, alors vous devez fournir plus de lambeaux de preuves que cela, puisqu’il fait ce que fait n’importe quel utilisateur de précognition – voir plusieurs futurs. Donc, je ne suis pas d’accord avec le fil.
Okay, if you don't agree with these as you wanted, but I think you didn't take into account some of what I said on the thread.
Si vous vous concentrez sur la quantité (certaines personnes diront que prévoir 10 contrats à terme < 1000 contrats à terme), je pense que cela a déjà été accepté dans le profil.
okay

Kanji does not give a direct absolute unchanging definition, so if your entire premise is to rely on this ignoring the context surrender it, then I am still in disagreement with it. The fact is, I am not sure which posts of mine you are trying to refer, because they are French, so it is hard to figure what you are talking about.

Kanji does not give a direct absolute unchanging definition, so if your entire premise is to rely on this ignoring the context surrender it, then I am still in disagreement with it. The fact is, I am not sure which posts of mine you are trying to refer, because they are French, so it is hard to figure what you are talking about.
um, sorry to contradict you, but if while knowing that the Kanji are much more to take into account since it refers to the original showing us that Lucius does much more than see in the future what is demonstrated to us verbatim, you don't even try to understand the induced notional facts that support my premise, It's serious, sir. And sorry to say this, but it's more about you ignoring the context provided with the kanji.

And yes, I support my poremisse with this point because kanji are intrinsic to every statement and demonstration in manga.

For the articles just have to follow the order of the answers in relation to your text to understand what I am talking about, in short you do not agree with these noted briefly. ☹️☹️☹️

euh, désolé de vous contredire, mais si tout en sachant que les Kanji sont beaucoup plus à prendre en compte puisqu’il se réfère à l’original nous montrant que Lucius fait bien plus que voir dans le futur ce qui nous est démontré textuellement, vous n’essayez même pas de comprendre les faits notionnels induits qui soutiennent ma prémisse, C’est grave monsieur. And sorry to say this, but it's more about you ignoring the context provided with the kanji.

Et oui, je soutiens ma prémisse sur ce point parce que vous ne parlez que de l’avenir sans tenir compte de ce qu’il est inclus dans la vision du passé et des années comme si vous l’esquiviez, Et pourtant, pour ce genre de chose, votre meilleur est basé sur l’originalité et toutes les preuves marquées mot pour mot et les kanji concernant les mangas sont plus une autorité.

For the articles just have to follow the order of the answers in relation to your text to understand what I am talking about, in short you do not agree with these noted briefly. ☹️☹️☹️
You accidentally left some of the text in french

Wouldn't it be better to wait for the next chapter? There are already 3 topics with the same precognition proposal for Lucius, with none being accepted. And currently we cannot even say whether the country of the sun is present on the same PLANET or in a totally different DIMENSION from the other kingdoms,However, the questions in the topic and even this specific question of mine can be answered in the next chapter since Asta and Ichika will definitely meet Lucius

um, sorry to contradict you, but if while knowing that the Kanji are much more to take into account since it refers to the original showing us that Lucius does much more than see in the future what is demonstrated to us verbatim, you don't even try to understand the induced notional facts that support my premise, It's serious, sir. And sorry to say this, but it's more about you ignoring the context provided with the kanji.
I maintain my stance. Examining the definition of kanji in isolation, without considering its context, is not my approach to evaluating the statement's premise. By assuming the existence of multiple timelines within the verse, based on the equivalence of futures and timelines, you are making unwarranted assumptions.

I am aware that in this context, kanji is being used to refer to timelines or universes, and that in modern language, we sometimes interchange these terms. However, to arrive at a coherent interpretation, it is crucial to note that the king specifically mentioned "one future gives an advantage." To me, this indicates his ability to foresee outcomes rather than suggesting the existence of 1000 different timelines.

I maintain my stance. Examining the definition of kanji in isolation, without considering its context, is not my approach to evaluating the statement's premise. By assuming the existence of multiple timelines within the verse, based on the equivalence of futures and timelines, you are making unwarranted assumptions.

