• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it because they used the fake Sonic with green eyes. Replusive, I unsubcribed to Death Battle and stopped watching them after that massive blunder. Also wanna say the only DB with a Mario character worth being mad about is Bowser vs Ganon. I know this is crossed out but I'm being serious

You say this as you join in on the fight against my personal opinion of the MvS rematch.

I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong. I'm explaining why not even looking at a video because of points that aren't even well structured is dumb. I'm also not attacking your personal opinion, but okay.

Also, I severely doubt that the fight was made to "appease rabid Mario fans". If anything, Sonic has the more rabid fans, which you can gauge by just looking at the comments and the like-dislike ratio. You know how many times I've seen someone comment "Mario wins, you idiots"? Sometimes, but not nearly as much as "Sonic wins, you idiots". Another thing, how can you even really judge the video when you haven't even watched it? Just because people said it was garbage here doesn't mean much.

Theuser789 said:
I still EXTREMELY disagree with the battle being respectful or funny, or even good animation because it's copying the Mania Adventures artstyle
Since when was making an animation similar to another animation instantly means that it's bad?

Cropfist said:
They did make goku vs superman to appease the DBZ fanbase? when they complained about no SSG+? and it still went down as one of the most unnecesary episodes in the series? Meanwhile sonic fans said nothing after knux vs DK
I don't need to watch it when the first posts of this very thread are tearing it asunder.
They absolutely did not do Goku vs Superman 2 to appease DBZ fans, they did it to further their own (bullshit) claim that Superman wins no matter what and because they really enjoyed making the first one. If anything, all it did was piss of DBZ fans and make them hate DB even more. If they really wanted to suck off DBZ fans they would've had Goku destroy Superman. Mario vs Sonic is clearly not the same as noone really asked for a sequel to Mario vs Sonic, but they made it to be more fair and streamlined, instead of massively underestimating Mario to be barely Wall level. It was more fair to both character than the previous version anyway (which was an older episode so it's fair that it was less well researched since nobody on youtube took VS debating seriously back then)

No offense man, but if you ignored everything that this sites ***** on, you'd basically be ignoring about 99% of everything else on the internet. We complain a lot about other people and their opinions.

Also @Theuser789 ... whats wrong with Mania Adventures?

That is ONE of the reasons I don't like it, you are being way to defensive of a YouTube show, especialy with your comments and others comment about "you shouldn't be mad" "it's just a show", yet people are doing the same to anyone who just critizes it

It's wrong because of how they blatant were copying it's style right when it was popular for a match were Sonic was portrayed horribly, I would go into detail but I don't want to debate with this

I am pointing out criticisms that I feel are flawed. I think both were downplayed and I disagreed with how they treated their upper potential. I am also not getting mad over this, although I can't say the same thing for others because I don't know how everyone feels.

As for how Sonic was portrayed, the same could be said for Mario. As I've mentioned before, the portrayal is bound to be inaccurate because, realistically, Mario and Sonic would never fight to the death.

I literally stated like 5 different things i don't like about the show, and talked about how i disagree with half their battles and only like their animations. I stated multiple times i have NO problem criticizing them for their bad research or faulty logic. Thats fine. I have issue with hating on them just for the sake of hating on them, or criticizing them for "making Sonic look bad" in an animation thats meant to be goofier and not what their research shows.

I think their Goku vs Superman fight was really nicely animated (2 more than 1) but their research sucked ass and they started this stupid "Superman is unbeatable" that still won't go away. Toph vs Gaara, Tifa vs Yang, and Dig Dug vs White Bomber are so badly done that anyone with a 10 minute google search could've done better. Their Doomguy vs Master Chief fight wasn't even wrong, but the animation was so bad it's laughable. But, that doesn't mean they need to be constantly shit on for no reason.

A lot of the people in this thread hate them just for being Death Battle and will outright despise them because "other people hate on them" and that's a stupid thing to do and is reductive. Death Battle at the end of the day is web series where a bunch of nerds think of cool fights with fictional characters with like 2 weeks of research and get some animators and voice actors to show off their skills and then that's it. They aren't bad people because they make bad fights, nor do we need to treat them like they're some boogeyman or some plague on VS debating, when i guarantee about 20% of people that visit this site probably tune in to their show every once in a while.

Good thing that I don't hate them just to hate them, and I dislike the animation for making both of them bad, I don't like it being goofy, and a random internet stranger isn't going to change that

Death Battle is just a YouTube show yet you need to make walls of text in a internet forum defending it

Theuser789 said:
Good thing that I don't hate them just to hate them, and I dislike the animation for making both of them bad, I don't like it being goofy, and a random internet stranger isn't going to change that
Death Battle is just a YouTube show yet you need to make walls of text in a internet forum defending it
>Spends a lot of his time on an internet forum debating whether or not a goofy fictional hedgehog has infinite speed and if said character can defeat a goofy italian platformer character whose designed for children.

