• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

maybe a new profile for shiny Mega Rayquaza or PIS

in the movie "Hoopa and the Clash of Ages" I saw very strange scenes.

1. Mega Latias, Latios and M-Ray are able to survive the combined attack from creation tio and Kyurem

2. M Rayquaza physically overpowered Giratina

3. the tornado created by Mega Ray withstood the combined attack from creation trio and Kyurem

or is it possible that Hoopa doesn't know how to use the full potential of 2-B mons?

Wobbuffet also absorbs the beam (ball?) from Giratina. Is it possible that Wobbufet can absorb 2-C / B energy, or is it another outlier?
Pokemon Woobuffet usa escudo espejo con Giratina
Pokemon Woobuffet usa escudo espejo con Giratina

Quibster said:
Pretty sure that this movie in general is just a byproduct of "buy the games" promo.
You don't even know about anime adaptations, do you? ALL OF THEM are made by the logic of being a 20 minutes long promo of the original version, be it a manga, novel or game.

That's a harsh assumption.

I just meant this movie because you stated some events were outliers.

Also, I've kind of stopped caring after Sinnoh League Victors.

Then I ceased caring all together when they region-locked the anime because we leaked SwSh.

Quibster said:
That's a harsh assumption.
It's not an assumption, that's how the Japanese deal with anime. It's seen as only a way to ad to the original product. The only ways the anime can be seen as independent product from manga/novesl/games is 1) Not being based on any of those and being an original story or 2) Make a good load of money so the studio keeps producing it.

Quibster said:
Also, I've kind of stopped caring after Sinnoh League Victors.

Then I ceased caring all together when they region-locked the anime because we leaked SwSh.
I'm not even talking about the Pokémon anime, but of anime adaptations in general. In fact, the Pokémon anime is one of the few example of an anime becoming an independent product from the original, obviously because it makes a huge load of money.

Ionliosite said:
Outlier. Pokémon is filled with outliers, so nothing new.
Not that I agree with this, as this is a devil's advocate argument, but, what says this is an Outlier?

Is there any prior statements/feats where Counter/Mirror Coat has been overpowered?

Mega Rayquaza able to overpower Giratina, Deoxys shouldn't be much weaker than m-Ray, Mega Charizard defeated Mewtwo, Mega Blastoise defeated M-Charizard.

It's time to upgrade all megas to 2-B (and Ash-Greninja)

Not that I agree with this, as this is a devil's advocate argument, but, what says this is an Outlier?

Because Wobbuffet is nowhere near 2-B to be able to tank attacks from Giratina, it's immensely above everything it has been shown to do, and Tier 2 Pokémon are walking outliers do to the fact they would just atomize the whole verse with their presence if the writters actually acknoledged how strong they are.

>Because Wobbuffet is nowhere near 2-B to be able to tank attacks from Giratina

But, that "Wobbuffet is no where near 2-B" is just us scaling it, (I.E our headcannon) have we ever seen the upper limit of Wobbuffet's tanking ability or the ability of Mirror cost?

Unless you're seriously implying a regular Pokémon can tank attacks from one of the God Tiers of the verse, then no, Wobbeffet by no means should be able to tank Giratina's attacks.

Ionliosite said:
Unless you're seriously implying a regular Pokémon can tank attacks from one of the God Tiers of the verse, then no, Wobbeffet by no means should be able to tank Giratina's attacks.
Udlmaster said:
Not that I agree with this, as this is a devil's advocate argument
Why? You haven't given a reason why, you're just asserting they can't, which isn't an argument.

There are many factors such as Wobbuffet is designed specifically to take lots of damage and has copious amounts of HP.

The fact that Mirror coat on Wobbuffet hasn't been shown to be over powered so I don't see why it would be an outlier.

That Wobbuffet that Jessie owns is a Unique one like how there are numerous unique Pokemon like Ash's Pikachu, Grovile and Dusknoir from PMD and so on and so forth.

