• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you mean with that...
Ruby's semblance amplifies her speed to the point of being able to speedblitz people as fast as and faster than herself normally. Basically think of it like gear second except it also turns her intangible and grants her flight.
How does their instinctive reaction work?
also luffy's instinctive reactions costs him his ability to attack, and even then it leaves him vulnerable to Ruby's AoE
"Instinctive Reaction (Can "switch off" his conscious mind, allowing him to avoid attacks entirely on instinct however he cannot attack)"
"Gomu Gomu no Boh... (ゴムゴムのボー Gomu Gomu no Bō...?, literally meaning "Rubber Rubber Dunno..."): A technique in which Luffy "switches off" his conscious mind, allowing him to avoid attacks entirely on instinct. This made him immune to Enel's mind-reading Mantra ability. The disadvantage is that he can neither think nor attack in this state. This was first used against Enel. This is called Gum-Gum Space-Out in the Viz Manga, Gum-Gum Daze... in the FUNimation dub, and Gum-Gum Airhead in the FUNimation subs."

"how does her bullets work? Because luffy might be able to repel them..."
Thyre high-caliber sniper rifle rounds that scale to her in attack potency and are enhancd by her aura, they're not the run of the mill musket balls that luffy normally reflects
Also when has Ruby shot someone or something at close range
in almost every fight she's been in (for the vol 4 short go to 3:03)

Link profiles
200w.gif

Ruby's semblance amplifies her speed to the point of being able to speedblitz people as fast as and faster than herself normally. Basically think of it like gear second except it also turns her intangible and grants her flight.
If she can spam or use it for a long time it's a stomp...

Looks like stomp
  • Semblance: Petal Burst: Ruby's Semblance, an ability which allows her to move at a much greater speed than what she is normally capable of, appearing as nothing but a red blur leaving rose petals in its wake. She is capable of using this ability in midair as a means of flight, using it to repeatedly change directions in mid-air and attack at high speeds, and to create powerful whirlwinds that can suck in and knock away objects and foes caught by it and envelop her enemy in a tornado-like rush of air. She also exhibited the ability to seemingly transform into three separate clusters of rose petals, allowing her to flow around an opponent and their attacks before reforming. It is later revealed by Penny that Ruby's Semblance allows her to disassemble herself at a molecular level and reassemble at a chosen location. With practice, she has proven able to do the same with anyone she is in contact with. This allows her to go around obstacles or through paths that she would not otherwise fit.
I think that's why the other match were supposed to use enies lobby luffy

If it's a stomp then that old thread is wrong then, because if Luffy has no win cons then how did he win the old thread one 😐

We blindly listened to one side and all said FRA

Massively Hypersonic (Can keep up with Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai, who can dodge lightning), higher with her Semblance (post haven key) | Massively Hypersonic, higher with her Semblance (vol 7-8 key)

Basically she is faster then pepole who can dodge lightning

Maybe she is low massively hypersonic and luffy very high? I think she/he just didn't know about her speed amp

Ruby is actually faster then Mach 352.1824542718727 in this key and even higher with her semblance

If it's a stomp then that old thread is wrong then, because if Luffy has no win cons then how did he win the old thread one 😐
But you say that Luffy its easily stronger than characters who are around 2 times Ruby's strength?

Would that balance the match? Since both Luffy and Ruby had distinct advantages that the other don't have?

Luffy scales higher in AP than Ruby

Speed is equal but Ruby has the advantage with Semblance

I'm not sure how her bullets work (it's been a while) but if they're regular bullets, Luffy just bounces them back. Though she has Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Gravity Dust that she can use as ammunition, Luffy resists the fire and lightning. He may be resistant to cold, but I don't think he "resists" being encased in ice. Gravity just allows her to propel her own speed, which she can also use against Luffy as speed is equal.

Her scythe is an issue, but not that much of an issue, since Luffy at this point matched Zoro's sword style.

Ruby also has Aura, allowing her to create forcefields, enhance her strength, as well as gain enhanced senses.
Luffy has enhanced senses as well.

I'd argue that Ruby is smarter and far more skilled than Luffy in terms of combat, seeing how she's compared to Qrow by Ozpin.

Luffy has FAR better stamina than Ruby, so she needs to either get a decisive blow on him, or continually cut him down, for her to get a chance at winning.

After reading her Semblance ability, I'm not quite sure if Luffy has an answer to it (Maybe Gomu Gomu no Storm?). When she uses her Semblance (in series) she practically blitzes characters, appearing as a red blur. So her semblance gives her a decent speed advantage against Luffy. She can also apparently dissasemble herself at the molecular level, allowing her to basically act like a logia..

