• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Charizard speed upgrade (potentially)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Since Charizard is now the only Pokémon that can fly like the HM used to, I'm planning to try to calc that speed. The game says Charizard can fly anywhere in an instant. So a low end would be a second, and a high end would be three, which is how long the cutscene takes when Charizard is selected. Is that allowed?

I did a rough calc and flying from the southern most point of Hawaii to the northern most in 1 second is Mach 1221. Massively Hypersonic+.

I support this. Charizard must be blindingly fast to be used as a transmit of transportation.

I also support this, maybe all the trainers will get scaled to these pokémon speed feats from Sun/Moon.

I agree with the upgrade, though would prefer an official blog/ calc and have it checked this time (Perhaps make it as part of a multitude of calcs, to save time) since I rather not have rough calcs.

Well, a more accurate end would probably only end up in the higher hends of MHS rather than MHS+. I'll get to a more formal calculation soon.

Any idea who it'll scale too? I'm guesing end-game trainers of Alola + Everyone who returns.

Huh? So just because the game says Charizard can fly anywhere in an instant we need to take it literally? I don't support this calc, Charizard being able to fly anywhere in an instant is hyperbole, which was made to show how useful Charizard is when it comes to flying.

Though FTW has a point, a low, mid, and high end based on approximate times must be made.

@Saikou is Charizard native to Alola?

High end is a second. Mid end is 3. Low end is 4. High end is assuming instant. Mid end is the cutscene minus loading time. Low end is including loading time

The real cal howard said:
High end is a second. Mid end is 3. Low end is 4. High end is assuming instant. Mid end is the cutscene minus loading time. Low end is including loading time
Is this based on the games where it takes 3-4 seconds to fly from city to city? Shouldn't that be considered game mechanics.

Hmm, we might have a problem, as supposedly the trainer changes into the outfit as Charizard arrives, which means that they should have taken around the same time....

Not really. The outfit is put on instantly. Considering how it's put on for Lapras, Stoutland, and Tauros, and they're enveloped in light.

Ok, strange, I don't remember the outfit being able to envelop you that quick. I thought that your character put it on themselves?

Yeah I can't see the problem (And you shouldn't either, that's illegal),

Jokes aside its still kinda weird tho, perhaps the characters know Clothes Beam

I guess. It is kinda weird, but hey. At least things like this upgrade and 9-B/9-A Tauros can exist.

Hmm, i believe if you can find the distance between each islands first you can find his speed aswell, i think you can use the hawaiian islands to scale the distance

Would this be actual combat speed or travel speed only?

mind you, animeverse is MHS because Pikachu got it from dodging magnemite's thunderbolt.

I agree with this for reasons above.

And wouldnt this also scale to Mega Charizard too due to being at least 2x as strong as base Charizard? And also Dragonite for being consistently comparable to the Charizard species? As wel as any other comparable Pokemon such as final evo starters?

Well the difference between the roaming legendaries and this, is that this feat's timeframe could very well be cinematic timing. There is clearly a cut in the cutscene.

I could agree with this.

The argument for cinematic timing could be made due to the outfit thing, but the idea of it being an instant process is supported by the Ride Pager's in-game description.

"By entering certain numbers on this pager, you can summon Ride Pokémon in an instant."

Say you want to summon Hala's Tauros, which resides on Melemele Island. You are currently on Poni Island and enter the Tauros' respective number. Tauros obviously isn't running across hundreds of kilometers of ocean or taking a boat to meet you. It's being instantaneously summoned in a flash of light, similar to when a Pokemon is called out of a Pokeball. This is a world with far, far greater technological understanding than our own, so something like this is perfectly in line with other widespread utilities in the setting (a machine that can instantly heal all but the most fatal wounds, an entire realm of digital space where matter can be converted to energy and code to be retrieved anywhere at any time, etc.).

The NPC who gives you the TM for Fly even mentions that use of the TM for travel is prohibited on and above the Alola region, presumably due to the fact that it wouldn't be uncommon to suddenly crash into a Charizard materializing out of thin air.

@Azathoth then how do trainers fly on the back of a Mega Latios/Mega Latias, if according to you flying is materializing the Pokemon and teleporting it to a different location?

The real cal howard said:
You realize this is an Alolan thing only, right?
Didn't up until now, I looked at a youtube video showcasing the Charizard fly thing and really to me it's not different from the Flying we see in other Pokemon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back