• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario discussion 9.5:Forum's inside story

Fodder scaling is crazy.

Bob-Ombs on their own can have explosions easily higher than 8-C and that throws the scaling chain way off.

Then the other barely 8-C feats if there are any other than Monty Moles, are performed by enemies that are normally treated as superior to the common foot soldiers like Thwomps, Chain Chomps, and Banzai Bills, possibly Charging Chucks as well, and it would be weird to judge them on their own feats when comparitively so far the best feat for the general fodder species aside from Bob-Omb explosions was done by a Monty Mole who aren't even "elites" in the army to begin with.

That being said, Odyssey also has a solid likely 9-A feat for the Goomba being able to shatter large bricks in Wooded Kingdom, and at the very least I can see that being okay.

But I dunno. Hammer Bros. can shatter the metal armor of the giant Robobrood's legs with their hammer throws. Perhaps that could yield something nice? At the very least I don't see it being any less than Wall+
Can you get me footage of the feats?

I'd agree with 8-C personally for fodders. There's two feats on that level that I know of, and a bunch of higher tier 9 feats too for consistency.

Two feats is enough? Even then, we apparently came to the agreement all fodder don't scale to each other because some are "clearly" better than others.

Two feats + all the supporting 9-A and high-end 9-B ones, like I alluded to in my post.

I thought lightning was said to be in talks of getting yeeted cause humans can survive it apparently

And there's still the issue of the fodder scaling chain. The rest can't be comparable if Chain Chomps aren't when they were also in the mode that had all minions at comparable levels as that's contradictory.

Lightning durability isn't a thing, but as far as I know it's still acceptable to get AP from using real lightning as your attack.

Wow this thread has been inactive. Have the enemy profiles been uploaded yet?

Also, may have been brought up before, but in Bowser's Castle in PM64, there's this dialogue:
(Jump to 39:00 )
"Mario, your main goal is to save the princess, isn't it? She must be doing OK, holding on to the belief that you'll come. We soldiers should have broken out to save her by now... But it's taken all our efforts just to protect the prisoners. ...What a shame."

The fact that even while imprisoned, Toad Soldiers can hold off Bowser's forces says something. It takes all their efforts, but that's still some distant scaling to Bowser's minions. It helps that that soldier is the only soldier in the prison, so he may have been solo-ing, despite the prison lifestyle. (I do wonder how long he spent in there. Long enough to become malnourished?)

Though, said cell is locked, with the Koopatrol being notably alone, both on the overworld & in battle. But scaling to one Koopatrol is better than nothing.

Thoughts all? Trained Toads being tiered would be interesting, IMHO, even if we haven't seen them do much combat.

Maybe this?
786923ca295289941985fc9052656d1c.jpg

And that Thwomp profile need a large clean-up.

So that was a thing

I disliked how quickly it was shut down. One side didn't even get to propose counters.

But whatevs. There's still tons of hax additions we gotta compile as well as fodder tiers.

64:

The Toads in 64 are definitely not a mechanic thing. I think it is astral projection as the first toad even says to Mario "we're" trapped between the walls despite the door literally being right there. It makes no sense. After you talk to them they become transparent again as you stand there as well so it's not a rendering issue.

Peach has a message on a wall that tells Mario Bowser is here or whatever and that the power stars are in danger and that there's a secret one in the room and in the first Bowser level before entering the Warp Pipe a sign will tell you that it is Peach and she gives you some advice. She's def got more ESP/Telepathy stuff going on in this game and possibly clairvoyance for leaving notes well in advance detailing exactly what would happen and is happening

Bowser also has ESP for monitoring Mario's progress and having his voice speak to Mario while he's in another world/dimension.

Power Stars have a ton of implied abilities we'll need to add. They are probably worth a CRT on their own.

Sunshine:

Shadow Mario needs a BIG revision. Lots of additions to add. I will bring up that the flood of the plaza has a few local statements implying it's unnatural, the cutscene with Shadow Mario overlooking the Plaza, and the fact afterwards the water evaporates in a flash according to the locals leads me to believe that Shadow Mario was the cause.

Also, after sitting in the Secret Levels for a while the stars endlessly cycle from the bottom to the top. New stars appear and disappear at the bottom and the top respectively. I dunno if this is anything significant though.

Jr. should have shapeshifting via the magic bandana since is shapes his body into Mario for the form.

Shine Sprites keep storms away and help make the sun bright being facets of its power. The haze caused by the lack of them made crops unappealing and made locals cranky and feeling depressed. There's also ties to happiness when you free the Sunflowers of the fake Yoshi's plaguing them and a Shine Sprite appears as well as Eely Mouth feeling thankful after you clean It's teeth.

Mario causing the large stone(?) bath with that liquid inside plus the giant Bowser to tip over could also maybe be applied to LS. Likewise, Bowser tilting the platforms with his stomps in 64 could net something neat.

Galaxy:

Fodder NPCs survive the destruction of Mecha Bowser in this game in Toy Time Galaxy.

Goombas and other enemies can withstand a single Star Spin in this game. Magikoopas react to Star Bits and are one of the few who do.

Power Stars could maybe get the Pranskter Comet abilities since the comets suddenly disappear upon collecting them and the icon looks like a shooting star, not to mention Galaxy 2 has the Green Comet producing Green Power Stars directly.

Rosalina has full control of the Observatory so she def scales to it's speeds. Possibly Light and Matter Manip for materialising the small castle thing onto the first planet of the game, The Gateway and creating a bright light from it.

Star Bits are actually pieces of stars that can come together to form Power Stars as shown by the intro. Dunno how useful this info is. I think we have gravity manip already for Mario cause tbe spin will pull certain items towards him sometimes.

Mario should get adaptation for adapting to the various changes made to galaxies by the Prankster Comets and a few other things I'll probably elaborate on in an actual CRT.

Uhhh... Worth noting the Comet Luma can shuffle or get rid of Comets showing multi-galactic range given these are galaxy clusters in each Dome supported by the official guide and manuals and all. This also means it can move these comets these distances in short timeframes as well.

1-Ups are described as giving you "One additional Mario"

Galaxy 2:

Bowser is stated to be growing more powerful in each encounter with him. That's probably an ability on the wiki that I forgot about.

The Green Star Comet feat of course.

In both games enemies will appear fron black voids that show up.

Whomp King breaks the 4th Wall and also provides proof for 1-Ups being canon and being just extra Mario's

Uhh... I don't remember much else.

3D Land:

Bowser is implied to be responsible for the storm that spreads the leafs everywhere in the beginning.

He can fly away after some battles

His white/pink fireballs will phase through objects

And there's way more like Junior's possible technopathy throughtout the games and more.

Not even touching on the RPG and Spin-off abilities and feats cause woo boy they are also long. Goombas and otber fodder survive the Koopa Cruiser explosion which is actually bigger than it looks just like Mario's Castle feat so once that's properly calced that'll be a good feat for fodder.

64:

The Toads in 64 are definitely not a mechanic thing. I think it is astral projection as the first toad even says to Mario "we're" trapped between the walls despite the door literally being right there. It makes no sense. After you talk to them they become transparent again as you stand there as well so it's not a rendering issue.
I find this pretty creepy ngl

Bowser might be getting good passive transmutation/empath/corruption hax as the second he appears the cats become dark and evil and I think where enemies once stood are now those dark cats.

Only speculation now but big if true.

BJ and Mario also would thusly have the best resistances to those of the cast.

Yes he comes up and a big storm happens instantly. Horizon-spanding. Maybe we'll even get a big world overview or lore statements to know the full scale but I'm gonna doubt those lol.

Back