I am aware that in this context, kanji is being used to refer to timelines or universes, and that in modern language, we sometimes interchange these terms. However, to arrive at a coherent interpretation, it is crucial to note that the king specifically mentioned "one future gives an advantage." To me, this indicates his ability to foresee outcomes rather than suggesting the existence of 1000 different timelines.
okay

Wouldn't it be better to wait for the next chapter? There are already 3 topics with the same precognition proposal for Lucius, with none being accepted. And currently we cannot even say whether the country of the sun is present on the same PLANET or in a totally different DIMENSION from the other kingdoms,However, the questions in the topic and even this specific question of mine can be answered in the next chapter since Asta and Ichika will definitely meet Lucius
I'll wait but for now I'm maintaining my premise having the rest.

I'm just bothering you so that at least we can agree on something.

Concerning 4d for precognition, I'm not going to dwell on it, we've talked about it a lot.

d48b5-16849109726997.jpg

Screenshot_20231102-2205032.png

For the multiversal part, here's what Lucius tells us as references: "Of all worlds", which means "of all worlds". This makes us understand that Lucius does see several worlds, but in particular that they are real and physical.

@CloverDragon03 can give you more details.

So much for multiversal precognition, this is my very last chance, so I'm banking on the translation and the verbatim source given by lucius.

@ImmortalDread @BestMGQScalerEver @LordGinSama @WTF @DarkDragonMedeus

You need the agreement of at least three evaluating staff (Thread Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats). My agreement actually doesn't mean much

kesimpulannya asta akan memiliki ketahanan terhadap ramalan prekognisi 4D tipe Lucius, tapi itu juga akan membuat mustahil untuk melihat garis waktu dan dunia atau alam semesta yang tak terhitung jumlah seperti yang Anda inginkan, dia tidak akan memiliki kekuatan atas dirinya
You don't notice that Lucius is the one who sees Asta's future, Asta is the one who controls all the destinies of his friends, and this is passive, because it requires precog to manipulate Asta to be useful, in conclusion I agree, GG

conclusion asta would have resistance to Lucius' type of 4D precognition divination, but that would also make it impossible to see into countless timelines and worlds or universes as you wish
You don't realize that Lucius is the one who sees Asta's future, Asta is the one who controls all the fate of his friends, and this is passive because it requires a precog to fate manipulation Asta's destiny to be useful, in conclusion I agree.

What immortaldread said.
Seeing possible futures no longer Grant's 4D, unless you are seeing actual timelines. Which Lcious is not.

I don understand your question.
4D is for seeing the entire length of the future, from the present till the end of the universe i.e. seeing something infinite time in the future.

You don't realize that Lucius is the one who sees Asta's future, Asta is the one who controls all the fate of his friends, and this is passive because it requires a precog to fate manipulation Asta's destiny to be useful, in conclusion I agree.
I would like to tell you that 4D would not be valid but only the multiversal range.

Range probably won't work with this new standard change/reword

What immortaldread said.
Seeing possible futures no longer Grant's 4D, unless you are seeing actual timelines. Which Lcious is not.
Of course lucius sees real time lines.

d48b5-16849109726997.jpg

Lucius tells us as references: "Of all worlds", which means "of all worlds". This makes us understand that Lucius does see several worlds, but in particular that they are real and physical.

And so with that and my argument from the thread in addition to sees the whole timeline of parallel yuno, this is a physical real world.

Range probably won't work with this new standard change/reword
But we have verbatim proof that he can see a whole timeline with the parallel Yuno, and the fact that he says "OF ALL WORLDS" proves that he can not only see the whole space-time continuum of one world with the Yuno of the other, but also that this applies to countless existing worlds.

but if you stick to your position, I'll take note.

Of course lucius sees real time lines.

d48b5-16849109726997.jpg

Lucius tells us as references: "Of all worlds", which means "of all worlds". This makes us understand that Lucius does see several worlds, but in particular that they are real and physical.

And so with that and my argument from the thread in addition to sees the whole timeline of parallel yuno, this is a physical real world.
But he's not simultaneously seeing the entire 4-D manifold. He's just peering into events in time.

But he's not simultaneously seeing the entire 4-D manifold. He's just peering into events in time.
So can you explain to me why Lucius tells us about past events and years that he notably perceived and the fact that Yuno was becoming strong in the future of this world? He's literally showing us that he perceives their world and its past.