>Pulls the "why are you taking this so seriously" card.

Dude, we're both losers, don't try to pretend you're above it all because you can't read 3 paragraphs of text. I also wasn't directing my criticism at you, i was directing it at people who blindly hated on them because "muh death battle". If you got issues with them, cool, if you're so much of a buzz kill you can't enjoy a goofy italian plumber being goofy, fine as well.

Also yeah @Quicksilver, their OST's are suprisingly good. Really like the Wings of Iron and the Voltron/Power Rangers ones best.

Do not put me in the same category as you, at all, not with your assumptions, they are honestaly terrible, first you are the one who is making paragraphs about how Death Battle is not bad because someone whined about it, at least I am not a hyprocrite, I am not saying I am above, do not project that your "defense squad" contradicts yourself

Also I am not a """"buzz kill"""" just because I have standards on animation and I don't think arm flaing or "kick in the nuts" is good humor

Next time don't go projecting on other people

>Because i have standards in internet animation with a furry blue hedgehog and fat plumber wearing overalls, which must be taken seriously at all times.

George constanza

>He's a blue hedgehog bro you can't take it seriously, no, don't talk about how can I strawman every franchise this way

Sorry that you just accept whatever is given to you without thinking

I ain't saying you can't take him seriously (I much prefer Adventure 1 and 2's story to Lost World and Colors) i'm pointing out how hilarious it is that you're getting on my case for "defending" Death Battle and how stupid and lame that is, while also getting butthurt over goofy internet shorts that were made to be fun internet shorts because you have "standards in animation" (which i've met people who are die hard animation fans say they love the humor and fun of Mania Adventures is excellent so good for you). You've a buzzkill because you can't seem to understand that Sonic and Mario are diverse characters that can be cool and cute. Batman of all people can be both goofy and serious, and have both parts of that be totally viable.

You can't stan the hell out of a character to a point where you will enter entire threads to talk about how awesome said character is and defend him from anyone and everyone, and then get mad at me for telling some other dude to not be so close minded about something because VS Battles Wiki told him he couldn't like it. Heaven forbid i talk about DEATH BATTLE in a DEATH BATTLE thread.

Doesn't Sonic already have a FTL feat since he's able to outrun a black hole in Shuffle it's also a 4-A feat since the black hole is sucking up countless stars

Genericstickman said:
Doesn't Sonic already have a FTL feat since he's able to outrun a black hole in Shuffle it's also a 4-A feat since the black hole is sucking up countless stars
Sonic has plenty of FTL feats, but DB decided not to use them for some reason. They mention that even if they used them, they would use Mario's FTL feats from the games, so they might as well give them both FTL feats and call it a day. I get not wanting to use outliers, but it's Sonic dude, nobodies going to bat an eye if you say he's FTL.

ShakeResounding said:
2015 VSBW flashbacks intensify
Ah yes, 2015. The good old days when Jojo was Country level, and Mario was only Island level-Star level, and Sonic was only City level and base, and Planet level with his Super form, and when Kirby was only Planet level.

Damn, times have changed a lot, have they?

Yeah, i guess that is something i can give DB credit for, they mostly do their research in like 2 weeks with a small crew, while we have like 10-100 people working on individual characters over like 5 years. And even then we can't decide whether or not Archie Sonic is actually Universe+ level because he once got knocked out by 200 pound weights.

ShakeResounding said:
Amen to that. 7-B Sonic, Low 7-B/High 4-C Sonic, 5-B Flash, etc.
Though seriously, The Flash and other Marvel and DC characters should be Multiversal at this point.

And tbh, Country level Jojo sounds kinda hot.

Jared1111 said:
Yeah, i guess that is something i can give DB credit for, they mostly do their research in like 2 weeks with a small crew, while we have like 10-100 people working on individual characters over like 5 years. And even then we can't decide whether or not Archie Sonic is actually Universe+ level because he once got knocked out by 200 pound weights.
Motorcycle level Mogul

Jesus Christ you are projecting way to much, first I am not butthurt at all, don't go around playing that game because you were the one who went to defend Death Battle as if they were someone related when someone complained about it, also I never said I disliked Mania Adventures, I said I disliked the animation because it copied Mania Adventures

Lmao, that has nothing to do with why I dislike it, I don't dislike it because Sonic has to be dark and gritty, I dislike it because I find it not funny, stop making mental gynastics about it

I literaly never have done that, I never went into threads just to defend Sonic as a character, people have done way more than me in fact

The real funny thing is that everything you say applys to you, YOU are the one who entered this thread to defend Death Battle and talk about how awesome it is, YOU are the one who got mad because you thought someone was "closed minded about it", YOU are the one who couldn't handle me disliking it, and went talking about how I was a buzzkill because I didn't like it, because God forbid someone criticize Death Battle in a Death Battle thread

There would be no discussion if you could accept people might not like what you like, instead of making assumptions and calling people stuff because of it

Also stop trying to deflect, even if you were right you would still be wrong, two wrongs don't make a right

ShakeResounding said:
Amen to that. 7-B Sonic, Low 7-B/High 4-C Mario, 5-B Flash, etc.
Just watch, we'll finally have 1-A Shulk soon. Tfw a character that used to only be Low 2-C suddenly becomes a 1-A.

