• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass Effect and Shepard's Calcs and Possible Upgrades

Eh, probably not, maybe upgrade him to building for that because Wrex uses his power to his highest degree in the midst of a charge, which is a biotic ability.

Alakabamm said:
Eh, probably not, maybe upgrade him to building for that because Wrex uses his power to his highest degree in the midst of a charge, which is a biotic ability.
ok (And for now, I'll leave the adrenaline rush where it is)

Alakabamm said:
Well, there's only one profile and Kaen did a pretty good job of showing how it could be changed an hour ago, all that remains is to finish up the calcs on our end (the speed one, if Chaos isn't interested in it because I dislike stealing people's calcs) and wait for any updates Chaos will do.
But yea, I agree with the changes.

You're free to look into the feat I posted as a bunch of screen caps

Not like its the only instance in the film for me to look at, just the one I have a webm to accompany it at this time

Probably I can scale the size of the Hades Cannon

And then calc the destruction power of th M-920 Cain

ME3_Hades_Cannon_London.png

ChaosTheory123 said:
Seems kind of low when his best display in his hurried sprint was finishing a full running stride before the bullet reached him :hmm

IIRC, sprinting stride is something like 1.5-1.7 meters?

Horizontal distance to Vega looks no more than 2 meters eye balling

Z-axis (found through angular size) would probably be 5-10 meters at most if I had to take a guess too

You'd then use the pythagorean theorem to get the total distance the bullet travels

That being said, that's just an eyeball and hardly what I'm going to post :maybe
^I posted this

Go for it

Just be sure to look up human running stride length, because I'm not sure on the approximate average value off the top of my head

ChaosTheory123 said:
Go for it
Just be sure to look up human running stride length, because I'm not sure on the approximate average value off the top of my head
Oh ... I actually thought calculate the distance that Vega moved and then calculate the time it took the bullet to get where he was would be a good method

(I get a result of 35545.0397334016849091503234 m/s = Mach 103.6298534501506848663274735)

So you're saying something like the bullet was 2m away and he moved 1m?

Alright, post it when you get the time.

Ok

(And now I'm also calculating the volume of the Hades Cannon (I've no more colors for the ridiculous number of lines I used ;-;))

Well, he didn't destroy the entire Hades canon per se...what would you be using that volume to calculate?

Actually, I think adrenaline rush dilates time 50% so it would boost his reaction speed 2x. Still MHS but different from the MAR speed.

Alakabamm said:
Actually, I think adrenaline rush dilates time 50% so it would boost his reaction speed 2x. Still MHS but different from the MAR speed.
That varies on the level and the game

But ok

If Alakabamm, TLT1, and Chaostheory123 are fine with it, then so am I, but didn't Alakabamm mention that there were changes that needed to be made?

The only thing left to change (Kaen having implemented the others yesterday) is the speed, which just got a Massively Hypersonic result by both Chaos and Kaen. We also should up the adrenaline rush speed as well, as Kaen said.

However, I don't think we've discussed whether that is reaction or combat speed. It looks like combat speed based off the calc but I'd like to hear others' opinions.

IMO, the MHS feat is for combat speed

(Although my method was incorrect, I get the same result)

And... If Shepard survived a full body charge from a Krogan (which are comparable to the Praetorians) he/she shouldn't be City Block Level in Dura?

And "Likely Large Building Level" for the Amplified Punches

And The MHS is for "combat, movement and reaction speed"

KaenDragneel123 said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
Don't see why he would be notably beneath Wrex from his Virmire feat
But... It wasn't you who said that this was only for a full body slam?
And this makes his limbs weak? Remember, that full body slam is powered by 2 legs moving the body's entire mass. Doesn't translate into a kick though given those don't have the full mass of the body behind them.

You work in ratio from comparisons to a person running full tilt (full body slam) vs how much energy they can put behind a punch/kick

Trained Martial Arts IIRC can hit in the mid hundreds of joules. Strongest recorded punch was breaking a kilojoule. A full body slam of someone that atheletic isn't exactly breaking past 5000 joules (for reference, someone with a mass of 100 kg running at 10 m/s [as in... that scenario is likely never happening] is going to reach that kind of full body slam)

Its where I derive large building level from.

Large building level

A trained athletic humanoid isn't likely to be striking with punches 10-20 times weaker than their full body charge

Would probably be closer to 5-10 times at most

Back