• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario (Character) Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
I can't say much about anything after the first rebuttal (except the second but I'll get to that l8r), the first thing is clearly game mechanics. Mario can easily survive attacks from him and Bowser can't do anything when Mario picks him up from behind.
Picking someone up =/= surpassing their durability, Bowser only weighs like 1-2 tons at best. Plus, he can break out if you don't lift him off the ground soon enough.

Also, since when is someone hurting you evidence that you're as strong as them?

The black hole forms not because of the star's mass, but because of the power of the Grand Star. Unless you're going to say that said star has more mass than there is in the entire universe despite being this big.

As for black hole calcs, we have two methods for them. One of which has now been rejected.

• Method 1: e=cm^2, this was rejected because it's pretty much just wank when we don't use e=mc^2 for any other creation feats
  • Method 2: One that DT suggested, just getting the mass of a black hole and then multiplying that by busting the Sun. Personally, this seems super iffy to me because DT quite literally just made it up on the spot in lack of another option

LordXcano said:
Also, since when is someone hurting you evidence that you're as strong as them?
I guess if you can survive an unrestricted attack from that person, it'd at least imply that your dura is somewhat comparable to their AP.

But can you please calculate this Bowser supernova feat everyone's getting Tier 4 cause if you don't mind/are able.

@Ryu

Just rewatched. He doesn't tank the star blowing up. The "supernova tanking" feat is the same feat of him tanking the universal black hole thing. I can calc the planet blowing up just as it turns into a black hole if you want though.

@Xcano I'm sorry to hear that it'll be hard. If you can though thank you very much for any help regardless.

And I see. Sure thing.

Alright. I got the tiering down.

Main games (and all those who scale): 4-B (via my recently accepted (by TLT and Blue) calculation) and MFTL+ (via my previously accepted calculaton)

Mario and Luigi games: 4-A and Sub-Rel to FTL

RPG: 5-B and MHS+

Radicalcoolade1 said:
wait shouldnt the mario and luigi games be higher for fighting dreamy bowser and antasma, i mean its a different continuation so...
No. Dreamy Bowser is considered an outlier, but Mario did fight Antasma in the Dream World. Also, what about the feat about Mario beating Bowser, who survived the destruction and rebirth of the universe? Could we give main series Mario a 4-B, possibly higher like there is for Bowser's durability?

Dreamy Bowser is the only 2-B feat in the whole series, so it is widely considered an outlier (though this may change). Still, in the main series, there should be at least a possibly higher or possibly Low 2-C for the feat in Super Mario Galaxy that I mentioned.

At least 4-C main games higher defeating bowser powered by the grand stars

4-A Possibly far higher defeated dreamy bowser

5-B rpg series defeated smithy

Would be better but thats my opinion

Sorry everyone, Work and school was murder. What do we have so far?

@Xano

Incorrect. He indeed tank the supernova. Planets do not have intense gravitational pull, expand from fusion, and collaspe into a black hole after exploding, which is exactly what happened in that scene. And black holes aren't quantifiable for durability but the supernovas are, thus still making it valid to scale to.

The said "tiny ass" explosion is collasped to a massive black hole that nearly destroyed the universe and last I checked, supernovas are determined by how it occurred, not the size of it.

Except that the explosion itself was extremely small. Doesn't matter what the black hole after that did. You just can't scale Bowser to High 4-C via this ridiculously small explosion.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
4-B main games higher defeating bowser powered by the grand stars
4-A Possibly far higher defeated dreamy bowser

5-B rpg series defeated smithy

Would be better bu thats my opinion
Looks good, but I think Bowser tanking the universe's destruction and reset in Super Mario Galaxy should at least be mentioned in the possibly higher, like this:

Solar System level, possibly far higher (defeated Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy who survived the destruction and rebirth of the universe, fought Bowser while he was powered by a Grand Star)

You overlooked the fact it's powered by the Grand Star, which is vastly more powerful than the Power Stars, which are at least Star level via creating a realm with a star in it and the explosion is nowhere near as small as you are making it.

Yes it is everywhere as small as I'm making it. The planet itself was small enough that Bowser was visible on its surface, and the explosion wasn't that much bigger.

That's different if you want to scale Bowser to the Grand Star, but claiming that its Supernova sized just because ain't gonna work.

His production quality is great and he can manage to be entertaining without being overly vulgar or obnoxiously loud like many other LPs.

But yeah Star level Stars (lol) sounds fine based on those reasonings.

@DRB Yup. Though let's not derail this anymore with how great Chugg is lol

So Power Stars would be 4-C then? Aren't they treated as being more powerful/impressive than the Lumas that turn into galaxies though? Or am I mistaken?

@Ryu

No, you are right. The thing is Power Stars displayed Star level feats in a game that existed before the Galaxy installments. We aren't limiting this rating to the Power Stars, just Mario and everyone else scaled from him.....assuming the cal Cal(lol) made gets dropped. We are using this as the bare minimum, unless people are ok with scaling the Power Stars to him based on the new information we got on them from the Galaxy games.

Excuse me, everyone. I've been thinking just recently about this topic. The reason for the way Mario's profile is, Peach making this thread, and we are currently thinking of making seperate tiers is due to his variable statistics. The main issue seems to stem from gaps between the feats, consistency, and continuity in the series, which many believe not to be there. However, I actually do believe we have a consistent feat to use to scale Mario. In at least 4 of his 3D games(SM64, the remake, SMG1, SMG2, and 3D World via Green Stars), Mario have fought bosses and Bowser, who are powered up by Power Stars. And Power Stars have shown to be Star level, by creation via creating a realm that contains a star in 64 and by statement via Rosalina, who has an extensive knowledge of the cosmos.

With this knowledge, I think it would be more neat, organised, and more importantly, consistent if we include a rating for Mario (And everyone else who scales from him) based on these facts. It will be either At least Star level , the calculation Cal made (Solar System level it gets accepted), or we can also scale him based on information we gained on the Power Stars in the Galaxy games. Either of these 3 works. Not only we can finally remove the confusing variable tier, it will make the page alot more logical and so much easier to scale future characters. Ask for his (and other characters) higher end feats, we can simply insert a Possibly rating of his high end feats or simply higher, if we can't seem to agree on a particular rating. Same applies to other characters in the series as well.

I think that Dino Ranger Black seems to make sense.

@NotAMarioFan

We don't need to. Like I said, we have finally have a consistent feat to scale Mario and co. from, which is defeating enemies amped by Power Stars. His higher end feats will simply be labelled as Possibly, depending on which feat we wish to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back