• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Lucifer profile kinda stinky. Gonna rework its statistics and add some abilities

The Devil's in the Details​

First off though, Marvel Database splits Lucifer and Satan/Marduk Kurios, and I don't agree with that. MD might be the only source of information some people have on these guys since I'd wager Son of Satan runs are relatively obscure, so I'll explain. As I understand it, the reason they believe that they're split is, first off, the different names, and secondly, the fact that Satan has once stated he is not the fallen angel, while Lucifer does claim the opposite.

Addressing the former is easy: Satan has many avatars and names (forgive the various pics, just look at the one named "Multiple Selves") so minor differences in personality and big ones in appearance don't really matter. Hell, even "Satan" is just a name he picked up.

As for the latter, that statement comes from an old Defenders run (Defenders Vol 1 Ch 111) that has had various bits retconned afterwards. Namely, the fact that Mephisto and other Hell Lords are just avatars of the real Satan (First scan). That clearly doesn't work with modern lore which sees them as equals. I'm not saying that everything from that issue is useless but that bit certainly is considering that in more recent times he has indeed claimed to be the Lucifer cast down from heaven and all that jazz. His statement was even confirmed by an archangel, although I'd wager some other lore negates that (As additional proof, Lucifer is also semi-confirmed to be that Lucifer in GR Vol 6). Either way, whether he actually is or isn't doesn't actually matter here, just that he's claimed it.

So, with Marduk = Lucifer (Not necessarily the angel cast down from heaven, just the demon who goes by Lucifer in Ghost Rider Vol 6) hopefully confirmed, what does this mean for the profile?

Statistics​

Now I know I've been talking about the fusion until now, but the stats here don't actually have anything to do with it. Simply put, the statistics on our profile are... bad. Like, deletion-worthy bad. From the top:
  • Undead Host
    • Fine for the most part, I'm not a Ghost Rider guy so idk if he's actually 4-B in this issue but I'm not putting it into question.
  • True Form
    • This key should not exist at all. The "true form" that Earth's reality could not handle is really just his form in Hell, Hell Lords become weaker on Earth, that's a universal thing among them. So this key's statistics should just be in the "In Hell" key, but I'm gonna address them here.
    • 2-C: No. The universe being unable to handle his body is not a matter of sheer AP but even if it was it wouldn't be a 2-C feat at all. The "nobody else could destroy him" thing makes no sense considering the sheer amount of people stronger than Ghost Rider in 616 Earth. He should be comparable to other Hell Lords tho so 2-C stays anyway.
    • 2-A: Not superior to other Hell Lords since the whole "Earth can't handle him" thing is universal. Should be comparable though so again, no actual drop in statistics, albeit he'll be a bit lower in scaling than he is now.
    • Immeasurable LS: "The Universe couldn't host him due to how powerful he was" what? I don't see the relation. Should be Unknown.
    • Immeasurable Speed: "Completely transcends the Space-Time continuum of Earth-616" where are you even getting that? Just scale him to Mephisto and the gang again.
  • Hell Form
    • Already addressed that so I'll just say that his on Earth statistics (cause he can appear on Earth just like all other Hell Lords, he'll just be weaker, the AP scans on this profile basically say that already) should be 4-B/2-C, again scaling off the Lords of Hell.
    • He also should have an "avatars" key that's 4-B for being able to fight Daimon Hellstrom. As for why that key should exist...

Powers and Abilities​

Well I'm not gonna talk about every single abiity I wanna say this guy's got like 50 appearances. So here you go here's the sandbox, Satan P&A on top (That's where his Avatar Creation is detailed), mostly finalized profiles for his kids under that if you're curious, they're not part of this CRT but I don't feel like moving them.

Hell Lords​

Now I promise this isn't a stealthy attempt at passing some huge upgrade, it's some very minor stuff.

Currently our H.L. profiles are formatted pretty weirdly, some have their Earth and Hell stats in the same key without distinction, some split it in two keys. Personally I think it should be one key (since it's not two different states of the character at different points in time, just a variation of power, and there's no variation in abilities), but one like this:

"Tier: Varies. At least 4-B, up to 2-C. at least 2-C, possibly 2-A in Hell" is what I'm proposing. Keep in mind I'm not making any actual changes, this is all using already accepted statistics, just organizing them a little better. There is one fairly minor upgrade though.