00potato said:
Or maybe the anime has radically different scaling? Are there any 2-B feats in the anime specifically?
I remember Low 2-C feat in the anime series (Palkia and Dialga created a new universe) and 2-C feat in the movie (Arceus created 3 dimensions)

00potato said:
We are probably just over-compositing unless you can prove both settings exist in the same multiverse.
We already have enough Word of God statements to prove both the anime and PokéSpe manga have close if not equal validity to the games (I'll rather lean with close for obvious reasons), so we have no reason to assume otherwise.

Why not just make anime-keys then if this is the case?

Because Word of God says everything that happens in the anime can also happen in the games?

That leads to more inconsistentancy unless we say that nost Pokémon can rival legendary Pokémon. If we give the Anime and Manga it's own scaling then there would be less cross setting outliers.

00potato said:
That leads to more inconsistentancy unless we say that nost Pokémon can rival legendary Pokémon. If we give the Anime and Manga it's own scaling then there would be less cross setting outliers.
Or, we could just call those times of normal Pokémon fighting Legendaries outliers and move on. Anime and manga shouldn't have a different scaling, that would create a huge mess.

Three profiles for every single Pokémon, in addition to having to remake the whole scaling we have, the amount of work needed to do that when we can just follow Word of God and accept the anime and manga isn't worth it.

It wouldn't be too hard to add a new keys and you don't need to do everyone if you don't want to. We already completely redid part of the tie ring system so this should be doable once we find feats. Most of the abilities would be shared anyway.

00potato said:
It wouldn't be too hard to add a new keys and you don't need to do everyone if you don't want to
This is totally false. They would have to be different profiles because we would have to consider them different continuities, and we would need to make everyone because only doing a partial edit to the verse would be even worse.

It would make far more sense to do keys though 1 They are barely different besides power and continuity 2 It would lighten the workload a fair bit.

If you take your time and get help, this should be more then doable.

Ionliosite said:
This is totally false. They would have to be different profiles because we would have to consider them different continuities, and we would need to make everyone because only doing a partial edit to the verse would be even worse.
Would you not at the very least consider this a different continuum where a Wubbuffet can match a Giratina?

So, Wubbuffet (Movie) would be fair game? As the movies are a separate continuity, like how Ash never remembers his encounters with these God tier Pokemon outside of the Movies.

Meaning it is valid?

00potato said:
It would make far more sense to do keys though 1 They are barely different besides power and continuity 2 It would lighten the workload a fair bit.

If you take your time and get help, this should be more then doable.
It would totally make more sense to do keys, but that's not how it works, different continuities have different profiles no matter what, otherwise Batman wouldn't have like 12 profiles.

Udlmaster said:
So, Wubbuffet (Movie) would be fair game? As the movies are a separate continuity, like how Ash never remembers his encounters with these God tier Pokemon outside of the Movies.
The movies aren't on a different continuity tho, many of them (most notably the first two) are mentioned on the main anime.

The only ones that would be different continuities would the 15th (due to being directly contradicted by the N Chapter) and the 20th-22th ones (for obvious reasons).

We might find a way to get away with keys since they are a species and not a character. Even if we have to do keys we can mostly just copy and paste what isn't statistics from the main profiles.

Ionliosite said:
The movies aren't on a different continuity tho, many of them (most notably the first two) are mentioned on the main anime.

The only ones that would be different continuities would the 15th (due to being directly contradicted by the N Chapter) and the 20th-22th ones (for obvious reasons).
I sadly haven't kept up with the newer Pokemon movies, latest I saw was the Hoopa movie.

But, most of the movies do not connect to the main anime, Darkrai, Arceus, Hoopa, Victini, Zoroark, Shaman Etc.

None of those ever connect back to the main continuity and so the characters from there are free to scale differently.

Most likely the only same ones would be the Creation Trio as they would likely be above the "Alternate timeline" stuff.

Back