• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who saw it early, what were your thoughts on it, what versions of the characters did they use, and how was their research and reasoning? Remember to hide you replies in spoilers to help people who don't want to be spoiled.

Dude, you don't need to bump within minutes of posting something. You should wait until at least 8 hours have passed, preferably. Give people a chance to respond.

This isn't the discussion board stop

Usual SA nonsense.

-Ignoring many feats on both sides.

-Assuming that Mario's invincibility would make him anywhere near as strong as Super Sonic when Super Sonic has actual feats way above his regular tier.

-Not having the same power source = you cannot scale, apparently

-Ignoring feats

-Separating reaction and movement speed this much

-Assuming Mario =/= Paper Mario

-And ignoring feats dammit

Outcome was accurate, research was meh at best, the rest of the episode was pretty awful.

Jokes were not funny, the animated Wiz and Boomstick were pretty unnecessary, the fight was pretty well animated, but the script and the fight itself were pretty disappointing and the VA for both Mario and Sonic were both pretty bad.

A dissappointing 100th episode.

@Cal The problem is that by their very nature, shows like Death Battle aren't as open to debate as forums or wikis are. We have no reasons to be "open" to them if they only ever did one "rematch" in all of their 100 episodes. Whereas you know as well as me how often matches are removed and remade here.

The real cal howard said:
Can we like, stop hating on Death Battle for once? If they've become more willing to accept us (they have, given how they used one of my calcs in the predictions), we should do the same.
Except i am a fan of Death Battle. Doesn't mean we can't criticize it.

Can we like, stop hating on Death Battle for once? If they've become more willing to accept us (they have, given how they used one of my calcs in the predictions), we should do the same.
>Asking VS Battles wiki to not hate Death Battle in the year 2018.

>implying VS Battles wiki would ever forgive them for their crimes of having senpai Gaara lose to Toph.

>Asking VS Battles wiki to forgive Death Battle after sparking the ultimate NLF of "Superman wins because **** you" so that every Dragon Ball and Superman fanboy can piss in each other cheerios til the heat death of the universe.

>Asking for forgiveness after what they did to my boy White Bomber.

>Greentext

Never forgive. Never forget.

Avatars-000292534164-hfrn5i-t500x500

(but yeah, they're fine, i think people get a bit to bent out of shape about their outcomes, but hey... such is the internet.)

They nerfed both of the characters, but either way I don't mind that Mario won. Also can someone please tell me how is base Sonic even light speed, when he got tagged by a slow black hole that wasn't even light speed?

JohnCenaNation said:
They nerfed both of the characters, but either way I don't mind that Mario won. Also can someone please tell me how is base Sonic even light speed, when he got tagged by a slow black hole that wasn't even light speed?
Probably plot induced stupidity. Also, the people here have posted multiple sources of his light speed feats.

They ignoring feats due to the fact that these feats are on many debate sites already. Instead, they only put on feats that are less known about to keep the video more fresh. They also mentioned that the show was made by Wiz and Boomstick and not SA or the internet. Everything was analyzed by Wiz and Boomstick not SA or the internet.

Personally, Dante vs Bayo amd Bowser vs Ganon were horrible fights that will go down in infamy, especially the latter.

How could they excuse that? Bowser LITERALLY had the stat trinity yet he lost to "muh intellect", a "death curse" that they claimed made Ganon have the better magic, and an unholy NLF being abused

Also, I can see why they didn't give Sonic Solaris amd Time Eater scaling plus the FTL base form.

That's still a source of debate in many places and we can't expect everyone to agree with everything on the site.

What they went with was a good emough middle ground amd they clarified that should you consider Sonic FTL, Galaxy makes Mario faster regardless so it's a moot point.

What's funny is that given they scaled the Star Children to each other, doesn't this make Bowser Vs Ganon and Luigi Vs Tails even more abundantly clear that they're stomps? Luigi and Bowser, according to DB, would both get near Planet level and FTL ratings from Galaxy and scaling to Wario. It's made funnier when people still argue that Tails would win because "muh IQ"

Death Battle didn't include Paper Mario so Sonic should have won.

But yeah, the research is what I have a problem with. Because punching the moon is remotely comparable to busting the Earth.

Can you link the part where they used your calculations?

I agree with Fox, for all the people complaining about the lightspeed feats for sonic, they mention that they're really anal about feats if they aren't clearly shown, and outside of the guidebooks (as far as i know) Base Sonic has never been shown to be FTL in base form... also, as they also mentioned in a blurb, if they decided to say **** it and used the FTL feats, they would have done the same for Mario and his FTL feats from Galaxy (which i'm pretty sure are way faster than any of Sonics games feats) so if anything they did Sonic a favor by not including those.

Same with the Universe+ feats, as much as we may brag about being right... it took us, what, years to finally accept the Universe level feats as anything but outliers? I'm pretty sure there were multiple threads about how inconsistent it was and how we wouldn't count it because of various inconsistencies... so i can't really get too mad at them for being abrasive over feats we ourselves had issues with for so long.

Besides... lets be honest, at this point you don't watch Death Battle for the "research"... you watch it for the jokes and well animated fights.

Sonic Heroes Has Sonic doing a lightspeed attack both during & after Sonic Overdrive,Shadow The Hedgehog has Shadow reacting & navigating in a lightspeed circuit(similar to their argument with Odyssey's lightning bolt) So they still missed those ones.

If Screwattack wants to go down the road of thinking Hyper Sonic is canon then they have to consider Sonic & co. crossing the 4th dimension which I've seen calcs that put them at nonillions of times FTL.

Doesnt Sonic need Tails and Knuckles to perform that attack though? It's been awhile since i played that game, so i'm not sure.

Can't really comment on the Shadow the Hedgehog, never played it, but i'll take your word for it.

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
If Screwattack wants to go down the road of thinking Hyper Sonic is canon then they have to consider Sonic & co. crossing the 4th dimension which I've seen calcs that put them at nonillions of times FTL.
I'm sorry what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back