That day is gonna be so epic.

Tipper17 said:
I Dont understand why this thread from 2018 got bumped?
Idk man. This thread seriously needs to be closed. I'd way rather not put up with this bullshit. Can someone actually please close this thread? Most of this stuff is hella outdated anyway.

And that's ok, i can still call you a buzzkill who has bad taste because Mania Adventures is very funny and likeable and has a great artstyle. As was the Mario vs Sonic DB.

I have seen you enter threads, when you had no other interest in the thread, or has nothing to do with sonic, just because somebody mentions sonic randomly. Even as a joke, it's very clear you're a diehard sonic fan (which theres nothing wrong with that whatsoever)

I'm entering a Death Battle thread to talk about Death Battle, and i laid out that i felt like he was being unfair in saying Death Battle is bad when he hasn't even watched it. I also talked shit about it about 10 times and agreed with people that it had flaws and that DB wasn't a perfect show. I said MULTIPLE TIMES there is nothing wrong with disliking the show, but disagreed with the notion that they only did it to piss of Sonic fans/stroke off Mario fans and that it was bad just because it's DB.

I ain't deflecting shit, i know i'm a loser who spends way to much time on a stupid internet forum.

Idk man. This thread seriously needs to be closed. I'd way rather not put up with this bullshit. Can someone actually please close this thread? Most of this stuff is hella outdated anyway.

Just ask a staff member to do so

AgentJojoBerserk said:
Just watch, we'll finally have 1-A Shulk soon. Tfw a character that used to only be Low 2-C suddenly becomes a 1-A.

That day is gonna be so epic.
If the Composite Mario Profile becomes official, i'll literally eat a shoe and broadcast it.

So you admit you are wrong, excellent, that's the first step

No, I never said I disliked Mania Adventures please read my post, and even then that isn't a argument, I can say you are just a consumer who just a consumes without thinking, stop calling people stuff because they don't agree with your oppinions, it makes you a hyprocrite

Number 1, stop stalking me, number 2, I only corrected people, I never argued when people said Sonic was a bad character

That's the problem, you can't respect that some people can judge things before consuming them, some people don't want to waste money on games they will hate for example, that's why trailers exists, you literaly keep calling me names just because I don't like the animation. You need to stop being defensive if people dislike it for these reasons, plus strawman, nobody disliked only for those reasons

Good that you admit you are a loser, just don't project that flaw on others

All you have to do is not call people stuff because they don't agree with you, just that

As a last question, who do you think should have won?

Never admitted i was wrong, only that you have bad taste

You literally stated you disliked the Mario and Sonic DB animation because it reminded you of the Mania Adventures, and that disqualified from it being good animation. Read your own posts dude

Nice defense against you admitting that go into random threads to "correct" people about Sonic. I'm not stalking you, i just happen to end up in the same Mario and Sonic threads because, shocker, i like both.

You can't dismiss something outright, refuse to watch it, and still call it shit and say it's nonsenical. They basically said they only disliked because "people on here were trashing it" not because they say stuff they disagreed with. Which is dumb, because we overexaggerate shit all the time. Also dude, you're the one that insulted me and then got mad when i jokingly called you a buzzkill (which you are, but i digress). Also, you aren't paying to watch like 20 minutes of a ******* VS battles episode, it's not that big of a deal to watch it THEN form your opinion.

Yeah i'm a loser, and you're a loser too. But that's ok, just don't pretend you're better than me because i don't automatically hate DB because they exist. That's my final post, and i agree we should end this discussion.

EDIT: Also, just to appease you, i think with the power and equipment they gave Sonic and Mario, Sonic should've won. If Mario had all his equipment like the Pure Hearts, i would probably lean towards Mario.

Oh please, are you actually trying to say I was just part of some "DB bad hivemind"? I have known DB longer than I've known this place, I have watched every episode besides four, and you will never see me trashing the episodes on any other thread. I am allowed to dislike one episode.

I dislike a shit ton of DB's too, i been with them since day one, i however, have not disliked them without watching them. You can dislike whatever the hell you want, but actively refusing to watch something and then still saying it's garbage is dumb. Creating conspiracies that they just did it "appease rabid mario fans" is also dumb, because they've done the opposite to way harsher fanbases for years is. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back