Likely Infinite Stamina in Hell, based off Daimon stating that, in his own realm, he could literally fight forever, before confirming that he'd be just fine after years of fighting. Keep in mind Daimon is incredibly knowledgeable on demonic stuff to Dr. Strange levels, he would know. And at the same time he isn't even a Hell Lord here, he's weaker and rules over a much smaller amount of land so actual Hell Lords should be superior to this.

Last edited:
I mean it's not really that big of a deal IMO, it's mostly trying to fix the mess that specifically Satan/Lucifer/Marduk are

Oh, two small things I forgot about:
  1. The profile should be named "Satan (Marvel Comics)", since that's the name he uses more often. Or "Marduk Kurios" if preferred, I suppose, but the former name is used more often and more "iconic".
  2. The profile should have a note explaining this whole identity mumbo jumbo, and another one explaining that while he was originally the one who made the deal with Johnny Blaze, that was retconned to be Mephisto.

Last edited:
Oh, two small things I forgot about:
  1. The profile should be named "Satan (Marvel Comics)", since that's the name he uses more often. Or "Marduk Kurios" if preferred, I suppose, but the former name is used more often and more "iconic".
We can create a redirect link from the former to the latter if you wish, but I think that several Marvel demons have claimed that name.
  1. The profile should have a note explaining this whole identity mumbo jumbo, and another one explaining that while he was originally the one who made the deal with Johnny Blaze, that was retconned to be Mephisto.
That seems fine to me.

We can create a redirect link from the former to the latter if you wish, but I think that several Marvel demons have claimed that name.
That is true, but none are noteworthy, and the note on the profile would acknowledge that. Plus, they've claimed the name "Lucifer" just as much

Well, the true devil of Marvel Comics is the dark side of the personality of The One Above All: The One Below All.

Soul manip is listed twice in the sandbox - at the very top.

That's a lot of P&A to get through, seems fine at a glance. Not sure about certain abilities such as Immortality type 8 cause it's a bit confusing as a power (on the wiki), but the rest seems fine

Well, the true devil of Marvel Comics is the dark side of the personality of The One Above All: The One Below All.
Nobody calls him Satan/Lucifer, though. At least, not consistently. And I'd argue that as (one of) the beings that rule over Hell and the souls of the dead, Satan/Marduk/Lucifer is closer to what one thinks of when they hear "Satan".

Soul manip is listed twice in the sandbox - at the very top.

That's a lot of P&A to get through, seems fine at a glance. Not sure about certain abilities such as Immortality type 8 cause it's a bit confusing as a power (on the wiki), but the rest seems fine
They're associated with different abilities so it's better to keep them split imo

I think that we can create redirect links from "Lucifer (Marvel Comics)" and "Satan (Marvel Comics)" to Marduk Kurios if you wish, as the last one seems to be closer to his real name.

I think that we can create redirect links from "Lucifer (Marvel Comics)" and "Satan (Marvel Comics)" to Marduk Kurios if you wish, as the last one seems to be closer to his real name.
I'm not opposed to that but do keep in mind that the great majority of stories featuring him do call him Satan. Either way I'm fine with it

mostly finalized profiles for his kids under that if you're curious
Honestly I’m more interested in this, I was actually gonna read up on Daimon and Satana to make profiles for them, but it seems like you’ve got that covered lol

Type 4 is fine, but there’s not really anything to justify Types 1 and 8 here.
I dunno if you linked the wrong scan here, cause it’s the same one you linked for Size Manipulation, but I don’t see summoning here.
I’m not sure what this would qualify as, but I don’t think this is Life Manipulation?

Everything else is good to go 👍

I'm not opposed to that but do keep in mind that the great majority of stories featuring him do call him Satan. Either way I'm fine with it
Okay. Thank you. Is that fine with the rest of you as well?

Honestly I’m more interested in this, I was actually gonna read up on Daimon and Satana to make profiles for them, but it seems like you’ve got that covered lol
Dude I heavily recommend NOT doing that cause Daimon's his first run (Marvel Premiere) is pretty good and then Defenders kinda completely destroys his personality and after that every writer does their own thing, some portrayals are good but most of them make him kind of a weirdo, a creep or even just a villain which just kinda hurts to see. I can give you the few runs I liked if you're interested tho
Type 4 is fine, but there’s not really anything to justify Types 1 and 8 here.
I mean Hell Lords are like, old as shit no? Thought it'd be self-explanatory but I guess I gotta say that much for Type 1. As for 8 the Mephisto scan says he revives cause of the hatred of mankind or something like that
I dunno if you linked the wrong scan here, cause it’s the same one you linked for Size Manipulation, but I don’t see summoning here.
I mean there's just a buncha demons in Daimon's house, he oughta have summoned that
I’m not sure what this would qualify as, but I don’t think this is Life Manipulation?
Fusing stuff like that is generally life manip but actually his personalities are souls so actually it'd be more soul manip
Okay. Thank you. Is that fine with the rest of you as well?
(for the record i'd still prefer Satan, I just dont care too much)