Even the kanji give us notional facts about the past and the years.

So can you explain to me why Lucius tells us about past events and years that he notably perceived and the fact that Yuno was becoming strong in the future of this world? He's literally showing us that he perceives their world and its past.

Even the kanji give us notional facts about the past and the years.
That's just peering into specific events though not viewing entirety of the past present and future simultaneously.

That's just peering into specific events though not viewing entirety of the past present and future simultaneously.
But he has seen into the past and the future of this world, and to get from the past to the future you have to go through the present, so I stand by my premise.

But he has seen into the past and the future of this world, and to get from the past to the future you have to go through the present, so I stand by my premise.
This is never stated nor implied.

He's looking into the future timeliness. There's no mention or implications of him also looking into the past and present, let alone all 3 at once on an infinite level.

Please don't fabricate information by reading what's not even there.

This is never stated nor implied.
Ah, so you literally reject what the kanji tell us verbatim ? Neither said nor implied, yet the Kanji of the original translation show us otherwise. :unsure:
He's looking into the future timeliness. There's no mention or implications of him also looking into the past and present, let alone all 3 at once on an infinite level.
You say that he sees the future, but you don't take into account the Kanji that show us that he sees the past in this world. Is this a Kanji error, or did you not want to take them into account ?
Please don't fabricate information by reading what's not even there.
So I make things ? I must have spun a whole bunch of false evidence in this case no kidding, the Japanese Kanji shows something verbatim and it accuses me of fabricating gg. :oops:

Ah, so you literally reject what the kanji tell us verbatim ? Neither said nor implied, yet the Kanji of the original translation show us otherwise. :unsure:

You say that he sees the future, but you don't take into account the Kanji that show us that he sees the past in this world. Is this a Kanji error, or did you not want to take them into account ?

So I make things ? I must have spun a whole bunch of false evidence in this case no kidding, the Japanese Kanji shows something verbatim and it accuses me of fabricating gg. :oops:
We do not know when Lucius saw these diverse worlds,however, it was definitely before Yuno was born , since Yuno ending up in Clover's kingdom when she was a baby was because of one of Lucius' plans, and there is also no precognition of the past, the 4D power of precognition comes from it encompassing separate timelines, Lucius certainly qualifies for this as he cites alternative futures as "worlds", However, as I said in my other comment, we will probably have more things that can complement this in the next chapters. It's worth waiting until then,And it's also not the first time this has been proposed, there are 2 more topics with exactly the same arguments that ended up in the same discussion as now

We do not know when Lucius saw these diverse worlds,however, it was definitely before Yuno was born , since Yuno ending up in Clover's kingdom when she was a baby was because of one of Lucius' plans, and there is also no precognition of the past, the 4D power of precognition comes from it encompassing separate timelines, Lucius certainly qualifies for this as he cites alternative futures as "worlds", However, as I said in my other comment, we will probably have more things that can complement this in the next chapters. It's worth waiting until then,And it's also not the first time this has been proposed, there are 2 more topics with exactly the same arguments that ended up in the same discussion as now
The only real in this thread

I disagree with everything
É claro que Lucius vê linhas em tempo real.

d48b5-16849109726997.jpg

Lúcio nos diz como referência: “De todos os mundos” , que significa “de todos os mundos” . Isso nos faz entender que Lúcio vê vários mundos, mas em particular que eles são reais e físicos.
I made 3 translations in different places, and none of them say "From all the worlds", on the contrary, they all say "Of all my predictions " (Google translator, ChatGPT and Deepl)

I disagree with everything

I made 3 translations in different places, and none of them say "From all the worlds", on the contrary, they all say "Of all my predictions " (Google translator, ChatGPT and Deepl)

Your translations basically says he can see the future of different worlds, as he can see versions of Yuno that exist in worlds where where past events didn't occur.

I think that was what the OP meant in the first place. Because there's no such thing as a Precognition that can read the past, that would be Retrocognition

I think that was what the OP meant in the first place. Because there's no such thing as a Precognition that can read the past, that would be Retrocognition
That's what I was thinking, his range extends to the other worlds, but we've yet to see retrocognition from Julius or Lucius not saying that it won't happen, but we can't make assumptions.

Back