Ruby's major issue, I'd say, is her Aura weakness. "Continual damage to her Aura will cause it to decay to the point where she can be left open to more significant damage. Aura's durability is cumulative; it will deplete with each attack she takes and can be brought down by characters of similar strength." If Luffy manages to hit her with a barrage attack (Gomu Gomu no Gatling), he can decay her Aura pretty quickly. Especially seeing how she has 2s the AP advantage. Her semblance also takes little aura, and seeing how if she has no more aura she can't use her semblance, she could be put in a very bad spot.

However, in my opinion, I don't see Luffy winning. Ruby is smart enough and experienced enough not to avoid his hits (no matter how unpredictable Luffy's moves are: Aura (enhanced senses, forcefields), Acrobatics, Semblance (Speed Advantage, Disassembling her body to move and avoid attacks). She'd need to continually attack him because his endurance/stamina is so damn high comparable to her. He's stubborn but one fatal stab (like Crocodile's) should be able to do the trick. He may have the durability advantage but it's not too much that she cannot handle. Luffy doesn't have reliable answers to semblance, so Ruby should take this Extreme-diff.

Edit: I also disagree with the previous thread, from what I saw, there was only one person there who actually read RWBY, and argued for it.

Actually looking back, it seems that I might have "wanked" Ruby's aura. Her aura isn't actually all that durable. It's VERY possible that a pistol is enough to destroy it. Also, it's possible that Luffy could, in theory, just stretch and take her weapon form her, making her virtually useless. Considering all that, I'll change my vote to Luffy mid-diff.

"I'm not sure how her bullets work (it's been a while) but if they're regular bullets, Luffy just bounces them back. Though she has Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Gravity Dust that she can use as ammunition, Luffy resists the fire and lightning. He may be resistant to cold, but I don't think he "resists" being encased in ice. Gravity just allows her to propel her own speed, which she can also use against Luffy as speed is equal."

Theyre not just regular bullets, they scale to Ruby in AP and theyre enhanced by her aura on top of being high-caliber sniper rounds actually designed for piercing rather than the normal musket balls Luffy can reflect. Gravity actually also enhances the power of her bullets further as well.

"Actually looking back, it seems that I might have "wanked" Ruby's aura. Her aura isn't actually all that durable. It's VERY possible that a pistol is enough to destroy it. Also, it's possible that Luffy could, in theory, just stretch and take her weapon form her, making her virtually useless. Considering all that, I'll change my vote to Luffy mid-diff."

Ruby's aura can take dozens of hits from opponents on her own level, and characters in the show have shown the ability to take hits from people well above their normal level thanks to their aura (Aura can protect High 8-Cs from Low 7-B attacks albeit they still feel the pain of those attacks, because the characters live attacks from maidens). A single punch from Luffy is not going to be enough to oneshot her aura.

How is this not a stomp by speed blitz where she can spam and is intangible?….

also luffy is MUCH MUCH more skilled it’s not even close.

How is Luffy more skilled?

Luffy before going out to see didn't train with his powers and only really just help ace and sabbo fight fodder people compared to ruby who has years of training from one of the best pro huntsman to the point where tyrian who has killed multiple pro huntsmen even calls him the great qrow brawnin and that's just BoS ruby

Sure I could see how Luffy has battled more strange foes with strange powers that he can work his way around them but still

Her bullets are getting bounced off
image0.webp

How is Luffy more skilled?

Luffy before going out to see didn't train with his powers and only really just help ace and sabbo fight fodder people compared to ruby who has years of training from one of the best pro huntsman to the point where tyrian who has killed multiple pro huntsmen even calls him the great qrow brawnin and that's just BoS ruby

Sure I could see how Luffy has battled more strange foes with strange powers that he can work his way around them but still
Luffy by seeing something random once can make a whole technique out off it and even on the spot makes techniques that are very effective while fighting the opponent he is facing… luffy is very unpredictable and uses his surroundings, his instincts and damaging himself to attack. Luffy uses his weak devil fruit better then anyone and uses his own techniques or creates them on the spot that are specifically effective on the opponent he is fighting. Luffy has been fighting all his life even as a kid, his experience is much better and has created his own fighting style. No matter how skilled his opponent is, Luffy always surprises them and makes them limited in attacking. Luffy is also comparable to Zoro in skill

Last edited:
Are aware that the dust bullet picture you posted isnt Ruby's?
also Ruby has been fighting and training since she was a child as well so i don't really see how he has more experience
Yeah You posted a pic of dust handgun ammo
unknown.png

these are Ruby's bullets
Screenshot_20210820-032902.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back