I mean Hell Lords are like, old as shit no? Thought it'd be self-explanatory but I guess I gotta say that much for Type 1. As for 8 the Mephisto scan says he revives cause of the hatred of mankind or something like that
Ah, I just missed the Mephisto scan. Nvm, Type 8 is fine. Type 1 is fine too, as long as it’s justified on the profile.
I mean there's just a buncha demons in Daimon's house, he oughta have summoned that
Hmm, fair, but I would put that as “possibly Summoning”
Fusing stuff like that is generally life manip but actually his personalities are souls so actually it'd be more soul manip
Yeah, I was also thinking that it’d be Soul Manipulation.
I can give you the few runs I liked if you're interested tho
Sure.

Ah, I just missed the Mephisto scan. Nvm, Type 8 is fine. Type 1 is fine too, as long as it’s justified on the profile.

Hmm, fair, but I would put that as “possibly Summoning”
sounds good
The original Ghost Rider Vol 1 Ch 1 -> Marvel Spotlight Ch 12 to 22 Hellstrom run is pretty good for a 70's comic, it does have a bit of retcons in the beginning but it's pretty graceful after that. Spirits of Vengeance is a more modern comic with Ghost Rider, Blade and the Hellstroms and I thought it was really fun, it's the classic GR story with a lot of Satan shit but it's just cartoony enough to not be edgy while still not being ridiculous.

Special note goes to Savage Avengers, while I really like him in it he doesn't have too big a role but generally I really enjoy Savage Avengers, it's basically Marvel Team-Up but with a more cohesive story and actually pretty fun characters, I adore Conan the Barbarian in it.

As for Satana, once again Spirits of Vengeance, and I liked her in Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers even though she's not the focus since it's a team comic.

The original Ghost Rider Vol 1 Ch 1 -> Marvel Spotlight Ch 12 to 22 Hellstrom run is pretty good for a 70's comic, it does have a bit of retcons in the beginning but it's pretty graceful after that. Spirits of Vengeance is a more modern comic with Ghost Rider, Blade and the Hellstroms and I thought it was really fun, it's the classic GR story with a lot of Satan shit but it's just cartoony enough to not be edgy while still not being ridiculous.

Special note goes to Savage Avengers, while I really like him in it he doesn't have too big a role but generally I really enjoy Savage Avengers, it's basically Marvel Team-Up but with a more cohesive story and actually pretty fun characters, I adore Conan the Barbarian in it.

As for Satana, once again Spirits of Vengeance, and I liked her in Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers even though she's not the focus since it's a team comic.
Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll check them out after I read Spider-Gwen.

Can I consider this accepted or is this not enough approval? It's not really too big of a crt imo

Let's wait a bit and see if we get more input first.

She doesn't have a key for it on her profile but if she was/is probably yeah. But I'm not gonna add that key to hers, I'll just revise the profiles that have those stats currently since that's more straightforward

He also should have an "avatars" key that's 4-B for being able to fight Daimon Hellstrom. As for why that key should exist...
BTW I'm actually gonna go back on this since his avatars only show up without ambiguity for like, 1/2 issues, otherwise it's very unclear if it's an avatar or simply Satan shapeshifting into a different form, like when he turns into a human to trick people. Plus they'd really be barebones abilities-wise

Can somebody write a list of the EXACTLY WORDED titles for all of the pages that you need me to unlock please?

Speaking of which, minus the References, it's all done. I'd appreciate feedback since I added a couple P&A and stuff

Last edited:
Ok so, I can do the edits tomorrow, listing the pages I'll need to handle for my own sake

• Lucifer (duh)
  • Mephisto - Only one that needs to be unlocked, no need for that yet tho
  • Satannish
  • Pluto
  • Hela
  • Blackheart - This one's weird cause he doesn't scale to 4-B/2-C on Earth like the others, but it actually fits the format I'll apply outside of that so it's fine lol, I'll leave it as is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back