• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, don't watch Death Battle if you don't like them. We've seen enough. Their researches are incorrect and awfully done. And this isn't the first time. I can find millions of VS Debating sources that are better than Death Battle.

@Jared1111

Sonic Shuffle. which is considered non-canon 'round these parts, It's wanky as all hell but an argument can be made for those speeds if someone brings up Galaxy.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
-Assuming that Mario's invincibility would make him anywhere near as strong as Super Sonic when Super Sonic has actual feats way above his regular tier.
This actually does make sense a little bit. Cuz only full power Super Sonic is 2-C, regular Super Sonic is only 4-A, which would put him below Mario's invincibility (3-C). And I believe reaching full power would take him sometimes.

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
@Jared1111

Sonic Shuffle. which is considered non-canon 'round these parts, It's wanky as all hell but an argument can be made for those speeds if someone brings up Galaxy.
Sonic Shuffle was never stated by Sonic Team/SEGA to be non-canon though.

Funny fact: They mentioned the SPD from Sonic Unleashed and used it to support Sonic being several times Mach Speed.

Heres the thing. If you Light Speed Dash into the checkpoint, it clocks the SPD as something around 370 or something around there... You know what that means?

This episode was totally dissapointing. I'm no longer expecting good research but well animated battles. And this episode was boring in the fight.

Mario's fighting style was pretty bad aswell. He didn't even use SM 64 3 hit combo.

The fight was also pretty slow... which is ironic.

I can't believe they ruined the 100th battle. And the animation method isn't faulty since Jack vs Afro was awesome.

Remember the time when VS Battles Wiki used to believe Sonic characters being universe level is an outlier? Who is the one being a hypocrite now after ScrewAttack started copying VS Battles Wiki's outlier method? Yeah thought so, no offense but stop being a hypocrite and just accept the result being accurate already.

Someone even said that we shouldn't be rude to them because they don't believe Sonic scales to Solaris because even us took that as outlier before so you're just pointing the obvious here.

I once again mention the faulty use of the Sonic Unleashed SPD meter. If the Light Speed Dash takes you through it at around 370 SPD, and Sonic can move up to around 2600 SPD at max... Well, let's math.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Except they didn't call them outliers. They said Sonic doesn't scale because he doesn't have abilities that they do which is even worse.
From what I gather, they're saying that Solaris/Time Eater aren't universal via AP, they're universal via an ability of some sort. Those abilities are something Super Sonic doesn't have access to. While I don't agree with it, I can understand it. Like, you know how Super Buu was gonna destroy the universe by screaming, which would cause a chain reaction? He's technically universal, but nobody scales to it, as he isn't universal via AP, but via a special ability.

While I understand your point you're using a false equivalency. The Vice Shout actually scales to AP since Gotenks (who was slightly stronger than Super Buu) can do it too.

Well, yeah, character who are stronger than Super Buu can do it, but it still doesn't scale to their AP. It's still an ability as opposed to AP.

I don't remember if Buuhan doing the Vice Shout was something exclusive to the anime. If not then it directly scales to AP because Super Buu only opened one gate while Buuhan could destroy the whole space-time opening too many gates.

Calaca Vs said:
I don't remember if Buuhan doing the Vice Shout was something exclusive to the anime. If not then it directly scales to AP because Super Buu only opened one gate while Buuhan could destroy the whole space-time opening too many gates.
I'm not sure, but it doesn't scale to AP, as he was going to destroy the universe via a chain reaction as opposed to just raw AP.

ShakeResounding said:
Funny fact: They mentioned the SPD from Sonic Unleashed and used it to support Sonic being several times Mach Speed.
Heres the thing. If you Light Speed Dash into the checkpoint, it clocks the SPD as something around 370 or something around there... You know what that means?
I mean, if we go by that logic then they'd probably go full on Game Theory and argue that the Light Speed dash doesn't really move at light speed in game, and Sonic is barely able to go over 300 MPH or some shit because of the scaling to some buildings and crap. So at best he'd not actually move at Supersonic speeds in game and therefore blah blah blah Mario is faster because of speedruns and other stupid stuff.

Either way, it doesn't really matter because as they said, if they did scale Sonic to his FTL feats, they'd do the same for Mario and the more outlandish FTL feats from Mario Party or Mario Galaxy... which far exceeds anythings Sonic's done. So it's not like it changes the battle in favor of Sonic or anything.

And besides... they admitted that Archie Sonic would kick his ass anyway, so in the end Sonic wins everytime baby.

Did you even read what I said? I said Super Sonic only has infinite speed when filled with positive energy, which he wouldn't have in this fight.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Sonic always uses the positive energy of the Chaos Emeralds regardless if it's the 4-A or 2-C version.
Dude, the entire reason we even have the varies on the profile is because the chaos emeralds grant more power depending on how strong the opponent is.

Dude, the entire reason we even have the varies on the profile is because the chaos emeralds grant more power depending on how strong the opponent is.

That's now what you argued before. You said Sonic is only 2-C when amped with positive energy. I responded saying that Sonic, regardless of whether he's 4-A or 2-C, always uses the positive energy of the Chaos Emeralds.

I really don't know or care about the exact details, ask Medeus about the specifics. All I know is that the stronger the opponent, the stronger Super Sonic becomes, his minimum being 4-A and his maximum being 2-C.

Heck, the minimum was supposed to be put back down to 5-A months ago. That's not even waiting on a thread because that thread has been made and accepted a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back