• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe) Upgrade {SUCCESS}

According to Endless Mike (our most trusted Hero Academia calcer), his result of Iron Man powering up Helicarrier rotor was 361 tons of TNT. He should be upgraded back from High 8-C to 8-A:

https://forums.hero-academia.com/xfa-blog-entry/calc-requests-part-27.36502/

MK VI's level of speed: (Found in Iron Man 2 interactive website)

https://i.imgur.com/dP1qARl_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Mach 8 or 2,744 m/s (Hypersonic)

This is how the Iron Man 2 interactive website looks (Iron Man 2 official site URL doesn't work so the screenshots were posted by unknown person): https://m.imgur.com/t/movies_and_tv/dto6f

The feat will scale to "Mark 6 onwards" section of his profile of course. Even though it says "up to", doesn't mean it will be indicated as "at most Hypersonic" because later and newer armors scale to this aswell.

Quicksilver (Marvel Cinematic Universe) Speed Upgrade {SUCCESS}
Quicksilver's speed was already upgraded to Massively Hypersonic.

I would appreciate some community input here.

As long as there's no contradictions I'm fine with Mach 8 Iron Man (haven't watched the movie in a while).

There should be upgrades to GotG2 characters speed, they're easily able to control and fly space traveling aircraft through asteroid fields and Mach 21 jet packs.

LordGriffin1000 said:
As long as there's no contradictions I'm fine with Mach 8 Iron Man (haven't watched the movie in a while).
And even that level of speed, it's still nowhere near Thor's flight speed, and Mach 21.

Just finished watching Iron Man 2 and didn't find any contradictions, nothing saying he can't fly that fast.

Asyulus said:
LordGriffin1000 said:
And even that level of speed, it's still nowhere near Thor's flight speed, and Mach 21.
when have any of these characters displayed that level of speed onscreen? he couldn't even save rhodey and thor himself has yet to break the sound barrier

Drummerboi.x said:
when have any of these characters displayed that level of speed onscreen? he couldn't even save rhodey and thor himself has yet to break the sound barrier
Him not saving Rhodey is rather called PIS, and he was wearing the Mark XLVI which was not even designed for combat and speed travel. Look how weak is that armor, it couldn't even no-sell an arrow from Hawkeye undamaged. It also received contusions and damages just from cars alone. That's not large building level like his stronger armors sans Hulkbuster. So it means that it is not fast too. Not to mention Civil War seems to ignore the power and speed levels of the characters.

And what are you talking about for Thor thing? Thor is Massively Hypersonic in flight speed: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thor_(Marvel_Cinematic_Universe)

So no, this Mach 8 speed is no way an outlier.

I think that this seems reasonable, but let's wait for Matthew.

I disagree with all of this, mostly.

• Mach 8 Iron Man Iron Man is fine. But he also has Mach 30+ speed feats, and even a Mach 3 feat in combat.
  • Thors hammer also has triple digit Mach feats. Quicksilver notably sees Mjolnir fly in slow motion.
  • Hulk is Subsonic at a minimum. The speed of his leaps and charges is far greater than a human's. He also fought both Loki and Ultron, who's speeds scale to Iron Man, Ultron is even superior to Iron Man in every way.
  • No, powerscaling in Civil War can be legitimate. Be reasonable. We do know that Spider-Man is stronger than Bucky since he casually stopped his punches, that Cap and Panther are comparable with Panther being more durable, that Vision and Wanda are equal, and that Cap's shield is strong enough to shatter Tony's armor.
  • All of that is legitimate and logical. What isn't accepted is Cap beating Tony with his fists.
  • Spider-Man's feats are not legitimate because it's in a crossover movie? I'm sorry, but that makes little sense. Also, Peter survives a building collapsing on him, his web holds a 4,000 ton ship in place for a few seconds, and Shocker can flip a truck with his blasts.
  • Piercing durability isn't a thing. Don't use bullet low-ends, ever. I can't even believe you think Wonder Woman being shot is legit when physically speaking you become 100% bulletproof at 9-A+. Also, make Loki's durability 7-B, dude survives beatdowns from everyone.
  • Sif scales because the Warriors Tree are some of Asgard's finest warriors, while Loki isn't known as a fighter. In Thor 2, each of the Warriors is confident they can beat Loki in a fight.

Gwyn recalced it on a lower result. But Endless Mike has since calced it himself and I think his version is the definitive one.

I have no problem with your evaluation, but I would appreciate if you do not use the word "lol" in a disparaging manner to other members.

The calc that i made that put Iron Man at 8-A didn't account for the fact that the feat was achieved in a certain timeframe.

Dividing the total result by the timeframe gives us the power aka what we use for Attack Potency.And the final result was Large Building level by changing NOTHING on the original calc.

"Yeah Gwyn calced it but there is another calc that got a higher result so even though i have no experience in anything related to math or science i say that i trust the other calcer more"

The calc group is going to decide wether a calc should be used or not.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, Iron Man should be 8-A. I trust the Endless Mike version of the calc the most.
Where's the link of that. I saw before Iron Man MKVI and later got downgraded from 8-A to High 8-C.

