• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maka vs Ruby (Let's settle this)

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

8C versions, Speed is Unequalized, that is all
Ruby_vs_Maka_-template_v2-.png

Maka Albar:

Ruby Rose: 6

So Ruby has the advantage in AP, Dura and Range. She can cover the speed gap with her Semblance and according to Maka herself, she has a problem with opponents with lot's o' direct power. I think Ruby takes this. She'll probably start in CQC considering it's one-on-one(sorta), but if Maka starts to out skill her, she can just get some distance and snipe Maka the rest of the fight. It's pretty close, but yeah, Imma votin Ruby.

Does Maka even have a path to victory though?

The AP gap isnt enough to stomp

Ruby has no hax whatsoever so nothing Maka has no defense against

A decisive victory isnt a stomp

The definition of a stomp is a character having absolutely no chance to win for whatever reason.

In his case she gets Semblance blitzed and one-shot with no counter whatsoever.

Okay, perhaps one-shoting is an exaggeration.

Still, it's more then enough to cripple her to the point that he can't save herself from a finishing follow up.

To be blunt our SE profile really sucks right now. Maka gets scaling to a 8-B feat really early in the series, so I doubt the 8-C key will stay after I revise the verse.

I'm not saying you guys can't complete the match, just know that it likely won't stay for long.

I mean.

It's kinda a stomp.

I for one would like someone to explain how Maka can win here.

The Serious Punch Maka (EoS (War on Moon Arc - Ending)) has better AP than Ruby, and Ruby is yet to fully utilise Silver Eye. So, decisive win for Ruby. Count my vote.

RebubleUselet said:
Jasonsith said:
The Serious Punch Maka (EoS (War on Moon Arc - Ending)) has better AP than Ruby, and Ruby is yet to fully utilise Silver Eye. So, decisive win for Ruby. Count my vote.
NANI?
Attack Potency of Maka Albarn
Attack Potency: Street level (Should still be above the likes of Meme Tatane and Anya Hepbur. Can hold her own against Black☆Star during that timeframe) ;; Wall level (Possesses techniques that could injure even Black☆Star at the time), Building level via hax (Her Anti-Demon Wavelength can injure those who use magic. This allowed her to utterly kill Arachne and was called dangerous by Medusa because of this) ;; Building level (Destroyed Giriko's golem body [which was at this size] and was stronger then Gopher) ;; Large Town level (Was able to fight against Kishin Asura despite admitting the latter to be more powerful due to Black Blood. Was capable of fighting Crona after absorbing Asura. Fared even better after using the Death Scythe weapon)
Key: Early (Prologues Arc) ;;BoS (Prologues - Baba Yaga Arc) ;; MoS (Grigori - Hunt Arc) ;; EoS (War on Moon Arc - Ending)
Attack Potency of Ruby Rose
Attack Potency: Building level+ (Displaced several tonnes of rock while dragging a Nevermore up a cliff) ;; Large Building level (Ca one-shot Nevermores, which previously took the combined efforts of her entire team to accomplish. Blocked strikes from a Beringel, which collapsed the roof of a large church on a whim)
Key: Pre-Timeskip (Volumes 1-3);; Post-Timeskip (Volume 4-5)
Either Large Town level AP is smaller than Large Building Level AP, or Ruby Rose's profiles (even before she is shown to fully utilise her Silver Eye) need updates right now.

Maka EoS can attack your soul directly to make you unable to fight, hack soul-related weapons to take control of them, regenerate having a hole blasted through her chest, use black blood to make her nigh-impossible to cut or pierce, sense souls and wavelengths, slice through blasts that blow apart mountain-tops, and has fought against and alongside supersonic opponents since very early on in her series.

She has all the tools needed for a victory. Especially when you think that Aura is basically projecting your soul to defend yourself, Maka's scythe eats souls. It's not entirely without credit to insist the Aura shield will benefit Maka more than Ruby.

Maka is likely better with CQC but other than that, her abilities are so incredibly verse specific that I have no idea how they would affect Ruby.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
EoS Maka is High 7-C. It's not the one we're dealing with right now.
Sigh. This site and arbitrary limitations... Point out exactly where Maka can no longer draw feats because only two things I posted were from the final battle. One of them (hacking soul weapons) didn't even involve a buff it was just Soul using the same ability he already had just in a new way. The other one was the in-combat regen of fixing a bowling,ball sized hole in her chest in presumably seconds.

Idk. EoS Maka would most likely scale to a 7-B feat instead (Crona's feat of destroying an entire city), unless I find something else.

Maka can't just punch your soul out of your body at will. At best she can null your bloodlust to death with it, but she can't ignore durability by attacking one's soul directly afaik.

Like, use soul manip to nullify one's bloodlust to the point where they don't even want to fight. Although she has only ever used this on one particularly angry guy, so not sure she can pull it off on Ruby before she gets one-shot.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Like, use soul manip to nullify one's bloodlust to the point where they don't even want to fight. Although she has only ever used this on one particularly angry guy, so not sure she can pull it off on Ruby before she gets one-shot.
Ruby's basically packing the same area of strength Maka has and Maka can do nothing to Black Blood defenses, which Maka has. How is Ruby going to even deal significant damage? Let alone oneshot?

Just going with people here saying Ruby has the AP advantage, although the current justification for 8-C Maka seems to be kinda bad.

Back