And where did you get the Iron Man Mach 30+ thing? And the Mach 3 combat speed thingy?

@Gwynbleiddd Okay. Do we need to adjust any profiles?

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I saw Mach 3 on the MCU Wiki when I googled it but the wiki didn't link any evidence.
Wikias involving MCU aren't useful here. Articles can be edited by anyone.

"Yeah Gwyn calced it but there is another calc that got a higher result so even though i have no experience in anything related to math or science i say that i trust the other calcer more"

I would prefer a less aggressive tone. We really don't need this to turn for the worst. I said I prefer Endless Mike because his blogs tend to be more in-depth and include more explanations / justifications.

And Xcano didn't really debunk anything. He just took one side where we visibly see Mjolnir break the sound speed with a Mach cone and said that it isn't moving faster than sound in any other scene. This is a really faulty reason. You are basically expecting that the sfx team will take the time to put a Mach cone every time.

I have no idea why the MCU profiles have such a complete divide over Combat Speed and Travel Speed. Regardless, Mach 3 Iron Man in combat based on his own feat and Mach 100+ Quicksilver based on his own feats is good.

I get my feats from OBD calcs. Iron Man is capable of Continental flight in minutes as well as flying in circles at Mach 3.

Also, the Helicarrier feat in the way Endless Mike calced it has nothing to do with any timeframe. It has to do with Iron Man powering up and spinning the Helicarrier rotor, replacing the GPE and producing KE.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I get my feats from OBD calcs. Iron Man is capable of Continental flight in minutes as well as flying in circles at Mach 3.
That's a spectacular feat. Link?

I never understood why we cant scale Moljnir's returning speed to Thor's flying and throwing speed.

Mach 2.24 not Mach 3. Still supersonic. Running in circles around the Helicarrier turbine is still flight speed? Initially, MCU Iron Man profile is supersonic in flight speed.

And the continental flight?

He does it in Iron Man one. Look up Comprehensive Speed Scale on OBD.

@Rad

We can. No reason to assume that Mjolnir is magically faster one way or another. If it can fly away from Thor or back to Thor at MHS speeds, no reason to assume it'd be slower flying Thor.

Nah we can't not use civil war regardless of some PIS moments, that's unfair as it is canon. As far as Wonder Woman is concerned, unless DC actually confirms that Diana is weak to certain types of weapons, just assume she deflects bullets for 2 reasons:

1. To redirect the bullets safely

2. Because it looks cool

On another note I feel like the new MCU timeline needs to be discussed. I think this is further proof that the movies refuse to recognize the TV and Netflix programs.

Tv and Netflix are 100% canon. What are you talking about. Characters like Sif, Fury and Hill all appear in Agents of Shields.

The movies just don't explore them for the same reason you'll often have the Avengers writer ignoring what's going on in Spider-Man. Everyone if more focused on their own story instead of the impossible task of a 100% connected universe.

Also, the movies take far longer to produce than the shows, and thus the movies don't often acknowledge their events, but that's not to say they don't happen.

Hell, Age of Ultron opens on a plot thread started by AoS.

In other words, until Disney says otherwise, regardless of time-line retcons, the continuity is still shared? Fair enough but it almost feels like Feige is trying his best to not reference the other properties in any fashion. I heard he has beef with the guy who controls the Marvel shows so maybe his goal is to edge them out? Remember when the inhumans were supposed to be introduced in the movies but as soon as AoS starts to cover them, all of a sudden the inhumans are pushed back and now we're getting the Royal Family on TV instead. Just chalk this up to a rant but I still say feats from Civil War should count regardless of PIS.

Matthew Schroeder said:
He does it in Iron Man one. Look up Comprehensive Speed Scale on OBD.

@Rad

We can. No reason to assume that Mjolnir is magically faster one way or another. If it can fly away from Thor or back to Thor at MHS speeds, no reason to assume it'd be slower flying Thor.
I think ur doing a fair bit of reaching there mate. Mjolnir is a 42 pounds object that has only gone supersonic on its own with no dead weight (thor) and it did that all of twice and they were both independent on thor. All the times we've seen thor fly has always been subsonic. And how is qs mach 100 when he got killed by quinjet fire?

I'm not reaching at all.

Thor's hammer shows clear MHS feats in Thor 2 both when thrown and returning, and Thor's weight has absolutely no bearing on Mjolnir' magical flying properties. Thor never slows it down, so you can't assume it does unless stated.

Similarly, Thor flies about as fast as Iron Man if not higher, and can outpace the Quinjet, both of which are much faster than Subsonic. And if you assume Thor flies at Subsonic speeds because of a Mach cone, than that reasoning is flawed. If you think it's because he doesn't appear to be, then that obvious. Thor 2 is the movie with the instances of Mjolnir performing super fast speed feats.

And Quicksilver was weakened when he ran to save Hawkeye and died to protect them. He didn't have time to pull each of the victims away from the bullets in time. It's his lowest end feat.

Quicksilver's casual running speed was calced at Hypersonic+, his feat of seeing a bullet in slow motion was also Massively Hypersonic and he sees Mjolnir is also slow motion to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back